Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: strange finding
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA Old Gen > GTA 3D > Grand Theft Auto III
ruurd 31
When i was racing with my banshee inside the harbour tunnel, i noticed a guy i don't normally see.
He was standing with other tramps, this is no mod.

IPB Image
Toge
Ooh. I think you mean Darkel and the other bums.
ruurd 31
QUOTE(Toge @ Feb 11 2006, 04:08 PM) [snapback]1090608[/snapback]

Ooh. I think you mean Darkel and the other bums.

Who???

Ive never seen him, he was standing with the others.
And strangely when i punched him he didn't react. sad.gif
6 shooter
Darkel, the character who would have been included in GTA3 had 9/11 not taken place. He was included in the original game script, google for him. Nice find tho, I've never seen him in the game.
INzANE
That's not possible. He isn't in the game anywhere.
DuPz0r
He isn't coded in the script to appear anywhere, so it is not possible that he was in game.
Although his model is in games files, he was never used, and will never be seen ingame, unless its a mod.

Sorry but this topic is lies...
INzANE
I should have said that he did appear in the files, but not in the game itself.
ruurd 31
QUOTE(INzANE @ Feb 14 2006, 07:05 PM) [snapback]1094517[/snapback]

i'm not joking.
maybe it was some kind of bug/glitch?
Pecnut
QUOTE(ruurd 31 @ Feb 17 2006, 09:49 AM) [snapback]1097007[/snapback]

QUOTE(INzANE @ Feb 14 2006, 07:05 PM) [snapback]1094517[/snapback]

i'm not joking.
maybe it was some kind of bug/glitch?

As they say somewhere else in this forum: picx pzl!11111four
INzANE
Yea we need proof.
ruurd 31
Well, this is the proof i presume? sad.gif
Pecnut
QUOTE(ruurd 31 @ Feb 23 2006, 05:21 PM) [snapback]1102405[/snapback]

Pictures (screenshots or photos of your TV screen) wouldn't be a bad idea. That image at the top is broken and then we can all have a look at your discovery and match it to our own version of the game. Pictures is proof [sic].
ruurd 31
Ok i will post one as soon as possible
6 shooter
QUOTE(Pecnut @ Feb 24 2006, 07:17 PM) [snapback]1103351[/snapback]

QUOTE(ruurd 31 @ Feb 23 2006, 05:21 PM) [snapback]1102405[/snapback]

Pictures (screenshots or photos of your TV screen) wouldn't be a bad idea. That image at the top is broken and then we can all have a look at your discovery and match it to our own version of the game. Pictures is proof [sic].

The fact that you cannot see the pic on this site (cause it's hotlinked) doesn't mean you cannot copy its address, paste it in another window and actually see the screenshot...

ruurd 31
i can't follow you, did you mean you cant see my pic!?
LinkinParkFan
Look, host your pic again using ImageShack
6 shooter
OK, I'll do it, you bunch of lazybones...

IPB Image

P.S. Now that I uploaded the pic at IS from its original url, you should also be able to see image in the initial post in this thread.
cuda is your boi
Shit, that's Darkel alright: http://www.gouranga.com/images/gta3/gta3_c...r_darkel_01.jpg

I didn't know about this...
ruurd 31
Can someone get an bio of him?
Pecnut
Hang on...

1. Where's that tunnel
2. Why is that blocked off at the end
3. Look at the location on the radar

Actually, answered those questions:

The radar say's you're

IPB Image

At the red dot.

But, if you go there, it's just an alley with washing hanging across it. That's a mod.
6 shooter
QUOTE(Πέκνο&# @ Mar 7 2006, 07:40 PM) [snapback]1112240[/snapback]

Hang on...

1. Where's that tunnel
2. Why is that blocked off at the end
3. Look at the location on the radar

if you go there, it's just an alley with washing hanging across it. That's a mod.

Ad.1. Don't tell me you've never been there! The tunnel starts behind 8 Ball's garage and ends behind Supa Save.

Ad.2. Who says it is? At one end, Supa Save's back wall is very close to the outlet of the tunnel, but you can pass, even with a truck.

LOL, I'm amazed you've been playing GTA3 and never used this tunnel - I take this shortcut from 8 Balls quite often, esp. on missions where I go to 8 Ball's first and then somewhere toward the docks. When driving a vehicle rigged with a bomb it's safer through the tunnel...
Pecnut
The radar suggests that you're in an alley just south of Salvatore's. Not in the tunnel.
6 shooter
As far as I remember, the radar doesn't verify vertical position, so you can't really tell whether you're under the surface or on the ground merely by lookong at the radar.
ruurd 31
QUOTE(6 shooter @ Mar 8 2006, 01:48 PM) [snapback]1112563[/snapback]

As far as I remember, the radar doesn't verify vertical position, so you can't really tell whether you're under the surface or on the ground merely by lookong at the radar.

Going further west of the ghost town, take a look at your radar

You will see that there are place names on the radar! What are these places? Who knows?

There are a number of theories but the most likely, is that it is the names of the map makers.

