Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fort Carson Mysteries & the Invisible Police Helicopter
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA Old Gen > GTA 3D > Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Pages: 1, 2
§ynch
Fort Carson, located on the western shore of Bone County, Las Venturas, parallel to the western Tierra Robada peninsula,
while ignored by many, has always held my fascination for non-storyline exploration. This is in fact, a very special place.
We paid $50 for this game, so explore everything, including this.

I frequently conduct 6-star battles at the north end of the tunnel, where the invisible cop chopper lives.
First, some background details about Fort Carson and it's normal, as well as it's strange features.
It appears to be, just another town in Bone County........

The safe house features a multi-vehicle saving garage, while appearing to be a 1-vehicle garage.
*The safe house dock is conveniently located a swim away from Mike Toreno's stash of heavy weaponry.
(The fastest boat, the 'Speeder', spawns at the Fort Carson safe house dock for free, as well.)
*If you collect the cars from GTA:VC, the Fort Carson Medical Center usually spawns the Hearse.
There's many other medical facilities/mortuaries in SA, but Fort Carson usually delivers. Ambulance is 100% always there as well.
*Close to the Big Ear, where the SandKing & NV Goggles spawn, as well as the shortest Free-Jump Antenna is. (splat!)
*Home to the weird pedestrians, mentioned on this forum; the trenchcoat cowboy, the "John Redcorn" (King of the Hill)
Native American type guy, the well-endowed country girl...all of which have hilarious dialogues, classic stuff.
*Nice molotov spawn behind the 24-7. One of the only spawns here other than the Desert Eagle at the Lil Probe Inn trailer park.
*An abandoned drive-in theatre, how unique....a bribe bearby, regular shotgun spawn in nearby trailer park.
*Law is VERY slow to rise, on a 1-star, which quickly dissappears, and even a 2-star, you can stand there for a long time.
*Insubstantial plane in downtown, a wall you can walk through. Hollow building up the street from the 24-7. Not invisible to cops, though.
*The Beagle that spawns, with a wing inside a house. Usually blows up upon going near it, much less trying to pilot the vehicle.
*The very famous Cluckin' Bell and 24-7 are closed at night. The hours are roughly, open from 6AM to Midnight.
24-7 is closed by 22:00 hours. The Cluckin' Bell yellow arrow dissappears promptly at 00:00........
*Thankfully, there's a Sprunk machine (Health Replenish) at a hotel, main road running east-west. (West of the Cluckin' Bell)
*The only armor in this town can be found at Ammu-Nation, which strangely has unique-jump ramp physics on it's foundation.
(This has been one of my favorite stunting grounds since finding it in 2004. Jump the Ammu-Nation building.)
*The traffic goes past Ammu-Nation, and the surrounding loop, at an alarming speed. That part is normal.
This is where I first encountered the not-normal speed-glitch, where uncommonly high vehicle speeds
ruin the game for any driving, anywhere in San Andreas. This is where I found the high-speed glitch. Solution unknown.
No cheats, no glitches, etc. were used. The problem was asked on this and many boards. Still to this day, solution unknown.
The save which has the speed glitch must be deleted. Otherwise from nowhere, cars end up inside other vehicles, at insect speed.
MUCH faster than the fastest pile-up on the LV Freeway. Like a program is running on top of another program. Or under it.
They are not there then >bang< 2+more cars mating like insects. One on top of another instantly. It is a horrible glitch. Happens all
over San Andreas but thought to be the result of so much high-speed NRG, and NOS-sportscar stunting, originating in Fort Carson.

*This town features a convenient underground tunnel, directly behind the safe house, with a police bribe.
This is only, the beginning of this study. The tunnel leads to a ledge, and that ledge eventually goes up to the road.
While on the ledge, no vehicles usually come down there. There is where the invisible cop chopper lives during a 6-star.
It's rotors can be seen occasionally, and it can be targeted intermittently with the HSRPG, but only inside the wall of the hill.
It's radio operator, and rotor sound, can be heard audibly, the entire time of it's presence. Running back and forth
inside and out the tunnel exit may get it to appear, but it is difficult. Once in the tunnel, it's lights may shine.
Once out on the ledge, it's lights may shine. But there is no helicopter. It has to "re-emerge" physically, for it to be shot down.

Fort Carson Mysteries
Why is the Beagle spawned with a wing in the house?
Why is the Cluckin' Bell and 24-7 only open during the day?
Why is the cop chopper stuck in the wall of the hill over the tunnel?
Why are the cops so slow to respond????????? <--In LS they would be all over CJ in a second.
Dude, what's up with the Drive-In. I saw it featured in a stunt video once, but other than that.....

From standing on the ledge over the water, I have also found out how to kill the Rhinos that collect
up ahead at the road rail. RPG the wall, totally engulf that wall in flames, that burns them up.
I spent a Saturday once, a few years ago, blowing up Rhinos, where anyone I knew who played SA,
said that Rhinos could not be blown up other than with Molotovs. Dude, just engulf the wall with flames,
by whatever means. Fire is fire, and that takes out the Rhinos, when the choppers are not incoming.
Pelt that motherfucking wall with fire, use your infinite molotovs, or just RPG it , just under the railing,
where you see the Rhino's turret sticking out, set that area on fire. It blows up the tanks eventually.
Faster then you'd think actually, waiting for the helicopters which take forever to show up.....
I think this may be BECAUSE there is a helicopter allready there! The one that can't get out of the mountain!
This is the invisible police helicopter. You can hear it, and you can only see it intermitently through the RPG sensor,
but you cannot see it physically, it is stuck somewhere inside the ground, and the wall, of the north end of the tunnel.
The part that is the ledge, you just can't isolate it, and it won't come out, usually, until it dissappears, then after a sand storm.....

