Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whats with the hate for this game?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA Old Gen > GTA Portable
NTC187
Why does it seem most people are intent on hating this game? The game is better than GTA3.

The only thing I can remember you doing that you cant do in LCS is flying, although the GTA3 flying technique was near impossible to do.

heres the better things about LCS than GTA3.

- Main character has an actual identity and can speak.
- You can ride motorcycles.
- Run with bigger weapons, such as a rocket launcer, shot gun etc.
- Change clothes.
- The game is longer, including side missions, hidden packages etc.
- Better graphics.
- Better looking and all round better cars.
- Much better and greater choice of music.
- Actual safehouses, each with different unique interior.
- Better and greater selection of weapons.
- It only costs $20 (US), $44 (AUD)
- Better story line and missions, theres no expected twist (as with the last 3 GTA's).

The only thing that put me off this game was that I was already used to the city, and basically was bored of it before playing it, but apart from that, this game is far better than GTA3.
Korben
I can only agree with your statement.

I suspect most people were expecting more from the game, along the lines of San Andreas. It was never going to be that, especially at £17.99. Man that is cheap for the amount of game time you get. When you consider the programming and the voice actors, and all the other overheads, I suspect they have not made too much money on this. Still a lot, but not as much as they could have.

I agree the story line is great. A few people have not liked the story line, but personally I liked it. With Ma's hitmen coming to kill you on a regular basis it kept me on my toes, and I found it seriously funny at times.

All the side missions were great as well. For some reason which I can't explain I found the Trash dash good fun, and they really challenged your skills with the placement of the hidden packages. The one on top of the fuel station was a bitch to reach.

When VC came out, and Bikes were introduced I thought how great it would be to ride round Liberty City on a PCJ 600, and now I know, yes it is great.

I bought a PSP specifically because of this game and I am glad I did. When it came out on PS2, I made sure I had it reserved for me to buy, and I am playing it now. I have even restarted playing it my PSP I enjoy it that much.

People have had a go because it is not better than San Andreas. What where they expecting. I think the value for money is awesome, and even after playing it on PSP, I would still have paid the normal higher price for it on the PS2.

Even though it was the same City, I found I was using certain areas alot more simply because of the way they had laid out the missions/side missions.

Great game. I can't wait for VCS.
HB~Sauce
Yeah, everybody seems to have a hatred for this game, I don't know why. I liked the introduction of Trash Dash and Avenging Angel missions, plus the return of adrenalin and health power ups.
gtafan2005
Hey you guys want a good laugh at the socalled Cheap shop 'Morrisons' Supermarket? I went to buy the game, I had saw it in other shops at £18. I thought it would be really cheap in Morrisons. I got there, looked for about an hour on the shelves and finally found it. it was behind Driver Parell Lines. I got it and looked at the price tag. I almost shit myself. £32.99. I went to Woolworths and bought it for £17.99 thats how cheap supermarkets are with games. Out of order if you ask me. They should be sued by...Tony blair biggrin.gif
Toge
I'm going to buy LCS today, so then I can judge if it has something on GTA 3 (wich so far has been my fav. GTA game). How was the GTA 3 flying technique nearly impossible to master though? I flew that shit for about 2 hours straight, while listning to new albums I bought (that was years ago).
Un-Amurikan Bastage
How? I couldn't fly for more than a few seconds...I couldn't get from the end of the runway to Staunton Island most times. I got to the very first road once, but never again...
Toge
QUOTE(Un-Amärikin Bastard @ Jul 19 2006, 08:25 AM) [snapback]1198251[/snapback]

How? I couldn't fly for more than a few seconds...I couldn't get from the end of the runway to Staunton Island most times. I got to the very first road once, but never again...

Takes alot practice.

Best route is to circle around the map, avoid unique stunts.
SKARFACE
I think LCS is good, It brings back good memories of GTA3. Why do people hate it? I dont know because they expect another SA probably
Mzeppelin
QUOTE(DETROIT187 @ Jul 12 2006, 04:01 PM) [snapback]1194382[/snapback]

Why does it seem most people are intent on hating this game? The game is better than GTA3.

