Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fallout Series
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(§ynch @ Aug 7 2009, 01:26 AM) [snapback]1517107[/snapback]
That rules if it's like a doctor or merchant with loads of inventory.

That's the best part about having an evil character.
bOnEs
being evil pays off don't it? biggrin.gif...
§ynch
Don't even have to be evil, follow someone long enough they will get killed. laugh.gif

bOnEs
yea, but it's funner using shotgun diplomacy... lol, i use that line often these days... ever since i heard three dog say it, i've tried sneaking it into conversations where it makes sense... my friends thought it was cool the first 10 times i said it... now it's getting old to them but, not to me...
§ynch
You don't have to be evil to know how to use shotgun diplomacy L0L.

More adventures with gnomes.

I couldn't access this area, but there was a hole in the wall
so the sniper scope worked. This is during the Old Olney
Powerworks, after the Wilson Building. (Broken Steel)

It's the Gnome - Teddy chess tournament.

Enhanced version (bright / contrast / sharpen filter)

bOnEs
that seems to be more like checkers since there's only beer bottles and milk bottles... or are those dirty waters?? lol, it's hilarious to see a liquor bottle next to the teddy bear... reminds me of all those crazy positions the developers set the teddy bears up in the red racer factory biggrin.gif...

EDIT: oh yea, forgot to mention... i ended up playing fallout 3 friday night... i was bored and noticed while copying my game saves that my good girl, Valentine, was far from level 20, she's at 13... and i would like to get her up there by the time broken steel comes out... so, i decided to load the game, and i noticed that i was on my way to vault 92... so, i went there... got the soil stradivarius... but, on my way out, i thought i'd check out the reactor room... wasn't sure if i ever went down there... well, i saw that the entire level was flooded and realized, i haven't been down there, lol... i am sure i passed on it the other two times i went in there because, i feared what i would find in the water laugh.gif... i've had my encounters with mirelurks in the water before and it never was any fun (arefu & rivet city)... but, i never went under the water like i did in those places so, it wasn't that bad... there's nothing down there except a terminal to read stuff off of... but, it's kinda funny that i avoided the reactor room entirely on my previous games laugh.gif...

i still can't believe the fear those damn things give me... i mean, i was still playing very very cautious throughout the vault, even with charon at my side delivering his version of "shotgun diplomacy" biggrin.gif... and i saw a lot more mirelurk kings in there than i had ever seen before... i could of swore i scavenged through vault 92 at level 18 last time and didn't see nearly as many kings... maybe it's random??
§ynch
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Aug 9 2009, 08:30 AM) [snapback]1517346[/snapback]
that seems to be more like checkers since there's only beer bottles and milk bottles... or are those dirty waters?? lol, it's hilarious to see a liquor bottle next to the teddy bear... reminds me of all those crazy positions the developers set the teddy bears up in the red racer factory biggrin.gif...

EDIT: oh yea, forgot to mention... i ended up playing fallout 3 friday night... i was bored and noticed while copying my game saves that my good girl, Valentine, was far from level 20, she's at 13... and i would like to get her up there by the time broken steel comes out... so, i decided to load the game, and i noticed that i was on my way to vault 92... so, i went there... got the soil stradivarius... but, on my way out, i thought i'd check out the reactor room... wasn't sure if i ever went down there... well, i saw that the entire level was flooded and realized, i haven't been down there, lol... i am sure i passed on it the other two times i went in there because, i feared what i would find in the water laugh.gif... i've had my encounters with mirelurks in the water before and it never was any fun (arefu & rivet city)... but, i never went under the water like i did in those places so, it wasn't that bad... there's nothing down there except a terminal to read stuff off of... but, it's kinda funny that i avoided the reactor room entirely on my previous games laugh.gif...

i still can't believe the fear those damn things give me... i mean, i was still playing very very cautious throughout the vault, even with charon at my side delivering his version of "shotgun diplomacy" biggrin.gif... and i saw a lot more mirelurk kings in there than i had ever seen before... i could of swore i scavenged through vault 92 at level 18 last time and didn't see nearly as many kings... maybe it's random??