The police helicopters will not come during an LV sand/dust storm, as many 6-star wanted level veterans here know.

But the invisible chopper.....that is not seen anywhere else in San Andreas.
You can hear him, partially see him, but he is no danger....and you can't kill him,
until he somehow re-emerges. If at all. The underwater graveyard of the Back o Beyond creek w/bribe....
cannot compare to this. There, you can see the cop choppers, and then they go down.
Under the water that is the thing there....here, is the under the mountain thing. You can't see him, but you can hear him.

You can target and shoot down countless helicopters that approach at the FC ledge, but not the invisible one.
It's like he spawns inside the hill over the tunnel. That is something that has haunted me about SA since 2004.

So what do YOU think about Fort Carson, other than having to buy the property for 100% completion,
or landing there with a parachute? Spent any time there? Discovered any of these things, or studied FC for any length of time?

There will always be Hints N Finds in places like Fort Carson, LV.

JoelManiac
Sorry is fort carson the place near area 69.
§ynch
QUOTE(!!Drifta!! @ Jun 24 2007, 01:44 AM) [snapback]1339528[/snapback]
Sorry is fort carson the place near area 69.
Very near to Area 69.

It is the town where the road to Area 69 starts, south of the RR tracks.

JoelManiac
Yer the place fort carson has lots of things happening in it. I have noticed it since i got sa in feb 05
HeadCrab
What is the underwater graveyard?
§ynch
QUOTE(Tripplethreat @ Jun 25 2007, 09:43 AM) [snapback]1339854[/snapback]
It's in Shady Creek, near Back O Beyond. It is only the underwater graveyard
during a 6-star out there, the choppers frequently "come back to life" after being shot down.
You have to make it happen, it's not there from the beginning of the game or anything,
just another freaky thing me and my bro's noticed back in 2004 or 05.
The strange thing here the creek water is very shallow, so seeing all the choppers you shot down
still spawning underwater is not seen every day, in every country 6-star battle.
There are certain areas arround there where it worked better than others. Shady Creek
is the general vacinity, see attached map detail. Near the bribe.....

The same thing will occur right at the base of the tunnel, by your FC Speeder boat.
A helicopter that has been shot down, continues to have it's rotors fire up.
6 shooter
QUOTE(§ynchronizer @ Jun 24 2007, 10:04 AM) [snapback]1339526[/snapback]
*This town features a convenient underground tunnel, directly behind the safe house, with a police bribe.

Erm...do you have a screenshot of the tunnel? I have uninstalled my game and can't check what seems so very interesting...
killjoy.rujoy?
I posted this to the big secret thread a long time ago.I admitted I lifted it then 'cause of laziness.I didn't remember from who though,and I still don't rolleyes.gif
The tunnel entrances are among the rocks at the waters edge.
§ynch
QUOTE(killjoy.rujoy? @ Jun 26 2007, 06:02 AM) [snapback]1340104[/snapback]
I posted this to the big secret thread a long time ago.I admitted I lifted it then 'cause of laziness.I didn't remember from who though,and I still don't rolleyes.gif
The tunnel entrances are among the rocks at the waters edge.

Yes, and easy access running back to the safe house, from the tunnel.

The invisible chopper lives at the north end, that's where it all gets weird.
Still can get 40-50 choppers down, on a 6-star. CJ is basically un-touchable there. (Look up!)
Ex-PS Fanboy
maybe fort carson is the place to look for the big secret?
HeadCrab
Also don't forget that in fort carson the big ear moves to different directions. But I really didn't go there often, simply because the garage there can't save any cars. For some reason any car I put in there will dissapear.
Koala-Fire
never noticed that cluck n bell wasn't open during the night maybe your game is fucked up iono i never had that problem
JoelManiac
My big ear does not move. I tried it yesterday what version do you have
HeadCrab
First version PS2. It only works if you start a game, go there, check direction, then start another game over that old slot, go there and check again. Sometimes it takes awhile. Keep in mind I only tested this after completing the game each time, so you might have to do that.
§ynch
QUOTE(Tripplethreat @ Jun 26 2007, 07:04 PM) [snapback]1340313[/snapback]
First version PS2. It only works if you start a game, go there, check direction, then start another game over that old slot, go there and check again. Sometimes it takes awhile. Keep in mind I only tested this after completing the game each time, so you might have to do that.

Agreed. Same here, first edition PS2. The Big Ear changes position. Thanks for that which I left out.

I have 3 different SA memory cards, with two seperate 100% game saves on each.

All of the FC details mentioned here follow the game.
So to answer the other question is my game fucked, I highly doubt it.
So many others have verified most the findings, as well.
killjoy.rujoy?
QUOTE(§ynchronizer @ Jun 27 2007, 04:31 PM) [snapback]1340513[/snapback]

How do you manage to get more than 1 save on a memory card for SA or any game.I can do it with an ARmax , but after a major corruption with that thing...never again. mad.gif

Can you do this when copying...I'm only familiar with the overwriting of the previous save.Leaving only 1 game save block per game...I know you're out there! rolleyes.gif
§ynch
QUOTE(killjoy.rujoy? @ Jun 27 2007, 03:28 PM) [snapback]1340764[/snapback]
QUOTE(§ynchronizer @ Jun 27 2007, 04:31 PM) [snapback]1340513[/snapback]

How do you manage to get more than 1 save on a memory card for SA or any game.I can do it with an ARmax , but after a major corruption with that thing...never again. mad.gif

Can you do this when copying...I'm only familiar with the overwriting of the previous save.Leaving only 1 game save block per game...I know you're out there! rolleyes.gif

I haven't done the copy yet. Should probably do some of that for backups......
Also, I don't have a bunch of saves on these cards to re-do missions, etc.

