Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Forum Request
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Important Information > Website & Forum Discussion
Bain
I think it would be a good idea to move the who do you like topic, to the aslyum, for purposes of more traffic, etc.

The who do you hate should remain where it is, for the fact it is just anger.

Discuss?
coreyko_2003
I agree with this and the "Who do you Hate" topic should be put in The Asylum and for one reason, post counts don't increase in that forum.
Bain
The only reason I dont see that fit is petty arguments and such. Flaming allowed in one topic will make people think the rest of the asylum is like that.
psychÝ
QUOTE(Bain Is Guerilla @ May 29 2007, 06:15 PM) [snapback]1332584[/snapback]
I think it would be a good idea to move the who do you like topic, to the aslyum, for purposes of more traffic, etc.

How about bring back RnR as it was the only active board, god knows whos dumbass idea it was to get rid of it.

What kind of thought processes goes into it, hm.........let me think away to get more members to come on the board, I know lets delete the active part, ye that will work.

Its like going hm..........how will I get that girl to go out with me, I KNOW, i'll walk over and do a turd on her lap.
Bain
This way Psycho and I can talk shit without having to spam up the entire board as well.
Qdeathstar
I think we can probably move them both to General Discussion. I'll talk it over with other moderators/admin.
Bain
Nah dude, fuck the hate topic.
FuddMan
QUOTE(psychÝ @ May 29 2007, 08:07 PM) [snapback]1332655[/snapback]

How about bring back RnR as it was the only active board, god knows whos dumbass idea it was to get rid of it.

What kind of thought processes goes into it, hm.........let me think away to get more members to come on the board, I know lets delete the active part, ye that will work.

Its like going hm..........how will I get that girl to go out with me, I KNOW, i'll walk over and do a turd on her lap.

More like, "hmm, we need to attract GTA fans, not trolls". And it's gotten rid of the main culprits and brought in some new members who post almost exclusively in the GTA forums smile.gif
Qdeathstar
I agree with the above post.
psychÝ
QUOTE(DuffMan @ Jun 4 2007, 02:06 PM) [snapback]1334224[/snapback]

More like, "hmm, we need to attract GTA fans, not trolls". And it's gotten rid of the main culprits and brought in some new members who post almost exclusively in the GTA forums smile.gif

Yeah 10 new member -40 lost = -30 good one.

The board is far less active than it was and anyone who denies that is living in a dream world, it would have been far easier just to make the RnR board for members over 100 posts and that would have solve the "problem" if there ever really was one in the first place.
Plus the fact it really isn't hard just to push people off the board without removing the most active part of the board.
FuddMan
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Jun 5 2007, 12:00 AM) [snapback]1334420[/snapback]

The board is far less active than it was and anyone who denies that is living in a dream world, it would have been far easier just to make the RnR board for members over 100 posts and that would have solve the "problem" if there ever really was one in the first place.
Plus the fact it really isn't hard just to push people off the board without removing the most active part of the board.

Who cares about activity when it's just members flaming each other?

As for your last point, you'd think that, but people can easily reregister and do so so they can finish off an argument. We don't want that anymore. I'm sorry if you're one of the ones who came here just to flame or troll others but that's who we wanted to get rid of to make this place more inviting to new members who we actually want.
psychÝ
QUOTE(DuffMan @ Jun 5 2007, 09:39 AM) [snapback]1334504[/snapback]
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Jun 5 2007, 12:00 AM) [snapback]1334420[/snapback]

Who cares about activity when it's just members flaming each other?

As for your last point, you'd think that, but people can easily reregister and do so so they can finish off an argument. We don't want that anymore. I'm sorry if you're one of the ones who came here just to flame or troll others but that's who we wanted to get rid of to make this place more inviting to new members who we actually want.

So ban flaming in RnR and change the name pretty damn simple, you make exactly the same think with a slight difference, nothing changes but the people still leave because they have no where to whine and bitch, and if they don't leave and just continue they get banned anyway, pretty simple.
Pieface
We didn't even have 40 active members to begin with o_O Where the hell did you get that statistic
psychÝ
QUOTE(Scrappy. @ Jun 5 2007, 03:59 PM) [snapback]1334547[/snapback]
We didn't even have 40 active members to begin with o_O Where the hell did you get that statistic

We really did.
Bain
This problem would be solved if people would man up and just ban rant and rave trolls without reason. What are they gonna do? File a fucking lawsuit? Nope. They're just banned.

