Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Your Problems
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
Baldman_Sonetti
Its come to my attention that some people on the forum have some deep-seated emotional, spiritual or mental problems. The purpose of this thread is let them talk about them and for others to offer advice.

Plea to mods: This isn't somethign I wanted to set up so people can be flamed about their problems, so I would greatly appreciate it if any errant flames or piss-taking were deleted from here ASAP.

Ground rules: Don't make up problems. Be constructive in your advice for peeps seeking it.

Okay, shoot.
Pecnut
OK, I've got a cold and I can't stop sneezing and I feel absolutely crap. What can I do about it?
Baldman_Sonetti
Lol it wasn't just about that.

Hmmm Pecnut...I find cod-liver oil helps.

<<< Advice king.
Toge
This topic might turn into arguing.
Baldman_Sonetti
It shouldn't, if people can act like grown-ups and respect that other people have problems.
DavidOrtiz34
ok... my problem is: My dad was recently diagnosed with some rare cancer (can't pronounce the name) and he could take medicine so that he could live up to 10 years, but that medicine is $20,000 a year. And we can't afford that. So my dad will have to go without the medicine. They said that without the medicine, he will only live 2 years or so. I've had so much to think about lately becaue a month or two ago, he had a triple bypass open heart surgey, because he almost died from a heart attack. With all this shit going on, I don't really know what to think. I'm really worried for him, and during school, thats all I really think about. If my dad passed away, that would seriously ruin my life. I don't know what to do or what to think.
Rank Outsider
QUOTE(DavidOrtiz34 @ Nov 30 2005, 09:28 PM) [snapback]1013044[/snapback]

ok... my problem is: My dad was recently diagnosed with some rare cancer (can't pronounce the name) and he could take medicine so that he could live up to 10 years, but that medicine is $20,000 a year. And we can't afford that. So my dad will have to go without the medicine. They said that without the medicine, he will only live 2 years or so. I've had so much to think about lately becaue a month or two ago, he had a triple bypass open heart surgey, because he almost died from a heart attack. With all this shit going on, I don't really know what to think. I'm really worried for him, and during school, thats all I really think about. If my dad passed away, that would seriously ruin my life. I don't know what to do or what to think.

Cant you borrow some money i.e. remortaging the house, or is that not possible at the current time?
Baldman_Sonetti
Does his work not offer him a health insurance plan? Say what you want, but this is whats wrong with the American health care system, you can only live if you can afford it.

Have you looked into getting treatment in another country?
Rank Outsider
As far as i know $20,000 is within the health insurance limit.
DavidOrtiz34
well, we have great insurance, and they pay for all of his medicine for his heart condition right now. But the thing is, the insurance is stupid and they won't cover new medicines, like this one. We can't remortgage anything, we are renting an apartment. He is going to go to clinical trials in Boston, MA and possibly darthmoth, VT, But idk what the hell that means.
GTA_PlAyA_728
I dont know if this really helps or not but i watched something on tv where a guy wrote a book about how the US doesnt let the cures for some diseases be let out in public. Cancer, Arthritis, Aids, Herpes.. All of it has a cure u only have to take the medicine once. The US doesnt allow it to be on the market because it would make drug companies go out of business and ruin the economy. I dont remember what the book is called but ive seen the advertisement a lot on comedy central between 6-7 in the morning.
DavidOrtiz34
QUOTE(GTA_PlAyA_728 @ Nov 30 2005, 05:00 PM) [snapback]1013086[/snapback]

I dont know if this really helps or not but i watched something on tv where a guy wrote a book about how the US doesnt let the cures for some diseases be let out in public. Cancer, Arthritis, Aids, Herpes.. All of it has a cure u only have to take the medicine once. The US doesnt allow it to be on the market because it would make drug companies go out of business and ruin the economy. I dont remember what the book is called but ive seen the advertisement a lot on comedy central between 6-7 in the morning.

ok, if this is true, then how would my dad even get this medicine? If he got ahold of it, then everyone in the world with cancer would be wanting to get it. The odds of this even existing are like, .0000000001%

IhateCuda'Ook
I have a mental problem, thats why I am on medication smile.gif

(not joking)
Rank Outsider
Cant you borrow money from relatives or get a job that would help contribute towards the cost. These pharmaceutical companies actually have payment plans for most expensive drugs,you don't have to pay all at once as long as you have the ability to pay for it in the future. Its similar to a loan where you prove you have a job that can pay the debt in a certain period of time.

