Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Programs?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Media Discussion
SAsniper
What programs could I use to make a sig? Im guessing photoshop?
Geenie
Yup Photoshop, Macromedia Fireworks is not too bad, but has limited features compared to photoshop. Paint shop pro will be ok aswell. Photoshop will be your best choice, loads of tutorials online shouldnt take too long to grasp. smile.gif
Qdeathstar
You can buy:

Photoshop here for $649
PaintShop Pro here for 59.99 (Thats what i use)

Or you can use freeware like Gimp, which can be downloaded here

To those of you who talked Warez in this topic, this is your warning, next time 1 day suspension.
House
Ok well Photoshop is your best choice but it's more expensive than Paintshop Pro if you're going to obtain them legitimately I suggest downloading Photoshop from Adobe try it out for a while and if you think you like it. Buy it because I wouldn't blow money on something that would not be used.
Deji
whats so good about photoshop. i downloaded it but it doesn't do anything special. it's the proffesional (expensive) tools for me.
FuddMan
You have to know how to use Photoshop to understand why it costs so much, but that's only part of the reason. Another part is that because so many people pirate PS (and other pro software like Dreamweaver), Adobe needs to hike up the price to get a sufficient return on it. But that only encourages more people to pirate it, so it becomes a vicious cycle.
psychø
QUOTE(DuffMan @ Mar 15 2008, 04:30 PM) [snapback]1399386[/snapback]
Adobe needs to hike up the price to get a sufficient return on it. But that only encourages more people to pirate it, so it becomes a vicious cycle.

That is absolute rubbish the people who pirate it weren't going to buy it anyway, the reason it is so high is because it is a professional tool and it is the best one out there, the best of anything is always really expensive, normally pointlessly unless you are a graphics company.
Deji
You have to know how to use Photoshop to understand why it costs so much, but that's only part of the reason. Another part is that because so many people pirate PS (and other pro software like Dreamweaver), Adobe needs to hike up the price to get a sufficient return on it. But that only encourages more people to pirate it, so it becomes a vicious cycle.

piracy is wrong rolleyes.gif i cant think of anyone who would want to do it.
selpy
If you don't wnat to spend money, GIMP is excellent if you can understand how to use it (most newer designers cannot, though) and there is also Paint.NET, which is not nearly as deluxe as Photoshop (my personal choice) but it IS free.

Or, as was suggested, you can always try the free trial of Photoshop from Adobe and whether or not you like it, you can consider buying it.
ConQueSteD
QUOTE(Deji @ Mar 16 2008, 12:35 AM) [snapback]1399518[/snapback]

piracy is wrong rolleyes.gif i cant think of anyone who would want to do it.

hmmm for some reason i think you?
I got Photoshop CS2 through CADD from my school. But they don't know that thumbup.gif Yay Flash Drive and A good diversion
neko_ceko
Microsoft Paint
biggrin.gif
Lee
I made my sig in Photoshop Elements, it's a cut down version of Photoshop but it does everything I need it to do. For basic graphics stuff there's no point paying for the full version. My copy of elements cost £45 in the UK.
ezekiel 08
Adobe Fireworks!! Been using it for YEARS and not once have I though "Damn, I can't do this, I need Photoshop". Unless you're a real pro and do artwork for a living, you don't need 80% of what Photoshop offers, it's a very large, complicated program and is seriously powerful. For the occasional sig or desktop, Fireworks is MUCH easier to use and has most, if not all, the function you'll need.
bOnEs
photoshop is going online... there's a free program to use for cropping and editing in photoshop... i am not sure how elaborate it is or if it has all the features/elements that your used to seeing with photoshop...

i'd join if i didn't have the photoshop program already... but, here's the link for anyone interested:
https://www.photoshop.com/express/landing.html
Ophis-
On other notes, i found an article on photoshop yday... apparently its comming out for the Wii and works on the system really well!!! What will they think of next!!!!

(i'd link you to the source but you need to be a payed subscriber and i read it on my boss' computer.)
gta 4 clan

yeah if you know how to use it it is an u can pretty much make any thing.i think it is the best.''my opinoin''
ezekiel 08
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Apr 10 2008, 05:31 AM) [snapback]1408309[/snapback]
photoshop is going online... there's a free program to use for cropping and editing in photoshop... i am not sure how elaborate it is or if it has all the features/elements that your used to seeing with photoshop...

i'd join if i didn't have the photoshop program already... but, here's the link for anyone interested:
https://www.photoshop.com/express/landing.html

I read about that... Not sure how it will work, maybe something like YouTube's online video editor? I've looked at that but it's MUCH easier to use Vegas or whatever your into (Final Cut Pro anyone?? lol).
Rup
yes, photoshop is your best option i think.
i'm currently using Photoshop CS

------------

Pez
Photoshop anyday
but takes alot of MB to download, Could slow comp?
otherwise Fireworks is second choice! smile.gif
ezekiel 08
QUOTE(Gangsta™ @ May 15 2008, 02:20 AM) [snapback]1435762[/snapback]
Photoshop anyday

Photoshop is about 800mb to download so it's not that big, but Fireworks is only about 200mb. And also Photoshop uses LOADS of RAM and if you only have 1gb than you will struggle to use multiple filters and effects.

I'm still a fan of Fireworks, it's nice and easy and fast. Very laptop friendly.
Pez
QUOTE(ezekiel 08 @ May 16 2008, 01:30 AM) [snapback]1436520[/snapback]
QUOTE(Gangsta™ @ May 15 2008, 02:20 AM) [snapback]1435762[/snapback]
Photoshop anyday

Photoshop is about 800mb to download so it's not that big, but Fireworks is only about 200mb. And also Photoshop uses LOADS of RAM and if you only have 1gb than you will struggle to use multiple filters and effects.

I'm still a fan of Fireworks, it's nice and easy and fast. Very laptop friendly.

BINGO! i use fireworks CS3 on a laptop tongue.gif
dont use photo shop biggrin.gif
Indy
I use photoshop on my laptop, its the best programme, IMO. Renders pretty fast as well. I didn't get the hang of fireworks, didn't offer enough.
Zeus
I prefer to use photoshop. Best program for it imo.
Ridikul
Photoshop, the best tool for almost all forms of graphic design.
Pez
yeh ano, PS is the best graphic/editing programme!
but... it takes up more memory, slow ur comp down?
so i dont use it tongue.gif
Ridikul
I have 2 GBs of memory so it really isn't a problem. I actually think CS2 uses more memory than CS3.
Indy
I've yet to upgrade to CS3, just haven't had the time.
Ridikul
Well worth the upgrade, I'd say.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.