New PS2 memory card, October 2004: First 100% game saved "End of the Line".....
Started a 2nd game on same PS2 memory card, in 2005.
Now that card has two seperate game saves, dated differently of course. Both are called "End of the Line".

Third 100% game was started on a new card. 4th added to that card in same way.

5th was started on a new card, and I just finished the 6th on that 3rd PS2 memory card.

I only have SA saved on those cards, no other games.

killjoy.rujoy?
Ahhh! I get ya now! smile.gif It's really 1 game save with 2 of the 8 slots at 100%.So you could actually have 8 different games saved in the SA block. I was thinking like the ARMax where you could actually put more than 1 block for the same game on a card...eg. you would show 2 SA icons on the card labelled 1 or 2,a or b,or whatever. I now feel simple laugh.gif ...duh,what day is it.It must be nite 'cause I can't see.No wait my eyes are closed.So if they're closed,I must be sleeping,so it must be nite.It's no day at all! rolleyes.gif
§ynch
QUOTE(killjoy.rujoy? @ Jun 28 2007, 06:51 PM) [snapback]1341165[/snapback]
Ahhh! I get ya now! smile.gif It's really 1 game save with 2 of the 8 slots at 100%.So you could actually have 8 different games saved in the SA block. I was thinking like the ARMax where you could actually put more than 1 block for the same game on a card...eg. you would show 2 SA icons on the card labelled 1 or 2,a or b,or whatever. I now feel simple laugh.gif ...duh,what day is it.It must be nite 'cause I can't see.No wait my eyes are closed.So if they're closed,I must be sleeping,so it must be nite.It's no day at all! rolleyes.gif

Yeah it's really simple mang.
Play game - save game.

Unlike other games, for SA I use their own dedicated memory cards.
I only have six seperate games on three cards.
b1b23
Very interesting finds!
FireGod
QUOTE(§ynchronizer @ Jun 24 2007, 08:04 AM) [snapback]1339526[/snapback]
Fort Carson, located on the western shore of Bone County, Las Venturas, parallel to the western Tierra Robada peninsula,
while ignored by many, has always held my fascination for non-storyline exploration. This is in fact, a very special place.
We paid $50 for this game, so explore everything, including this.

I frequently conduct 6-star battles at the north end of the tunnel, where the invisible cop chopper lives.
First, some background details about Fort Carson and it's normal, as well as it's strange features.
It appears to be, just another town in Bone County........

The safe house features a multi-vehicle saving garage, while appearing to be a 1-vehicle garage.
*The safe house dock is conveniently located a swim away from Mike Toreno's stash of heavy weaponry.
(The fastest boat, the 'Speeder', spawns at the Fort Carson safe house dock for free, as well.)
*If you collect the cars from GTA:VC, the Fort Carson Medical Center usually spawns the Hearse.
There's many other medical facilities/mortuaries in SA, but Fort Carson usually delivers. Ambulance is 100% always there as well.
*Close to the Big Ear, where the SandKing & NV Goggles spawn, as well as the shortest Free-Jump Antenna is. (splat!)
*Home to the weird pedestrians, mentioned on this forum; the trenchcoat cowboy, the "John Redcorn" (King of the Hill)
Native American type guy, the well-endowed country girl...all of which have hilarious dialogues, classic stuff.
*Nice molotov spawn behind the 24-7. One of the only spawns here other than the Desert Eagle at the Lil Probe Inn trailer park.
*An abandoned drive-in theatre, how unique....a bribe bearby, regular shotgun spawn in nearby trailer park.
*Law is VERY slow to rise, on a 1-star, which quickly dissappears, and even a 2-star, you can stand there for a long time.
*Insubstantial plane in downtown, a wall you can walk through. Hollow building up the street from the 24-7. Not invisible to cops, though.
*The Beagle that spawns, with a wing inside a house. Usually blows up upon going near it, much less trying to pilot the vehicle.
*The very famous Cluckin' Bell and 24-7 are closed at night. The hours are roughly, open from 6AM to Midnight.
24-7 is closed by 22:00 hours. The Cluckin' Bell yellow arrow dissappears promptly at 00:00........
*Thankfully, there's a Sprunk machine (Health Replenish) at a hotel, main road running east-west. (West of the Cluckin' Bell)
*The only armor in this town can be found at Ammu-Nation, which strangely has unique-jump ramp physics on it's foundation.
(This has been one of my favorite stunting grounds since finding it in 2004. Jump the Ammu-Nation building.)
*The traffic goes past Ammu-Nation, and the surrounding loop, at an alarming speed. That part is normal.
This is where I first encountered the not-normal speed-glitch, where uncommonly high vehicle speeds
ruin the game for any driving, anywhere in San Andreas. This is where I found the high-speed glitch. Solution unknown.
No cheats, no glitches, etc. were used. The problem was asked on this and many boards. Still to this day, solution unknown.
The save which has the speed glitch must be deleted. Otherwise from nowhere, cars end up inside other vehicles, at insect speed.
MUCH faster than the fastest pile-up on the LV Freeway. Like a program is running on top of another program. Or under it.
They are not there then >bang< 2+more cars mating like insects. One on top of another instantly. It is a horrible glitch. Happens all
over San Andreas but thought to be the result of so much high-speed NRG, and NOS-sportscar stunting, originating in Fort Carson.

