Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2008 Presidential Elections
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Political & World Issues
Pages: 1, 2
Juice
Let's have some real discussion on the current candidates. Who would you vote in the White house and why?
Qdeathstar
My first choice is McCain, my second choice is Clinton.

I chose those to because i think they have the best leadership ability.
Zacko
I'm not American or anything but I've heard a load of people mention Ron Paul ?
I Made Your Mom In GMod
Giuliani? Running for the presidents? Lol.
I hope he wins because then Agnostic Front's lyrics will still mean something.
Qdeathstar
I have no idea who ron paul is....
Hardcore Ottoman
Fuck Agnostic Front. It's sad, I will be 18 when it comes time to vote... I still need to look at their platforms that way I don't vote off face value.
Bain
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Click under his issues. I agree with most of what is said, especially about wars/foreign policy and such.

I dont agree with the abortion thing, but im not going around impregnating women either so I dont have to worry about that.

Lets put it this way, I like him more than any other candidates so far, BY FAR.

QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Jul 13 2007, 08:11 PM) [snapback]1345961[/snapback]
I have no idea who ron paul is....

And you have political awareness?

You dont even know who the good candidates are because the news saturates your screens with asshole faggots like McCain.
Qdeathstar
Google search for the win, Bain? XD.

If you were that impressed by him, i'm sure you would have said something by now.... So PLEASE don't pretend like you knew anything about him before hand.

I would also add that knowing some two-bit congressman that has no hopes of winning the 2008 election does not qualify as "Political Awareness"
Bain
You are so needlessly egotistical.

I heard about him a few times already.

Nazis actually like him.
I had his website book marked, and yes, I have

But where would I have mentioned him so far?
Qdeathstar
Anywhere. If you know the guy is good, but isn't well known, it would be natural to talk about him. Otherwise your not really supporting him any O.o?

anyway

So called free trade deals and world governmental organizations like the International Criminal Court (ICC), NAFTA, GATT, WTO, and CAFTA are a threat to our independence as a nation.
I can already tell, just from reading that, this guy is an idiot.

The war in Iraq was sold to us with false information.

More like bad intel... based on the intel we had, the decision was correct.

The area is more dangerous now than when we entered it.
Yeah, so it makes good since to leave then? O.o? Secondly, this fact doesn't mean the decision was wrong, it means the support and planning for the decision was wrong. Two different things.

We destroyed a regime hated by our direct enemies, the jihadists, and created thousands of new recruits for them.

Yeah, the regime was hated by a lot of people, including the United States.

Both Jefferson and Washington warned us about entangling ourselves in the affairs of other nations. Today, we have troops in 130 countries. We are spread so thin that we have too few troops defending America. And now, there are new calls for a draft of our young men and women.
They're not credible calls. And oh, guess what, if our youth were forced to serve in the military, it wouldn't be the worst thing that could ever happen.

Secondly, we weren't a world power when Jefferson and Washington were around, and the world was a much larger place. It took 3 weeks to get to "the world" aka europe, when they were around. So what they had to say about international affairs is obsolete, and the mere fact that this guy choose to talk about Jefferson and Washington shows me that he isn't foward thinking.

Under no circumstances should the U.S. again go to war as the result of a resolution that comes from an unelected, foreign body, such as the United Nations.

We own the united nations. Don't worry, if we don't want to fight a war for the united nations, all we have to do is veto the resolution.

Too often we give foreign aid and intervene on behalf of governments that are despised. Then, we become despised. Too often we have supported those who turn on us, like the Kosovars who aid Islamic terrorists, or the Afghan jihads themselves, and their friend Osama bin Laden. We armed and trained them, and now we’re paying the price.
Oversimplification.

Let us have a strong America, conducting open trade, travel, communication, and diplomacy with other nations.

But, you just said you were against free trade agreements? O.o
Juice
QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Jul 13 2007, 11:09 PM) [snapback]1346037[/snapback]

If you were that impressed by him, i'm sure you would have said something by now.... So PLEASE don't pretend like you knew anything about him before hand.

I would also add that knowing some two-bit congressman that has no hopes of winning the 2008 election does not qualify as "Political Awareness"

He's pretty popular on white pride websites, like Stormfront.
Qdeathstar
QUOTE(Juice @ Jul 14 2007, 04:24 AM) [snapback]1346059[/snapback]
QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Jul 13 2007, 11:09 PM) [snapback]1346037[/snapback]

He's pretty popular on white pride websites, like Stormfront.

fantastic. Thats the guy I want running things... A guy who can really appeal to white trash America.
Bain
Im sorry no government seizure, lower taxes, gun rights, privacy, and opposition to outward military contact are all inbred white traits and McCain's bullshit is for Americans elite thinkers.