The only thing I can remember you doing that you cant do in LCS is flying, although the GTA3 flying technique was near impossible to do.

heres the better things about LCS than GTA3.

- Main character has an actual identity and can speak.
- You can ride motorcycles.
- Run with bigger weapons, such as a rocket launcer, shot gun etc.
- Change clothes.
- The game is longer, including side missions, hidden packages etc.
- Better graphics.
- Better looking and all round better cars.
- Much better and greater choice of music.
- Actual safehouses, each with different unique interior.
- Better and greater selection of weapons.
- It only costs $20 (US), $44 (AUD)
- Better story line and missions, theres no expected twist (as with the last 3 GTA's).

The only thing that put me off this game was that I was already used to the city, and basically was bored of it before playing it, but apart from that, this game is far better than GTA3.

Damn right! I actually like this better than any other GTA, mostly because of the location and stuff.. plus it looks better than the Liberty City in 3.
NTC187
The game is way better than GTA3, its ludacrous to hear anyone suggest otherwise. I think those doubters need to go back and play GTA3 and see just how lame it is compared to Liberty City Stories.
Toge
Well, I've got the game now and yes, it's great.

No matter how simplistic they make a GTA game (from SA to LCS), it's still enjoyable to play. Gotta love it.
SlickCriminal92
I love LCS great game, but I don't understand why some websites like ign gave this game a 8.0/10.0 sad.gif
SKARFACE
I just beat it today. It was pretty short but I enjoyed it. The last mission dissapointed me a little because I thought it was too easy. I beat it and still had about half armor left. But thats because at the light House, The guy crouched behind the fuckin box and I couldnt shoot him, So I ran up on him and got shot. Why can everyone in this game crouch except you. It would have been nice to crouch on a lot of occasions...
UTSBlaze
QUOTE(Ray-Bizzle @ Jul 21 2006, 07:59 PM) [snapback]1199584[/snapback]

I just beat it today. It was pretty short but I enjoyed it. The last mission dissapointed me a little because I thought it was too easy. I beat it and still had about half armor left. But thats because at the light House, The guy crouched behind the fuckin box and I couldnt shoot him, So I ran up on him and got shot. Why can everyone in this game crouch except you. It would have been nice to crouch on a lot of occasions...

I totally agree thumbup.gif .
SKARFACE
i diead a bunch of times because no crouching, I just stand there and get shot. Crouching was a good feature in VC and SA
SlickCriminal92
QUOTE ray bizzle/ I thought it was too easy. I beat it and still had about half armor left. But thats because at the light House, The guy crouched behind the fuckin box and I couldnt shoot him, So I ran up on him and got shot.

Ah I hated that guy. he had an m4 right? that dude killed salvatore then he kiled me when I tried to rush him, then I brought some grenades at annumation and I blew his ass into the sea. roll2.gif
NTC187
Yeah I met the same fate as you 2, ran into the guy and wasted most of my health, I tried chucking grenades at him but I couldnt hit him, so I just rushed him and got shot the fuck up. I passed the mission first shot though, the ending is ghey.
House
Well I have this for PSP so I guess it made it better because there are a few hacks where you can fly perfectly.

Story line was a bit good, but not perfect like you said NTC the ending is gay, the reason why this game is hated because it's almost two steps down from San Andreas.
UTSBlaze
The game had high spectations for the PSP (very high) so as soon as this was announced for the PS2 LCS again had high spectations (climbing , swimming , flying etc..) although it was a straight port from the PSP so as soon as none of this was included the game got boo'd as the game didnt live up to their high spectations and they didnt see the good points of the game.
House
Who ever thought there were going to major differences....you are all complete idiots, Edision will find a way to restore all the chets.
Toge
QUOTE(UTSBlaze @ Jul 21 2006, 10:42 PM) [snapback]1199599[/snapback]

QUOTE(Ray-Bizzle @ Jul 21 2006, 07:59 PM) [snapback]1199584[/snapback]

It would have been nice to crouch on a lot of occasions...