I always go down in the flooded reactor room, specifically to kill the kings.
That whole vault is like a seafood market for me, good stuff.
DonkeyTits
Just a sidenot lol I thought I'd throw into this topic:

I illegally downloaded Fallout 3 via torrent a few weeks ago. A few days ago I (i.e. my dad) got a letter from our ISP threatening us not to download any more shit illegally. We got the letter specifically cause of the FO3 dl. Let this be a warning :-/
Darth Sexy
QUOTE(DonkeyTits @ Aug 10 2009, 05:12 PM) [snapback]1517396[/snapback]
Just a sidenot lol I thought I'd throw into this topic:

I illegally downloaded Fallout 3 via torrent a few weeks ago. A few days ago I (i.e. my dad) got a letter from our ISP threatening us not to download any more shit illegally. We got the letter specifically cause of the FO3 dl. Let this be a warning :-/

Wtf? I've never heard of that happening.
bOnEs
wow, that's pretty fucked up... i never would of thought the ISP would be the one to inform you...
Pieface
This how the letter went?

"Dear Mr SQ's father,

Please stop downloading shit illegaly kthxbi?"
§ynch
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Aug 9 2009, 08:30 AM) [snapback]1517346[/snapback]
that seems to be more like checkers since there's only beer bottles and milk bottles

Good point, probably is checkers.
Since the game calls the board a chessboard
when you pick it up, I guessed it was chess.

This however, is Gnome Bowling from the Mobile Enclave Crawler.
I mentioned it before but now on PC, I can get screen shots.

Enhanced:

Also from Broken Steel, using the Enclave Deathclaw Descrambler...my crew L0L:

Some leftover shots.

20 big boys:

V-Bagging Reilly:

Pieface
After starting my game on Saturday I'm around Level 14 and done most of the main storyline, and about half of the sidequests... Not met a Deathclaw yet though.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(§ynch @ Aug 10 2009, 07:25 PM) [snapback]1517474[/snapback]
Also from Broken Steel, using the Enclave Deathclaw Descrambler...my crew L0L:

That was one of the coolest features of Broken Steel. I remember running north to Old Oldney with 3 Deathclaws in tow, just fucking up some Enclave.

Also, LOL on the V-bagging. I like to jump on people while they're sleeping and give them they old t-bag-a-roo-ski, then wake them up and have a meaningless conversation with them.

I am going to do a final review for Mothership Zeta later today, I finished it last week and have just kind of been too busy. Fucking work.

QUOTE(Pieface @ Aug 10 2009, 08:02 PM) [snapback]1517483[/snapback]
After starting my game on Saturday I'm around Level 14 and done most of the main storyline, and about half of the sidequests... Not met a Deathclaw yet though.

Go to Old Oldney... or the Death Claw Sanctuary. Bring your dart gun and hella bullets.

ALSO - kind of unrelated yet related - I just received Oblivion: GOTY Edition last night. How would you compare it to Fallout 3? I understand the basic differences of the game, but more a long the lines of an overall gaming experience... I'll probably start to find out this evening, but in the meantime, I am stuck at work.
Pieface
Oblivion is a lot like Fallout, in that the scenery gets very samey and boring quickly. It's mainly full of caves and can get boring quickly.
PabloHoneyOle
I was looking for something more positive, not based on the graphics or scenery, but thanks.

Looks like it has been awhile since you've played.
I was hoping for a response for someone who actually enjoyed the game and maybe even finished it.
bOnEs
i've started from the beginning twice with oblivion, my first file reached level 10 i think while, my second file nearly reached the same point in the story but, i was level 1 still... the leveling system will take some time to understand... it really does feel like fallout 3 but, more of a fantasy setting of course but, it's got it's goods and bads... and it looks like a game i'll never finish completely, hell might not even finish the main story, it's that big... it took me about 120 hours to fully complete fallout 3 without the DLC... oblivion looks like it could easily take 300 hours to complete... it does have the same boring layout for all caves, ruins, and interiors... the cities and landscape offer a bit more variety but, just like fallout, you'll see the same textures over and over...

i don't know, i like it but, i'm not in love with it... it's fun to pop in from time to time... and making your own magical items is fun... but, putting in all the work necessary for a proper level up is just downright repetitive... get used to standing somewhere just using your magic spells over and over on nothing, just to improve it's effectiveness and to help the leveling system balance out... and your enemies level with you... so, running into deathclaws (just an example) at level 1 is doable since his skills will also be at level 1... but, that's where the tricky part of oblivion kicks in... if your not careful, the enemies might pass you in stats even though they are leveling with you... when you get into the 10's and beyond, you have to make sure your not neglecting any important minor skills because, enemies level perfectly while players like myself are prone to mistakes and forgetting about other skills...

