Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: slash tv
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA Old Gen > GTA Portable
MR. SKYYSTONE
i am having trouble with slash tv !! does anyone have any tips to get thru this ?? i really appreci8 it !!!

thanx !!
Korben
QUOTE(MR. SKYYSTONE @ Jul 24 2006, 01:42 PM) [snapback]1201906[/snapback]

i am having trouble with slash tv !! does anyone have any tips to get thru this ?? i really appreci8 it !!!

thanx !!

Use a weapon that will kill people with one shot, ie shotgun, or magnum. Use the boxes in there to your advantage, by just running round them. They will run into them instead of running round them which will give you a bit of distance between them.

To complete it I just kept running from right to left and back again dodging round the boxes. When I go to the end, I would spin round, target, fire, target, fire, target, fire. You will always get at least two people, and if you have managed to use the boxes correctly you can sometimes get five or six of them.

My only other tip. If you see someone running up to you, and you are uncertain that you can get a shot off before the reach you, don't risk it. Run away, get some distance, and go for it again.

Hope this helps. Also, just to make you feel better, as well as the mission I think you need to complete three sets of this. In the last set, if I remember correctly they running at you in chicken suits.
UTSBlaze
Yeh run and try and position yourself in hard to reach position , the boxes help there , waste a few on comers then sprint to another corner of the boat , then repeat the last stage and carry on doing that , or use a minigun but I used a magnum and as long as your weapon kills the enemy quickly use that weapon wink.gif.
killjoy.rujoy?
What I recommend is using your radar to target and shoot the enemy before they even come into view.Stand at the back wall in the middle on top of the divider thingy and just turn from side to side as your radar indicates an enemy...target and shoot without even seeing him and the blip will disappear clap.gif .I found the best gun is the one you get for completing all the rampages(like a mini-gun I think)...but a 1 shot gun is the way thumbup.gif .You may still have to look for the odd ememy that gets stuck in boxes,but this really thins them out,so at the end of the mission you won't be being chased by too many. ph34r.gif
Handsome B Wonderful
Another thing i found that made Slash TV easier was to keep jumping when running away from the enemy. You cover more ground, and have more time to compose yourself before shooting away.

Also, when you pass a round, stand outside one of the entrances, and blast the new guy as he comes out.
grimface1987
also, if you do the ambulance missions first, you get unlimited sprint which really helps!
SlickCriminal92
Use a good weapon like an mp5,magnum,ak,or m4 a good auto aim weapon, and also the goons will pile up against the boxes if you run near them, and also if you can't sprint long enough just tap the X button alot and you will be able to sprint MUCH longer.
GTA_CJ
If none of this works you could try using a flame thrower. Make it easier by doing the fireproof missions. And you should also do the noodles and pizza missions for more health and vigilante for more armour, this will help you take more hits.
DiO
i think u only have to do it twice. the second time is harder. the chicken suit guys are tougher. but once you beat it u unlock the chicken suit. so u can run around in it and massacre people too
KingOfSanAndreas
yea use edison carters trainer...
§ynch
QUOTE(Destruction-Overdrive @ Aug 1 2006, 12:44 PM) [snapback]1209625[/snapback]

i think u only have to do it twice. the second time is harder. the chicken suit guys are tougher.
I keep reading that on the PSP 100% requirements - 3 times, 2 times.

On the PS2, I saved it for when I was at 98%, nothing else to do except Slash TV and the last mission for Sal.

I beat the first "Level 5" of Slash TV with the Colt, and left. 99%. Reward is the Mini-Gun.
Did the last Sal mission, 100%.....
I had thought of using molotovs or the highly under-rated sawnoff shotgun.

Then on my second play-through of LCS on PS2, I did the exact same thing.
Using the Colt, keeping an eye on the HUD/radar for where the guys were coming from.
From 98%, did the first "Level 5" and there it was again, 99%.
Last Sal mission, 100% ....

So regardless of the 100% lists I read, no more than the first Level 5 is required on PS2.

For fun, as well as the LCS FAQ for PS2 I'm writing, I went to do Slash TV after 100% completion
to see about the rewards. Sure enough, the second time with the Cox Mascot guys is tougher,
so I stayed by the boxes and just lobbed molotovs. Using the same concept of eyeing the HUD/radar,
seeing where they're coming from, and surrounding everything on fire.
Got the RPG and the Cox Mascot suit.

Agreed, those big chickens are much tougher.
I also agree with the poster who gave advice for the firefighter mission,
as well as the health delivery missions Noodle Punk and Pizzaboy.

The hidden packages can only help you build up ammo for the Colt, since there is only
the one spawn at the SSV airport, Francis International.

I've only heard from one friend who used the sawnoff, he said he was surprised
how well it worked.

I would think think those boxes are arranged they way they are *for a reason*...
They block the enemy, as well as provide a wall for fire to build up.
(Fire goes through walls in all the GTA Games, where bullets, etc. do not)
HB~Sauce
So in the PS2 version you only have to do Slash TV once?

As for weapons, I used the M4 and regular shotgun.
Korben
QUOTE(tourdepain @ Aug 3 2006, 03:28 AM) [snapback]1210837[/snapback]

No Mate. You still have to do it three times.
§ynch
QUOTE(Korben @ Aug 3 2006, 03:23 AM) [snapback]1210969[/snapback]

QUOTE(tourdepain @ Aug 3 2006, 03:28 AM) [snapback]1210837[/snapback]

No Mate. You still have to do it three times.

I just explained that in BOTH my 100% games in LCS for PS2,
Slash TV was done once, for the 100% completion.

Level 1-5, one time.

I saved it for 98%, did it once, for 99%.
Went into the last storyline mission for Sal, for 100%.

You only need to do it once for PS2.

HB~Sauce
Alright, thats all I needed to know.
nealmac
You need to do it twice for 100%. On the PS2. Once against the normal guys, as a story mission, and once against the cox mascots as a side mission.
thecolster123
i run around in circles, and make sure every1 is behind me, and then turn around and use tht big heavy deagle type gun thing on em... then continue running around in circles, and make sure every1 is behind me, and then turn around and use tht big heavy deagle type gun thing on em... then continue running around in circles, and make sure every1 is behind me, and then turn around and use tht big heavy deagle type gun thing on em...
§ynch
QUOTE(nealmac @ Sep 12 2006, 08:11 AM) [snapback]1229917[/snapback]

You need to do it twice for 100%. On the PS2. Once against the normal guys, as a story mission, and once against the cox mascots as a side mission.
If that's what you mean by twice.
The storyline mission is the Chainsaw Masquerade.

The reason I point out *once* is because people are carrying over the PSP FAQ data to the PS2 FAQ.
I made sure the one that I have written for the PS2 states once. Storylines are a given.
nealmac
Fair enough then. I was just clarifying that one of them was a storyline mission, and one was a side mission.
Im an Easter Egg
I get into one corner of the room and use the sawn-off shotgun (or stubby shotgun, whatever u call it) and gun them down. You can also use a Katana and remote grenades work wonders. If you have troubles getting away then also jumping. Jumpy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.