Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: nothing to do
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA Old Gen > GTA 3D > Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
freeak1690
do you have to do the dealing mission for cherrypoppers to move on in the storyline,cause theres no other missions to do.if so how many deals do you have to do?
BIG FUCKING SPIDER
no u dont
LinkinParkFan
Yes you have to do 50 deals.
freeak1690
ive done 91...do they have to be done together
6 shooter
Yep, you gotta do 50 sales in one go. Otherwise you won't be given any further missions.

There is no time limit and the 1 star you get once a cop sees you is easy to lose, so just take your time and keep looking sideways when you decide to stop for customers.
TommyVercettiPizza
I think you've got to do 100 deals in a row, and it'll tell you you've passed and completed the Ice Cream Factory Asset once you've got out of the van. This asset is like the Pole Position Club one; there's not really any missions to do it's just you gotta do the same repetitive thing over and over for a while, then you've completed it.
6 shooter
QUOTE(Starkey @ Jan 19 2006, 09:59 PM) [snapback]1068559[/snapback]

I think you've got to do 100 deals in a row

Wrong! 50 will do.

Unless we're not talking about PC version here, cause there's always a possibility R* changed sth, but I doubt it.
INzANE
It's only 50, and it's not required to beat the game.
Gina 84
I think this mission it's just to reach 100%, cause I have beaten the storyline without that mission.
Kleaver
Uhh, no you need this mission to finish the game to "Keep your friends close' mission....

Just go stand near a Pay n Spray, when the cops show up. Drive in. Safest way.
Rocka91
50 in a row. When you get a star, just lay low for a little bit until it goes away, then go back on the streets. Also, stay away from Starfish Island, the security guards will shoot at you if you go through.
INzANE
Screw the pigs. I go there all the time.
6 shooter
QUOTE(Gina 84 @ Jan 20 2006, 08:43 PM) [snapback]1069405[/snapback]

I think this mission it's just to reach 100%, cause I have beaten the storyline without that mission.

You can't have. Just like Kleaver said, this mission is required to beat the storyline as it opens further missions.
INzANE
I never noticed that it opens more missions. I did notice though, that Vice City's story missions are really short.
6 shooter
When you play VC after playing SA then the missions do appear shorter and the whole game 'smaller'. For me GTA3 was the first GTA game to play, then they released VC and finally last years SA so that I noticed the progress they made.
INzANE
Yea. Thats how it was for me too. I went back and played the classics though.
Gina 84
QUOTE(6 shooter @ Jan 24 2006, 09:00 AM) [snapback]1073394[/snapback]

QUOTE(Gina 84 @ Jan 20 2006, 08:43 PM) [snapback]1069405[/snapback]

You can't have. Just like Kleaver said, this mission is required to beat the storyline as it opens further missions.

yes you're right and I am wrong, I haven't played it for a very long time ago, thanks for the note!

Seems that I have to Start to play it again
6 shooter
QUOTE(Gina 84 @ Jan 28 2006, 09:24 PM) [snapback]1078663[/snapback]

Seems that I have to Start to play it again

Huh, me too, as soon as I finish my second round of San Andreas :> Though after playing SA VC will probably appear lame, aside for few missions...
INzANE
I played through all three using cheats the first time, then I realized that cheats suck, so I re-played all three and beat them without codes.
alooper21
the cherry popper is one of the businesses capped by forelli's man. "cap the collector" is a mission that is unlocked only after completing some assets like the car showroom, cherry popper, print factory and the boatyard. cherry popper and boatyard are not that important for the storyline, you just have to make them do money for you and the ways are amusing, like completing a boat checkpoint chalenge and these 50 icecream sold, wich actually they are drugs, if you pay attention to the old witch...

so, as a final statement, to answer to your question, 50 "icecreams" in a row to make "cap the collector" available.

note that some missions can be done after the formerly known as last mission, "keep your friends close". these are some of the film studio, some of phil's, some of love fist missions and the phone contracts.
6 shooter
QUOTE(alooper21 @ Apr 27 2006, 12:05 AM) [snapback]1141346[/snapback]

1.cherry popper and boatyard are not that important for the storyline, you just have to make them do money for you and the ways are amusing, like completing a boat checkpoint chalenge and these 50 icecream sold, wich actually they are drugs, if you pay attention to the old witch...

2. so, as a final statement, to answer to your question, 50 "icecreams" in a row to make "cap the collector" available.

These 2 statements are conflicting; either it's not important or it triggers the 2 final missions...the answer is: obtaining Cherry Poppers Ice Cream Factory as an asset is NOT necessary to complete the storyline (i.e. pass 'Cap the Collector' and 'Keep Your Friends Close' missions). You need to obtain SOME assets (by doing relevant missions preceded by purchasing those places), but the only one which I think is obligatory is The Printworks. Why? You'll know once you get that vital call...
alooper21
QUOTE(6 shooter @ Apr 27 2006, 12:23 PM) [snapback]1141504[/snapback]

1.cherry popper and boatyard are not that important for the storyline, you just have to make them do money for you and the ways are amusing, like completing a boat checkpoint chalenge and these 50 icecream sold, wich actually they are drugs, if you pay attention to the old witch...

2. so, as a final statement, to answer to your question, 50 "icecreams" in a row to make "cap the collector" available.

These 2 statements are conflicting; either it's not important or it triggers the 2 final missions...the answer is: obtaining Cherry Poppers Ice Cream Factory as an asset is NOT necessary to complete the storyline (i.e. pass 'Cap the Collector' and 'Keep Your Friends Close' missions). You need to obtain SOME assets (by doing relevant missions preceded by purchasing those places), but the only one which I think is obligatory is The Printworks. Why? You'll know once you get that vital call...

hey there, 6 shooter. for the storyline the cherry popper wreally isn't that important. but, as we both know, it is important for "cap the collector" and "keep your friends close", but this is more like a variation, not a story.
have a good shoting, my friend smile.gif
6 shooter
QUOTE(alooper21 @ Apr 29 2006, 10:08 PM) [snapback]1142754[/snapback]

QUOTE(6 shooter @ Apr 27 2006, 12:23 PM) [snapback]1141504[/snapback]

hey there, 6 shooter. for the storyline the cherry popper wreally isn't that important. but, as we both know, it is important for "cap the collector" and "keep your friends close", but this is more like a variation, not a story.
have a good shoting, my friend smile.gif

hey alooper21,

the bottomline is that the Cherry Popper Ice Cream Factory does NOT need to be acquired as an asset as long as you acquire The Printworks + god knows how many other - optional - assets.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.