Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I dont get it, someone please explain..
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA Old Gen > GTA 3D > Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
B.A.N.K.S
I keep losing at the horse betting shop! I dont get what the numbers mean by the horses name e.g 1/6 someone tell me how to win at this please.
Bruno Alves
That numbers are your odds (is it spelled like this?) of that horse to win the race.
1/6 means that such horse will eventually win 1 in every 6 races. 1/2 means that he will win 1 in every 2 races.

Your earning will also depend on this odds. If you bet on a 1/2 horse, then you will win twice your bet, and so on!
B.A.N.K.S
I se so does that mean if a hourse had 1/2 the lower the number 1/*number* here means the more chance they win..?
Bol
yes, e.g. a horse with 1/2 will more likely win than a horse with 1/12
Bruno Alves
BUT...

When that lower chance horse wins (and they do win) you earn a lot more if you have made a bet on this one smile.gif
§ynch
QUOTE(Bruno Alves @ Mar 16 2006, 11:15 AM) [snapback]1116768[/snapback]

BUT...

When that lower chance horse wins (and they do win) you earn a lot more if you have made a bet on this one smile.gif
yup, exactly.

the long shot green or purple actually.
people have won millions by betting alot
through trial and error, on green or purple.
the long shots that is. 1/12 - 1/11 .... etc.
i've won tons of money that way, but it's not
that exciting, at all. more like figuring out a trick.
Bol
indeed, get a savehouse near a betting shop, save, go to the shop, bet all your money on the 1/12 horse. if you win, congratulations with a lot of money, if you lose, reload the game...
HEAT84
You guys are dyslexic or something. It 12/1 or 6/1 not 1/12 or 1/6.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.