QUOTE(IhateCuda'Ook @ Nov 30 2005, 10:08 PM) [snapback]1013100[/snapback]

I have a mental problem, thats why I am on medication smile.gif

Whats it called?

Thats if its not too private.
IhateCuda'Ook
I have Depression, and am on some tablets, can't remember what

Apparently:

Risk of self harm: Mild to medium
Risk of harm to others: Low

happy.gif
DavidOrtiz34
QUOTE(IhateCuda'Ook @ Nov 30 2005, 05:12 PM) [snapback]1013109[/snapback]

I have Depression, and am on some tablets, can't remember what

Apparently:

Risk of self harm: Mild to medium
Risk of harm to others: Low

happy.gif

wow... what would happen if you didn't take your medicine?
IhateCuda'Ook
Not a lot, it's not that serious, I have only just gone on it, later on if I stopped taking it (after taking it everyday), it would be bad
DavidOrtiz34
QUOTE(IhateCuda'Ook @ Nov 30 2005, 05:36 PM) [snapback]1013124[/snapback]

Not a lot, it's not that serious, I have only just gone on it, later on if I stopped taking it (after taking it everyday), it would be bad

that must suck having to take medicine. I used to have to take medicine for chronic migranes.
Rank Outsider
Is it a permanent problem or something caused by recent events?

IhateCuda'Ook
For me it has been recent events
Rank Outsider
Thats not an uncommon problem then, hopefully it should pass soon.
Glennon
For this first time in a while I don't have any problems, but I think I've got a anger problem which I'm going to go to doctors or something about because I keep shouting and lashing out at people when they piss me off so I've got to calm down...
Rank Outsider
QUOTE(Glennon @ Dec 1 2005, 12:02 AM) [snapback]1013220[/snapback]

For this first time in a while I don't have any problems, but I think I've got a anger problem which I'm going to go to doctors or something about because I keep shouting and lashing out at people when they piss me off so I've got to calm down...

Are you under any stress at the moment, that can make people a bit more irritable than normal. You should see if it passes or if theres some anger managemnet techniques you can use, getting doped up by a doctor can sometimes make things much worse.
PiFan314
i dont have any big problems. my only thing is stress. its all the damn schoolwork i get. not serious shit though...
GTA_PlAyA_728
QUOTE(DavidOrtiz34 @ Nov 30 2005, 10:05 PM) [snapback]1013091[/snapback]

QUOTE(GTA_PlAyA_728 @ Nov 30 2005, 05:00 PM) [snapback]1013086[/snapback]

ok, if this is true, then how would my dad even get this medicine? If he got ahold of it, then everyone in the world with cancer would be wanting to get it. The odds of this even existing are like, .0000000001%

The auther of the book gave out info about the cure for cancer. He said it was just a bunch of herbs from Africa. The dude was sued by the FCC for giving out this information. Wonder why? Ask yourself this question, if they did find a cure for cancer, if it was just a vaccine that cost $100 to produce, and you would only need to take it once, do you really think the US wants to lose millions of dollars from that? Nobody would need to go in for surgery month after month, they wouldent have to pay thousands of dollars worth of medical bills. The country would lose so much money.

Its like the thing with cigarettes, cigarettes would be banned right now if it wasent so important to the economy. But i guess the people that die from cigarettes each day are worth the money made to keep the country running rolleyes.gif
PiFan314
http://www.naturalcures.com/?gclid=CJfk8ri...CFROLSAodlESMOQ

theres your man^^
snowboy
ummm. you can get some good medicines in mexico that you cant get here. i sometimes get my medicine for when im sick there cause its a little stronger
GTA_PlAyA_728
QUOTE(PiFan314 @ Dec 1 2005, 12:41 AM) [snapback]1013243[/snapback]

Yup thats the guy, and it even shows articles about how their tryin to make it so he cant advertise his books anymore. Its unbelievable
Domino
QUOTE(PiFan314 @ Nov 30 2005, 07:41 PM) [snapback]1013243[/snapback]

My dad's got that book! Supposedly there's a cure for everything in it, and it's only like, 20 bux...
House
I got a problem...

