Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pirates 3:
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Entertainment
The Porscheofile
Ok, went to see Pirates 3...was awesome...not a whole lot was better than that *SPOILERS*

Fight between Jack n Davy on the Yard arm.....was awesome...

*/Spoilers*

But seriously, why is every reviewer *professional* giving this movie bad reviews? whats the deal? They say "it's to complicated" really? at least 2-3 i've read, are by reviewers who gave the godfather trilogy huge reviews......there aren't many more movies more complicated than those.....i followed the plot fine......Chick=Goddess, 9 pirates= Lords.....what was there to follow? is it because they know their reviews aren't gonna mean shit, and everyone will go see it anyway, so its like "Fuggit"?
Nec
I really liked it. I decided to re-watch the first two before watching it a second time, and then it made more sense. I think perhaps refreshing their memories about everything that built up to it would have helped.
Kamahl
crap, i never saw number 2... gotta see that first
gtasanandreasgeek
I saw it a few days ago and it was really good-especially when the two boats at the end were battling it out.

But it was a bit strange especially those fish people with seaweed and shit all over them....
The Porscheofile
lol you better see the second.....

I actually fully follow the plot.....then again i catch onto most movies the first time, some i need a second showing....
Darth Sexy
QUOTE(gtasanandreasgeek @ May 30 2007, 03:35 PM) [snapback]1332828[/snapback]
I saw it a few days ago and it was really good-especially when the two boats at the end were battling it out.

But it was a bit strange especially those fish people with seaweed and shit all over them....

That scene was retarded. The entire British armada just floated there, doing nothing.

I hated the movie, sure, it was funny at times. But the plot was retarded, and needed another 2 hours just to explain what the fuck was going on.
Pieface
Spoiler warnings please? Some people still haven't seen the movie.
Darth Sexy
QUOTE(Jonny Sniper @ May 30 2007, 09:37 PM) [snapback]1332861[/snapback]

Be prepared to yell "THIS IS SPARTA!" very loudly.
ENVi3
QUOTE(Tom Cruise Missile @ May 29 2007, 11:35 PM) [snapback]1332811[/snapback]
crap, i never saw number 2... gotta see that first
yea, same here. i'll probably just wait till 3 comes out on dvd and go and rent both of them.
Amnesiac
QUOTE(Abdominal Snowguy @ May 30 2007, 07:26 AM) [snapback]1332868[/snapback]

roll2.gif

SOMEONE ELSE CAUGHT THAT! IT WASN'T JUST ME!

laugh.gif
The Porscheofile
honest to god...if you come into a topic, where the title is "what WAS so bad about it" PAST TENSE...i am assuming anyone who posts here has seen it...good god....

anyway, if you can't follow the story, there is little hope for you.....watch the second one, you will start saying "oh....thats what that was about" not long into it....
Nec
Absolutely. In fact, the entire thing fits together quite well if you watch both the first and second, as there is important information from both in the third. The beginning was blatantly rushed, I will agree. I have a feeling when the Director's Cut version comes out on DVD they will add the rest of it. The thing about just watching the second one before the third is that there is stuff in the first one that the second one deals with. I maintain that all three must be watched in a POTC marathon. That is what weekends are for after all.
The Porscheofile
indeed....

I've now done marathons with:

LOTR
The Godfather
and Pirates.....yes i watched the first 2 before i went and saw the second...

And i noticed the locket on Tia Dalmas Desk matched the one on Davy's organ before it was on WIKI! i ROCK
Nec
Star Wars Marathon FTW!
Darth Sexy
QUOTE(Albino™ @ May 31 2007, 09:09 AM) [snapback]1332994[/snapback]
QUOTE(Abdominal Snowguy @ May 30 2007, 07:26 AM) [snapback]1332868[/snapback]

roll2.gif

SOMEONE ELSE CAUGHT THAT! IT WASN'T JUST ME!

laugh.gif

A sold out movie theatre thinks I'm strange now.

It wasn't that I didn't "get" the basic plot, it was quite easy to follow. My point is that the majority of the events that happened made no sense whatsoever, and the movie seemed as if it was either rushed, or had a lot of cut content, as it completely lacked continuity.
The Porscheofile
the movie was very edited...as i think the original cut was something like 4 hours or something.....very long indeed.....you just can't keep an audience for that long.....so some things have to be cut...i think it was a little choppy at times, but all was explained pretty well...and that scene with like a thousand Jack Sparrows was funny as HELL.....
Hardcore Ottoman
Anyone bother to wait and see the bonus clip after the credits?

I saw the movie. Everything fit in and for the most part I was entertained. There was hardly any good humor in it though... [spoiler]Keith Richards plays Jack's dad![/spoiler]
The Porscheofile
i found the humor relatively good....not quite liek the 1st, but better than the second, which was much more serious....

lol:

"did ANYONE come to see JUST because they missed me?!"