I totally agree thumbup.gif .

QFT.

I also miss the possibility to move, when you've locked yourself on an enemy.
SKARFACE
I hated that guy behind the box, You couldn't shoot him unless you ran up on him. The ending was pretty gay though. But it was a good game.
JustCuz
R* made LCS so GTA fans dont "walk away" from GTA while waiting for GTA 4 the sam as the release of VCS if GTA 4 was released sooner (like march 2007) they prolly wouldnt be making VCS. im glad the made LCS and are making VCS. im keeping my psp till the release of VCS and beating it then selling it and geting a ps3 or xbox 360. so i dont see why people hate it. it was made on a handheld system how could you imagine it being like SA? some people are idiots
NTC187
^^
They made LCS & VCS for PSP, not as a means to keep interest in the series, they know no one would lose interest in this series.
HB~Sauce
QUOTE(GTA-MAN @ Jul 23 2006, 08:02 PM) [snapback]1201711[/snapback]

R* made LCS so GTA fans dont "walk away" from GTA while waiting for GTA 4 the sam as the release of VCS if GTA 4 was released sooner (like march 2007) they prolly wouldnt be making VCS. im glad the made LCS and are making VCS. im keeping my psp till the release of VCS and beating it then selling it and geting a ps3 or xbox 360. so i dont see why people hate it. it was made on a handheld system how could you imagine it being like SA? some people are idiots

I totally agree. I am amazed that they put so much stuff in that little UMD, and it didn't go belly up like GTA: Advance did.
grimface1987
and i liked that you could go back to st. marks after beating the game!
SKARFACE
Yeah, You wont get blown up like you would in GTA3
DuPz0r
LCS is a brilliant game no matter how small in scale it is. The gameplay is near perfect for enjoyment, just like any other gta. And the story is still really fun to play through.
HB~Sauce
QUOTE(DuPz0r™ @ Jul 28 2006, 07:05 AM) [snapback]1205906[/snapback]

LCS is a brilliant game no matter how small in scale it is. The gameplay is near perfect for enjoyment, just like any other gta. And the story is still really fun to play through.

Like GTA 3, but with a couple more improvements and a lesser impact upon gamers.

I hate how some people don't even acknowledge this game as a real-GTA. SA loving LCS haters...
Korben
I can't believe how much this game is getting slaughtered now that details have emerged about VCS. Don't get me wrong I cannot wait for VCS, but the amount of people coming out with:

"I heard bad things about LCS so I did not buy it, but VCS sounds awesome"

"People told me LCS was sh*t but VCS sounds so much better"

"I did not buy a PSP because people told me LCS was rubbish, but I am buying one now VCS is coming out"

MY GOD IF PEOPLE TOLD THEM ELVIS HAD BEEN FOUND ALIVE THEY WOULD PROBABLY BELIEVE THAT ASWELL!!!

I will be honest, I heard that the LCS graphics and gameplay were not great, but I still spent £200 quid on a PSP gigapack and £30 on the game the day it came out. Yes the graphics are not perfect, but its on a HAND HELD console for Gods sake, what were you expecting. Personally for the size of the PSP and the capabilities of the UMD's storage I think what the have managed is beyond belief!!

Anyway thats my rant over.
HB~Sauce
QUOTE(Korben @ Aug 3 2006, 12:15 AM) [snapback]1210947[/snapback]

I can't believe how much this game is getting slaughtered now that details have emerged about VCS. Don't get me wrong I cannot wait for VCS, but the amount of people coming out with:

"I heard bad things about LCS so I did not buy it, but VCS sounds awesome"

"People told me LCS was sh*t but VCS sounds so much better"

"I did not buy a PSP because people told me LCS was rubbish, but I am buying one now VCS is coming out"

MY GOD IF PEOPLE TOLD THEM ELVIS HAD BEEN FOUND ALIVE THEY WOULD PROBABLY BELIEVE THAT ASWELL!!!