If R. P. does appeal to white trash America, he should win just like your favorite president, QD, Bush.
Juice
I honestly believe all the presidential candidates with the exception of Dennis Kucinich (who definitely isn't perfect) are too entrenched with the political status quo of this country. I have little to no faith in this electoral process. Nobody is trying to fulfill any sort of meaningful change in regard to the most pertinent issues effecting this country and particularly Blacks. It's bullshit, they're all trained politicians who must walk a fine line between real domestic change or the end of their political career.

I could vote for Hilary because she was the wife of Bill Clinton. We know that when Bill was president, the economy was good to alot of blacks. 13 million jobs were created under Clinton's watch. We hit the lowest unemployment rate in 3 decades. And the lowest poverty rate since 1979. But Hilary has so much views differing from Bill's. I'm not sure how effective of a president she would be. I could vote for Obama simply because he's a Black man running for the highest office in the land, but his lack of credibility on real issues (outside of his opposition to the Iraq war) gives plenty of reason for anyone; especially blacks, not to vote for him. He's more of a Black face representing white interests. He's physically Black and mentally something else.

If I was forced to vote Republican at gunpoint, then I'd probably go with Ron Paul. Simply because he's against the War on Drugs (which has become a war against poor Blacks and Hispanics) and because he opposes American Imperialism. But the fact that he has the backing of numerous Nazi groups and such, is disheartening.

But as it stands now, I'm either voting Elaine Brown or Dennis Kucinich. Both probably won't make it past their party primaries.
Bain
I think its mainly the non race issues the nazis support him for, PLUS immigration stances.

I have yet to read about his general stance on crime.
Juice
Good video for all those interested: Barack Obama, John Edwards, and Dennis Kucinich discuss inequality in America.

[Youtube]4_GkU9sd18A[/Youtube]
Koala-Fire
After watching that video juice I'm with the last two, obama and dennis. I've seen John Edwards talking about equality for african americans but shit when I heard obama say we made plenty advances since slavery, he was on point and when he said not just for african americans but for everybody.... he hit it right on the fucking nail, Juice is a prime example, this guy is probably the most educated dude on here and he's BLACK, and shit I ain't gonna go around talkin about people life's so but I wouldn't bet money that he had it good his whole life. I know plenty of creoles and latinos who have it worse than black people living in desire projects slangin dope makin crack from coke and baking soda then hit the corner with it stupid ass idiots,. So I thought Obama has this topic on lock... then I heard dennis, now dennis basically just changed the subject but I liked what I was hearing regardless, fuck tests... I made better grades on worksheets and looking in the back of the textbook for answers than what I did on tests... lol, not really I fucking slept through class and aced those tests but failed the regular assaignments because I knew the material already, don't blame me blame the boring ass ex-college proffesor ol monotone decaf coffee drinkin ass nigga. But seriously I need some enlightenment on some of the key runners so I can figure my vote.

But Obama had that topic. So far obama has my vote... if not Obama, I'll vote the next best democrat, fuck republicans.

But seriously I would bet money he gets assasinated by some dumb racist fuck.
Amis
I'm not American, but from what I have randomly followed the US election stuff, I'd vote for Obama.
DeKo
Theres a big huge stooshy about ron paul at digg, EVERYBODY is complaining that the media pick who they want and just ignore everybody else, thus how ron paul has never been heard of by the average yank. the media are not fair at all. There was a graph about some presidential debate, it showed how much time each candidate got and it was just horrifying how much of a difference there was.

Qdeath, on a GTA forum, you said you would vote hilary?
Bain
Yeah, true.

I think they mentioned that on John Stewart, and he actually was on the Colbert Report or something like that a while ago.

Then I did like what his position are and what he said.

Its sad that good candidates get not publicity because its all about money.
Hardcore Ottoman
QUOTE(Juice @ Jul 14 2007, 01:13 AM) [snapback]1346119[/snapback]
I honestly believe all the presidential candidates with the exception of Dennis Kucinich (who definitely isn't perfect) are too entrenched with the political status quo of this country. I have little to no faith in this electoral process. Nobody is trying to fulfill any sort of meaningful change in regard to the most pertinent issues effecting this country and particularly Blacks. It's bullshit, they're all trained politicians who must walk a fine line between real domestic change or the end of their political career.
Well that is because focusing on blacks alone is ignoring the rest of the problems...