*monkey raises hand*

that just kills me all the time
Hardcore Ottoman
Well, more than just the monkey did so. I thought the pistol rocket up Knightleys questionables was very adult; didn't fit in with Disney but meh, entertained me!
The Porscheofile
but its not meant to be a childrens film, it's turned much more adult orientated now, thankfully...
Hardcore Ottoman
We don't know what it was meant to be. All we know is that it was meant to make them rich!
The Porscheofile
no it was meant to publicize disney's Pirates Theme Park Rides......and a little of the rich things too.....
traxxaz
QUOTE(Abdominal Snowguy @ May 30 2007, 08:26 AM) [snapback]1332844[/snapback]
QUOTE(gtasanandreasgeek @ May 30 2007, 03:35 PM) [snapback]1332828[/snapback]

That scene was retarded. The entire British armada just floated there, doing nothing.

I hated the movie, sure, it was funny at times. But the plot was retarded, and needed another 2 hours just to explain what the fuck was going on.

I agree 100%! The plot was retarded, thus boring, and that made it complicated, 'cause when you're bored you don't want to really follow what's going on...In my opinion, It was toooooooo long, just like the 3rd spidey was...I was yawning all the time...and all those dumb jokes between the fights simply irritated me! Oh, and the part when they were fighting in the end and Orlando kissed Knightly while they were killing those sea-monstry pirates was absolutely "unbelievable" wallbash_red.gif
Hardcore Ottoman
^
Says the man with ADHD and a pea brain.
Bitch Heartless
I went to go see it yesterday and I havent seen the first two. smile.gif
HB~Sauce
Saw it today, thought it used alot of the same old jokes (ala the monkey) but other than that it was good.
traxxaz
QUOTE(Sybian Cunnilingus @ Jun 3 2007, 11:21 PM) [snapback]1334107[/snapback]
^
Says the man with ADHD and a pea brain.

go get a life! roll2.gif
Catnip
I saw it the other day and it wasn't hard at all to understand. Some bits were kinda random though, like the scene with Jack Sparrow in Davy Jones's Locker with the multiple Jack Sparrows.
The Porscheofile
Traxxaz you seriously need to calm down...the movie wasn't that bad, if you have seen the first two and have hal the brain of a wild dog you should easily be able to follow it.....

God you say the godfather movies are good, yet you can't follow this?

Speaking of that to loosely quote you:

"People nowadays don't want to watch a movie and use their minds, they just wanna go see Spidey 3 and Pirates 3 and say how good it was"You said something close to this in my Godfather III topic

Well now, if you are bitching about people not using their minds to follow movies plots, you kinda just contradicted yourself perdy badly there eh? The Godfather isn't exactly an action movie, its a story movie...yet you like it.....i thought those "complicated" movies were to hard for you to follow?
traxxaz
nope, I didn't say it's hard for me to follow movies with a complicated plot...what I wanted to say was, that for me Pirates were a bit unrealistic and I also didn't like the jokes ('cause I had a feeling I heard them already somewhrer)...so these two things made the movie boring for me, thus hard to follow! smile.gif but then again it's just me! biggrin.gif I mean I don't need an action film to get me entertained...godfather was complicated, but in the same time it urged you to follow the plot, 'cause it was intersting! Got my idea?
Hardcore Ottoman
Work on explaining yourself because you always sound like an idiot.
traxxaz
Learn to read, sonny! biggrin.gif
The Porscheofile
learn not to contradict yourself?

i am rather good at using peoples words against them...yeah it's a talent really.
traxxaz
I didn't contradict myself! I just said that the 3 Pirates are so boring and childish that it makes them difficult to watch... because since it's boring you're too lazy to follow the mixed up plot... but in godfather their is a greater moral idea...and it is interesting to watch how Michael's character evolves ...I mean common... and this makes it intersting to follow the complicated plot! ...the pirates movie is not a movie that makes you think... So, yeah, learn to read...before you start using other people's words against them... it makes you look like a dumbass biggrin.gif no offence, though!
Pieface
The Times review gave this film 2/5 I saw it on Friday and i thought it was good

(BTW They also gave Spiderman 3 1/5)
The Porscheofile
everyone is giving them shitty reviews.....they need to get off their high and mighty fucking horse...

and Traxxaz: Perhaps you should learn to word your shit better. as all i read was "kids these days don't want to pay attention to any movies, just go out an watch pirates 3" or something to the like.

No offense though! biggrin.gif
skinheadonthembta
Do people not realise that that is a spoiler tag on this forum?

[spoiler]Keith Richards is apparently who Johnny Depp based the character of Jack Sparrow on, that's why they got him to play his dad, although they only reference himas his father by Jack asking "How's mum"[/spoiler]

I thought it was actually very good, followed the story fine, although it did help that I watched the second one the night before.
The Porscheofile
and how do you insert this spoiler tag? and i've never heard of it....

[sp] wait like this[/sp]

Nope...
Hardcore Ottoman
[spoiler then add a ]
The Porscheofile
[spoiler] a [/spoiler]

this?

Awesome!
Nergin
The Movie was the worst of the three, pretty shitty and boring if you ask me, it was rushed so I expected it too be.

The only thing that saved the film from complete and utter gayness, was the nice Popcorn adn the hot english bitch.
The Porscheofile
If you are gonna diss the movie, provide better backup than: it was rushed and boring.......the godfather was boring as hell until you got into it.yet it's one of the most awesome movies of all time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.