Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Happy Birthday GTA-SanAndreas.com
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Important Information > Site News
Psy
It's hard to believe that this website is three years old today. Officially "GTA-SanAndreas.com" isn't exactly 3 years old, however the original website which was started as a subdomain on my old website Psycopsy.com was first placed up on February 17, 2003, and I'm amazed that people are still finding the site useful, and still contributing to the community to this day.

I'll try to keep this news update short and to the point. I thought I might as well post something seeing as it's a "special occasion", so thanks to all of the die hard members who have been coming to the site over the last few years for helping to turn it into what it is. I'd also like to thank all of the new members joining each day, and all of the silent lurkers who just check up on the information on the actual website. Hopefully the site will continue to grow over the next year and although this site isn't updated much anymore, we do have plans.

Speaking of the site growing... Many people know about our next big project, GTAGuides.com. I've tried not to name a specific date as to when we're going to have it ready for release. Ideally I'd have liked to release it today, but due to personal circumstances I haven't been able to work on the site as much as I'd have liked over the last month or so, so it's going to be awhile longer before we can get a test version up, and then finally the long awaited Version 1.0. As happy as we are with the site at the minute, it'll never be perfect in the first release, so we intend to update the sites content management system every few weeks with new features, adding whatever the members feel will improve the site. This is something we're all looking forward to and something we hope can ensure that this community continues to be one of the best places online for Grand Theft Auto news and information.

In other news Lee Meadowcroft informs me that in the UK, the BBC are running a poll on which is the best thing designed by the British over the last 100 years. As we should all know, Grand Theft Auto actually originates from the UK, from Edinburgh, Scotland where Rockstar North's headquarters are located to be exact, so we thought it would be a good idea to mention the fact that GTA has been included in the last 10 of this poll, and possibly point out that with your help voting, GTA could well end up coming first. As unrealistic and frankly stupid as it sounds, it would be interesting to think that thanks to your help, Grand Theft Auto is officially the best British invention in the last 100 years.

Click Here And Get Voting!.

Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for any updates we have on Grand Theft Auto 4, GTAGuides, or the soon to be released GTA: Liberty City Stories on PS2.
Sheep
Woo, happy birthday gtasa.com tongue.gif
cuda is your boi
clap.gif

3 years... the game is getting somewhat "old" now, but we still manage to be one of the best GTA sites.

Can't wait for guides... smile.gif

And of course, GTA has my vote tongue.gif
Muted Bass Fish
happy birthday hey were's the cake
Bitch Heartless
QUOTE(BAMV2 @ Feb 17 2006, 12:02 PM) [snapback]1097200[/snapback]

Where's the strippers!!

PS:Wow three years thats a lot
Kamahl
3 years!!! wow, thats nice.

happy birthday gta-sanandreas.com smile.gif
Zacko
Heh I remember this post last year, Somehow the forum still feels fresh and cool, GTAGuides will feel exactly the same hopefully.

Happy birthday smile.gif
Gkill
3 years? Psycho was almost right >_<
coreyko_2003
Nice. 3 years. Happy B-day to this site thumbup.gif
I Made Your Mom In GMod
QUOTE(~LilTermite~ @ Feb 17 2006, 07:16 PM) [snapback]1097211[/snapback]
Where's the strippers!!

I second that. tongue.gif
Happy birthday GTA-SanAndreas.com! Let's hope your first year of school is good. XD
Muted Bass Fish
QUOTE(~LilTermite~ @ Feb 17 2006, 01:16 PM) [snapback]1097211[/snapback]

QUOTE(BAMV2 @ Feb 17 2006, 12:02 PM) [snapback]1097200[/snapback]

Where's the strippers!!

