Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NRG and BMX challenge
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA Old Gen > GTA 3D > Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
RAHUL
right i have done 98% of the game and im pretty sure that i just need to do the NRG challenge and the BMx challenge. but getting the checkpoints in both challenges is hard. how do you bunny hop? can you pick the up high checkpoints by bunny hopping?
Baldman_Sonetti
If your cycling skill is at max (I assume it must be if you've completed the Chiliad challenges and the Courier missions), you can get the high checkpoints on the BMX by bunnyhopping. Hold L1, the longer the hold the higher you jump.

The NRG's a bitch, I'm still working on it.
stofke
BMX is easy exept the corona in the qwarter-pipe (try to get that one 1st)
Swiift
QUOTE(stofke @ Oct 29 2005, 12:53 PM) [snapback]975996[/snapback]

that one took me ages.
sh*t.
mad.gif
stofke
that corona was a hard one
but i finished it so..
Bag Of Puppies
yep that's the only one a really can't get no matter how hard I try wallbash_red.gif
infested
On NRG-challenge, go directly forward, and collect the on there, continue out on the gate, where there is one in the middle, and over it to collect the one there. Go down, collect the ones on the bottom and the ones in the "stairs". Then, you can see the shadows of the other coronas if you look carefully. Just go straight on the shadows, and you will collect them easily.

Hope this will help
stofke
QUOTE(ilike2destroy @ Oct 31 2005, 11:15 AM) [snapback]978805[/snapback]

yep that's the only one a really can't get no matter how hard I try wallbash_red.gif

i've fdid that bmx-challange again and got the corano there first
ya just need to jump high
Baldman_Sonetti
Completed NRG! Just gotta do Chiliad and I'm home free. Then I'ma finish collecting horeshoes and start the LV missions.
GTA Will Live Forever
i hate the nrg challenge... wallbash_red.gif wallbash_red.gif
duskodux
All it requires you to do is grab a checkpoint literally JUST after the timer disappears after hitting 0 seconds. The best way to do this is to go down the hill to the right and wait under the floating checkpoint, in a bunny hop position. About half a second through 0 seconds, release L1 and if you timed it perfectly, you'll get the checkpoint just after the timer disappears, and then you have as long as you want to grab the rest! If you miss the exact time, just pedal to the top of the hill and get off, then back on the bike to start the mission again. It takes a bit of good timing, but it certainly helps if you're having trouble with the mission.

I red it on some page.
It works!
AFRO
QUOTE(duskodux @ Nov 2 2005, 08:00 PM) [snapback]982145[/snapback]

All it requires you to do is grab a checkpoint literally JUST after the timer disappears after hitting 0 seconds. The best way to do this is to go down the hill to the right and wait under the floating checkpoint, in a bunny hop position. About half a second through 0 seconds, release L1 and if you timed it perfectly, you'll get the checkpoint just after the timer disappears, and then you have as long as you want to grab the rest! If you miss the exact time, just pedal to the top of the hill and get off, then back on the bike to start the mission again. It takes a bit of good timing, but it certainly helps if you're having trouble with the mission.

I red it on some page.
It works!

Yeah this works for both challenges.. I watch for the timmer to start to dissapear, and one like half-sec before that, jump or roll over the carona. if done properly there will still be caronas but no timer!... you may try for like a half-hour to time it right, but its sooooo worth it since u get as much time as u need. also for the high BMX one, if you drive a vehical (like the bobcat truck) onto the halfpike b4 u start the mission you can hop on the vehical then hop from the roof of the vehical to get the high/hard to get one...
ben healy
QUOTE(stofke @ Oct 29 2005, 10:53 PM) [snapback]975996[/snapback]

I wouldn't do that. Get the easier one's first so then you have time to get the harder coronas.
alooper21
a was looking for an advice on how to comlpete the bmx chalenge and just got to this ideea: what if before starting you park a car next to that hardest corona and taking it by bunnyhooping on the car then from there on it? shoud be a long vehicle, like a bus or smth.

i will try this as soon as i can and i will post the result here smile.gif
Mzeppelin
Go Here and watch both videos for the BMX and NRG Challenges. They're actually really easy with the right stradegy.
Rocka91
^True, there's one I always use to get the first about 5 or 6.... There's a trick to the NRG challenge... wait for the time to go down to 1 second on the clock, and go through a corona just before you fail... the time will freeze and give you plenty of time to finish it. I've never tried it, cuz I've never needed it, but I've had a couple of ppl on this site tell me it's possible.
alooper21
QUOTE(stofke @ Oct 29 2005, 12:25 PM) [snapback]975996[/snapback]

that is the last to get. if you move fast with all the others you get enough time (maybe two minutes) to try for that one. i just discovered an alternative to the car solution: running to the small ramp that gets you on the pipe just bunny-hop from it directly on the top of the pipe. it might take some training before starting the mission, but is rather easy than difficult.
OptimumPx
QUOTE(alooper21 @ Feb 27 2009, 10:48 PM) [snapback]1487621[/snapback]
QUOTE(stofke @ Oct 29 2005, 12:25 PM) [snapback]975996[/snapback]

that is the last to get. if you move fast with all the others you get enough time (maybe two minutes) to try for that one. i just discovered an alternative to the car solution: running to the small ramp that gets you on the pipe just bunny-hop from it directly on the top of the pipe. it might take some training before starting the mission, but is rather easy than difficult.

Wow...this topic is was last replied to in May 2006!

Dusty old bump!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.