Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Havana Good Time?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA Old Gen > GTA Portable
Jimothey
In this mission where you have to protect Umberto's guys from the cholos, when they're loading guns into the vans. after about 4 waves of cholos coming in, suddenly 2 appear at every corner, and inevitably kill one or oth of the guys, and then fail the mission.
Any stratagy you know? this has happened every time I try the mission. mad.gif
Korben
The only thing I can reccomend is to make sure you get the two doors nearest the guys loading the trucks first.
§ynch
QUOTE(Jimothey @ Apr 17 2007, 01:35 AM) [snapback]1323681[/snapback]
In this mission where you have to protect Umberto's guys from the cholos, when they're loading guns into the vans. after about 4 waves of cholos coming in, suddenly 2 appear at every corner, and inevitably kill one or oth of the guys, and then fail the mission.
Any stratagy you know? this has happened every time I try the mission. mad.gif

I used a combination of AK-47 and Molotovs.
Stock up AK ammo from the VCPD helipad in downtown.
Molotovs are in a train car in the impound yard. PCJ to get inside.

Now.....are you not using your HUD?????

You can see where each one is coming from, and kill them long before they
even get out of their Sabres.

Stand near the garage door, and lock on to them with AK.
Outside, use Molotovs. Helps to be fire-proof, I always do that early.
The fire and explosions from the Sabres takes out other arriving cars as well.

Then two get in the back door. Still locked on with AK.

I had no trouble at all with this mission, unlike other missions,
and believe me, there were some glitched up missions in VCS.

It also has one of the best outro cutscenes.
Jimothey
cool.. cheers for the help.
To clear up, I am using the HUD, which is how I know that they are coming in from all angles, there are red dots everywhere.
I will check out the AKs as I was only using the guns that are next to the Cuban Hermes when u start the mission.
I will find those AKs and see what the cholos think of that.
§ynch
QUOTE(Jimothey @ Apr 18 2007, 12:21 AM) [snapback]1324038[/snapback]
cool.. cheers for the help.
To clear up, I am using the HUD, which is how I know that they are coming in from all angles, there are red dots everywhere.
I will check out the AKs as I was only using the guns that are next to the Cuban Hermes when u start the mission.
I will find those AKs and see what the cholos think of that.
In the early stage of the game, go to the helipad like every 5 minutes until you have over 600 rounds.
I ususally do the challenges, load up, then save, do R3's, load up, then save.
By the time you get back to your safe house, turn around and go back, the weapon has re-spawned.
In between all of that, go shopping for weapons. Don't forget Marty's trailer park has the Stubby Shotgun.
Both that weapon and the AK are great for stocking up ammo to use in missions.
I don't know why but usually when the game offers you a weapon before a mission, it's usually one
that is more likely to get you killed than do justice. Like the famous Diablo-Mafia mission for the Don in LCS.
WTF? He offered armor and a machine pistol, when you REALLY need Molotovs and an M4, to get it done.

Good Luck Mang. When the Pinata blows in this mission for you, it's fiesta time!
Koala-Fire
holy shit this game is fucking hard
Death To The Prom King Of The Century
Well I finished that mission only doing it once so it must be too easy for some people and hard for others I didn't use any cheats to pass that mission expect weapons right before I went for that mission.
Mad Space Ghost
Seek and Find cover?

You might also if you use cheats, cheat your way out of it.
§ynch
QUOTE(H˛0 @ Nov 27 2007, 02:06 PM) [snapback]1377144[/snapback]
Seek and Find cover?

You might also if you use cheats, cheat your way out of it.

I guess so, but there is really no need for cheats.
Shooter mission, just get prepared and protected.
Mad Space Ghost
Find Armor Also.

Or get in a car and ram 'em to death.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.