IPB Image

IPB Image

There are also roads traveling from the tunnels of Shoreside Vale through this area.

But of course there isnt any roads here at all because the tunnels end abruptly.

An interesting feature though. Maybe the game originally had 4 areas planned but never came about smile.gif
Pecnut
QUOTE(ruurd 31 @ Mar 8 2006, 01:44 PM) [snapback]1112567[/snapback]

QUOTE(6 shooter @ Mar 8 2006, 01:48 PM) [snapback]1112563[/snapback]

Going further west of the ghost town, take a look at your radar

You will see that there are place names on the radar! What are these places? Who knows?

There are a number of theories but the most likely, is that it is the names of the map makers.

IPB Image

IPB Image

There are also roads traveling from the tunnels of Shoreside Vale through this area.

But of course there isnt any roads here at all because the tunnels end abruptly.

An interesting feature though. Maybe the game originally had 4 areas planned but never came about smile.gif

You're right: the names are the names of the developers, and were placed there merely as an Easter Egg for those able to fly the Dodo.

Back to the Darkel thing, you're right, there is no vertical indication, but I've flown above and below it, and there's nothing there...
ruurd 31
Pecnoznogueira, talvez seu uma área em gta 3 removido antes da liberação final. quem sabe, quem sabe sad.gif
wink.gif
GFX.Absinthe
I tried wikapid or whatever to try to find info on Darkel so why the hell was he removed because of 9/11???
Bitch Heartless
i found him too in my old ps2 version once in a tunnel...hes the one with all these bums around him right and theres molotovs there two. I havnt checked my xbox version tho.
ruurd 31
~LilTermite~ you mean the tunnel that end's up at supa saves?
GFX.Absinthe
Does anyone know why he was removed... huh.gif
Bitch Heartless
@ruurd31 idk wat tunnel it was i cant remmember but all i remeber was that he had a bunch of bums around him and there was molotovs.
6 shooter
QUOTE(Gazebo @ Apr 3 2006, 06:58 PM) [snapback]1127033[/snapback]

Cause his missions involved destroying a high rise in a way which might've refreshed 9/11 memories...
Pecnut
QUOTE(6 shooter @ Apr 4 2006, 08:07 AM) [snapback]1127349[/snapback]

QUOTE(Gazebo @ Apr 3 2006, 06:58 PM) [snapback]1127033[/snapback]

Cause his missions involved destroying a high rise in a way which might've refreshed 9/11 memories...

Yeah, it was a bit of a sensitive issue.
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
Yeah, coincidentally most of his missions revolved around what would seem to a casual bypasser a lot like 9/11. The event happened not long before the game was released, but they managed to take it out, but not the character himself.
The Porscheofile
to tell you the truth i cant see why they took out the 9/11 things and not all of the other horrible things that u happen to do in this game. does bombing a fish factory not involve terrorism? does blowing up a ship * be it a meth ship or not* not involve terrorism? now i know that 9/11 REALLY did happen. i know that ppl REALLY did die. but i dont see the logic of taking out one act of terroism, and leaving in about 3-4 others
DonLeone
QUOTE(DuPzØr™ @ Feb 14 2006, 06:42 PM) [snapback]1094498[/snapback]

He isn't coded in the script to appear anywhere, so it is not possible that he was in game.
Although his model is in games files, he was never used, and will never be seen ingame, unless its a mod.

Sorry but this topic is lies...

I wish people would stop analysing the game script. It spoils the excitement of exploration.

On the topic of the whole 9/11 matter, the police cars were changed from the classic NY blue to black at the last minute.
GSHomie
get to a concluson people, the darkel thing is real or is it a mod?
vercetti899010
i think this MIGHT be a mod, i jst visited the tunnel nd theres no sign of darkel anywhere! sad.gif
Kamahl
mod, and he stole the pic from this site:
http://www.gtagames.nl/home/download.php?view.359 thats why it didnt work.

Someone warn this guy, he knew it was a mod but still posted it.
Obama
its not a mod hes in my one too
Kamahl
QUOTE(crudlife @ Aug 17 2006, 04:12 AM) [snapback]1218260[/snapback]

its not a mod hes in my one too

you are confusing Darkel with some other guys on the game, read the description of that site:
"Deze mod zet Darkel in de plaats van de zwerver. Met de cheat 'ILIKEDRESSINGUP' kun je Darkel ook als speler krijgen."
You probably dont know dutch, neither do it but i understand something, it says something like "this mod sets Darkel in the place of zwerver.. With the cheat "ILIKEDRESSINGUP" the player will look like him, or something like that.

And that's the site where the guy who posted this was hosting the pic, so its obvious that he downloaded the mod
ryanshedy
if you look at the hud it is yellow which means its on PC in PS2 its white

or is that just one u upload from pc to show what he looked like
Sharpie Fetish
For those who dont know why Darkel was removed he was removed because he vowed to bring down the economy I guess he was removed cos he looked a bit like bin laden and the bring down the economy bit
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.