Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Should There be another GTA:London?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA Old Gen > GTA Classics
Highwire
I say There Should
HeadCrab
I can't say because I was never able to play it. I searched my town through and through for a copy but always came up empty handed.
Heartless
I wouldn't mind seeing an expansion pack, downloaded from the network.
Ex-PS Fanboy
i agree with tripple ive seen every gta in stores but not london. in fact i just found out about it in september because ive never seen it in stores or at my friends. i saw it on R*.com
Kamahl
buy it on the internet...

and yes, i'd like to see it again, but a 3D version
Highwire
QUOTE(Tripplethreat @ Jun 8 2007, 10:02 AM) [snapback]1335502[/snapback]
I can't say because I was never able to play it. I searched my town through and through for a copy but always came up empty handed.

Sereously? I Live in Canada and when I go to Superstore Theres always a couple London 69's and GTA London Expansion Packs.
Charger
No, I prefer for it to stay in the U.S. You want london? get The Getaway.
Don Leone
London would be a suitable destination. Parts of South London are easily as as dangerous as places such as South Central LA.
Thrilla in Manila
South Central L.A. is not that dangerous, L.A. and Compton and all that are pussy compared to cities like Washington D.C., New Orleans, and some established cities in Honduras.
Sharpie Fetish
London would be nice to see in 3d and RAGE could make it look beautiful

You could see (insert character name here) Fighting off chavs
Deji
well i loved gta lodon. but i dont know about a 3d one... there already is one, The Getaway. That was rubbish! but i don't want it to stay in america either. Manchester would be cool for me! (having lived there)

oh and no britain myths please, lol. this place is told a different way to most american people.
Sharpie Fetish
QUOTE(Deji @ Apr 2 2008, 03:47 PM) [snapback]1404531[/snapback]
well i loved gta lodon. but i dont know about a 3d one... there already is one, The Getaway. That was rubbish! but i don't want it to stay in america either. Manchester would be cool for me! (having lived there)

oh and no britain myths please, lol. this place is told a different way to most american people.

I wanna hunt the loch ness monster instead of bigfoot
WHERE_IS_MIANUS
QUOTE(thegtaguy @ Jun 7 2007, 12:43 AM) [snapback]1335005[/snapback]
I say There Should

I voted for "yes". So far there's too many based in the US.
Full Metal Monkey
It would be cool to have another Grand Theft Auto in London.

The Getaway was cool only because i could drive to my old estate. With the RAGE engine and with an english tone it would be awesome.

Big Ben could be called Big Bender (and be shaped like a penis), London Eye the....London Waste of Taxpayers Money for a Ferris-wheel (WOTMAF) etc.

I can't remember what thread it was but myself and someone else were talking about the possibility of having a new GTA which is similar in scope to San Andreas but set in the UK between London, Birmingham and Manchester. And some small villages inbetween.
PabloHoneyOle
There are probably 1/5 of the number of gamers in the UK than in the US.

I just don't think a game set in the UK would do very well, especially in US markets. The only two games (other than GTA) that have been worth a shit that are set in London have been Resistance Fall of Man and The Getaway. Wait, did I say two games, ok, only one worth a shit.

I just think that if R* looks at the market, a US based game would likely be much more successful and profitable than one set in jolly ol' London.
Bonners87
I would like to see it. GTA from another perspective would be good. And to be fair, it would not differ from past GTAs based in America too much, other than accents and architecture. It would be nice to see as a lot of London landmarks are iconic.

And comparing this concept to The Getaway would be wrong, since The Getaway was produced by Team Soho (the same people who brought us SingStar and SpiceWorld). Im sure a R* version would be, if anything else, a piece of art!
PabloHoneyOle
I was citing location as a reference; not quality of game.

Again, I know that it can be argued it people want to see it and it would be neat, but I don't think it would sell very well in America. We're just fucking snobs like that.
Full Metal Monkey
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Mar 18 2009, 02:16 PM) [snapback]1490837[/snapback]
Again, I know that it can be argued it people want to see it and it would be neat, but I don't think it would sell very well in America. We're just fucking snobs like that.

