Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Warhawk
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
DiO
it comes out in about a week. im wondering who here is getting it and if we should jumpstart on a clan right away. like how we didnt do for resistance. also, who is downloading the game and who is buying it in store? it comes with a bluetooth headset if you get it in stores, but i already have one so im going to be downloading it.

Kamahl
Im getting the blu-ray version because i dont have a headset and i like having the disc and manual and all that stuff.

The problem is, i dont know when am i going to get it, i really need some cash and Lair and Heavenly Sword are going to be released in 2 weeks! So i think im getting those 2 and waiting a little bit for Warhawk.
HB~Sauce
QUOTE(D - ҉ @ Aug 22 2007, 09:41 AM) [snapback]1357820[/snapback]
it comes out in about a week. im wondering who here is getting it and if we should jumpstart on a clan right away. like how we didnt do for resistance. also, who is downloading the game and who is buying it in store? it comes with a bluetooth headset if you get it in stores, but i already have one so im going to be downloading it.

Yeah, I wondered what ever became of that. If I ever get a high speed internet connection, I'll start a clan for resistance and join the warhawk one.

Kamahl
the problem with the resistance clan was that we didnt get our PS3s at the same time, what i mean is for example, by the time i got my PS3, everyone had a clan already so they didnt want to leave it and make a new one.

If all of us get the game at the same time, then it will work.
ENVi3
i may be getting Warhawk. ill probably get the Blu-Ray version cause i like having an actual physical manifestation of things. plus i dont wanna spend the time downloading it. and i have a wired headset, and im guessing wireless is better to deal with.

and the problem with the clan thing is that everyone needs to be on often so we can actually play together ....... like Resistance, the last time i saw someone online from this forum was Psy a few days ago, and before that i think D-O was on last week.
DiO
i havent been on cuz i got back into sa-mp. but im bored of it now.im gonna play warhawk a lot. i hope its easier to get in the same server than resistance. thats one problem i had with that. i want it to be like CS and steam. just click their name and go into their server and start playing. none of that creating a party crap and having to wait untill everyone goes in at the same time. i aint waiting around for someone to finish a game so they can accept the party invitation.
Kamahl
QUOTE(D - ҉ @ Aug 23 2007, 04:50 PM) [snapback]1358107[/snapback]
i havent been on cuz i got back into sa-mp. but im bored of it now.im gonna play warhawk a lot. i hope its easier to get in the same server than resistance. thats one problem i had with that. i want it to be like CS and steam. just click their name and go into their server and start playing. none of that creating a party crap and having to wait untill everyone goes in at the same time. i aint waiting around for someone to finish a game so they can accept the party invitation.

Actually, it works like that in unranked games, but not in ranked games. i think its better this way, cause ranked games are as fair as possible.
DiO
actually, thats ideal. really. sounds kickass.
Kamahl
the PS Store download has been delayed.... 2 days. lol

Because they want it to be released on the usual thursday update, nothing too bad so... who cares, the blu-ray version hasnt been delayed.
DiO
ive decided to just get the disc too. so i can play it at peeps house if they dont have the game.
Pieface
This one game may get me back in playing the PS3, it looks so amazing. Doesn't come out over here till the 21st September sadly, at least I get to pay off my Laptop tongue.gif
SMEAR
QUOTE(Die Führer @ Aug 26 2007, 07:46 AM) [snapback]1358395[/snapback]
This one game may get me back in playing the PS3, it looks so amazing. Doesn't come out over here till the 21st September sadly, at least I get to pay off my Laptop tongue.gif

make a U.S account
Pieface
QUOTE(SMEAR @ Aug 26 2007, 08:04 PM) [snapback]1358429[/snapback]
QUOTE(Die Führer @ Aug 26 2007, 07:46 AM) [snapback]1358395[/snapback]

make a U.S account

I want disc
DiO
well im downloading it right now
Psy
With regards to a Resistance clan, me and my mate have started a clan called "All The Rage". It's really named after a Funeral For A Friend song, but it's pretty good when used with resistance for the chimera's rage mode. If any of you guys want to join that give me your user names and I can invite you. We're not on too often, but if more people are interested then we can play a bit more.
Kamahl
IGN review!!! 8.8

I think that is pretty good, also considering that its not even a full game and all...