Ok today at school my friend was fucking around and I tried to pull him out of it because he'd probably get expelled because he's done this quite alot of times.

Ok the threw a chair through a window and vandalized the class,I was there with him...

Now we are friends and I was wondering if I should dogg him in or just tell the teachers who are interogating me who did it.

I feel a bit guilty, but I'll live with it I guess but I got second thoughts.
Baldman_Sonetti
If the teachers can't prove that you were in the room, keep shtum. That way you don't incriminate your friend or yourself. But if they know for a fact that you were both in the room, but don't know which one of you it was, ask yourself if you want to be blamed for something you didn't do.

For the record, your friend sounds like a muppet.
Verruckt
QUOTE(Rydєя @ Dec 1 2005, 03:45 AM) [snapback]1013547[/snapback]

I got a problem...

Ok today at school my friend was fucking around and I tried to pull him out of it because he'd probably get expelled because he's done this quite alot of times.

Ok the threw a chair through a window and vandalized the class,I was there with him...

Now we are friends and I was wondering if I should dogg him in or just tell the teachers who are interogating me who did it.

First of all, don't let anyone interrogate you!
It would help to know why he may be acting like this. Is he doing drugs? Is he having panic attacks>? Does he get depression? Etc.

Sometimes a rough life can also spark violence. He could have some kind of hatred towards someone or a group of people that he's taking out on others. Are you of religion? Give more information about both of you. Because if you want to help him, it depends on both of you.
Rank Outsider
You shouldn't tell them anything.

If you wanted to then you should have done it at the start, now its too late so you'll still get in trouble because they'll say you lied before. A similar thing happened to me when one of my friends stole potassium from a science class, several of us got into trouble because we didn't tell anybody about it.
Strike
In mid-July, I was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes. That means from now, I shall have to unwillingly inject myself with Novamix30 (Insulin) twice a day. The problem I have is explaining it to others. Yeah, it may sound easy, but it ain't. Try telling other people that you have to inject yourself daily. You sound like a junkie.

Two questions:

1.) How do I go about it?

2.) Is there anything else I can do besides insulin?
Baldman_Sonetti
1. Just explain that it's diabetes. It's not uncommon, and your friends should understand.

2. I don't think so, insulin is the hormone needed by the body for something, and when you have diabetes, your body stops producing it. I think eating sugar helps, but I think you can only have so much. I don't know, sorry mate.
Sub-Zero
I have visions of killing everyone also I have a big anger problem with games like when I lose I keep smashing up the controller I cant help it.
Rank Outsider
QUOTE(sam2 @ Dec 1 2005, 07:28 PM) [snapback]1013813[/snapback]

I have visions of killing everyone

Are you being serious? If so, have you seen a medical professional about it.

DavidOrtiz34
QUOTE(Rank Outsider @ Dec 1 2005, 02:32 PM) [snapback]1013816[/snapback]

QUOTE(sam2 @ Dec 1 2005, 07:28 PM) [snapback]1013813[/snapback]

I have visions of killing everyone

Are you being serious? If so, have you seen a medical professional about it.

he's probably just fucking around. I hope he's fucking around. If not, he needs help. But the thing he said about smashing controllers, I know how he feels. I do that a lot.
COLDOG
I got a problem. My sleeping patterns all screwed up, and I'm not tired when I go to bed. I found myself up until daylight a couple of times.

So, when I go to bed, I'm not tired, thefore I wake up late the next day, making me not tired when I go to bed.
Verruckt
QUOTE(sam2 @ Dec 1 2005, 11:28 AM) [snapback]1013813[/snapback]

I have visions of killing everyone also I have a big anger problem with games like when I lose I keep smashing up the controller I cant help it.