This is only, the beginning of this study. The tunnel leads to a ledge, and that ledge eventually goes up to the road.
While on the ledge, no vehicles usually come down there. There is where the invisible cop chopper lives during a 6-star.
It's rotors can be seen occasionally, and it can be targeted intermittently with the HSRPG, but only inside the wall of the hill.
It's radio operator, and rotor sound, can be heard audibly, the entire time of it's presence. Running back and forth
inside and out the tunnel exit may get it to appear, but it is difficult. Once in the tunnel, it's lights may shine.
Once out on the ledge, it's lights may shine. But there is no helicopter. It has to "re-emerge" physically, for it to be shot down.

Fort Carson Mysteries
Why is the Beagle spawned with a wing in the house?
Why is the Cluckin' Bell and 24-7 only open during the day?
Why is the cop chopper stuck in the wall of the hill over the tunnel?
Why are the cops so slow to respond????????? <--In LS they would be all over CJ in a second.
Dude, what's up with the Drive-In. I saw it featured in a stunt video once, but other than that.....

From standing on the ledge over the water, I have also found out how to kill the Rhinos that collect
up ahead at the road rail. RPG the wall, totally engulf that wall in flames, that burns them up.
I spent a Saturday once, a few years ago, blowing up Rhinos, where anyone I knew who played SA,
said that Rhinos could not be blown up other than with Molotovs. Dude, just engulf the wall with flames,
by whatever means. Fire is fire, and that takes out the Rhinos, when the choppers are not incoming.
Pelt that motherfucking wall with fire, use your infinite molotovs, or just RPG it , just under the railing,
where you see the Rhino's turret sticking out, set that area on fire. It blows up the tanks eventually.
Faster then you'd think actually, waiting for the helicopters which take forever to show up.....
I think this may be BECAUSE there is a helicopter allready there! The one that can't get out of the mountain!
This is the invisible police helicopter. You can hear it, and you can only see it intermitently through the RPG sensor,
but you cannot see it physically, it is stuck somewhere inside the ground, and the wall, of the north end of the tunnel.
The part that is the ledge, you just can't isolate it, and it won't come out, usually, until it dissappears, then after a sand storm.....

The police helicopters will not come during an LV sand/dust storm, as many 6-star wanted level veterans here know.

But the invisible chopper.....that is not seen anywhere else in San Andreas.
You can hear him, partially see him, but he is no danger....and you can't kill him,
until he somehow re-emerges. If at all. The underwater graveyard of the Back o Beyond creek w/bribe....
cannot compare to this. There, you can see the cop choppers, and then they go down.
Under the water that is the thing there....here, is the under the mountain thing. You can't see him, but you can hear him.

You can target and shoot down countless helicopters that approach at the FC ledge, but not the invisible one.
It's like he spawns inside the hill over the tunnel. That is something that has haunted me about SA since 2004.

So what do YOU think about Fort Carson, other than having to buy the property for 100% completion,
or landing there with a parachute? Spent any time there? Discovered any of these things, or studied FC for any length of time?

There will always be Hints N Finds in places like Fort Carson, LV.

This is interesting , because I have notice highly thay I am drawn to the FC area! Exactly for the reasons you have posted.
This is great news to me , as I thought of the garage , at the save house in FC... it is very strange indeed.
, I found that you can fight from in there , an the interior has a strange effect. Have you checked this out? the west wall has a strange effect.
The cops wont come in ,but if your to close to the wall , they can grab you of your bike. Can you give me any more details about this garage? I'm a FC fan ...I guess , lmao

oh btw...one other thing that is buggin me , the PD chopper on the Pershing Bldg. At what stage of the game does it spawn there ? Thats been a mystery to me sense 04 tongue.gif
JoelManiac
Do you mean by fight in there. You punch someone to get them to follow you into the garage then fight them and the wall has the effect.
Daniel3080
You know it's strange that all the intersting things happen in such an ugly village...
§ynch
QUOTE(FireGod @ Jul 11 2007, 09:23 PM) [snapback]1345213[/snapback]
while ignored by many, has always held my fascination for non-storyline exploration.........

This is interesting , because I have notice highly thay I am drawn to the FC area! Exactly for the reasons you have posted.
This is great news to me , as I thought of the garage , at the save house in FC... it is very strange indeed.
, I found that you can fight from in there , an the interior has a strange effect. Have you checked this out? the west wall has a strange effect.
The cops wont come in ,but if your to close to the wall , they can grab you of your bike. Can you give me any more details about this garage? I'm a FC fan ...I guess , lmao

Exactly. I have fought during a 6-star from inside the garage, but in FC I like the ledge at the end of the tunnel.
The Hashbury garage has almost the same features as the FC garage, not only will the cops not come in, but if you have
no vehicles, you can live on molotovs forever. A few times Rhinos will drive straight into the garage, as they will also
mow CJ down inside the tunnel, but it is very rare. The FBI Ranchers and Police vans are usually circling,
just like in the old GTA: Vice City. By the way this is in reality an old GTA:III and VC trick I use to find that stuff out.
GTA:III, fight from the garage in Staunton, while in VC use Hyman Condo garages.
That is just garage theory, while there are plenty of other places within safe house, OR on the run in a vehicle.
Sounds like you are basically finding the same things, many features follow from game to game. I think the FC garage
is one of those followers, you can fight until forever inside there. Same with Hashbury garage.
I haven't pinpointed the actual Western wall of the garage, but I will see how it effects the camera angle, and cop spawns.

