Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Drive Thru Your Hideout "2"
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA Old Gen > GTA Portable
Korben
Well here goes nothing. I will try to explain this as best I can.

Get yourself a PCJ 600 (I have done this with a couple of the faster cars as well, but a PCJ 600 works best)

Ride up the road coloured in red on the map at high speed (Ie lean forward to make the bike go faster).

As you ride up you will see the business building that you own, but it will not be fully loaded, ie a dark grey square box because yet again, you have outrun the graphics.

Avoid the wall and ride straight at the building. If it has not loaded then you will ride straight into it as Neon™ pointed out in a previous post. Stop inside the building but get to the back of it and wait on your bike. The building will (eventually) load and you will fall into Grey Hell. After the wierd pause you will fall into water, and be able to swim around under the map. you must stick to the edges though as the water does not fully go under the map.

I have been able to get into the inside of most business buildings you can get a half decent run up at, although I have not been able to get into any with water underneath as yet.

IPB Image

Just one other thing to note. You have to get the the back of this building to be able to fall into the water. If you don't and miss the water you will fall into nothing before it re-spawns you in...... The Mall. Strange or what. If that happens you will have to reload as the game does not recognise you being in The Mall so it will not give you the blue arrows to get out.

Thanks

Korben
Vertical
cool

how about some pics though.. clap.gif
Korben
Tried to get a few pictures, but nothing that looked good. As its all inside out everything looks strange and you can't really get a good clear picture. I will give it a try though, so watch this space.
HB~Sauce
Yeah, its fairly harder to get a descent picture off of the PSP, I'll try this strategy tomorrow, see if anything good happens.
Neon™
When I first did the "through the building" i was put outside on a road, so I had the thought that maybe if I did this at one near water I'd be put in the water...but I was thinking it'd just drop me out in the ocean so far that I couldn't swim back before dying, so I never tried it.

Awesome find.

So do you have a stamina meter in the water? Or is it grey hell where you can "swim" forever?
new major on the block
I wonder if it will work on vice city for the PS2?
HB~Sauce
QUOTE(new major on the block @ Jan 13 2007, 04:28 PM) [snapback]1283880[/snapback]

We will never know because there will not be a port to the PS2. Rockstar said that they were gearing up for the making of GTA 4.... sad.gif
Korben
Here are a selection of pictures. Strange stuff, and looks weird. Sorry they are not better quality.

IPB Image

IPB Image

The above picture shows the underneath of a building.

IPB Image

The above picture shows the underneath of the mall

IPB Image

The above picture is Victor standing on a piece of land that over lapped inside the map

IPB Image

This above picture is actually underneath the beach. You can swim under the beach for a long way.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Neon, to answer your question I only discovered this after I got 100% so the stamina meter is not included in the game anymore. I guess it probably does though, so I would only attempt this after you get 100% if you want a good look around.

Also Neon, Im glad someone thinks this is an Awesome find. I was dissapointed with the lack of interest in this to begin with. I have found a way to view Gray Hell without cheats and without dying instantly or being put back in the normal map. I thought this would be a great find people would rave about!! I guess this game is not as popular as I thought it would be. I got more messages from finding a vibrator on a gravestone in LCS!!!

new major on the block
QUOTE(tourdepain @ Jan 14 2007, 06:41 AM) [snapback]1284084[/snapback]

QUOTE(new major on the block @ Jan 13 2007, 04:28 PM) [snapback]1283880[/snapback]

We will never know because there will not be a port to the PS2. Rockstar said that they were gearing up for the making of GTA 4.... sad.gif

That sucks that they won't make VCS for the PS2, but what I meant was I wonder if the same thing could be accomplished on the game VC not VCS.
Korben
QUOTE(new major on the block @ Jan 15 2007, 02:49 AM) [snapback]1284606[/snapback]

QUOTE(tourdepain @ Jan 14 2007, 06:41 AM) [snapback]1284084[/snapback]

That sucks that they won't make VCS for the PS2, but what I meant was I wonder if the same thing could be accomplished on the game VC not VCS.

I don't think it would work in VC. You could only do this with the buildings that you own. In VC even if the building graphics had not loaded you still had an invisible wall that would always stop you. Shame though.
HB~Sauce
Plus they are "technically" different games, so you can't expect the same thing in each game. (Plus one was made in 2002)
Korben
Hi All

I have found another building that drops you into the water.

Have a look at the pitcure. The red cross marks the spot.

IPB Image

Again, you have to get to the back of the building so it drops you in the water.

Something else I am trying. I want to be able to fly a Little Willy into a building before it loads, so you could actually fly around in Grey Hell.

I have only managed to get into one building so far, but I was going that fast, I simply flew out the other end. I have also managed to get half in when a building loaded. It dropped me outside on the road, then I heard a loud explosion as the Little Willy blew up.

I am not sure if this will even work but its something for you all to try if you are bored.

EDIT: Just had another idea. I am wondering if their is anywhere on the map where you could jump a Jet Ski into a unloaded building allowing you to ride a jetski around in Grey Hell. Again, just an idea.

Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.