the quests and just the overall feel definitely will remind you of fallout 3... just be prepared to sell everything you don't need for a while as it takes a long time to earn enough money to buy a house to store em in... you can't just leave things lying around in oblivion, they disappear eventually...

i give it 7/10... fun but, not as engaging as fallout 3...
Pieface
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Aug 11 2009, 03:29 PM) [snapback]1517531[/snapback]
I was looking for something more positive, not based on the graphics or scenery, but thanks.

Looks like it has been awhile since you've played.
I was hoping for a response for someone who actually enjoyed the game and maybe even finished it.

You won't find many people who have completed it fully really. It is just so much bigger than Fallout 3. When I played it I wanted to like it, but just found it get repetitive.
PabloHoneyOle
Thanks bones.

I didn't realize it was such a large game. It seems overwhelming, but so did Fallout 3 at first. I'll give it a shot. I'm looking back through this thread for the kid who had a boner for Oblivion and was skeptical about Fallout 3.

I'm like the opposite.
bOnEs
i believe that was opiumPX or something... and dupzor fancies is a bit too... i got an old friend that swears by this game... there's an old topic someone created when i purchased oblivion a while back so i would have a place to ask questions... wouldn't hurt to revive that topic if you find yourself getting into it like i was at first...

EDIT: it was AST!! here's the topic: http://www.gta4.tv/forums/index.php?showtopic=791233
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Aug 11 2009, 12:47 PM) [snapback]1517552[/snapback]
EDIT: it was AST!! here's the topic: http://www.gta4.tv/forums/index.php?showtopic=791233

Fuck Ast! Thanks again.
Darth Sexy
I never really got into Oblivion. Not sure why.
Massacre
QUOTE(§ynch @ Aug 3 2009, 09:10 PM) [snapback]1516681[/snapback]
Thanks Massacre, and congratulations on becoming a moderator. smile.gif

I've gotta get a new avatar...

QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Aug 5 2009, 01:22 PM) [snapback]1516811[/snapback]
On a side note, I think Massacre is dead as he has yet to comment on this thread.

I'm alive, just out of town. I'm in St. Augustine until the 21st. I was in Tampa yesterday for the Rockstar Mayhem Festival from 1pm to midnight. Fucking amazing. I won't be able to play MZ until I get back.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Massacre @ Aug 12 2009, 02:28 PM) [snapback]1517731[/snapback]
I was in Tampa yesterday for the Rockstar Mayhem Festival from 1pm to midnight. Fucking amazing. I won't be able to play MZ until I get back.

You should have hit me up. I wouldn't have raped you, but it would have been interesting to meet you.

Anyway, I'm still putting off my Mothership Zeta final review. I'll get to it. Maybe this afternoon. Still hella depressed about the whole RRoD shitfest.
PabloHoneyOle
Ok, onto my Mothership Zeta final review.

When I last left off, I was stuck in the hangar blowing up one the many generators that power everything on the fucking ship. After blowing all them up; you're granted access to the Captain's area where you battle the Captain (all it took was one headshot) and then kill off all of the remaining aliens; all while commanding the bridge and blowing up another alien ship that is attacking your newly acquired ship. It was cool, yet anti-climactic ending. The surviving members of my party were very fucking nonchalant about the whole experience and me saving their damn lives.

Don't get me wrong, it's hella awesome; just didn't really come together like you would have hoped. Kind of like... okay, now what? So the Alien Ship is now mine; I have limited access to a few places and have come across what appear to be respawning aliens in the Steamworks area. Not sure how many times they return; but they were there after I killed off the captain and everyone in the bridge. I've heard that you can return to the ship after going back to earth; but I haven't made the trip back home. I have assembled a shitton of alien technology to introduce to the wasteland.

I didn't manage to get all of the alien diaries; so I will have to go back and do that in another save file.