(Here's another for you: The Pilgrim Apartment ledge. Get past the yellow arrow, up onto the covered area.
See the line going across the concrete? Over it, street forces can hit you with gunfire, behind it, they can't.
CJ can still shoot them though, and again, molotovs are your friend. I don't like this spot that much because
the choppers cannot get to CJ, so it is limited but a game barrier exists there on the Pilgrim Apartment porch upstairs, covered section.)

oh btw...one other thing that is buggin me , the PD chopper on the Pershing Bldg.
At what stage of the game does it spawn there ? Thats been a mystery to me sense 04 tongue.gif

I noticed this on my last play-through, because it is close to Ganton. It begins to spawn when
aircraft is legally available. Get your pilots license as soon as possible. Most of us jump the fence
at Los Santos Airport early to get flight experience. Also we rip through flight school the first time,
just to get the license. By that stage in the game you should have found the Sea Sparrow that
ALWAYS spawns north of Verdant Meadows, out by the truck and transmitter/reciever.
Use that to fly back to Pershing Square and check for the LSPD chopper.
Usually driving by in a car, bike, etc....it won't spawn until all 3 areas are unlocked, and
CJ has a Pilot's License. When using the Sea Sparrow, or the regular Sparrow from
Madd Dogg's roof, the LSPD chopper will always be there. Use anything else, it is as random
as searching for any regularly spawning vehicle. Gotta have one though, just to play with the searchlight. smile.gif
Piranha
This is awesome. Thanks. Was fartin around in FC last night. God, this game is TIMELESS! smile.gif
§ynch
QUOTE(Piranha @ Jul 13 2007, 10:49 AM) [snapback]1345780[/snapback]
This is awesome. Thanks.
Yes it is, and you're welcome. smile.gif

With all the redundant, ridiculous, and bullshit threads in "Hints & Finds", this thread DEFINITELY should be pinned.

Then again, I am an explorer, and don't expect this kind of thing in a common/talk type of forum, to get pinned/stuck.

As long as people learn from it, I am totally cool to keep helping out on it, non-stuck/pinned.
FireGod
QUOTE(§ynchronizer @ Jul 12 2007, 05:46 PM) [snapback]1345317[/snapback]
while ignored by many, has always held my fascination for non-storyline exploration.........

Exactly. I have fought during a 6-star from inside the garage, but in FC I like the ledge at the end of the tunnel.
The Hashbury garage has almost the same features as the FC garage, not only will the cops not come in, but if you have
no vehicles, you can live on molotovs forever. A few times Rhinos will drive straight into the garage, as they will also
mow CJ down inside the tunnel, but it is very rare. The FBI Ranchers and Police vans are usually circling,
just like in the old GTA: Vice City. By the way this is in reality an old GTA:III and VC trick I use to find that stuff out.
GTA:III, fight from the garage in Staunton, while in VC use Hyman Condo garages.
That is just garage theory, while there are plenty of other places within safe house, OR on the run in a vehicle.
Sounds like you are basically finding the same things, many features follow from game to game. I think the FC garage
is one of those followers, you can fight until forever inside there. Same with Hashbury garage.
I haven't pinpointed the actual Western wall of the garage, but I will see how it effects the camera angle, and cop spawns.

(Here's another for you: The Pilgrim Apartment ledge. Get past the yellow arrow, up onto the covered area.
See the line going across the concrete? Over it, street forces can hit you with gunfire, behind it, they can't.
CJ can still shoot them though, and again, molotovs are your friend. I don't like this spot that much because
the choppers cannot get to CJ, so it is limited but a game barrier exists there on the Pilgrim Apartment porch upstairs, covered section.)

oh btw...one other thing that is buggin me , the PD chopper on the Pershing Bldg.
At what stage of the game does it spawn there ? Thats been a mystery to me sense 04 tongue.gif

I noticed this on my last play-through, because it is close to Ganton. It begins to spawn when
aircraft is legally available. Get your pilots license as soon as possible. Most of us jump the fence
at Los Santos Airport early to get flight experience. Also we rip through flight school the first time,
just to get the license. By that stage in the game you should have found the Sea Sparrow that
ALWAYS spawns north of Verdant Meadows, out by the truck and transmitter/reciever.
Use that to fly back to Pershing Square and check for the LSPD chopper.
Usually driving by in a car, bike, etc....it won't spawn until all 3 areas are unlocked, and
CJ has a Pilot's License. When using the Sea Sparrow, or the regular Sparrow from
Madd Dogg's roof, the LSPD chopper will always be there. Use anything else, it is as random
as searching for any regularly spawning vehicle. Gotta have one though, just to play with the searchlight. smile.gif

After the mission " Just Bussiness " it was reported the PD maverick as being there (on another GTA site ) on the Pershing PD roof , can you confirm this.
jala1
wow fort carson is really really weird.
i normally stay at fort carson to find more glitches i found a pole flying above the ground.
when i walked into it the pole was going right trough my character.
i also found something else i saw 2 tiles of sand 1 tile was normal coloured and the other one was blue.
kinda weird when you look at it. fort carson ownz
§ynch
QUOTE(jala1 @ Aug 9 2007, 03:48 AM) [snapback]1354856[/snapback]
fort carson ownz

Hell yeah it does. Keep finding cool stuff mang!

I've stunted on mainly NRG's all over San Andreas, but Fort Carson
is the only place that I've gotten rushes on a mountain bike.

Hustle up the mountain facing the Big Ear. <Rock side, not the road>
Take the cliff off the parking lot and head for the closest antenna.
2,781 degrees rotation if connected properly. Sudden death if not.
What a rush.

