Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: VCS for PS2
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA Old Gen > GTA Portable
§ynch
I knew it would get ported.

http://www.gtapsp.com/

Hopefully by the springtime as was with LCS.
(When they said that one would be PSP-only, as well)
Korben
Interesting. It would be good if its true, as I think R* scored a hit when the ported LCS to the PS2.

I own a PSP, but will probably buy it for the PS2 aswell. It was a nice playing LCS on the big screen, and even though VCS has let me down, I think the glitches and graphic problems which infested VCS on the PSP will hopefully be ironed out for the PS2.

EDIT:

I have just looked at the ERSB website and the PS2 listing has gone!!! Its just showing the PSP version now.
RhymeCraft
yes i can finally play it since i lost my motherfucking psp
Handsome B Wonderful
I got all excited for nothing!

Oh well, i've lost interest in all things GTA related, so it'll be up to GTAIV to get me back into it.
new major on the block
^ What do you mean that you got excited for nothing?
Handsome B Wonderful
QUOTE(new major on the block @ Jan 28 2007, 09:29 AM) [snapback]1292374[/snapback]

I read the first post before i read the second post. Hence leading me to believe that it was coming out for the PS2. laugh.gif
Mrjesus2000
QUOTE(Darth Handsome @ Jan 28 2007, 10:03 AM) [snapback]1292671[/snapback]

QUOTE(new major on the block @ Jan 28 2007, 09:29 AM) [snapback]1292374[/snapback]

I read the first post before i read the second post. Hence leading me to believe that it was coming out for the PS2. laugh.gif

It's on the official PlayStation site too now.
You can bet it will be announced officially for PS2 soon.
Korben
Link for the website.

Click

Nothing actually on the website other than a the real basics. I still would not see this as a definate. I hope it is though.

EDIT:

I have just had another look at http://www.gtapsp.com/ and they have a load more info.

They have said about it being given a model/serial number - a unique identifier that Sony awards to every title when it goes through the certification process. Vice City Stories on PS2 will be "SLUS-21590" in North America.

This looks positive.
Handsome B Wonderful
Thanks for that. Being listed on the official sony site and having a serial number is a pretty good indicator that something's going on. Usually.

Now, i may have to eat my words at some point, but to all the PSP fanboys who said that it would suck if VCS was released on PS2, i say: Nyah!

laugh.gif

HB~Sauce
Hmmm, maybe VCS's sales weren't as good as Rockstar hoped for and decided to put it on PS2. Anyways, now I gotta get 2 more PS2 games (VCS and LCS)
Korben
QUOTE(tourdepain @ Jan 30 2007, 06:06 PM) [snapback]1293858[/snapback]

Hmmm, maybe VCS's sales weren't as good as Rockstar hoped for and decided to put it on PS2. Anyways, now I gotta get 2 more PS2 games (VCS and LCS)

Could be true. I could not believe it when I went into HMV (Music, Video and Games store to non UK'ers) between Christmas and New Year and LCS was top of the charts for PSP games and VCS was in sixth!! I suspect you are right. VCS has not done so well.

I have been thinking over the last couple of weeks that if R* want a large selling game on a Handheld, they need to create a new map / city. Everyone knows the size of the map will not be too large, but its on a handheld, so it won't matter. They will get one seriously big selling game if they do this, and if Sony work with them, they will sell a lot more handhelds.

Just a pipe dream I suspect
Korben
QUOTE(Korben @ Jan 28 2007, 07:10 PM) [snapback]1292882[/snapback]

Link for the website.

Click

Nothing actually on the website other than a the real basics. I still would not see this as a definate. I hope it is though.

EDIT:

I have just had another look at http://www.gtapsp.com/ and they have a load more info.

They have said about it being given a model/serial number - a unique identifier that Sony awards to every title when it goes through the certification process. Vice City Stories on PS2 will be "SLUS-21590" in North America.

This looks positive.

Strange, but the Playstation link has now gone. Either someone can't make their mind up, or they are just really bad at covering their tracks when they make a mistake and release information too early!!
HB~Sauce
QUOTE(Korben @ Jan 30 2007, 11:56 AM) [snapback]1293878[/snapback]

QUOTE(tourdepain @ Jan 30 2007, 06:06 PM) [snapback]1293858[/snapback]

Could be true. I could not believe it when I went into HMV (Music, Video and Games store to non UK'ers) between Christmas and New Year and LCS was top of the charts for PSP games and VCS was in sixth!! I suspect you are right. VCS has not done so well.

