Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Problems loading GTA3 PC
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA Old Gen > GTA 3D > Grand Theft Auto III
Hosko
Im trying to load GTA3 for the first time after installing it, but when I run the exe file to play, my pc screen flashes black for a second, then shows all the toolbars as HUGE, but nothing happens, my cursor says something is happening but nothing is, ive left in 30mins and nothing, any suggestions?
Toge
Try to close all other programs running in the background at the same time.
6 shooter
First, press LEFT ALT+TAB and see if you can see GTA3 icon in the window that pops up. If you are running other programs, you can shift between them by pressing TAB while holding LEFT ALT.

Otherwise, there may be something wrong with your video settings.
HEAT84
It doesn't matter which ALT button you hold when doing ALT-TAB
Informant X
I had the same problem too. All I had to do was install the 1.1 patch and it fixed the problem. You can find the patch on almost any gta site that offers downloads.
6 shooter
QUOTE(HEAT84 @ Mar 29 2006, 12:23 AM) [snapback]1123666[/snapback]

Speak for yourself. RIGHT ALT is a very special function key which triggers additional letters (nt included in Latin alphabet) for languages other than Latin/English.IF you ever find yourself in a foreign country, bear this in mind...
HEAT84
QUOTE(6 shooter @ Mar 29 2006, 03:10 AM) [snapback]1123819[/snapback]

Speak for yourself. RIGHT ALT is a very special function key which triggers additional letters (nt included in Latin alphabet) for languages other than Latin/English.IF you ever find yourself in a foreign country, bear this in mind...

That may be true but that's not ALT-TABBING.
6 shooter
QUOTE(HEAT84 @ Mar 30 2006, 12:56 AM) [snapback]1124107[/snapback]

QUOTE(6 shooter @ Mar 29 2006, 03:10 AM) [snapback]1123819[/snapback]

That may be true but that's not ALT-TABBING.

I was just saying that you can ALT+TAB through running programs with LEFT ALT only on keyboards calibrated for other lgs than English. If you press RIGHT ALT+TAB, you can e.g. switch between tabs of your browser...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.