I will be honest, I heard that the LCS graphics and gameplay were not great, but I still spent £200 quid on a PSP gigapack and £30 on the game the day it came out. Yes the graphics are not perfect, but its on a HAND HELD console for Gods sake, what were you expecting. Personally for the size of the PSP and the capabilities of the UMD's storage I think what the have managed is beyond belief!!

Anyway thats my rant over.

Yeah it is pretty unbelievable that they put a full fledged GTA into your hand, and now they are gonna make handheld GTA even more owning...
RhymeCraft
I got a PSP just for VCS but I didn't know about LCS until it came out on PS2.

(I just started playing GTA around dec. 2005 when I got the special edition SA after renting the original one I thought the Spec. one would have some new shit... I rented Vice City before but I had no idea how to play and was just running around killing people until I had to return it to blockbuster... I didn't even know about GTA 3 and Liberty City until I came to this website)
HB~Sauce
Yeah LCS is a very good game, one of the best for PSP's so far. Welcome to the forums and a hint of advice is not to post on topics a couple weeks/ to a month old.
SlickCriminal92
^ Yeah I got banned from 1 form, for posting in old threads. I used to play LCS alot but now I play scarface which is way better. (no fanboyism)
Darth Sexy
I enjoyed LCS, my only real criticisms are that the missions were too easy, and that the ending mission was comletely irrelevant to the rest of the storyline. I'd have rathered the last mission had something to do with the Sindacco/Forelli feud.
SlickCriminal92
The missions are always to easy. Even though I did run into some trouble on a few missions, all I needed was a sniper rifle and body armor in order to get the job done. The side missions such as ambulance,taxi etc are harder but only because I don't have the patience to do those! Why did they put taxi,ambulance missions in GTA games anyway? Your suppost to kill and carjack, not drive people around town and saving them!
§ynch
QUOTE(Huntsky @ Nov 6 2006, 06:32 PM) [snapback]1254867[/snapback]

The missions are always to easy. Even though I did run into some trouble on a few missions, all I needed was a sniper rifle and body armor in order to get the job done. The side missions such as ambulance,taxi etc are harder but only because I don't have the patience to do those! Why did they put taxi,ambulance missions in GTA games anyway? Your suppost to kill and carjack, not drive people around town and saving them!
The R3 missions are what I like to call utility boost missions. Kind of.
I've always gone for them first, due to their rewards. Always.
Mainly health and armor, but I for one have never had a problem with Taxi missions,
where everyone I know hates them. I guess it's a patience/experience/longevity thing.
It may take me longer to finish a game, but it will be without ever dying, and for the 100%.
LCS was so easy, both times I played through it I completely finished both at 100%.
HB~Sauce
Yeah, Rockstar learned from the real simplistic missions in LCS, and they made better and more console-like missions for VCS.
EAT L4YER CAKE
To be honest, i wasn't expecting a great deal of true GTA gaming on PSP or PS2 after San Andreas. These are just 'expansion packs' imo and just to tied you over.

I am currently playing through LCs, as i sold my PSP before christmas, for some quick cash. It came out for PS2 so i snapped it up. I think it is decent. It keeps you busy at least.
Koala-Fire
well my fuckin PSP was stolen days before the release of VCS so I never got to play it, I found the dude that stole it and kicked his ass like he kidnapped my momma but it was too late my PSP was gone to who knows where. I never got to play VCS even after it's release on PS2, I don't usually buy games last game I bought was san andreas in december 2005, and everytime I went to blockbuster some stupid fuck already rented the last one out. My uncle bought me LCS (he's one of those gamer niggas, his daddy is indian but he looks like a straight up black dude nappy hair dark skin and everything lmao) for ps2 then a few months later I bought a psp and it got stolen.

I wanna play VCS sooooo fucking bad now though

LCS was crack this is like my 4th or 5th time beating it tho I don't strive for %100 because there's no way I could beat the ambulance and the noodle delivery unless I get a fucking flying faggio or something every 2 seconds I get knocked off the scooter by some idiot ped.

and yea that dude behind the box on the island on the last mission was a pain in the ass, I forgot what I did to beat him tho I figured him out I know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.