Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Did any of you like the disco station(Paradise FM)?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA Old Gen > GTA Portable
Robert Lynch
Just curious to know if it is twice as better as Fever 105...
HB~Sauce
No, I thought Fever 105 was better.
Tyla
Yeah, i thought Fever was better too. But Paradise has some good tunes also.
Robert Lynch
Was the real problem because all of the songs from the disco station sounded the same?
HB~Sauce
Yeah, it was the main problem. Fever 105 I could tell the difference, but with Paradise, I can't.
Robert Lynch
I was expecting a lot of well known disco songs from the late 70s-early 80s decade, but the only song I know is Sister Sledge's Lost In Music. You know, Donna Summer, Cheryl Lynn, The Brothers Johnson, The Isley Brothers, The Gap Band etc..but I guess that sounds a bit un disco and more funk. Did the station ever had a DJ at all?
Robert Lynch
Guess not...
Manjinken
there was a disco station?

disco blows dogs for quarters man!
Robert Lynch
Ooookay......
Stan Petrov
Personally didnt enjoy it.
Robert Lynch
Nice to hear from you, Stan, and thanks for the response....it seems like I was hesitant about Rockstar's selection, though.
Neon™
I love the concept, since disco music is so energetic, I just don't think that disco and dance and club music of the 1980's was represented well in VCS.

In 1984, which is when VCS is set, America was fresh out of the disco sensations of the 70s, and I know as a fact that there were still several disco groups around.

The disco station should have included more classics like the other stations did.
Robert Lynch
The reason is that in 1984, nobody was listening to disco anymore. It was either Hi-NRG, New Wave, alternative, pop rock, hair metal, hip hop, etc. Hell, even children of the 80s would rather die than listen to another disco song ever. Disco wasn't in and it faded quickly with more of the 70s disco artists as well as early disco 80s artist due to the changing of the times. It is just that once the 70s decade is over, major 70s artists either have to evolve or devolve. Didn't work well for ELO or (gasp) Robert Plant. But some do work well: Bruce Springsteen, Blondie, Rick James, Teena Marie, The Rolling Stones, etc.
Vertical
QUOTE(Robert Lynch @ Dec 1 2006, 09:07 PM) [snapback]1265536[/snapback]

The reason is that in 1984, nobody was listening to disco anymore. It was either Hi-NRG, New Wave, alternative, pop rock, hair metal, hip hop, etc. Hell, even children of the 80s would rather die than listen to another disco song ever. Disco wasn't in and it faded quickly with more of the 70s disco artists as well as early disco 80s artist due to the changing of the times. It is just that once the 70s decade is over, major 70s artists either have to evolve or devolve. Didn't work well for ELO or (gasp) Robert Plant. But some do work well: Bruce Springsteen, Blondie, Rick James, Teena Marie, The Rolling Stones, etc.

thanks for the history lesson
Handsome B Wonderful
QUOTE(Robert Lynch @ Dec 2 2006, 07:07 AM) [snapback]1265536[/snapback]

Michael Jackon and Genesis are 2 more artists who managed to follow up from their success in the 70's. There are probably some more that i have forgotten about. Like you said, most artists evolved (Jacko from disco to pop, and Genesis from prog-rock to electro pop-rock?).

On the subject of Jacko and disco, i think a tune from "Off The Wall" should have been included on Paradise. IMO, it's probably the best disco album ever, as it had very little added cheese. I guess R* didn't want to include him, possibly because of his trial and what not. Of course, Judas Priest is featured on VRock, and Dave Holland, their drummer during that period, was recently convicted of molesting a disabled teenager. So i hope there was another reason for leaving him out.
Robert Lynch
Off The Wall was a five star album and was the biggest seller ever in late 1979-early 1980. By that time, it solidfied Michael Jackson as The King of Pop. So, it wouldn't have been a problem indeed. The perfect generalization of 80s Dance music then and now. Big Quincey Jones production. Great solos from 70s artists like Paul McCartney, Stevie Wonder, etc. You name it.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.