Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How do you do the paramedic missions
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA Old Gen > GTA 3D > Grand Theft Auto III
HEAT84
I don't see how its possible. The Columbian and Mafia guns will destroy the ambulance in 2 seconds and the triads' guns are almost as powerful.

I beat this game a few years ago and I used a trainer to make the ambulance damage proof. I wanna try to do it without cheating this time. But I can't see how its possible. I know its best to do it before you beat Trial By Fire. But I forgot.
Toge
I'd say; start a new game and complete the Ambulance missions first.
Pecnut
Your safest island is going to be Staunton, but, as Tuggy said above, it's best to start again and then do the extra bits before you complete the storyline. A similar principle works with Vice City's Stunts and the Haitians.
6 shooter
Yeah, that's the first thing to do (in Portland, before you mess with the Triads by doing missions for Tony Cipriani).

Later in the game, Staunton Island is the best place to do paramedic missions, but when you have to go thru the Cartel territory near the building site (and that's where the hospital is located), it gets tough.
§ynch
QUOTE(HEAT84 @ Mar 25 2006, 10:15 AM) [snapback]1121354[/snapback]

I don't see how its possible. The Columbian and Mafia guns will destroy the ambulance in 2 seconds and the triads' guns are almost as powerful.

I beat this game a few years ago and I used a trainer to make the ambulance damage proof. I wanna try to do it without cheating this time. But I can't see how its possible. I know its best to do it before you beat Trial By Fire. But I forgot.
On all my 100% saves I always do Paramedic on the first day in Portland.
My first play-through years ago I had to do it after Portland (Mafia - obvious) so I finished it in Staunton.
Out of the 3 islands it was the easiest, being flat.

But my best advice is to do it first thing in a new game, on Portland.
Seeing how in GTAlll, it is one of the few hard missions.
Good Luck. smile.gif
6 shooter
QUOTE(§ynchronizer @ Mar 27 2006, 11:14 PM) [snapback]1122775[/snapback]

My first play-through years ago I had to do it after Portland (Mafia - obvious) so I finished it in Staunton.
Out of the 3 islands it was the easiest, being flat.

Not only is it flat, it also has least gangs that attack you - the Cartel are dangerous, but Yardies, on the other hand, are pretty harmless.

In Portland you're in constant danger from the Mafia (lethal power - one good shotgun shot may blow up the ambulance), Triads (less harmful, usually carry pistols, sometimes only bats) and Diablos (harmless - carry bats only). Almost all territory of Portland is occupied by these gangs.

In Shoreside Vale there are Colombians (lethal, like the Mafia) and Purple Jacks (sometimes pistols, but usually bats). The Cartel are even more dangerous here (and will most certainly set your ambulance afire sooner or later) because they stroll up and down the climbing street with many curves where you can't hide and can't go too fast, either.
HEAT84
What kind of guns do the Columbians have? Desert Eagles? I always assumed they had some sort of machine gun having never actually bothered to take a close look. But I happened to get a close look during a rampage. They look like pistols but obviously are way more powerful.
6 shooter
Dunno, sth less lethal than Mafia's shotguns, but a couple of hits may blow you up.
HEAT84
I just did the Exchange and the Columbians have machine guns. I thought I saw them shooting with 1 hand which made me think they were using handguns.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.