Anyway, R and R:
-No up in post count
-Maximum one topic per person per week (someone could try and watch ffs)
-Must be a detailed rant, longer than 3 or 4 sentences.

Make the rules clear, and smite the shit out of anyone who doesnt follow it.

R and R can be for stuff wrong in the world, something that happened to you at work, your school, blah blah.

Call it something along the lines of:

Therapy

Psychiatric 101

ETC so it doesnt sound like a hate section

It lost what remaining sense it had when it turned to stevens point. That was bullshit.
psychÝ
QUOTE(Bain Is Guerilla @ Jun 5 2007, 06:09 PM) [snapback]1334584[/snapback]
This problem would be solved if people would man up and just ban rant and rave trolls without reason. What are they gonna do? File a fucking lawsuit? Nope. They're just banned.

Anyway, R and R:
-No up in post count

R and R can be for stuff wrong in the world, something that happened to you at work, your school, blah blah.

Therapy

Psychiatric 101

It lost what remaining sense it had when it turned to stevens point. That was bullshit.

I don't see the problem with posts counts really, if people really care about post counts well then they are just sad, if people are expected of posting just for there post count it is quite easy to take a literal uncompromising stance with the rules and just warn them for spam for the dubious post.
I don't really see the problem with making as many topics as you like, of course within reason, as long as they have a decent general subject, rather than something very specific.
What should be implied in the rules of the forum is that you say what your bitching about, tell your story, whatever, but then you have to put in a generalised question that will either start a discussion, prompt people to give advise, or prompt people to tell there own stories that relate, or don't really relate (does it really matter that much as long as it is worth reading) to the topic.

I would agree with a detailed rant though, I think it should become something like politics and world issues with out the politics and world issues, so it is just a general board with a less serious attitude for "heated" discussion, which can include flaming to the discretion of the moderators, however this ideal would never be officially mentioned, therefore meaning if there is some flaming ahole they can easily be removed via blocking them from that particular forum, or just warning them for something that others might not be warned for as a preventive measure.

I still find it ironic that you got rid of me as a mod, when I would have solved the problem with my technique of just telling them to shut the fuck up and instead you just go remove the forum, removing the area the problem was in rather than removing the problem.

Well ain't that true, if you want an active board with serious members don't go making a joke out of it.
coreyko_2003
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Jun 5 2007, 01:02 PM) [snapback]1334594[/snapback]
QUOTE(Bain Is Guerilla @ Jun 5 2007, 06:09 PM) [snapback]1334584[/snapback]

Anyway, R and R:
-No up in post count

Therapy

Psychiatric 101

I don't see the problem with posts counts really, if people really care about post counts well then they are just sad, if people are expected of posting just for there post count it is quite easy to take a literal uncompromising stance with the rules and just warn them for spam for the dubious post.
I don't really see the problem with making as many topics as you like, of course within reason, as long as they have a decent general subject, rather than something very specific.
What should be implied in the rules of the forum is that you say what your bitching about, tell your story, whatever, but then you have to put in a generalised question that will either start a discussion, prompt people to give advise, or prompt people to tell there own stories that relate, or don't really relate (does it really matter that much as long as it is worth reading) to the topic.

I would agree with a detailed rant though, I think it should become something like politics and world issues with out the politics and world issues, so it is just a general board with a less serious attitude for "heated" discussion, which can include flaming to the discretion of the moderators, however this ideal would never be officially mentioned, therefore meaning if there is some flaming ahole they can easily be removed via blocking them from that particular forum, or just warning them for something that others might not be warned for as a preventive measure.

I still find it ironic that you got rid of me as a mod, when I would have solved the problem with my technique of just telling them to shut the fuck up and instead you just go remove the forum, removing the area the problem was in rather than removing the problem.

Well ain't that true, if you want an active board with serious members don't go making a joke out of it.

You do realize that these arguments have been made before and shot down because these points you make would be too logical for them. I do agree however.
FuddMan
Fixed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.