After awhile; killing aliens started to get old, but no more than Raiders or Ghouls, but I just wanted there to be something more like the Queen from Aliens or my dad like from Contact. The abominations were just bigger versions of the aliens and neither presented any sort of real challenge; just a tedious repetition of V.A.T.S. sneak headshots.

Not the BEST DLC, but I still think it was damn good for what it brings to the series. If I had to rank all of the DLC; it would be like so (not to discredit any of them; I loved them all):
1. Broken Steel - level cap; resolution to storyline; best introduction of weapons and new enemies
2. Point Lookout - new environment; great missions; good weapons/costumes; short storyline
3. Mothership Zeta - new environment; great alien items; repetitive missions
4. The Pitt - new environment; good offering of items; weakest of storylines
5. Operation Anchorage - great storyline; chinese stealth armor and gauss rifle FTW; can't revisit Alaska

I will definitely replay it with a lower level character and a better inventory to work with.
bOnEs
been waiting for your review there stoic... you touched on a lot of points that i've read concerning the lack of a climax... but then again, even the ending of the original game lacked any sort of oomph... it seems like the dialog never shows any sense of emotion, which hurts the dramatic presentation... but, not enough for me to not play the game biggrin.gif... but, that's evident throughout your adventure anyways, nothing new...

i heard there's a death ray on board that you can use at your own leisure biggrin.gif... sounds like a nice stress reliever...

i can't wait to start playing these DLC's... i worked on my good girl file last night, got her to almost level 15... completed tranquility lane and, did the failsafe option this time (the good karma outcome, even though your killing off everyone)... but, i did something i never did before... i followed my dad all the way back to rivet city... that was kinda fun, running full speed until an enemy crossed our path...

my dad started out with his crappy pistol then, he ran out ammo and started using his fists, lol laugh.gif... thankfully me and charon were following him so he didn't look like an idiot... instead he looked he was conan the barbarian or something, thinking he's got fists of fury... but, not to long after that we ran into some super mutants (after seeing nothing but giant radscorpions and yao gui's for a long time)... and daddy started using some firepower like chinese assault rifles and miniguns... i kinda started getting pissed because he was looting just about every dead guy of his ammo and weapons... but, it was a fun little quest, traveling across the entire map... i thought it was gonna take a long time but, only took about 20 minutes or so since we had to stop every time there was something to shoot...
TheAnalogKid2112
Great, detailed write-up as usual. I have one question, though. Have you gotten any more Alien Blasters? I never use mine because there is nothing to repair it with.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Aug 13 2009, 05:04 PM) [snapback]1517898[/snapback]
i heard there's a death ray on board that you can use at your own leisure :D... sounds like a nice stress reliever...

Yeah, I've hit the Earth quite a few times with it. It would be nice to be able to wipe out other cities and shit with it.
bOnEs
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Aug 13 2009, 05:07 PM) [snapback]1517899[/snapback]
Great, detailed write-up as usual. I have one question, though. Have you gotten any more Alien Blasters? I never use mine because there is nothing to repair it with.

i heard there is no alien blaster or anything that could be used for repairs... you'll just have to deal with using merchants with high repair skills...
§ynch
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Aug 13 2009, 02:37 PM) [snapback]1517909[/snapback]
i heard there is no alien blaster or anything that could be used for repairs...
you'll just have to deal with using merchants with high repair skills...

You can sacrifice one of the two Alien Blasters to repair the other.
I just keep my two on the shelf with the Firelance, more of a display really.

The Tri-Beam Laser and the Metal Blaster will disintegrate anything as well.
Nice little pile of dust left behind....

PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Aug 13 2009, 05:37 PM) [snapback]1517909[/snapback]
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Aug 13 2009, 05:07 PM) [snapback]1517899[/snapback]

i heard there is no alien blaster or anything that could be used for repairs... you'll just have to deal with using merchants with high repair skills...

There is Alien Epoxy which you can use to repair weapons with. Or just get it repaired.