Upon landing, some of those red boulders near the sand
have been hollow before, but that is just a random rendering issue.
jala1
QUOTE(§ynchronizer @ Aug 9 2007, 08:21 PM) [snapback]1354956[/snapback]
fort carson ownz

What a rush.

i never noticed that some of the red boulders were hollow probably because i never run right into them
Sharpie Fetish
QUOTE(§ynchronizer @ Aug 9 2007, 07:21 PM) [snapback]1354956[/snapback]
fort carson ownz

What a rush.

NRG's are awesome

I normally get sudden death doing the big ear jump but occasionally i have landied it but got no where near that high degrees rotation

i believe alot of the time with the boulders that is because you land too fast and the game doesnt have time t load the area properly if you have armaz use the neg grav cheat so that you can jump press l1 and can float in the air i taped the l1 button down before for around half an houri came back after having tea and realised it it took another 15 minutes for me to hit the ground and when i did i went straight thru into blue hell with the game not being able to load quick enough
FireGod
QUOTE(jala1 @ Oct 18 2007, 04:46 PM) [snapback]1370272[/snapback]
fort carson ownz

What a rush.

i never noticed that some of the red boulders were hollow probably because i never run right into them

The red bridge , west of FC has a strange affect ..during a 6star chase I went under the bridge slow to hide from harriers , just curious , then I came up to soon .. an the rotors stuck into the road-way of the bridge..I just thought ok , I'll be smoking an jumping soon.
Boy was I wrong..the Maverick just stayed there forever..whats more , the PDchopers don't shoot but explode when they touch CJ or the bridge ..this went on till after dinner , a movie , a game of monoply.
I came back an checked my stats an they had jumped about 30k over that 6hr period.also the blades w'ere cutting down an killing traffic on the bridge aswell.
whats handy..I guess , is the auto pilot effect it had , to get the highest criminal ranking " King of SanAndreas " which I'm 8/10ths there now.
I really thought this was un-reachable.. maybe that is the big secret..of SA?
I've never seen anyone post that they have reached this level.. has it ever been done?
an , is that when a secret is revealed?
Sharpie Fetish
alot of people have gotten king of san andreas Hardware a member on this forum even put his save file up so we cold download
§ynch
QUOTE(CyanTist @ Oct 20 2007, 09:11 AM) [snapback]1370751[/snapback]
NRG's are awesome

I normally get sudden death doing the big ear jump but occasionally i have landied it
but got no where near that high degrees rotation

i believe alot of the time with the boulders that is because you land too fast and the game doesnt have time t load the area properly if you have armaz use the neg grav cheat so that you can jump press l1 and can float in the air i taped the l1 button down before for around half an houri came back after having tea and realised it it took another 15 minutes for me to hit the ground and when i did i went straight thru into blue hell with the game not being able to load quick enough

NRG's are awesome mang! However that stunt was done using a Mountain Bike.
I just went for it, noting the antenna's position over the cliff.
The weight is substantially lighter, plus I had quite a bit of luck that time.
It still works with *any* bike, NRG's are my favorite, but the mountain bike
was where that rotational was recorded. Good Times. smile.gif

QUOTE(FireGod @ Oct 21 2007, 11:57 PM) [snapback]1371089[/snapback]

What a rush.

The red bridge , west of FC has a strange affect ..during a 6star chase I went under the bridge slow to hide from harriers , just curious , then I came up to soon .. an the rotors stuck into the road-way of the bridge..I just thought ok , I'll be smoking an jumping soon.
Boy was I wrong..the Maverick just stayed there forever..whats more , the PDchopers don't shoot but explode when they touch CJ or the bridge ..this went on till after dinner , a movie , a game of monoply.
I came back an checked my stats an they had jumped about 30k over that 6hr period.also the blades w'ere cutting down an killing traffic on the bridge aswell.
whats handy..I guess , is the auto pilot effect it had , to get the highest criminal ranking " King of SanAndreas " which I'm 8/10ths there now.
I've never seen anyone post that they have reached this level.. has it ever been done?

No real secret ever found, but yes, like CyanTist
mentioned, many here have achieved the King status.

However your story is yet another shining example of how
the game's bugs, glitches, and Fort Carson come together.
That is a great chopper story! Only in Fort Carson......

I hope you made it to a save-point after that battle.
Or rather, incredible 6-star experience. COOL!!
Scene_00
Me and my friend were playing two player and we went to Fort Carson and saw a plane (sorry I can't remember the name) parked in a drive-way! It's left wing was stuck inside the house and it had orange health. It was really weird...
huh.gif
§ynch
QUOTE(Scene_00 @ Nov 2 2007, 12:34 PM) [snapback]1372850[/snapback]
Me and my friend were playing two player and we went to Fort Carson and saw a plane (sorry I can't remember the name) parked in a drive-way! It's left wing was stuck inside the house and it had orange health. It was really weird...
huh.gif

Yup, another regular anomally of weirdness in Fort Carson.

The plane is called a Beagle, and is (usually) always there,
complete with wing-in-house syndrome.

Careful attempting to fly it, that thing just LOVES to blow up.
Half the time it's already smoking from the wing stuck in the house.

Daniel3080
That plane is always crashing into that house, if you hear explosions in Fort Carson it's the plane.
FireGod
QUOTE(CyanTist @ Oct 22 2007, 12:00 PM) [snapback]1371101[/snapback]
alot of people have gotten king of san andreas Hardware a member on this forum even put his save file up so we cold download

When you reach the highest criminal ranking, does it un-lock the rumored SA secret?

Also, I found a pot hole in SA, a very well made one at that, made intentionaly, has anyone ever seen a pot hole in SA ?

