Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: playing realistically in gta 3
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA Old Gen > GTA 3D > Grand Theft Auto III
deadmanjeff
does anybody else just drive around in gta3 and pretend you're going to work or going somewhere to eat it actually makes the game feel a bit bigger and you can look at all the signs and buildings i mean like playing the game without killing people or stealing cars just taking car from your garage and driving it around it's actually pretty fun
Mzeppelin
No, but I have driven as slow as the other drivers and obeyed all stoplights when going at beating it again. I got up to about Joey's missions, then couldn't handle it anymore.
Toge
QUOTE(Mzeppelin @ Feb 7 2006, 02:45 PM) [snapback]1087380[/snapback]

No, but I have driven as slow as the other drivers and obeyed all stoplights.

Yeah, same. It's actually quite fun for a while.
INzANE
I always try to drive on the right side of the rode when playing. It makes it feel more realistic.
Space_Ace
Doing this in SA is awesome.
For example you live in Angle pine and you drive to work in San Fierro as a airplane pilot. After you go to Las venturas, the los santos and back to san feirro airport.
Your day is over.
DuPz0r
yeah, ive done this alittle on all the 3d gta's.
INzANE
I don't pretend I'm going to work. I just try to be realistic (not with speed, of course) when on my way somewhere.
6 shooter
QUOTE(INzANE @ Feb 21 2006, 07:51 PM) [snapback]1100917[/snapback]

I don't pretend I'm going to work. I just try to be realistic (not with speed, of course) when on my way somewhere.

So how do you try to act realistic? By stopping on red? laugh.gif
psychÝ
It is pretty hard to do as you don't have gears and really it is all or nothing, with the cars.
Bitch Heartless
i dont preted or anything but on all the gta's ive tried to go as fast as traffic and follow the street lights and rules.
coreyko_2003
I do it every now and again. Not particularly on GTA 3 but VC and SA I'll drive safe and do things as I should from time to time.
6 shooter
Jeez, I tried observing traffic regulations but got pissed at second street lights. I also never really follow the paved road, just cut corners whenever possible, drive on grass and over people, otherwise it's no fun to me wink.gif
pos
As sad as it may sound, I know exactly what you're talking about. Just 20 minutes ago I was shifting trailers from a Los Santos lay-by to San Fierro docks and then further on to Las Venturas Airport with a "Tanker" truck, stopping at diners on the way to take a break, eat up and even fuel up!

Great way to pass time
rolleyes.gif
-Pos
Informant X
Hey, those ideas sound pretty fun. The whole idea of going to work and stuff. I'll try being a hitman in SA and going to kill ppl and raiding police stations for dildos and shit. Thanxs for the ideas.
The Porscheofile
loll and thats anywhere different from being a no good gangbanger and killing ppl and raiding cops stations? or yeh, its gov't sanctioned depending on who ur killing, haha. anyway, i cant do what y'all are talking about, unless im in a lowrider, at night, in the grove. then i set up cine'cam and lowrider to radio LS folowing traffic lights so as not to destroy my nice svanna *yes they are me single fav lowriders, impalas rule*
0bs3n3
Pretty much impossible on SA highways, when your in one lane and overtaking another car or what ever they swerve into your lane without warning and hit your car which REALLY pisses me off.
DeKo
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Feb 23 2006, 01:59 AM) [snapback]1101969[/snapback]

It is pretty hard to do as you don't have gears and really it is all or nothing, with the cars.

isnt really, ps2 x button is sensitive enough to go at a certain speed
Kid_Notorious
yeah i have tried it out before i do every now and then
DonLeone
I follow the traffic from time to time, stopping at diners etc.. Maybe takes some grove street gangsters on the ride.
SKARFACE
I've done it too lol
I Made Your Mom In GMod
I've done pretty much everything described in this topic at one point or another. It helps add another few weeks onto the lifespan of the game. And when done correctly, can be pretty fun. biggrin.gif
SKARFACE
Yeah
SlickCriminal92
Sometimes I deive around portland in my convertible stallion. It is kinda fun obeying the law but it gets boring afgter a while. sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.