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/816/816472p1.html
DiO
this game is fucking amamzing. its so fun
Kamahl
i thought you were getting the disc
DiO
i couldnt resist. im glad i didnt. save a bit of money. that and now i dont need to get up and put the disc in if there is a different game in there. i just click the icon.
Kamahl
i almost bought it too but i said no.... i need the headset :P

DiO
well its gonna kick .we can actually communicate now.
Kamahl
so what do you think of it so far? i like the gameplay on the beta but i didnt really play it much because it kept crashing, they fixed that though.
DiO
Its fucking amazing. I was suprised how easy the flying was. A very good system. I mean its easy to fly, but when you face someone else its hard because its easy for them too. I got pretty good at it, i was coming in the top 3 everytime. I think its cause all the newbs playing tho. A good amount of people had mics, I figure with the one coming with the blueray a lot more will have them. I also like the ground combat a lot. I figured the airplanes would rape the ground but its very well balanced. The planes are pretty crappy against tanks if you dont have a cluster bomb. I like how there are a lot of different weapons for the planes too. The animations of the ground troops are pretty good. I like how they strafe. It looks much more realistic than other games I've played (counter strike rolleyes.gif - o how i miss art thou [my steam doesnt work]). But yah, the game if fucking amazing. So fun!
ENVi3
yeah i downloaded it too, i'll used those $20 for future possible map packs.
its pretty great, i just need to learn the maps and play more and i'll be pretty good at it.
DiO
i seen ya online. everytime i try going into a buddies server its always full. man, a lot of people are playing this game already
Pieface
Well Ill have to deffinitely wait till the end of September, this month, after i paid back everything I have £6 to live off o_O
ENVi3
http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstatio...thread.id=73371

i hope this is true.
Kamahl
yep

downloading the update now
ENVi3
that firmware update had no effect on warhawk.
Kamahl
damn, i went to the store to buy it and they didnt have it!!! weird cause we usually get games 1 week after they are released in USA, anyway... i'll get it one of these days, somewhere between today and this saturday :P
Miami13
I got Warhawk the other day, I love the game but the bugs are really pissing me off. Like how the ranks and stats are not recorded and all the Network errors and 'Game Is Full" error. Hopefully it will all work out soon. I have been on the official PlayStation forums and Incog is working on it.
Kamahl
At least they have already answered and they are working on it, i hate when developers don't talk to the consumers.
ENVi3
yes, and various people have reported that when they called SONY they told them that the stats are being recorded, just not updating. and a separate team is looking into the ranks issue.
DiO
well hopefully they get a huge update to stats once they get them fixed i get my rank up

i need to start palying with yall. they other day it was glitching and saying that every server was full. so i couldnt join. i tired getting in some servers as you.

how many of you use the headsets? ill join and call your name
Kamahl
i'll use my headset when i get it, hopefully tomorrow...

I'll buy Lair and Warhawk
Miami13
I use my headset.
SMEAR
QUOTE(Kamahl @ Sep 8 2007, 12:24 AM) [snapback]1361241[/snapback]

dont buy lair rent it first the controls are horrible
ENVi3
i have a headset but i guess barely have it on.

oh and about the stats, they ones you got from 9/2 to 9/8 are lost, but the ones before 9/2 and after 9/8 they're recording.
DiO
QUOTE(SMEAR @ Sep 8 2007, 10:38 AM) [snapback]1361302[/snapback]

good advice. my firend bought it, he got used to it and says he'd give the game 8.5/10

the said the graphics are amazing, and the storyline is good with a lot of twists. im gonna play it at his house soon enough.

i read a similar user review off another forum, they gave it 87%.'

QUOTE(ENVi3 @ Sep 8 2007, 04:59 PM) [snapback]1361406[/snapback]
i have a headset but i guess barely have it on.

oh and about the stats, they ones you got from 9/2 to 9/8 are lost, but the ones before 9/2 and after 9/8 they're recording.

good to know. when an update comes i guess we will all uprank a shit load. i havent even been playing much tho. ive just felt like shit. puking and what not. i
Kamahl
QUOTE(DiO @ Sep 8 2007, 06:46 PM) [snapback]1361462[/snapback]
QUOTE(SMEAR @ Sep 8 2007, 10:38 AM) [snapback]1361302[/snapback]

good advice. my firend bought it, he got used to it and says he'd give the game 8.5/10

the said the graphics are amazing, and the storyline is good with a lot of twists. im gonna play it at his house soon enough.

i read a similar user review off another forum, they gave it 87%.'

