Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sim City
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
Toge
Anyone here like Sim City? I used to have the 3000 version of it few years back. I liked it very much. It was cool to build a town of your own and make it work.

tongue.gif

Wich Sim City title has been your favourite? Is Sim City 4 worth to buy?

Discuss.
I Made Your Mom In GMod
Oh yeah, i've got Sim City 4. Pretty good game. Especially if you have the Rush Hour expansion pack. Drive cars, boats, planes, choppers in your own city that you built with your own mouse & keyboard. happy.gif Really addicting stuff. Definately worth a buy.
Bain
The original shitty version was my fave.

And then the first Sims was cool. Since, I havent played.

I get bored of series when I lose track and don't buy them as they come out.
cornychip
Sim City 4 is an awesome buy. Buy it, Buy it, Buy it. Everything you could imagine is in this game. But you better be good with making money, and the business aspect. I'm good.
GTA_PlAyA_728
I had Sim City 3000 unlimited.. I hated it.. I couldent make money without making unbelievable taxes and i couldent get water to every part of the city roll2.gif And the zones i made wouldent build even when i put electricity their and everything.

The fun part of the game tho is getting to play the already built cities they had like london and paris and causing havok in them. I would make hundreds of tornadoes and earthquakes everywhere.
FuddMan
The Black and White games are waaay better than the Sim City series.
Lord Steve0
Yeah B&W is cool. Nothing like chucking fire all over the place and brutally punishing your people!

But i thought Sim City was kinda cool, pitty i was never all that good at it.

The Sims though, that was just boring as i could never be bothered to wait long enough to get into it properly.
DuPz0r
I prefer The b&w series too. Its nicer building island villages then it is building cites.
TeamSYN ` EnDeR™ │-1H
Pretty fun game, but I get bored after the first city. Not worth buying, but worth downloading, if you know what I mean...
1UP
Real fun, but SC4 has some major bugs in it, far as everything ealse was great, seemed impossible to make money with out cheating at first thow, and when i didnt every city always looked like a slum.
I Made Your Mom In GMod
I'll post some screenshots of my developing city a bit later. It looks pretty cool considering I didn't use a single cheat. happy.gif

EDIT: Here they are.

IPB Image
Quick shot of a main part of town. This is where i'm hoping to develop some 'scrapers.

IPB Image
And an overview. Docky/Industrial area in the bottom-right, all farmland north of the ridge, sprawling suburban area to the right, and left.

And yes, I used some of Rockstar's Los Santos as inspiration.
BIG FUCKING SPIDER
QUOTE('Pilot Lazz @ Apr 3 2006, 11:42 AM) [snapback]1126906[/snapback]

I'll post some screenshots of my developing city a bit later. It looks pretty cool considering I didn't use a single cheat. happy.gif

EDIT: Here they are.

IPB Image
Quick shot of a main part of town. This is where i'm hoping to develop some 'scrapers.

IPB Image
And an overview. Docky/Industrial area in the bottom-right, all farmland north of the ridge, sprawling suburban area to the right, and left.

And yes, I used some of Rockstar's Los Santos as inspiration.

Thats a nice city, my place called Palmdale was supposed to be the next miami, but instead it looks like a giant council estate, but i have a lot of money and havent cheated, and have 40'000 people living their
gingergenius
i had 3000 and built a 2million + city. but it gets repetetive after a while.

what does sc4 add?? apart from better graphics
Un-Amurikan Bastage
I'm contemplating getting this, but I hated the first one to Holy Hell...I couldn't make money, even with the cheat; nothing I built generated revenue unless I taxed my people up the asses...
1UP
QUOTE(Un-Amärikin Bastard @ Apr 4 2006, 06:30 PM) [snapback]1127622[/snapback]

I'm contemplating getting this, but I hated the first one to Holy Hell...I couldn't make money, even with the cheat; nothing I built generated revenue unless I taxed my people up the asses...