And has anyone had their Hunter stuck in a bridge at Fort Carson and become bullet proof, al beit you can't go anywhere?
however.. you can shoot all attackers that appear, forever smile.gif

Sharpie Fetish
no it doesnt tell you what the secret is you just get king of san andreas rank
LAPB
ROFL I DID THE 12 AMBULANCE MISIONS IN FORT CARSON IN PC V1 AND DIDNT NOTICE ANYTHING STRAGE GUESS I WAS BUSY ON THE 12 MISIONS
FireGod
QUOTE(§ynchronizer @ Oct 23 2007, 04:55 AM) [snapback]1371314[/snapback]
QUOTE(CyanTist @ Oct 20 2007, 09:11 AM) [snapback]1370751[/snapback]
NRG's are awesome

I normally get sudden death doing the big ear jump but occasionally i have landied it
but got no where near that high degrees rotation

NRG's are awesome mang! However that stunt was done using a Mountain Bike.
I just went for it, noting the antenna's position over the cliff.
The weight is substantially lighter, plus I had quite a bit of luck that time.
It still works with *any* bike, NRG's are my favorite, but the mountain bike
was where that rotational was recorded. Good Times. smile.gif

QUOTE(FireGod @ Oct 21 2007, 11:57 PM) [snapback]1371089[/snapback]

What a rush.

No real secret ever found, but yes, like CyanTist
mentioned, many here have achieved the King status.

However your story is yet another shining example of how
the game's bugs, glitches, and Fort Carson come together.
That is a great chopper story! Only in Fort Carson......

I hope you made it to a save-point after that battle.
Or rather, incredible 6-star experience. COOL!!

Thanks mang ! ! some one ask me why play SA?? its getting old, I said, why not ?? I still to this day can find a new experience, in this SAuniverse smile.gif like if you get CJ really fat early on, then sneak into FC, you'll get that phone call telling CJ to slim down, instead of " your to thin CJ " LoL.
§ynch
QUOTE(FireGod @ Dec 2 2007, 06:30 PM) [snapback]1377724[/snapback]
Thanks mang ! ! some one ask me why play SA?? its getting old, I said, why not ?? I still to this day can find a new experience, in this SAuniverse smile.gif

That is most awesome, and dead on right.
I am waiting for GTA:IV, but I will always love San Andreas.
Seven times 100% says I love that game.

Exploration is endless, it's like a research project/hobby. We love it.
FireGod
QUOTE(§ynch @ Dec 8 2007, 06:33 AM) [snapback]1378547[/snapback]
QUOTE(FireGod @ Dec 2 2007, 06:30 PM) [snapback]1377724[/snapback]
Thanks mang ! ! some one ask me why play SA?? its getting old, I said, why not ?? I still to this day can find a new experience, in this SA universe smile.gif

That is most awesome, and dead on right.
I am waiting for GTA:IV, but I will always love San Andreas.
Seven times 100% says I love that game.

Exploration is endless, it's like a research project/hobby. We love it.

@ ^ Does anyone have a 100% save, where the Chli-dog man does not go berserk, ( I heard he does this if you smash his stand ) an attack CJ ? I was at FC an went to the one N. of the tunnel to re-plenish, an he came after me, so I left. Then I remembered The Hot-dog Van at the Damn, went there, put CJ into the red circle lite-thingee...lo an behold when I came back from my real life lunch , CJ was still, eating Hot-dogs, an was fat as a blimp, which made it soooo... much easier, to get a date with Barabra...

another Mystery ? ?....note : I started in FC..**question : has these two vender's, done this in your game ? anyone?...just curious, if this is a new find, LoL.
Also, an can you change back this behavior? ?

EDIT : just went back, an noticed its 25 sec; between each hot-dog that CJ eats , so if your doing this to get a GF date, be patient an go clean your room, mow grass etc; come back an like auto pilot your CJ is nasty fat smile.gif
Iandip94
QUOTE(§ynchronizer @ Jun 25 2007, 01:48 PM) [snapback]1339883[/snapback]
during a 6-star out there, the choppers frequently "come back to life" after being shot down.
You have to make it happen, it's not there from the beginning of the game or anything,
The strange thing here the creek water is very shallow, so seeing all the choppers you shot down
still spawning underwater is not seen every day, in every country 6-star battle.
There are certain areas arround there where it worked better than others. Shady Creek

The same thing will occur right at the base of the tunnel, by your FC Speeder boat.

Yes,the graveyard is there AND in Fishers Lagoon TOO! It is the same 6 star wanted level set up and the crashed helicopters land in the water and in about an hour gametime the helicopter flies back out and away from you with it in black smoke. Very odd.
§ynch
QUOTE(Iandip94 @ Jan 1 2008, 11:54 AM) [snapback]1383782[/snapback]

Yes,the graveyard is there AND in Fishers Lagoon TOO!
It is the same 6 star wanted level set up and the crashed helicopters land in the water
and in about an hour gametime the helicopter flies back out and away from you with it in black smoke. Very odd.

Holy Quacamole.
Fisher's Lagoon in Red County is like as deep as the ocean.
Great, Great, Great!! Thanks amigo, nice find. smile.gif

This is what Hints N' Finds is all about.
The REAL great stuff in San Andreas.
FireGod
QUOTE(§ynch @ Jan 3 2008, 01:54 AM) [snapback]1384081[/snapback]

It is the same 6 star wanted level set up and the crashed helicopters land in the water
and in about an hour gametime the helicopter flies back out and away from you with it in black smoke. Very odd.

Holy Quacamole.

Do the helicoptrs sink all the way to the bottom of Fishers Lagoon, before they come up ?
§ynch
QUOTE(FireGod @ Jan 7 2008, 09:43 PM) [snapback]1385179[/snapback]
QUOTE(§ynch @ Jan 3 2008, 01:54 AM) [snapback]1384081[/snapback]

Holy Quacamole.

