Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fantastic Four: Rise of Silver Surfer
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Entertainment
Mr_Blond
I really wanted to go to the theater this past Saturday. My original intent was to see Pirates 3, but I was about twenty minutes shy. So I opted for this sequel, having forgotten it even came out this weekend. The ONLY reason I payed to see this was for the surfer (And Jessica Alba is nice to look at! *swoon*). By the end, I was actually surprised. This was a decent comic book movie! Hollywood doesn't strike out EVERY time... (*cough* Spider Man, Daredevil, Hulk, Superman... *cough*) It really sort of felt like a FF book came alive. I felt the same spark while watching 300, Sin City, Punisher and Hell Boy. It's rare! And The Man's cameo was priceless... Has any one else seen it yet?
The Porscheofile
not i but it looks pretty good.....lol cept the 'silver surfer' has to be some kind of acid induced villain because no sober person would think of THAT...

anyway spider man wasn't THAT bad.....just not as good as it could have been....
Heartless
I agree. FF2 was a surprise hit that, unfortunately, cut off it's own legs with the first one. Now, that isn't to say this is classed as, "an original Superman, Batman or Flash [TV]", but it is worthy of being a Batman Begins. They used a lot of comic references that, while disjointed, were used to a good yield. You can't escape the bad acting, but you can't beat Lawrence Fishbourn as the voice of Silver Surfer.
Mr_Blond
QUOTE(Heartless @ Jun 20 2007, 02:59 AM) [snapback]1338393[/snapback]
I agree. FF2 was a surprise hit that, unfortunately, cut off it's own legs with the first one. Now, that isn't to say this is classed as, "an original Superman, Batman or Flash [TV]", but it is worthy of being a Batman Begins. They used a lot of comic references that, while disjointed, were used to a good yield. You can't escape the bad acting, but you can't beat Lawrence Fishbourn as the voice of Silver Surfer.

How could I have forgotten Batman Begins! I loved it... I can't wait to see where they take it with the sequel.

@Predator- My biggest qualm with the Spidey movies is they deviated so far from the story line in the comics. I understand artistic license and all... But when you make a movie based on something that already has a huge fan base, you don't have much room for artistic license. Not that I wanted a complete rehashing of the comics, but a little more faithfulness would have been nice. And the latest atrocity, Spider Man 3... They got ripped off! What the hell cost the studio a quarter of a billion dollars? All those CG Spidey shots? I think it's high time we went back to the roots of film making... Look at Lucas! He didn't have CGI way back when, and he made a compelling film that has endured time.
Hardcore Ottoman
Yes, but watch the old Stars Wars episodes again and that antiquated memory you have of it being awesome will be shattered. Some things are just best not revisited.

I'm looking forward to see this movie as well.

Hey, you want to know which sequel shocked me? Behind Enemy Lines: Axis of Evil. No shit. It blew the first one away by a mile. It had this fine attention to detail in this effortless manner that Children of Men had. You have to watch it. [spoiler]Find it on aXXo really easy if you use torrents.[/spoiler]
Mr_Blond
QUOTE(punxtr @ Jun 20 2007, 11:31 PM) [snapback]1338691[/snapback]
Yes, but watch the old Stars Wars episodes again and that antiquated memory you have of it being awesome will be shattered. Some things are just best not revisited.

I'm looking forward to see this movie as well.

Hey, you want to know which sequel shocked me? Behind Enemy Lines: Axis of Evil. No shit. It blew the first one away by a mile. It had this fine attention to detail in this effortless manner that Children of Men had. You have to watch it. [spoiler]Find it on aXXo really easy if you use torrents.[/spoiler]

I never saw Behind Enemy Lines to watch the sequel... Maybe I should check 'em out.

Dude, I just watched A New Hope last week or the week before, and I still love it! Star Wars does not get old... Now revisiting games I dug while still a snot nosed punk? Painful to watch now... Ugh! I can't believe how many countless hours I wasted on Dragon Warrior... Ewwwwwwwww!

Know what sequel totally didn't suck? Clerks II biatch!

Ohhhh, cake!
Hardcore Ottoman
Dude that sequel was awesome. Props to Kevin Smith.
Mr_Blond
QUOTE(punxtr @ Jun 21 2007, 08:24 PM) [snapback]1338816[/snapback]
Dude that sequel was awesome. Props to Kevin Smith.

Amen! I just watched Mallrats X... More specifically, the extended cut (Or as Kevin refers to it, the cut which should have never been made). It was like watching a new movie! I am awaiting Chasing Amy X, which if he adheres to what he said, should be out by the end of the year. He did a voice for the TMNT movie and he's supposed to have a came in Die Hard 4.
Hardcore Ottoman
Cameo in LFODH? Sweet! What is that, like the 29th this month?

Edit--You know what I meant *Whistles*
Mr_Blond
QUOTE(punxtr @ Jun 22 2007, 01:58 PM) [snapback]1338989[/snapback]
Cameo in LFODH? Sweet! What is that, like the 27th this month?

I believe it is Friday June 29th...
Zacko
Yeah he plays like an uber geek judging from his lines and stuff in the trailer.
The Porscheofile
clerks 2= shit

god i hate stupid funny movies.....

anyway silver surfer was well worth the 8 bucks i threw down fro it, as was Oceans 13...Al Pacino is STILL going.....yeah!
Hardcore Ottoman
Bro, don't even start that kid of crap. It's movies like these that release the tension in populations.
The Porscheofile
like what? clerks 2? fuck that....releasing tension or not, that movie sucked.....stupid funny movies are ass.....funny movies with some thought behind them, or even a half line of thought are fine.
Hardcore Ottoman
Yer kind of comedy isn't everyone's kind of comedy, and that movie really didn't suck. Opinions are like assholes, asshole. End of discussion.

Edit--Let me get this, you liked Band Camp but you hated Clerks II?
Zacko
Saw FF earlier, pretty good I suppose but cheesy as fuck.
Mr_Blond
QUOTE(punxtr @ Jun 24 2007, 01:33 PM) [snapback]1339603[/snapback]
Yer kind of comedy isn't everyone's kind of comedy, and that movie really didn't suck. Opinions are like assholes, asshole. End of discussion.

Edit--Let me get this, you liked Band Camp but you hated Clerks II?

Right... Band Camp BLEW! Any way, this isn't a trash Clerks II thread.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.