PS:Wow three years thats a lot

in your avatar
Himsa
Wow. 3 years. Happy birthday!! biggrin.gif
Mindfury
God dammit this place is old... >_>
Mzeppelin
QUOTE(Slick @ Feb 18 2006, 01:47 AM) [snapback]1097677[/snapback]

God dammit this place is old... >_>

Haha

Happy berfday, forum!
deejay
Happy fuking birthday to the best fuking GTA site ever
Caliguy
It's been good. I can't believe its been that long. Can't wait for Guides to come; good luck on adding the finishing touches.
srg
Happy Bday GTA:SA.com. But most of all, Great Job Psy!
B.A.N.K.S
three years? but GTA SanAndreas hasn't been out for that long... what was this site before? just a gta site?
Amis
This site were called that(san andreas) long before the SA was released and if I remember correctly one of the biggest topics was the wish list for up coming gta (san andreas)

HAPPY 3rd ANNIVERSARY GTA-SANADREAS.COM clap.gif clap.gif laugh.gif clap.gif
BigBadJohn
happy 3rd anniversary

can't believe gta was made where i come from,

boo rah one for the team
nasTn8
HAPPY BURPDAY!!! I havent been browsing this site for very long, but it has great visual prowess. I wish I had something to give you as a present, but I guess wishing you well will have to do. Sorry... sad.gif
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
*Silent tear*

It's so beautiful smile.gif

As for the design thing....when you guys see GTAGuides you'll see it deserves the prize as the best designed thing in 100 years O.o
DuPz0r
Its good to still see some regular faces after 3 years wink.gif
Qdeathstar
cheers, and good luck on GTAguides.com, I cant wait for it...
God Of War
Damn I thought some people forgot about this website but i cant wait for gtaguides.com olso happy birthday

gta-sanandreas.com
roll2.gif
goti
happy birthday....haven't been here in a while. looking good though
Hardcore Ottoman
Wow. Three years... Ive been here for 2. I think this site was a lot better back then, but meh, I like a small group of people to hang with anyways.

Good luck on that Guides thing or whatever... I kinda feel proud being a part of this site... kinda feel dorky though. n00b InvazionE... good times...

Ciao.
INzANE
HAPPY FUCKING BIRTHDAY GTA-SA!

I've only been here since 2004, but it's been a good time.

Thanks Psy.
Banksthaman
wow, happy birthday gta-sanandreas.com, bit late but w/e
CygnusX
Happy anniversary. I've voted for GTA in the BBC poll. smile.gif
nasTn8
forgive my ignorance...what is GTAguides.com?
Pecnut
QUOTE(nasTn8 @ Feb 22 2006, 07:40 PM) [snapback]1101784[/snapback]

The soon-to-be successor to this site smile.gif
GunnerG
Hmm

That means i've been coming to this site for nearly 3 years without Registering.

Oh well no better time than the present. Happy B-day GTA-SanAndreas.com
Zacko
Heh nice to see you Gunner.
GunnerG
Cheers Zacko

I cant believe its been 3 years since this was up, what the hell happened during that time. all i can say is it must of been a huge bottle of Jack D because i cant remember a lot.

To avoid Spam- Happy Bday again site...... smile.gif
nasTn8
QUOTE(Pecnut @ Feb 22 2006, 05:18 PM) [snapback]1101810[/snapback]

ic ic. well if its half as good as this site you should get a lot of hits. if it helps ill give you some word-of-mouth advertising... smile.gif
Kamahl
QUOTE(nasTn8 @ Feb 27 2006, 10:55 PM) [snapback]1106266[/snapback]

QUOTE(Pecnut @ Feb 22 2006, 05:18 PM) [snapback]1101810[/snapback]

ic ic. well if its half as good as this site you should get a lot of hits. if it helps ill give you some word-of-mouth advertising... smile.gif

i guess it always helps when its for a good cause thumbup.gif
Update on the design thing: The final 3 are the London Underground, the Spitfire and the Concorde. ie, not GTA O.o
Zacko
QUOTE(Vato Coco @ Mar 5 2006, 11:05 AM) [snapback]1110882[/snapback]

I've seen the designs. Psy showed me once. They're extremely sexy and take full advantage of PHP. I can't wait to see the final product. Should be worth waiting for...

Mello means the British culture icon thing or whatever not GTAGuides design. Doesn't he? o_O
EvilFrost
even though its three years old its still the greatest thumbup.gif
He rather does, Zacharia.
Bulkstack
Happy birthday

*breaks out a Keg*

biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.