Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: If The Earth Suddenly Stoped Spinning!
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
undercoverbrother
Well, it's quite simple my dear Steve0, you just...uh.......... mellow.gif ...
Domino
If the world had stopped, then things wouldn't be going that fast...
skinheadonthembta
QUOTE(Ima1337Pimp @ Oct 27 2005, 07:56 PM) [snapback]974050[/snapback]

And Pluto isn't a planet - It's far too small to be called a planet - the are actually asteroids in the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter that are almost the same size.

Pluto is a planet because it orbits the sun. Sure there are asteroids bigger than pluto but they do not orbit the sun.

Why do they stay where they are then? They're held in place in the asteroid belt by the sun's graviational force, and they go round it in a regular time interval, therefore they orbit the sun.
Un-Amurikan Bastage
QUOTE(Lord Steve0 @ Nov 1 2005, 03:08 PM) [snapback]980911[/snapback]

No i meant the farting one. Sorry if my post made no sense!

I'm just interested to see if it would actually be possible to move the earth.

There would most likely be a noticeable change in the earth's rotation (if they all farted in the opposite direction of the Earth's spinning), or a jolt imo...

On the s. pole though...if they farted into the sky, or faced the same direction or what? I think it may result in a tremor...
R3D_WUD
Would there be mass nausia?
Un-Amurikan Bastage
QUOTE(R3D_WUD @ Nov 2 2005, 03:33 AM) [snapback]981744[/snapback]

Would there be mass nausia?

But of course, and possibly another hole in the ozone, as methane is a greenhouse gas, and our shitstink is methane...
Ilimanation
QUOTE(CoreyKo @ Oct 19 2005, 11:40 PM) [snapback]964731[/snapback]
That would be kinda cool but at the same time it would be kinda odd =/

YEa, wed die! How cool! W00t! How would that be cool? Well, if you could manage to survive somehow, I guess it would be kinda cool. Tidal waves, continants flying off the face of the earth, ect...

Un-Amurikan Bastage
QUOTE(Xie @ Nov 6 2005, 10:43 AM) [snapback]986593[/snapback]

QUOTE(CoreyKo @ Oct 19 2005, 11:40 PM) [snapback]964731[/snapback]
That would be kinda cool but at the same time it would be kinda odd =/

YEa, wed die! How cool! W00t! How would that be cool? Well, if you could manage to survive somehow, I guess it would be kinda cool. Tidal waves, continants flying off the face of the earth, ect...

You couldn't survive the Earth falling apart...which would begin instantaneously...given the Earth just stopped, not slowed...
Camaro
if we really went that fast, that would be really fun
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.