I could vote for Hilary because she was the wife of Bill Clinton. We know that when Bill was president, the economy was good to alot of blacks. 13 million jobs were created under Clinton's watch. We hit the lowest unemployment rate in 3 decades. And the lowest poverty rate since 1979. But Hilary has so much views differing from Bill's. I'm not sure how effective of a president she would be. I could vote for Obama simply because he's a Black man running for the highest office in the land, but his lack of credibility on real issues (outside of his opposition to the Iraq war) gives plenty of reason for anyone; especially blacks, not to vote for him. He's more of a Black face representing white interests. He's physically Black and mentally something else.
Clinton was effective because of his administration--not because of him. Clinton did whatever was popular and he was lucky enough to have them. Why does it always come to blacks calling any black politician an uncle tom?

If I was forced to vote Republican at gunpoint, then I'd probably go with Ron Paul. Simply because he's against the War on Drugs (which has become a war against poor Blacks and Hispanics) and because he opposes American Imperialism. But the fact that he has the backing of numerous Nazi groups and such, is disheartening.
Yes, I noticed he is isolationist but seriously, this War on Drugs is against the poor people, period. Don't start that crap again. I wouldn't vote for someone who doesn't know how to handle foreign affairs... it may have been something minor in the past (like his insignificant allusion to Washington and Jefferson) but in these times we need a president, an administration that knows it's shit. We're in too deep.

But as it stands now, I'm either voting Elaine Brown or Dennis Kucinich. Both probably won't make it past their party primaries.
Probably.

I'm not voting, I've decided. Most candidates are just trying to win a popular presidency; the ones worth a damn aren't getting the attention they deserve.
Juice
QUOTE(ɹʇxund @ Jul 14 2007, 11:58 AM) [snapback]1346236[/snapback]
Well that is because focusing on blacks alone is ignoring the rest of the problems...

Here’s a list of things I want from my president:
-Education reform
-Health Care reform
-An end to the War on Drugs. I do not want drugs legalized, but we have to try something new.
-Withdrawal from those ‘trade agreements’ which set up the system in such a way that the raw material cost nothing and the after-product cost everything. The raw material is in the poor countries, and the after-product is a highly subsidized, highly priced caricature of what it should be. Another way of fucking over Africa.
-A repeal of the USA Patriot Act.
-Massive job growth in low income areas.
-Those are my realistic wishes, but I also have unrealistic wishes that I won’t list here.

And besides that, there is nothing wrong with preferring one candidate over another based on how his politics will affect you and your people.

Clinton was effective because of his administration--not because of him. Clinton did whatever was popular and he was lucky enough to have them. Why does it always come to blacks calling any black politician an uncle tom?

When I say Clinton, I’m implying his administration, so that pointless correction was unnecessary, but thanks anyway. Clinton’s administration was the best thing to happen to Black people since the Malcolm X era. Thousands of jobs were generated for minorities under Clinton’s watch. Some others that benefited blacks:

-Lowest Unemployment rate in 3 decades.
-Lowest poverty rate since 79.
-Improved access to family child care and assistance.

Here’s a huge list:

http://home.att.net/%7Ejrhsc/jobwelldone.html

As for your politician comment, I think that’s a fucked up way of looking at it. There are many Black politicians that are not uncle toms. But they never make it to the point that people like Barack Obama do. The only reason Barack Obama has made it this far because he lacks some of the most essential qualities of the Black psyche. He isn’t promoting any real change, and I refuse to vote for him simply because he’s Black. How Black are his politics?

Yes, I noticed he is isolationist but seriously, this War on Drugs is against the poor people, period. Don't start that crap again. I wouldn't vote for someone who doesn't know how to handle foreign affairs... it may have been something minor in the past (like his insignificant allusion to Washington and Jefferson) but in these times we need a president, an administration that knows it's shit. We're in too deep.

13% of all drug users are Black, yet 38% of those arrested for nonviolent drug offenses and 59% of those convicted on nonviolent drug offenses are Black. 74% of those sent to prison on nonviolent drug offenses are Black.