Do the helicoptrs sink all the way to the bottom of Fishers Lagoon, before they come up ?

Good question! I guess we are going to have to try it FireGod. smile.gif
They do sink at the underwater graveyard - because it is so shallow.
Apv301
Hello I am new! I have noticed a couple things.
1: The city in the top left corner of the map (sorry forgot the name) has a beach beside it that a Vortex spawns at an moves under its own power.

2: In Los Santos in the area where the mod garage and Jesus saves mural, if you follow the street away from the large flood path and towards the beach their is a small path beside a house that goes to the highway. If you follow this road straight out into about the middle of the first road of the highway your car's front end will sink in the ground.

3: The Beagel in the Driveway in FC can be removed if you do the following.
A: Memerize the repair code you will need it often.
B: If the Plane does not blow up enter it and enter the cheat,then move towards the right.
C: Get a vehicle such as a Rancher or Landtrain to push the tail towards the road the nose of the plane faces.
D:After about an hour of pushing and very very delicate movements I was able to get it on the road.
E: Go slowly up the road towards either the large grassy area behind the trailers or towards the desert of the Lil' Probe Inn
F:Land at abandoned airstrip and save it as a trophy.Good Luck it took me 5 trys to get it to the road and one more because I flew into the radio tower at the Big Ear

Sorry if I have not provided enough information but I don't have Gamerladys map at hand stupid.gif
Also where in Fort Carson is the Wall you can walk through?
§ynch
QUOTE(Apv301 @ Feb 3 2008, 08:29 PM) [snapback]1391882[/snapback]
1: The city in the top left corner of the map (sorry forgot the name) has a beach beside it that a Vortex spawns at an moves under its own power.

2: In Los Santos in the area where the mod garage and Jesus saves mural, if you follow the street away from the large flood path and towards the beach their is a small path beside a house that goes to the highway. If you follow this road straight out into about the middle of the first road of the highway your car's front end will sink in the ground.

3: The Beagel in the Driveway in FC can be removed if you do the following.
A: Memerize the repair code you will need it often.
B: If the Plane does not blow up enter it and enter the cheat,then move towards the right.
C: Get a vehicle such as a Rancher or Landtrain to push the tail towards the road the nose of the plane faces.
D:After about an hour of pushing and very very delicate movements I was able to get it on the road.
E: Go slowly up the road towards either the large grassy area behind the trailers or towards the desert of the Lil' Probe Inn
F:Land at abandoned airstrip and save it as a trophy.Good Luck it took me 5 trys to get it to the road and one more because I flew into the radio tower at the Big Ear

Also where in Fort Carson is the Wall you can walk through?

1.) The small town at the north end of LV is called Bayside, that's where the Vortex slides down.
2.) Yeah that was always pretty cool. Anything going slow enough will sink.
3.) Nice work on the Beagle. I've gotten it out once or twice. Its presence is just kind of a novelty.

The wall is just another insubstantial plane, and cops CAN see you in the small room.
It's on the road that looks like the little town main street, running north and south, only a few blocks long.
(Not parallel to the train tracks, that main type of road is where your safe house ends up.)

The main street road has the 24-7 store at the south end, with the molotovs spawn behind the store.
That 24-7 is the one that closes at midnight, across from the field overlooking Ammu-Nation.
Across the street from the 24-7, start pushing on the storefront walls.
It's a few blocks up, you'll walk in, and hit an invisible wall. Turn around and look out.

The map is not detailed enough, just remember it runs north and south.
If I have to, I'll try and get a screenshot from my PC game save.

This wall is similar to the stripmall doorway in Pilgrim; walk in, hit invisible barrier, turn and look out.
§ynch
Going back for a battle with cops to lure out the chopper, at the Fort Carson tunnel,
some of these views may shed a bit more light on the imbedded/invisible police helicopter.
Can hear him, but rarely can see him unless back into the tunnel where only the rotors appear.

Note the road is more than a few meters above the mountain tunnel, which is solid.
Also note the north, south, east or west directions that choppers can approach.

1) North = Sherman Dam vicinity
2) West = Over the water
3) South = Through Fort Carson proper
4) East = From over the road above, below the Big Ear, which is much higher ground

Even in the daytime, from the east, you can see the spotlights in the wall:

As well as from the south:

Much easier to see the spotlights hovering/circling at night:

Finally, going back inside the tunnel itself, the rotors reveal themselves.
The helicopter is located inside the mountain. Not above, on the road.

Carl can fire bomb the general area of the rotors and eventually an explosion will be heard,
the pilot's voice will drop off. If you only have 5 stars, the 6th will appear.
The bottom line is the invisible chopper's rotors can finally allow you to put a
location on the otherwise unknown area of the speaker's voices.

I've spent many hours fighting the invisible chopper, with a 6 star wanted level.
Once you exterminate it, eventually, it will come back, after waves of easy to spot choppers.

Wanted level is not even a concern as no road vehicles can get there unless careening off the guard rail above.
Sure an occasional tank or Barracks OL will flop over but usually they fall into the water, or are easily disposed of.
Carl just needs to get up to the FC safe house to change clothes to lose the wanted level, that's no problem.

However this strange anomally has never changed from 2004, first version PS2, to the current PC version 2.
The invisible chopper always spawns inside the mountain. The rest fly in from the north, south, east, and west.

My next quest to answer this unsolved mystery, truly an original San Andreas finding,
is to fly into the Underworld with a jetpack, via Area 69 for the wanted level, and into this mountain.
Where I will wait to see the invisible police helicopter of the Fort Carson tunnel.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.