I have the same problem. I have visions of murder, I get urges to go on killing sprees, I walk around with large knives. I feel so much anger, yet don't know the source. Is that anything like what you feel? And tons of people do the controller thing.
Glennon
QUOTE(Rank Outsider @ Dec 1 2005, 12:21 AM) [snapback]1013228[/snapback]

QUOTE(Glennon @ Dec 1 2005, 12:02 AM) [snapback]1013220[/snapback]

Are you under any stress at the moment, that can make people a bit more irritable than normal. You should see if it passes or if theres some anger managemnet techniques you can use, getting doped up by a doctor can sometimes make things much worse.

I only do it if someone really pisses me off, I've calmed down a bit over the past couple of days though
Rank Outsider
Yeah its probably just a temporary thing, some things can piss you off and take a few days to get over.
Flash6289
I've got a cold, in fact I just coughed and phlegm flew from my mouth and onto my keyboard. Nasty shit. *Dodging the phlegm*.. lol
oreyKo
QUOTE(mrrt51 @ Dec 2 2005, 03:23 AM) [snapback]1014966[/snapback]

QUOTE(sam2 @ Dec 1 2005, 11:28 AM) [snapback]1013813[/snapback]

I have the same problem. I have visions of murder, I get urges to go on killing sprees, I walk around with large knives. I feel so much anger, yet don't know the source. Is that anything like what you feel? And tons of people do the controller thing.

You two ain't alone on this. I certainly have visions of murder but mostly visions of beating the said person in question at the time to a bloody fucking mess. Yeah I get hassled around here and I also invision it when I practice my boxing in my basement.
House
QUOTE(mrrt51 @ Dec 1 2005, 10:52 PM) [snapback]1013551[/snapback]

QUOTE(Rydєя @ Dec 1 2005, 03:45 AM) [snapback]1013547[/snapback]

I got a problem...

First of all, don't let anyone interrogate you!
It would help to know why he may be acting like this. Is he doing drugs? Is he having panic attacks>? Does he get depression? Etc.

Sometimes a rough life can also spark violence. He could have some kind of hatred towards someone or a group of people that he's taking out on others. Are you of religion? Give more information about both of you. Because if you want to help him, it depends on both of you.

Well a teacher gave him after school detention, he was at detention his girl friend thought he was fucking around with someone else....guess what she dumped him.

So a chair through the window was the revenge.

Well anyways I've decided the both of us get the blame but it's not until Monday untill the teachers ask me what I'll say.
Rank Outsider
Why do you have to say anything, if you haven't realised yet the teachers are bluffing. If they had any real proof or knew for sure then they wouldn't need your confession, they would have begun the main punishment already.
oreyKo
QUOTE(Reese @ Dec 2 2005, 07:48 PM) [snapback]1015903[/snapback]

i'm being serious here, and i'm in a rut:
-i'm 40 years old, i'm a virgin, i'm fat and bald. i'm 5'2 and 230 lbs, i have no job, and i still like at home. i don't know what to do

Well dont worry about the virginity issue as its not as much of a deal as people make it out to be. Now being 40 and not having a job is quite an issue though. Have you considered going to a job service of some sort because they can probably help you out or is there a Salvation Army you can go to ring bell for that pays money? Once you get a job you'll be able to save up enough money to get an apartment at the very least. Good luck man wink.gif.
oreyKo
QUOTE(Reese @ Dec 2 2005, 07:54 PM) [snapback]1015922[/snapback]

ive had a few, but got laid off. i've worked in factories, as an overseer and we shut down. it sucks

Oh, yeah that does suck. Are there any job services though to help you get back on your feet? or as stated previously a Salvation Army like outfit you could ring bell for to make a little extra money for the holidays?
DavidOrtiz34
QUOTE(oreyKo @ Dec 2 2005, 08:56 PM) [snapback]1015927[/snapback]

QUOTE(Reese @ Dec 2 2005, 07:54 PM) [snapback]1015922[/snapback]

ive had a few, but got laid off. i've worked in factories, as an overseer and we shut down. it sucks

Oh, yeah that does suck. Are there any job services though to help you get back on your feet? or as stated previously a Salvation Army like outfit you could ring bell for to make a little extra money for the holidays?

well.. you could just apply for some jobs (cashier, stuff like that) , and hopefully you'll get one.
Caliguy
Yeah that's pretty pathetic if you can't find a job. There's plenty of things you can do to work. Get off the computer and look. What a foolish way to live.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.