Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Unique Stunt Jumps PS2 Version
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA Old Gen > GTA Portable
ohman
I am having trouble completing two unique stunt jumps for the PS2 version of Vice City Stories.

First: The jump in the Little Haiti district. You have to jump over the White Stallionz bar. I have leaned forward on the PCJ 600 to gain speed. I have managed to trigger the slow motion scene, but fail the jump all the time. I have tried it several dozen times and I have probably trashed several dozen PCJ 600s. It is driving me nuts.

Second: The jump in the Downtown district on top of King Knutz. I have gotten to the roof top on the PCJ 600, Banshee and Infernus. I have gone back to the far west edge of the roof and even tried curving into the jumpline to gain more speed, yet I keep slamming into the building wall and not landing on top. For the motorcycle I have leaned forward all the way to gain more speed and even tried popping a wheel at the end to flip the motorcycle into the air. Another jump driving me nuts.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif
-spyder-
First it might help a bit leaning back when hitting the ramp so you get more height and on the roof of king knuts I would use a motorbike as its faster and lighter and how do you get up onto the roof because last time I tried I couldent find a way, Im playing the psp version though
killjoy.rujoy?

1)...you do NOT hafta clear the building.I approached this jump with a PCJ but I think a sportscar would do it.Speed from the wall across the street from the run up.I had my back tire rite on the wall;there's a post or jut in the building.Lean for max speed,but stand on the take off.Clear the building directly in front of the stairs(don't bump it with the front tire) and land safely on the roof. smile.gif

2)...I again simply lined up a PCJ back tire rite on the edge of the roof.I also ended up hitting this building.The bike landed on the sidewalk below,but I landed and stayed on a ledge;and was able to walk around the west of the building on it.The jump was successful. biggrin.gif

^^^-spyder-...there's a jump 'round back to the east(jump west) to get across to this rooftop.
ohman
QUOTE(killjoy.rujoy? @ Apr 2 2007, 02:32 AM) [snapback]1316922[/snapback]
1)...you do NOT hafta clear the building.I approached this jump with a PCJ but I think a sportscar would do it.Speed from the wall across the street from the run up.I had my back tire rite on the wall;there's a post or jut in the building.Lean for max speed,but stand on the take off.Clear the building directly in front of the stairs(don't bump it with the front tire) and land safely on the roof. smile.gif

2)...I again simply lined up a PCJ back tire rite on the edge of the roof.I also ended up hitting this building.The bike landed on the sidewalk below,but I landed and stayed on a ledge;and was able to walk around the west of the building on it.The jump was successful. biggrin.gif

^^^-spyder-...there's a jump 'round back to the east(jump west) to get across to this rooftop.

Thanks. I will give those suggestions a try.

QUOTE(-spyder- @ Apr 1 2007, 09:17 PM) [snapback]1316813[/snapback]
First it might help a bit leaning back when hitting the ramp so you get more height and on the roof of king knuts I would use a motorbike as its faster and lighter and how do you get up onto the roof because last time I tried I couldent find a way, Im playing the psp version though

There is a unique stunt jump that gets you up onto the roof. I had a devil of a time accomplishing that one with a motorcycle. You have to start at the stadium. Get as much speed as possible, then cut in. If you have enough speed you land on the roof, otherwise you slam into the building. That is why I used a car. They accelerate faster and at a more constant rate. I didn't have to lean forward or stand up on a motorcycle.
§ynch
QUOTE(ohman @ Apr 5 2007, 03:18 PM) [snapback]1318394[/snapback]
There is a unique stunt jump that gets you up onto the roof. I had a devil of a time accomplishing that one with a motorcycle. You have to start at the stadium. Get as much speed as possible, then cut in. If you have enough speed you land on the roof, otherwise you slam into the building. That is why I used a car. They accelerate faster and at a more constant rate. I didn't have to lean forward or stand up on a motorcycle.
I passed that long run-up one at night first,(No traffic) then went for the rooftop afterwards.
That way it's easier, to concentrate and focus on one goal at a time.
Once you get on the roof (1-3 tries max) the next jump is very easy.
Great fun, as are all the jumps. Some are tricky this time around, such as the two originally mentioned above.
Also it was pretty difficult to find two of them, I was at 34/36. (No map)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.