Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Board Display Settings
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Important Information > Website & Forum Discussion
Mekstizzle
So if you look at this, you'll see that you can change the settings for images. I was wondering if it's possible to have that setting for YouTube videos too? So like, i could block them...like i would be able to block images/sigs if i wanted too.

It would make things easier especially since it takes ages to load up pages when members spam YouTube videos all over the place (even though i have 8MB internet)

So, yeah....can we get the choice of blocking them?
Himsa
Use Flashblock, you baby.
Mekstizzle
But I only want to block YouTube videos on forums, not the entire universe. mad.gif
Heartless
There's something other then YouTube in the universe?!? Blasphemy.
Zacko
They don't start loading till you press play though do they?

I, for one welcome our new YouTube overlords.
Mekstizzle
Yeah but it's still annoying loading up that initial box thing.
Heartless
My computer doesn't have a problem with it, but then again, using my Mac on this forum is like doing Elgin Marbles with a sledgehammer.
Nanook
At the moment it's not possible because of the way the YouTube videos are added, it's not an IPB feature, its just a quick script hack, you can use adblock (google it) and block the youtube domain though if you're desperate.
FuddMan
Fixed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.