Im not so sure about that.

I think that any game with the main title of Grand Theft Auto on it would still sell like a house on fire. I think if the game was set in a non-english speaking country (like Assassin's Creed) then it might have trouble selling. Not only that but Assassin's Creed was naff.

The game is set in America and us lowly europeans have embraced the series just as much as in the US. So i think they as the series is so set in peoples heart and has a fanatic fanbase (just take the members of this forum as example tongue.gif) the local wouldn't make too much of a difference.
Massacre
I'm kind of biased on the subject, just because I want to see Vice City redone. If they set the next game in Vice City, I'd have no problem with the game after being set in London.

On a side note, what's with the people that bitch about driving on the "wrong" side of the road? Who follows the fucking traffic laws in these games? I'm always swerving into whichever lane will get me to where I'm going the fastest, I don't care which lane I'm supposed to be in.
hey_blinkin
I agree with Full Metal Monkey, if Rockstar made GTA outside of the US it would still do well, simply because it's GTA. I think the location should be based on a good storyline and not just where the most fanboys want it.
neko_ceko
QUOTE(Massacre @ Mar 19 2009, 05:56 AM) [snapback]1490991[/snapback]
I'm kind of biased on the subject, just because I want to see Vice City redone. If they set the next game in Vice City, I'd have no problem with the game after being set in London.

On a side note, what's with the people that bitch about driving on the "wrong" side of the road? Who follows the fucking traffic laws in these games? I'm always swerving into whichever lane will get me to where I'm going the fastest, I don't care which lane I'm supposed to be in.

OMG, me too. I really want another Vice City! It was my favorite GTA, dunno why, I just liked the atmosphere there badly.

And its true about the road, I mean, why would someone drive on the right side of the road in GTA (right as opposite from wrong, not >)
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(Full Metal Monkey @ Mar 18 2009, 11:25 PM) [snapback]1490989[/snapback]
I think that any game with the main title of Grand Theft Auto on it would still sell like a house on fire.

That is the worst analogy I've ever heard.
No one is going to buy a burning house man. Haha.

I think it'd be neat to either see a modern day London, or a 1960s London.
Full Metal Monkey
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Mar 20 2009, 11:59 AM) [snapback]1491277[/snapback]
I think that any game with the main title of Grand Theft Auto on it would still sell like a house on fire.

Its an old english saying.
Massacre
QUOTE(Full Metal Monkey @ Mar 20 2009, 05:52 PM) [snapback]1491345[/snapback]

Yer tea-drinkin' pansy-talk don't mean nuthin' in Florence, Alabama! Yeehaw! I'ma go fuck ma cousin!

But, I got it.
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(Massacre @ Mar 20 2009, 07:18 PM) [snapback]1491365[/snapback]

Yer tea-drinkin' pansy-talk don't mean nuthin' in Florence, Alabama! Yeehaw! I'ma go fuck ma cousin!

But, I got it.

Contrary to popular belief...we don't fuck our cousins here.
Thats Mississippi. And some parts of Georgia.

But I mean, I've never heard that saying...I thought you were making it up. Haha.
And Massacre, I understood what he meant, I just said it was a bad one.
Massacre
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Mar 20 2009, 10:06 PM) [snapback]1491378[/snapback]

But, I got it.

But I mean, I've never heard that saying...I thought you were making it up. Haha.

I know, but stereotypes are so fun. Hope I didn't offend. Not too much, anyway.
Full Metal Monkey
QUOTE(Massacre @ Mar 21 2009, 02:15 AM) [snapback]1491380[/snapback]
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Mar 20 2009, 10:06 PM) [snapback]1491378[/snapback]

But, I got it.

I know, but stereotypes are so fun. Hope I didn't offend. Not too much, anyway.

If i ever see you your a fucking dead man. tongue.gif

You slack jawed hicky. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.