Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bioshock
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
Pages: 1, 2, 3
ctlfreak
Anyone else think this games gonna be worth playing. i was a big fan of system shock 1 and 2. this is a spiritual predecessor. i like the whole moral thing they are tryin to do, even though im not sure how well it will be implemented. if im not mistaken it comes out this month.

FuddMan
Well I think the facts speak for themselves: OXM gave Halo 9.5/10 and Halo 2 9.7/10. It gave BioShock the full 10/10. I can't see how anyone would not want to at least try the game out.
ManBeast
I've pre-ordered it. Should be an interesting game.
Bitch Heartless
It's not multiplayer right? That's a big thing for me.
FuddMan
QUOTE(Clutch @ Aug 6 2007, 11:12 AM) [snapback]1353861[/snapback]
It's not multiplayer right? That's a big thing for me.

Nah it's not MP...but then again neither was Oblivion...
1UP
Id like to play the game cause it duos look very intresting, but if I don't got the money ill put it to the side. Not on my top games to get list right now. I might rent it eventually but that might be about it.
I Made Your Mom In GMod
I'm probably the only person on the internet not even remotely interested in this game. It just doesn't appeal to me really. I might download a demo if they ever release one but other than that I'm not bothered.
Blaze-uK
This has never really interested me. I thought the videos I watched were boring so I will not get this game. I'll try the demo if there will be one.
Kamahl
QUOTE(Lazz @ Aug 6 2007, 01:53 PM) [snapback]1353943[/snapback]
I'm probably the only person on the internet not even remotely interested in this game. It just doesn't appeal to me really. I might download a demo if they ever release one but other than that I'm not bothered.

you are not the only one, im not interested either.
I Made Your Mom In GMod
That's good to know. Almost every website I've been on to do with games seems to be obsessed.
Pieface
Ive not really looked into it so I'll download the demo I guess and see if I like it. Im suprised it wouldn't get knocked down a bit for having no multiplayer.
Indy
I seriously don't understand how this game is so great! Whats so good about it? The only part that appeals to me is that it's a first person shooter. Apart from that I don't really care.
Pieface
I just went to see some pictures off it, the graphics weren't wow like GoW and the blood spurting was terrible, like something you would see in an N64 Game =/
ctlfreak
QUOTE(Van Hel Singh @ Aug 7 2007, 03:04 PM) [snapback]1354250[/snapback]
I seriously don't understand how this game is so great! Whats so good about it? The only part that appeals to me is that it's a first person shooter. Apart from that I don't really care.

a little thing called a story.

its just an interesting theme but different strokes i guess
FuddMan
The demo is on the marketplace now if you want to try it out.
Meyer Lansky
is it worth 1.3GB?
I Made Your Mom In GMod
QUOTE(DuffMan @ Aug 13 2007, 09:44 AM) [snapback]1356047[/snapback]
The demo is on the marketplace now if you want to try it out.

Eh, beat me to it. Downloading now...
Meyer Lansky
It definately deserves a download
FuddMan
I've been literally leaving it on all day while I've been at the coast and still hasn't even reached 40%. This is ridiculous.
ManBeast
I started at 10AM and I'm at 81%

-spyder-
So has any one got it yet, when the release for the full game in shops for uk for rental, shame i dont have live yet

Ive got a mag with details with this and it sounds really good and the trailer looks ace,

Meyer Lansky
it took me about 45min to download, most of the ppl at gametrailers was having the same problem. one person said his was stuck at 36, he signed out and signed back in and it jumped to 78 and 5mins later it was at 100
I Made Your Mom In GMod
Oh my fucking god. If anybody is reading this who has an Xbox or PS3, get on your online marketplace NOW and download this demo.
Why? The graphics - amazing. The gameplay - superb. The atmosphere - real (for the first 2 minutes into the demo I almost shit myself. You'll see why when you play).
Blaze-uK
Very tense game. The whole feel of the game and atmosphere was just creepy. I loved it though. The abilities play well and the game has had lot's and lot's work and planning put into it. I could pretty much tell that from the demo. The graphics were great, the sound was great and the water looked amazing (at the start anyway). The video at the end showing other things like booby traps, telekenesis and manipulation etc was fucking amazing. If there weren't so many other good games coming out I might of bought it. But I'm sure this will fill the gap for the months before GTA IV comes out. I liked the whole 'No two gamers will share the same Bishock experience' and the other sentence at the end about each play through having different events.

