Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ICE CREAM/DRUG MISSIONS
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA Old Gen > GTA 3D > Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
RAHUL
Right I got a problem. I have done over 160 ice cream deals, HOWEVER the figure for "drug deals" is on 44!! Each time do deals (usually 30 in a row) my drug deals figure remains at 44!! Why is this??

I did get a dodgy copy of the game and also the audio in the missions briefing cannot be heard, other audio like sound effects, and car radio work perfectly fine.

Can anyone tell me why is my drug deals stuck at 44??
§ynch
QUOTE(RAHUL @ Aug 9 2006, 03:00 PM) [snapback]1214344[/snapback]

Right I got a problem. I have done over 160 ice cream deals, HOWEVER the figure for "drug deals" is on 44!! Each time do deals (usually 30 in a row) my drug deals figure remains at 44!! Why is this??

I did get a dodgy copy of the game and also the audio in the missions briefing cannot be heard, other audio like sound effects, and car radio work perfectly fine.

Can anyone tell me why is my drug deals stuck at 44??
Memory card previous saves, cheats, could be anything we don't know of previous circumstances.

I do know that if on a PS2, with multiple saves, many of the R3 missions stats will bleed through.
This means that on a 'new game', it will show for example Vigilante missions done at 97, etc.
It does not mean the new game has accomplished Vigilante.

Do you understand this?
It's bleeding through from a previous 100% game, on new game stats.

Perhaps your memory card is corrupted, seeing another save, etc.

If you cannot pass the Cherry Poppers mission after selling 50 times,
there is a definite problem. (It only takes 50 sales to acquire the asset)
RAHUL
Im playing it on a PC. When I clocked the game 100% that was like 18months ago. Since then my PC was reformatted and the game was obviously deleated. Now I had downloaded a version of Limewire - this maybe the cause of the problem., but heck knows.
§ynch
QUOTE(RAHUL @ Aug 10 2006, 02:56 PM) [snapback]1214854[/snapback]

Im playing it on a PC. When I clocked the game 100% that was like 18months ago. Since then my PC was reformatted and the game was obviously deleated. Now I had downloaded a version of Limewire - this maybe the cause of the problem., but heck knows.
Interesting. Downloaded version *from* Limewire?
I always use my discs when playing VC or GTAlll on PC.
You could find a used PC copy relatively cheap. Good luck, hope you get fixed. smile.gif

PS: Don't save at Cherry Poppers. wink.gif
6 shooter
QUOTE(§ynchronizer @ Aug 12 2006, 12:48 AM) [snapback]1215308[/snapback]

Why not? Does it do anything?
§ynch
QUOTE(6 shooter @ Aug 21 2006, 11:46 PM) [snapback]1220568[/snapback]

QUOTE(§ynchronizer @ Aug 12 2006, 12:48 AM) [snapback]1215308[/snapback]

Why not? Does it do anything?

It was one of the few *official* bugs that
I found out about on my first play-through.
I never volunteered to test it.....just avoid it.

I looked it up for info:
====================

The Bug: Cherry Poppers Ice Cream Factory Glitch

This is one of the game's few bad glitches, and you should take care to not
come into contact with it. It is simple to avoid, because on some copies of the game,
not all, but some, saving at the Cherry Popper's Ice Cream factory can corrupt your game's
save file. If it is corrupted, the file cannot be opened, and the data within it will be lost.
Just to be safe, don't save there!

========================

Source: IGN Bug Report

6 shooter
OK, so this glitch apparently doesn't apply to my copy of GTA VC, cause I remember saving my game at the Ice Cream Factory a number of times.
RhymeCraft
how long until I get to sell "Ice Cream"? I'm on the first mission of that fat nigga when you get to starfish island. I have to tell you I just got this game today and the camera fucking sucks ass.
new major on the block
QUOTE(6 shooter @ Aug 25 2006, 07:46 AM) [snapback]1221833[/snapback]

OK, so this glitch apparently doesn't apply to my copy of GTA VC, cause I remember saving my game at the Ice Cream Factory a number of times.

Same here too. I usually start out from there steal a bike, ride to the boat docks for some money,then over to the car lot for some more money pickup, then to the money print for more cash, followed by Kaufman cabs money, up to the movie studio for more money. Down to get the Club Malibu money, then to the strip club for some fast cash, head back north and make the jump over the river and head over to the mansion for the ten thousand or so that is there. And lastly back to the Ice cream shop for its cash and save. Never had a problem ever and I have owned that game since it came out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.