Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: South Sydney Crime Wave
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > General Discussion
House
Man there has been a huge increase in Crime I'm not used to shootings because guns are almost impossible to get your hands on, I'm used to seeing people get stabbed and stuff. Another guy was shot at Fairfield, from the top of my head at least 11 people have died recently through gun violence, I don't know about the rest of you guys but I'm too scared to go outside.

Have your say on this.
NTC187
Yeah down here we had somthing like 7 major stabbings over 5 days a few weeks back. Some cunt got speared up there last night I heard. But this shit has been going on since forever, and there are probally 100's of other stabbings and shooting here everyday, you just dont hear about them on the news.
megabot
lol, yeah the guy who got speared was funny. its still very safe unless you live in a poor area.

btw, DETROIT187, why are called detriot if you live in melbourne?
House
QUOTE(DETROIT187 @ Apr 10 2006, 06:45 PM) [snapback]1130747[/snapback]

Yeah down here we had somthing like 7 major stabbings over 5 days a few weeks back. Some cunt got speared up there last night I heard. But this shit has been going on since forever, and there are probally 100's of other stabbings and shooting here everyday, you just dont hear about them on the news.

Yeah there has been atleast 30+ this month but no one was injured or killed and Megabot it could possibly be because he supports the Detroit Pistons.
Obama
u live in australia rite cause guns are easy as crap to get hold of legally and illegaly but im used to living in the ghetto lol
cuda is your boi
Sounds like every day in Lisbon... jus the other day, they caught some people with loads of guns, I mean, Assault Rifles, Snipers, Handguns, you name it.

And they lived just 150 meters from me...
BULLETZ144
your afraid to leave home? it cant be that bad, in america people die every few minutes from gun voilence.
FailSafe
Meh nothing that bad around here a man got stabbed to death in chatam last sunday made front page news on the local news and papers but probably the most worst thing is in the alley way which leads to my road the was a stabbing and just to think i was acualy walking to the shop when i saw all the ambulances come by, but that was about 6 months ago.
gingergenius
come to london and get stabbed. and have your phone taken.

youre 10x more likely to get mugged in london than new york mad.gif
Fido 14
QUOTE(gingergenius @ Apr 10 2006, 07:03 PM) [snapback]1131069[/snapback]

Compare New York crime statistics with London crime statistics and you'll see that you're wrong.
House
Shootings are a whole new thing to me they only happen atleast 3 times a month, I'm used to stabbings I don't want to leave home because there are a couple of guys 7 houses away who regualary shooting things luckily it wasn't some one.

Keep in mind Australia is like a giant pussy......so I'm not used to shootings.
tom.com
hmm i think you should go out and punch them in the face and then spit on their mum and then get their guyn and shoot them in the head and then shoot the police and start a 1 man riot. sounds good ?
House
I guess it could work....
Marriner
Shits not good down hear aswell. (Melbourne). Some guy got stabed in an inner suburb of Melbourne recently (Saturday nigh/Sunday morning), plus some priest got kidnapped and assulted in an country town of Victoria on Monday, plus as Detorit said, we had over 10 stabbings in one week which involved in 2 fatilties. Plus a guy got stabbed to death at my local McDonalds a couple of months ago.
House
laugh.gif I know shit happens every now and then in moderation where im from, so it caught me off gaurd, since I consider Australia to be one of the pussiest countries in the world.
Obama
lol did anyone just see on tv the cops just raided a house in campbellfield (in melbourne) and they found like 20 ak-47s and loads of drugs
Un-Amurikan Bastage
This is a perfect time and example to promote legalization of firearms...but I don't want to have that argument again...
NTC187
QUOTE(megabot @ Apr 10 2006, 09:25 AM) [snapback]1130750[/snapback]

btw, DETROIT187, why are called detriot if you live in melbourne?

You're not serious are you? One look at my sig/avatar would answer that for you.
Napolean
its safe around my area, just a few bashings but thats it
Tha Masta 420
This area isn't good,but most of the shit round here involves blades.Until a few days ago when 8 Bandidos(biker gang) members,including the president of the Canadian chapter of the Bandidos were found shot to death and stuffed into the trunks of 5 different vehicles along a country road a few minutes drive from here.

5 other Bandidos members were charged with 1st degree murder,
including two people that I've hung around with at parties and shit for years.Apparently the 8 dead men were planning to kill one of the men charged,the 4 other's who were charged found out about it and warned him of the plot and then they lured the 8 men to his farmhouse 15km from where the bodies were dumped and shot them all in the head execution style.