Edit:

Lazz, I don't think the game is coming out for the PS3, just the PC/360 so no demo for the PS3 owners. Also I see what you mean within the openening minutes, very tense stuff. Especially with the the dark areas and narrow hallways or plenty of doors to go in (or avoid tongue.gif). I really did enjoy it though, my interest for the game just went up like 1000%. Deffinetley a GOTY contender.

Edit 2:

[youtube]vUwOiHLgEak[/youtube]

A video showing the scene after entering the light house just after the game starts, for anyone who can't play the demo. It gives you a little info on the guy behind the whole thing and his intentions.
FuddMan
Heh, I left it to download overnight and it finished even before I got to sleep...anyway, played it this morning. All I can say is this = definite buy clap.gif
Blaze-uK
And yet it took me around 7 hours to download.

Edit:

http://www.2kgames.com/cultofrapture/artbook.html 2K Art book released for Bioshock on the 2k website. High and low res versions available for download. It contains spoilers though, 'The one thing I’d recommend is skipping over Ken’s foreword until after you’ve played the game, as it holds some spoilers you might want to keep secret your first playthrough is complete'.
ManBeast
The opening sequence was one of my favorite moments of the demo.
I Made Your Mom In GMod
QUOTE(Blaze-uK @ Aug 13 2007, 10:45 PM) [snapback]1356256[/snapback]
Edit:

Lazz, I don't think the game is coming out for the PS3, just the PC/360 so no demo for the PS3 owners. Also I see what you mean within the openening minutes, very tense stuff. Especially with the the dark areas and narrow hallways or plenty of doors to go in (or avoid :P). I really did enjoy it though, my interest for the game just went up like 1000%. Deffinetley a GOTY contender.

Ahhh, shame. You'd think a game as hyped as this would be released multi-platform.

Having played the demo through about 5 times now I can see this just turning into another depressingly linear FPS. I don't know whether it's because they've cut down options in the demo but from other websites I got the impression that the entire underwater city (or parts of it, anyway) was there for you to roam freely. Right now it just seems like any other corridor roaming shooter but with some pretty water effects and meaty gameplay. I'll have to see how the full game shapes out.

And yeah, the section just after [spoiler]the plane crash when you have to swim into the massive lighthousey type thing[/spoiler] is the best set piece I've witnessed in a long time.
-spyder-
wow, after reading everyones opinions this sounds a great game. I really like the way the atomoshpere sounds and you dont really get that type of feel in most of these type of games but reading and wathcing the trailers now looks excellent.

Also people who dont have Live, like me, could buy the next issue of Official XboxMagazine as there is a playable demo on a disc, as I have a mag and it has quite alot of info with BioShock in and I might scan and a £5 off token at Curry's tongue.gif
ManBeast
From what I've read the demo level act's as a tutorial for the full game, which is why it was quite linear. The full game is open-ended.
DiO
QUOTE(Lazz @ Aug 14 2007, 09:58 AM) [snapback]1356375[/snapback]
Edit:

Lazz, I don't think the game is coming out for the PS3, just the PC/360 so no demo for the PS3 owners. Also I see what you mean within the openening minutes, very tense stuff. Especially with the the dark areas and narrow hallways or plenty of doors to go in (or avoid tongue.gif). I really did enjoy it though, my interest for the game just went up like 1000%. Deffinetley a GOTY contender.