I bought Lair and i like it a lot, its not perfect but the controls arent bad, its just that it takes a while to get used to them, it happened to me, i made mistakes but i cant say the game is bad just because im used to play with analogs, can't say a lot about the storyline cause ive just played like 3 missions so far.

Also, the graphics are amazing which makes me think that IGN is full of shit since they gave the graphics a 7.5

On topic, i also got Warhawk today but i feel really stupid now, my mom bought a headset for her phone a while ago and she never used it, i saw it and tried it with my PS3 (i think it was in February), never made it work and i thought it wasnt a blue tooth headset and that was the reason why it didnt work, now that i got my new headset, it comes with instructions and everything works... so i think, what if i try this with the other headset, and damn... it works too, now i got 2 headsets and i also spent more money when i could have saved some.

The good thing is that i prefer having the disc instead of just the download. So its not really that bad.
DiO
well i guess you got a back up mic. or you could sell one
Kamahl
i saw you guys (D-O) and miami13 playing yesterday, i was gonna join but i got the game is full crap... we should try to play sometime, all of us.
DiO
yah me and miami13 wherent on the same team sad.gif. it was an intense cft battle. tie game. it was awsome. ctf is the best imo.
DuPz0r
What's this game like then you guys? i might get it, just as soon as i get my ps3 online.
DiO
QUOTE(DuPz0r™ @ Sep 29 2007, 09:14 AM) [snapback]1365894[/snapback]
What's this game like then you guys? i might get it, just as soon as i get my ps3 online.

pedobearqx1.png bear with me becuse this is a jumbled mess of random thoughts about warhawk:

intense. ctf is the best game mode. always explosions going on around you, so chaotic. its really easy flying warhawks. the learning curve if very low. you wont have a hard time finding servers with a lot of players in it. the game if incredbly balanced. you would think warhawks are dominant, but missle turrets take them out easily. tank can ruin the turrets however. jeep are good for fast getaways. and when used right they can take out tanks (circle around a tank in an open area as someone else uses the mounted machine gun to shoot at the tank. the tanks slow moving turret cant keep up with the jeep). warhawks can take advantage of missle turrets blind spots (EX. mountians in the way of view of the warhawks.) then the warhaks can pop out and fire at the turrets before they can lock on. and that is where anti aircraft flak guns come in handy. one time i hade the flag in ctf running in a jeep. these 2 warhawks where on my ass. i drove in zig zags so they couldnt hit me. so then one landed in front of me and the other behind. they boxed me in, i couldnt go anywhere. so they blew my sorry ass up. gorund combat is awsome too. the rifle has a slight auto aim so aiming with the gun isnt too hard. weapons: flame thrower, pistol, rocket launcher, binoculars (can call in airstrikes), landmines, sniper rifle, knife. the winning team always has people with many mics that co-operate and blitzkrieg their opponets with all types of vehicls (foot soldiers, tanks, jeeps and warhawks.) warhawk weapons include regular misssles (can lock multiple missles at one or more things at the same time), homing missles (lock on better, almost guarnteed a hit), stealth, guided missle (goes to view of 1st person of a missle), cluster bomb (drops to ground releasing many smaller bombs. it rapes ground support), these weird fireworks things. they divert missles. they follow those instead of your plane. and a regular machine gun. (i may have missed some). you can customize the way your character looks and the paintjob on your warhawk. the more you rank up the more customization options you unlock. and you can choose a symbol that will appear on your warhawk and characters back. the only major down falls i complain about is there is no swimming and boats like there was in bf1942. that and you cant bail out of your warhawk and parachute out.

have fun reading that. ill be danmed if im gonna read it.
DiO
i played with kamahl for about 5 mins today. we blew each other up in warhawks at the exact same time. then he comes after me in a warhawk and i run in a bunker. he got pretty confortable there flying low shooting at me. he didnt expect my to blow him up with a nade. then we just waved at each other with are knives. also played with Miami13 in ctf. he dont fuck around getting first place with a score of 230. fuckin deace. what was with the those tards walking around crouching the whole time? funny stuff.
Miami13
QUOTE(DiO @ Sep 30 2007, 11:11 PM) [snapback]1366391[/snapback]
i played with kamahl for about 5 mins today. we blew each other up in warhawks at the exact same time. then he comes after me in a warhawk and i run in a bunker. he got pretty confortable there flying low shooting at me. he didnt expect my to blow him up with a nade. then we just waved at each other with are knives. also played with Miami13 in ctf. he dont fuck around getting first place with a score of 230. fuckin deace. what was with the those tards walking around crouching the whole time? funny stuff.