Largest single massacre in Ontario's history.The previous record was 7 I believe and that was many years ago.

Other than that,there aint much gunplay around here,although it has been steadily increasing for the last couple years as the Meth trade is exploding around here.But it's still practically non-existence,99% of the shit around here involves knives,not guns.But there is alot of knife play around here.
Kamahl
QUOTE(BULLETZ144 @ Apr 10 2006, 09:09 PM) [snapback]1130980[/snapback]

your afraid to leave home? it cant be that bad, in america people die every few minutes from gun voilence.

yep, more than 11 000 per year, like 30 every day
NTC187
QUOTE(Layzie Bone @ Apr 11 2006, 12:44 PM) [snapback]1131338[/snapback]

laugh.gif I know shit happens every now and then in moderation where im from, so it caught me off gaurd, since I consider Australia to be one of the pussiest countries in the world.

I wouldnt called Australia a 'pussy' country at all, we have a shitload of violence and gang activity, just as most countries in the world do. Just because you dont hear about every single assault, stabbing, shooting, bashing on the news doesnt mean it's not there.
Bain
QUOTE(Layzie Bone @ Apr 10 2006, 12:59 AM) [snapback]1130727[/snapback]

Man there has been a huge increase in Crime I'm not used to shootings because guns are almost impossible to get your hands on, I'm used to seeing people get stabbed and stuff. Another guy was shot at Fairfield, from the top of my head at least 11 people have died recently through gun violence, I don't know about the rest of you guys but I'm too scared to go outside.

Have your say on this.

SCORE ONE FOR GUN CONTROL!!![/Sarcasm]

Obviously gun control doesnt matter.....people can stab and this is just another bit of proof.

QUOTE(gingergenius @ Apr 10 2006, 06:03 PM) [snapback]1131069[/snapback]

That's cute, but no.
Just do some research.

But the point in general, is that gun control has led to :
Home Office figures released on Friday reveal that robberies in England and Wales have risen by 28% over the last year.

The government's annual crime statistics also show the number of crimes recorded by the police has increased by 7%

England needs less gun control now before crime rises again.
tom.com
OMFG !! WOW austrailia has violence, so what...england has, (samuri tbag has mugged on the street at 12.00 am). And all people respect austrailia for is their rugby team!
DavidOrtiz34
people in america dont hear about the crimes in different countries because our news doesnt cover all of the countries in the world...
Bain
QUOTE(DavidOrtiz34 @ Apr 17 2006, 11:44 AM) [snapback]1135692[/snapback]

people in america dont hear about the crimes in different countries because our news doesnt cover all of the countries in the world...

What's your point?
tom.com
America are selfish though !
PhantomStranger
fuck its not that bad over here in perth, trainstations at night though hmmm the abo's come out to play
srg
Frankly, I never thought crime could be that serious too in so-called First world countries.

Well crime is everywhere for sure, it's just the degree of it's commission that varies from place to place,
in particular locations, or taken as a whole national experience.

It may have something to do with the way a particular government deals with it, laws and punishment and all that, and of course the kind of culture that pervades in a given community or country.

Here in Saudi Arabia where I work, crime rate is way too low, believe me. It's a bit conservative society so to speak and the locals may not be that easily hospitable to foreigners but there's a substantial degree of peace and quiet that one could enjoy. Punishment here for crimes could be harsh, the most severe would be beheading in the case of murder or dope pushing. Drugs are no doubt present here too and so are liquors though sold underground, but in what seems to be kept to a minimum distribution.

I've been here for about a decade now and have enjoyed just walking the streets to where I stay sometimes as late as 12nn, 1 am and never have felt scared nor threatend by muggings.

I don't know, maybe I was just lucky enough to have stayed out of trouble and danger smile.gif
House
I walk home from school and I know some guys who have guns and they are stupid they often come around the school, I just walk as fast as I can and hope to not get shot by saying something stupid to them.

I have a big mouth which can go off at any moment, I have never been shot and I don't intend to, PhantomStranger don't you think that Abo comment was a bit rascist? Just a while ago I got mugged on th e way home, those guys I was mentioned earlier took my friends money, my other friends PSP, some of my money and my Football.

Edit:
I don't think it was anything serious, but I just wanted to jump in their car and run them over.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.