Ahhh, shame. You'd think a game as hyped as this would be released multi-platform.

GoW and Halo=same thing

the game looks pretty cool. ill play it at my friends house. i hope it isnt overrated like halo and GoW was.
I Made Your Mom In GMod
QUOTE(ManBeast @ Aug 14 2007, 06:02 PM) [snapback]1356398[/snapback]
From what I've read the demo level act's as a tutorial for the full game, which is why it was quite linear. The full game is open-ended.

Nice, might just have to add this onto my Xmas list then. wink3.gif
FuddMan
Hopefully I'll be pre-ordering from Play tomorrow. You get a free BioShock faceplate too which is a nice bonus.
Bitch Heartless
QUOTE(D-imebag O @ Aug 14 2007, 10:56 AM) [snapback]1356405[/snapback]
Edit:

GoW and Halo=same thing

the game looks pretty cool. ill play it at my friends house. i hope it isnt overrated like halo and GoW was.

I'm going to have to disagree. Halo being 1st person and GoW being 3rd person alone makes the two totally different. I've being playing both for a very long time and I can tell you that both are very different.
Kamahl
QUOTE(Clutch @ Aug 14 2007, 05:14 PM) [snapback]1356469[/snapback]
QUOTE(D-imebag O @ Aug 14 2007, 10:56 AM) [snapback]1356405[/snapback]
Edit:

Lazz, I don't think the game is coming out for the PS3, just the PC/360 so no demo for the PS3 owners. Also I see what you mean within the openening minutes, very tense stuff. Especially with the the dark areas and narrow hallways or plenty of doors to go in (or avoid :P). I really did enjoy it though, my interest for the game just went up like 1000%. Deffinetley a GOTY contender.

GoW and Halo=same thing

I'm going to have to disagree. Halo being 1st person and GoW being 3rd person alone makes the two totally different. I've being playing both for a very long time and I can tell you that both are very different.

rolleyes7.gif

He didnt mean GoW is the same as Halo, he was talking about Lazz's comment about multiplatforms.
Bitch Heartless
Oh, guess I didn't read the whole post.
DiO
yah, they are both very different. but they are both overrated and hyped IMO
Meyer Lansky
everyone check out the Xbox Bioshock board............. I didnt link to it because I didnt want to
Blaze-uK
QUOTE(GUCCI MaNe @ Aug 15 2007, 09:28 PM) [snapback]1356648[/snapback]
everyone check out the Xbox Bioshock board............. I didnt link to it because I didnt want to

You mean at xbox.com? If not, I have no idea what you're talking about.
-spyder-
QUOTE(Blaze-uK @ Aug 15 2007, 10:13 PM) [snapback]1356656[/snapback]
QUOTE(GUCCI MaNe @ Aug 15 2007, 09:28 PM) [snapback]1356648[/snapback]

You mean at xbox.com? If not, I have no idea what you're talking about.

I think he means the forums site on the official Bioshock Website
Meyer Lansky
Xbox.com, Bioshock was released at Toys R US and a place called TRU and some retailers, and now im mad because some ppl already have the game and I dont
FuddMan
QUOTE(GUCCI MaNe @ Aug 15 2007, 11:48 PM) [snapback]1356676[/snapback]
Xbox.com, Bioshock was released at Toys R US and a place called TRU and some retailers, and now im mad because some ppl already have the game and I dont

omg you'll have to wait 5 days! How will you cope?!

You realise this will stop developers releasing any more games through Toys R Us don't you?