I have been thinking over the last couple of weeks that if R* want a large selling game on a Handheld, they need to create a new map / city. Everyone knows the size of the map will not be too large, but its on a handheld, so it won't matter. They will get one seriously big selling game if they do this, and if Sony work with them, they will sell a lot more handhelds.

Just a pipe dream I suspect

Yeah man, but the bright side is that they have to eventually make a GTA:PSP, because you can't port anything to the PSP from the PS2 after/if they do SAS (San Andreas Stories) and there's no way they can port PS3 games to the PSP.

P.S. I have HMV in Canada too smile.gif
thephantomranger
I dont like the idea of a San Andreas Stories. Having played Vice City Stories I found a lot of glitches, so imagine what San Andreas would be like!

Nontheless, i agree with Korben's idea of a new city made especially for the psp. I think after Vice City Rockstar should know how much they can and cant add to a umd disk.
SlickCriminal92
QUOTE(§ynchronizer @ Jan 22 2007, 11:49 AM) [snapback]1288947[/snapback]

I knew it would get ported.

http://www.gtapsp.com/

Hopefully by the springtime as was with LCS.
(When they said that one would be PSP-only, as well)

OMG!
caspar
WOOP! WOOP!
Handsome B Wonderful
Hmm, does anyone think R* will bring the multiplayer across to the PS2 this time? I doubt they will. All i hope is that they remove all or most of the glitches that were in the PSP version.
§ynch
QUOTE(Darth Handsome @ Feb 12 2007, 08:19 AM) [snapback]1300102[/snapback]

Hmm, does anyone think R* will bring the multiplayer across to the PS2 this time? I doubt they will. All i hope is that they remove all or most of the glitches that were in the PSP version.
Agreed, I seriously doubt MP capabilities.
HB~Sauce
If its just a port, I don't think they will have MP because one the Sony Online Play sucks and two you can't play GTA with two players on one screen (Ex San Andreas).

Though it is possible that they fix the glitches...That would be helpful.
§ynch
Just got it for PS2.

Awesome to be back in Vice City, but what a rush, it's very different.
Not talking about character or the town, it's the other things.
By the way thanks to all that didn't broadcast spoilers.

Weapons/Bribes/Armor maps in progress right now.
FAQ/Walkthrough to follow in the coming weeks.
May even submit this one to gamefaqs.
<Unlike my 100% FAQs/walkthroughs for GTAlll,VC,SA, and LCS>

I don't know about the tiny PSP, but in this cut,
the Streetfighter kicks ass for stunting.
VRock rules, and the peds & radio humor remain in the R* tradition.

I don't even care about MP for PS2.
Just happy to be in VCS.
Silencium
Just bought mine for PS2 today. Does any1 have a decent balloon map? The ones I've found this far have all sucked. They don't even show if it's on ground level or above or below it, and also some of the buildings in those maps are in different shape than the ones in the games own map. And the balloons on those maps are huge. mad.gif Or do I have to start make my own map? wallbash_red.gif
-spyder-
QUOTE(Silencium @ Mar 17 2007, 05:22 PM) [snapback]1311318[/snapback]
Just bought mine for PS2 today. Does any1 have a decent balloon map? The ones I've found this far have all sucked. They don't even show if it's on ground level or above or below it, and also some of the buildings in those maps are in different shape than the ones in the games own map. And the balloons on those maps are huge. mad.gif Or do I have to start make my own map? wallbash_red.gif

You mean this...

Click to view attachment

Its not that bad, at least it points you in the right direction.

It would be hard I suppose to show exactly where they are, they would need to put them on a 3D map or sommet

Silencium
QUOTE(-spyder- @ Mar 17 2007, 07:38 PM) [snapback]1311322[/snapback]
It would be hard I suppose to show exactly where they are, they would need to put them on a 3D map or sommet

Nah, just make a small dot (but not too small of course) and next to it a small arrow pointing up or down to indicate if it's above or below ground level. =P
-spyder-
Whats the point. Im sure its not that hard to find them, just go to the map on the game, target it and get a vehicle and go.

At least there is a map to help you
Heartless
Its not brain surgery. Go to the point on the map, and... *drum roll* look up. Tadda. Oh, and bring a sniper. Its just easier that way.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.