After watching that video juice I'm with the last two, obama and dennis. I've seen John Edwards talking about equality for african americans but shit when I heard obama say we made plenty advances since slavery, he was on point and when he said not just for african americans but for everybody.... he hit it right on the fucking nail, Juice is a prime example, this guy is probably the most educated dude on here and he's BLACK, and shit I ain't gonna go around talkin about people life's so but I wouldn't bet money that he had it good his whole life. I know plenty of creoles and latinos who have it worse than black people living in desire projects slangin dope makin crack from coke and baking soda then hit the corner with it stupid ass idiots,. So I thought Obama has this topic on lock... then I heard dennis, now dennis basically just changed the subject but I liked what I was hearing regardless, fuck tests... I made better grades on worksheets and looking in the back of the textbook for answers than what I did on tests... lol, not really I fucking slept through class and aced those tests but failed the regular assaignments because I knew the material already, don't blame me blame the boring ass ex-college proffesor ol monotone decaf coffee drinkin ass nigga. But seriously I need some enlightenment on some of the key runners so I can figure my vote.
I'll use a Malcolm X quote to demonstrate my viewpoint here: "If you stick a knife in my back nine inches and pull it out six inches, that's not progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress comes from healing the wound that the blow made, and they won't even admit the knife is there."

The way I see it, they all practically said the same thing. Dennis Kucinich however, said it like he really believed in it, he said it with a passion. I particularly like this quote from him: "We tell them to 'pick yourself up by your own boot straps', and then we steal the boots." John Edwards was spot on as well, and it sounds like he's experienced it himself. Barack Obama said it well, this is one of those speeches from him that I like, but I think both of the white boys said it better then him, which is kind of ironic.

Think about that for a second. Is Barack Obama promoting any radical change? There is no way, I repeat, NO WAY, Obama is going to fight the current system and replace it with a more equitable system. Barack Obama is no Malcolm X, he isn't promoting any real change. He's still a trained politician who must walk a fine line between real social change or the end of his political career.
Juice
QUOTE(BAINGOD @ Jul 14 2007, 11:12 AM) [snapback]1346214[/snapback]
Yeah, true.

I think they mentioned that on John Stewart, and he actually was on the Colbert Report or something like that a while ago.

Then I did like what his position are and what he said.

Its sad that good candidates get not publicity because its all about money.

Mmhmm.

Ron Paul is perplexing. I am still trying to get a read on him myself.

I mean, he is a republican - a republican from Texas. My gut tells me that can't be good.

But, he voted against both the Patriot Act and the Iraq war. That is is a very good thing. Even more impressive, he has taken a non-ambivalent stand against going to war with Iran. Hillary, Edwards, and Biden all voted for the Patriot Act. Which tells me that, irregardless of what sort of encouraging rhetoric they might from time to time put out, they can not be trusted to do the right thing when we really need them to.

Qdeathstar

QUOTE(DeKo @ Jul 14 2007, 10:47 AM) [snapback]1346174[/snapback]
Qdeath, on a GTA forum, you said you would vote hilary?

Only if McCain didn't get the nomination and Hillary did, because i don't like any of the other republican canditates.. Because

Hardcore Ottoman
QUOTE(Juice @ Jul 14 2007, 04:10 PM) [snapback]1346270[/snapback]
QUOTE(ɹʇxund @ Jul 14 2007, 11:58 AM) [snapback]1346236[/snapback]

Here’s a list of things I want from my president:
-Education reform
-Health Care reform
-An end to the War on Drugs. I do not want drugs legalized, but we have to try something new.
-Withdrawal from those ‘trade agreements’ which set up the system in such a way that the raw material cost nothing and the after-product cost everything. The raw material is in the poor countries, and the after-product is a highly subsidized, highly priced caricature of what it should be. Another way of fucking over Africa.
-A repeal of the USA Patriot Act.
-Massive job growth in low income areas.
-Those are my realistic wishes, but I also have unrealistic wishes that I won’t list here.
I like those demands. I'm more in tune with you than I thought. I, myself, am a white who does not see things immediately black and white or by race so I have no racial leanings on most of everything. When I look at a situation I usually go for the deeper understanding which is why I don't think everything comes down to race. To me it's much deeper than that. I figure that it's not smart to simplify the complex and I would hope you would agree with me. Same goes to complicating something simple.

And besides that, there is nothing wrong with preferring one candidate over another based on how his politics will affect you and your people.
None at all. Desperate men--candidates--wouldn't go for just blacks, though, if they wanted a majority of the votes to win.