(and TRU = Toys R Us)

I've got my copy pre-ordered. With any luck Play will send it at the wrong time and I'll get it a day early =)
Blaze-uK
Yeh, I read that a TeamXbox also. Like Duffman said, 5 days really isn't that much to wait. I'm not getting it until next month ot christmas.
-spyder-
Heres scans of a latest Official Xbox Magazine I just bought last week

Its a good read so i thoght id post them

Also a £5 off token at Currys.Digital tongue.gif
Voodoo.
I dl'd the demo the other day and just got around to playing through it a couple of times. It's pretty, but I'm having a hard time buying the whole underwater deco city thing. Seems like all of the water leaks are a bit gratuitous. Wouldn't the whole place have shorted out and flooded within a day or so? I know it's fantasy and all, but I have a hard time immersing in the creepy-ness with such continuity problems. It's really pretty, though.
Blaze-uK
Even from the demo I think this can be the game of they year. It has been one of my favourite times on the 360. All from the demo, I can't wait to get the full game. I just hope the game let's you free roam as you couldn't in demo due to it being a tutorial.

EDIT:

Wow, I can really see this game being a system mover! Just look at the reviews...

100 - Official Xbox Magazine UK
Amazingly written and beautifully constructed, it's a complete emotional rollercoaster which we can't drawn any parallels with...You'll be playing this game for months to come, exchanging story elements to build up the bigger picture, and arguing about what it all means.

100 - EuroGamer
BioShock is the ultimate rarity: not only does it live up to its lofty promise, but exceeds it through simple, old fashioned talent and imagination - not to mention verve, style,class, wit, and sheer bloody-minded ambition. It takes the tired, worn-out FPS genre by the scruff of the neck, reinvents and bend it out of shape in such a breathtaking fashion that it's going to take something very special to top this in the months and years ahead.

100 - Game Informer
It’s ingenious, enthralling, and a masterpiece of the most epic proportions. So without further delay, would you kindly enter Rapture so that you too can experience the best that video games have to offer?

100 - 1UP
Taken as a whole, as an experience that's richly and utterly complete, and one that engages the player in a constant dialogue, BioShock is virtually unassailable. And that makes you feel good.

100 - GameSpy
An unparalleled achievement. No other game comes even remotely close to it in terms of raw emotional connection.

99 - Console Gameworld
It's near-flawless gameplay and design leaves me shaking for more.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/bioshock
SMEAR
wow this game is so fucking awesome, i think i played the demo 10 times now
FuddMan
QUOTE(Blaze-uK @ Aug 16 2007, 11:17 PM) [snapback]1356832[/snapback]
Even from the demo I think this can be the game of they year. It has been one of my favourite times on the 360. All from the demo, I can't wait to get the full game. I just hope the game let's you free roam as you couldn't in demo due to it being a tutorial.

EDIT:

Wow, I can really see this game being a system mover! Just look at the reviews...

100 - Official Xbox Magazine UK
Amazingly written and beautifully constructed, it's a complete emotional rollercoaster which we can't drawn any parallels with...You'll be playing this game for months to come, exchanging story elements to build up the bigger picture, and arguing about what it all means.

100 - EuroGamer
BioShock is the ultimate rarity: not only does it live up to its lofty promise, but exceeds it through simple, old fashioned talent and imagination - not to mention verve, style,class, wit, and sheer bloody-minded ambition. It takes the tired, worn-out FPS genre by the scruff of the neck, reinvents and bend it out of shape in such a breathtaking fashion that it's going to take something very special to top this in the months and years ahead.

100 - Game Informer
Itís ingenious, enthralling, and a masterpiece of the most epic proportions. So without further delay, would you kindly enter Rapture so that you too can experience the best that video games have to offer?

100 - 1UP
Taken as a whole, as an experience that's richly and utterly complete, and one that engages the player in a constant dialogue, BioShock is virtually unassailable. And that makes you feel good.

100 - GameSpy
An unparalleled achievement. No other game comes even remotely close to it in terms of raw emotional connection.

99 - Console Gameworld
It's near-flawless gameplay and design leaves me shaking for more.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/bioshock

http://bioshockpwns.ytmnd.com/ tongue.gif
Blaze-uK
Haha, that was great!
Pieface
Wow awesome news, our favourite attorney is back to try and ban another game!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=170329
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.