lmfao, I don't know but I couldn't stop laughing for some reason.
Kamahl
QUOTE(DiO @ Sep 30 2007, 10:11 PM) [snapback]1366391[/snapback]

lol... i could have killed you actually, i stopped shooting cause you werent moving and i thought you werent there, then you get out of the warhawk and killed me :(

Oh and i wasnt using my headset, that's why i didnt answer

I saw you 2 playing but again, when i tried to join i got the game is full error =/ Does anyone know what causes it? or is it just random?
DiO
QUOTE(Miami13 @ Oct 1 2007, 12:56 AM) [snapback]1366478[/snapback]
lmfao, I don't know but I couldn't stop laughing for some reason.

man, that one texan guy musta been hurting. he was laughing for about an hour straight

QUOTE(Kamahl @ Oct 1 2007, 02:02 AM) [snapback]1366488[/snapback]
lol... i could have killed you actually, i stopped shooting cause you werent moving and i thought you werent there, then you get out of the warhawk and killed me sad.gif

Oh and i wasnt using my headset, that's why i didnt answer

I saw you 2 playing but again, when i tried to join i got the game is full error =/ Does anyone know what causes it? or is it just random?

yah, i get the full error all the time. its a piss off. use your headset, i want to hear your sexy voice. cyber? drool.gif
0bs3n3
QUOTE(DiO @ Sep 30 2007, 10:55 AM) [snapback]1366120[/snapback]
QUOTE(DuPz0r™ @ Sep 29 2007, 09:14 AM) [snapback]1365894[/snapback]

pedobearqx1.png bear with me becuse this is a jumbled mess of random thoughts about warhawk:

intense. ctf is the best game mode. always explosions going on around you, so chaotic. its really easy flying warhawks. the learning curve if very low. you wont have a hard time finding servers with a lot of players in it. the game if incredbly balanced. you would think warhawks are dominant, but missle turrets take them out easily. tank can ruin the turrets however. jeep are good for fast getaways. and when used right they can take out tanks (circle around a tank in an open area as someone else uses the mounted machine gun to shoot at the tank. the tanks slow moving turret cant keep up with the jeep). warhawks can take advantage of missle turrets blind spots (EX. mountians in the way of view of the warhawks.) then the warhaks can pop out and fire at the turrets before they can lock on. and that is where anti aircraft flak guns come in handy. one time i hade the flag in ctf running in a jeep. these 2 warhawks where on my ass. i drove in zig zags so they couldnt hit me. so then one landed in front of me and the other behind. they boxed me in, i couldnt go anywhere. so they blew my sorry ass up. gorund combat is awsome too. the rifle has a slight auto aim so aiming with the gun isnt too hard. weapons: flame thrower, pistol, rocket launcher, binoculars (can call in airstrikes), landmines, sniper rifle, knife. the winning team always has people with many mics that co-operate and blitzkrieg their opponets with all types of vehicls (foot soldiers, tanks, jeeps and warhawks.) warhawk weapons include regular misssles (can lock multiple missles at one or more things at the same time), homing missles (lock on better, almost guarnteed a hit), stealth, guided missle (goes to view of 1st person of a missle), cluster bomb (drops to ground releasing many smaller bombs. it rapes ground support), these weird fireworks things. they divert missles. they follow those instead of your plane. and a regular machine gun. (i may have missed some). you can customize the way your character looks and the paintjob on your warhawk. the more you rank up the more customization options you unlock. and you can choose a symbol that will appear on your warhawk and characters back. the only major down falls i complain about is there is no swimming and boats like there was in bf1942. that and you cant bail out of your warhawk and parachute out.

have fun reading that. ill be danmed if im gonna read it.

I've gotta get this game now! I'm getting Blu-Ray though. Can't fucking wait. Disappointment on boats though, imagine a gun boat. I hope they add it in an update.

EDIT: Yes, I read that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.