As for your politician comment, I think that’s a fucked up way of looking at it. There are many Black politicians that are not uncle toms. But they never make it to the point that people like Barack Obama do. The only reason Barack Obama has made it this far because he lacks some of the most essential qualities of the Black psyche. He isn’t promoting any real change, and I refuse to vote for him simply because he’s Black. How Black are his politics?
I just see it as fucked up myself. Mainly because I do not know Obama's platform well enough. The thing with Obama that I see is that he is new, and he has not yet fully made up his mind maturely about what he believes in--he is being molded by his party and people and not thinking fully for himself as much as other more experienced politicians. Voting for him would take a lot of faith, he's new and we don't have any example in his budding career of how he handles himself; that is something the people might not go for.

I'll use a Malcolm X quote to demonstrate my viewpoint here: "If you stick a knife in my back nine inches and pull it out six inches, that's not progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress comes from healing the wound that the blow made, and they won't even admit the knife is there."
That is a nice metaphor, but what do you do to the random white kid who accidentally walks in days later after the wound has already healed? Does the blindfolded black man yell at the white kid because he did not see who stabbed him? Is the black man justified to yell at that innocent white kid... after he knows the white kid did not do it?

You might not believe it, but in prevalent parts of suburbia there are white people that would crucify a racist one of their own that did wrong to a Hispanic or black kid.

Think about that for a second. Is Barack Obama promoting any radical change? There is no way, I repeat, NO WAY, Obama is going to fight the current system and replace it with a more equitable system. Barack Obama is no Malcolm X, he isn't promoting any real change. He's still a trained politician who must walk a fine line between real social change or the end of his political career.

Sad But True - Metallica
Koala-Fire
QUOTE(Juice @ Jul 14 2007, 08:10 PM) [snapback]1346270[/snapback]

The way I see it, they all practically said the same thing. Dennis Kucinich however, said it like he really believed in it, he said it with a passion. I particularly like this quote from him: "We tell them to 'pick yourself up by your own boot straps', and then we steal the boots." John Edwards was spot on as well, and it sounds like he's experienced it himself. Barack Obama said it well, this is one of those speeches from him that I like, but I think both of the white boys said it better then him, which is kind of ironic.

Yes they did pretty much say the same shit while the first guy was only interested in blacks like blacks are the only ignorant people, shit I was thinking... my shit is good enough as it is white people pay extra respect to blacks nowadays... fix these ignorant ass rednecks, hondurans, and creoles... blacks might be majority of the ones using guns and selling drugs, but who is their drug connect? Who do they get their D from when they wanna cook crack? Who comes in from the docks givin these hondurans and creoles AK's with 100 round drum on it and sell it to the blacks and get rich as fuck off that and D, because they were raised around it???? c'mon turn around these ignorant fucks supplying the shit and everybody will have to find better means of living.
gingergenius
I don't know enough about the candidates. But probably Clinton. America needs someone anti-war, and I think Obama is too gimicky.
Hardcore Ottoman
So is Clinton. She used her senate seat, husband, and anything else to propel herself to popularity.

I read once that Rosie O'Donell originally respected her for not divorcing Bill during the presidency but lost all respect for her when it was over and she still didn't file any papers. She just wants to be president; that is all.
gingergenius
QUOTE(Evolution Se7en @ Jul 15 2007, 04:40 PM) [snapback]1346617[/snapback]
So is Clinton. She used her senate seat, husband, and anything else to propel herself to popularity.

I read once that Rosie O'Donell originally respected her for not divorcing Bill during the presidency but lost all respect for her when it was over and she still didn't file any papers. She just wants to be president; that is all.

Fair point. For once I won't get argumentative on this. Fuck it, I'm a Brit anyway, all I want for America is someone who is anti-war, pro-green and pro-3rd world. Ie. a big fucking change from mr Bush.
Bain
Hilary is so fucking fake, now that shes running for the presidency, all I hear every time I see her is about her religious life.

Complete horseshit. True, its horseshit because, fuck religion, false, its horseshit because its fake and lies. Either way, fuck her. I would of cheated too.
Qdeathstar
I'm hoping she'll just be a puppet though, Bain.
Bain
Me too if she is elected.
Also, I havent heard much from McCain around these liberal parts, seriously.
Liquid Punk
I'm not from the US, but I think that the race will come down to Obama/Clinton as the Republicans look like being ousted; the midwestern states will probably prefer a woman over a mixed race man, giving Clinton a boost. Obama however is a much better speaker than Hilary Clinton, but not as good as Bill Clinton IMO.
Hardcore Ottoman
Obama is pulling in religious propaganda as well... I said it the day I heard about them: this election is going to be whether you want a black, female, mexican, italian, or white in office--jew too (isn't Romney?). At least that is what the undereducated populace will vote for; the easy-swayers.
Bain
I just looked at the poll and shit myself, how could so many people be stupid enough to vote Obama?