Hey theres always downloading a buidling from the web site that gives you like 40 billion dollors a month.lol

PS: some of them alos act as a park... like a really good park...

PSS: i suck at this game.
chicago
lol..are you talking about the game sims????

ok you're cause i read it the posts and i got sims 2 bustin out and i love i got real far on it and my brohter delete it...lol i felt so bad cause after all the time i put in to it

starts crying

lol
1UP
QUOTE(chicago @ Apr 5 2006, 02:10 AM) [snapback]1127912[/snapback]

ok you're cause i read it the posts and i got sims 2 bustin out and i love i got real far on it and my brohter delete it...lol i felt so bad cause after all the time i put in to it

starts crying

lol

nah they mean sim city, a lesser know one by maxis, since ever one they made they never had expanions...
even thow rush hour was one for SC4, it only came out coase profits where booming this time aorund, after rush hour they went down alot, hince why there not adding to it more now. Most likly there starting from scratch yet again. If there making another...
chicago
QUOTE(DJ-JWP @ Apr 6 2006, 06:29 AM) [snapback]1128430[/snapback]

QUOTE(chicago @ Apr 5 2006, 02:10 AM) [snapback]1127912[/snapback]

starts crying

lol

nah they mean sim city, a lesser know one by maxis, since ever one they made they never had expanions...
even thow rush hour was one for SC4, it only came out coase profits where booming this time aorund, after rush hour they went down alot, hince why there not adding to it more now. Most likly there starting from scratch yet again. If there making another...

lol... youre right im the crazy one..lol j/k
Mindfury
Heh... I used to have Sim City 3000. I pwned at it.

Good old fusion power plants...
Nanook
Sim City 4 + Rush Hour are cool games, but I don't have the time to devote to them.

Also had a problem with air pollution and water pollution which I couldn't fix, so I got annoyed at it
1UP
QUOTE(Nanook @ Apr 7 2006, 04:28 PM) [snapback]1129191[/snapback]

Sim City 4 + Rush Hour are cool games, but I don't have the time to devote to them.

Also had a problem with air pollution and water pollution which I couldn't fix, so I got annoyed at it

that building i mentions earlyer completly obliterates it, takes onlt 4 on the largest map to make pollution on exsistant.lol

God thats how bad i was, that i had to have somthing like that.
Toge
Aight.

I'm off to the store some day to buy a PC game.

Might be Sim City.

Seeen
Bumped from 2 years ago, hell yeah.

ANYWAY, I've been playing the SNES version of Sim City lately and it's weird. The game is so boring, yet so addictive. Everyone hates watching me play it. Fuck them, I'M THE MAYOR, I DO WHAT I WANT!
psychø
I haven't played SimCity in ages, still a good game though, I had a good city going at one point, massive commercial area, airport, good housing and schools and such, it is all about micromanagement which is a bit of an arse.

Problem was the traffic got so bad even though I had doubled up all the main road when I built the city as to help the problem, but that only really made it worse as the only time anything works well is when it comes up as a suggestion (how shit is that) so it say go built a subway, all good apart from the city is so big by the time I had built it it cost like 150,000, the of course 100,000+ of that was a loan and the subway still cost about $200 more than it was making a month so that drained all of the excess cash the city was making, probably could have left it for like 20 years on fast mode to get rid of the loan, but I always thought that kind of defeated the point of the game.
1UP
Depending if this game goes well... http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/cities...esult;title;0... I think Sim City games might just die. SC4 ruined allot of the fun as even when you got to the big sky scrapers, some "spots" just absolutely refused to change. The newest SimCity Societies or w/e took out quite a bit of the fun factors and was a bad game all together (Horrible frame rates, those kinds of problems as well).

Watching the videos to that other city game that's coming out in 09, defiantly looks like they may be doing a better job then maxis could.

I am rather surprised such an old topic was brought back, but o well.lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.