Whether or not he does an amazing job as president if he does win, the fact remains hes done absolutely nothing amazing right now and people are stupid enough to vote on what he looks like and says.

This is why people, and I, hate America.

I swear to fucking God, I want to move out of this country by the time Im 25.
Qdeathstar
where you gonna go Bain?
Un-Amurikan Bastage
I nulled my vote :\

When you're considering not voting the first year you're able to, something is wrong. I don't know much about any of these guys, but what I do know makes me not want to choose any of them.

I too, am leaving this damned country at some point. People say that path is ignoble because you can stay and try to fix it rather than give up on it, but that's impossible when the people as a whole are too fucking stupid to give any chance to the people who can fix it, and ignorantly vote for a Democrat or a Republican.
coreyko_2003
To be honest I have no idea who I'd go for...I've heard of about 5 on that list and still dont know who would be best suited.
Hardcore Ottoman
QUOTE(Un-Amurikan Bastage @ Jul 18 2007, 07:07 AM) [snapback]1347282[/snapback]
I nulled my vote :\

When you're considering not voting the first year you're able to, something is wrong with the electoral system and elections in the first place.

fixed

Believe it more than not, the elctoral system acutally prevents any one side from ever gaining a complete authority but the problem is the two-party system and the mediocrity it furnishes.

For those that voted Obama and Clinton without even posting, you are idiots. Explain to me this idiocracy; your choice.
Bain
QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Jul 18 2007, 12:27 AM) [snapback]1347241[/snapback]
where you gonna go Bain?

Do you really want to know where a person like me would go, or are you just fishing for some info to insult me about?
オタク
Barrack Obama.

He is a very bright and intelligent individual I think he can offer something and bring something to the white house that we haven't seen. I also like his immigration policy that he gave.
Koala-Fire
i voted for obama.... da fuck up

he can bring something to the table, he's very open minded too, but really fuck the school testing that's why Louisiana has such low test scores, they do all the work in class and they take the test and be like fuck it this shit is boring as hell so I'll just bubble in random answers so I can finish faster and get some sleep.
Kamahl
im not american but i really hope Obama wins, really... i've read some stuff about him and i like his ideas.
0bs3n3
Although I am not American: I voted Giuliani, I am tossing up between McCain and Giuliani but for now I am with Rudy. This poll looks bleak for the Republicans, they better sort themselves out. I hate those dems...
Juice
I was watching the CNN YouTube debate earlier last week, in which they asked the candidates questions which were sent in by voters via youtube, and an interesting question came up. A young Black male asked the candidates if they would send out reparations, not necessarily in the form of cash payoffs, for the many years of free labor that Blacks have not seen the benefit of to this date, and interestingly enough, Dennis Kucinich was the only one who raised his hand.
Bain
Not that I am for or against it, but think about this:

How can the organization, calculation, and the simple logistics of reparations work?

Who knows who was a slave, for how long, how many will cheat the system, how many wont get paid who deserve it.................
Juice
Compensation can never come in the form of simple money payoffs either individually or collectively. That would never work. Not only because of the logistics, but because it would be useless in it's purpose, it would go a bit like how Dave Chapelle explained it in his skit. Reparations in the form of change, change to the garbage educational system, change to the class system, change to the brutal destruction of human lives, human cultures and human possibilities. That's the only form of reparations I can think of that would work their purpose.
Bain
Yeah but that would require the upper class to give...............
Hardcore Ottoman
And we all know the upper class will never give, and when they are criticized they treat all attacks with the whole "no free giveaways"/Gospel of Wealth/"only to aid--not for dependence" bullspit. Valid in some ways, but it's just a way to keep your money as well as your image--damn rhetoric...
Juice
The more I learn about Obama, the more I learn that he is more white than he is black. On the CNN youtube debate he began pointing out some Blacks who've 'made it', to allege that nothing stands in the way of anyone in America, that everyone is equal and has an equal chance to succeed. This is propaganda. This is deceptive. And nobody should be fooled by it.

Matter of fact, he's made it clear he doesn't want to be identified as being a Black man. Yet he wants to get on his soap box and ridicule Black men. I hate the fact the the first serious Black presidential candidate is more of a sellout than a real opportunity for advancement of Black friendly agendas. We have a big problem right now, and that is the gullibility and flat out ignorance of most of the Black voters in America, about 60% of them who are gonna blindly vote for this dude.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.