There is the Captain's Sidearm which you get from killing the Captain (obviously) and a SHITTON of the Alien Blaster ammo. The Captain's Sidearm sends a spray shot which is less accurate; but with over 1000 ammo; there's no real worries. Plus, you'll have tons of Disintegrators and Atomizers to fulfill your alien technology needs.
bOnEs
yea, i kinda want that sidearm... it'll pry be the weapon of choice for my next evil incarnation, which i'll start immediately after i have beaten mothership zeta with both of my files... he's gonna be a wasteland outlaw biggrin.gif... dishing out his own brand of justice wherever he goes...

i was just exploring around the downtown DC ruins last night and came across this place: DCTA Tunnel 14B... enter this place from the georgetown west location and tell me that doesn't creep you out laugh.gif... i walked in and was immediately spotted by a couple of mirelurks... once i killed them and ventured down the stairs, i saw nothing but mirelurk eggs all over the place... that's probably the most i've ever seen in a single location... i got creeped out and left back the way i came... didn't have the stomach to explore laugh.gif...
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Darth Sexy @ Aug 12 2009, 03:56 AM) [snapback]1517689[/snapback]
I never really got into Oblivion. Not sure why.

I know this isn't the Oblivion topic; but I asked for a comparison to Fallout 3 on the last page; and I think I am ready to answer my own question. This is all a matter of preference and opinion; obviously. There are people who will swear by Oblivion; some who swear by Fallout; and some who don't really give a shit about either.

First of all, I have only played Oblivion for about six hours total and I know I haven't scratched the surface of the game; but I think the issue is that I'M NOT COMPELLED TO.

This can probably be blamed on playing Fallout 3 first. If I picked up Oblivion first; there would be no way for me to compare the lush landscapes of Cyrodiil to the horrific splendor of the Capital Wasteland. Of course, I probably never would have picked up Oblivion if it weren't for Fallout 3. I knew it would not be as good as Fallout 3; but I did not know Fallout 3 was going to become my favorite game ever.

I remember when Fallout 3 was released; I opted to get Fable 2 over it; mostly because I had never heard of the Fallout universe and I thought Fable 2 was the next-gen RPG I was looking for. I'm glad I got Fable 2; because like Oblivion; it was nothing compared to the gameplay and customization of Fallout 3. Fable 2 was great; but again; I had no idea what I was missing with Fallout 3.

Back on topic; what originally drew me to Fallout 3 was exploring the wasteland of Washington D.C.; an area I am vaguely familiar with in real life. It was the same feeling of exploration presented with Liberty City in GTA4 and my experiences in New York City. I was still unsure about the gameplay or storyline when I finally got Fallout 3 in mid-February. I put off playing my recently downloaded GTA:TLaD for months because I received Fallout 3 in the mail the day TLaD was available for download.

What draws me into Fallout 3 more so than Oblivion is the "realism" of the post-apocalyptic world vs. some ancient fantasy land. When I started playing Oblivion; even selecting my character/class and such was aggravating because all the characters looked like mongoloids, faggots, or something you'd find at a pet store. I ended up selecting the cat man and the thief gig. I can't really relate to a cat man, but it's better than looking like I have down syndrome.

As far as selecting my stats; birth sign and all that shit; I didn't really know what I wanted or needed. or honestly, what I was doing. My first Fallout 3 guy was a better representation of the character I want to be running around as; even had my stupid beard. The SPECIAL system was better at kind of laying out the character you wanted and the GOAT test was a inventive way of "creating" your character's stats.

The tutorials to starting the game were vaguely similar; father/authority figure is introduced; sets story in motion. Again; investigating and pursuing my missing father is more intriguing than a King who's got a bounty on his head telling me that he had a dream about me. Fine, I don't really give a shit; but I'll deliver your necklace to some guy who's name I can't pronounce or remember to get this shit rolling. I've done the Arena line of quests which were painstakingly easy and joined a few guilds; I'll start seeking out more quests when I get a working Xbox again.

I probably could go on for days; but most of my points relate to Fallout 3 being the successor to Oblivion. Everything was done a little better with Fallout 3; it's a little fresher; draws you in more and just seems more exciting to me. I'll probably play Oblivion for the achievements and try to do it with an open mind; but in the back of my head I'll be thinking about all the stuff I could be doing in the Capital Wasteland instead.
bOnEs
yea, the whole character creation system in oblivion was so vast that i really had no clue where to begin, which is why i did a TON of research on what kind of character i wanted to play before i got the game... once i ordered it, i began the 3 day affair of trying to figure out what race, birthsign and traits i was the most concerned about...

then i got to creating my character and noticed something odd... none of the male characters could grow a beard!! it's like facial hair was banned by the king himself laugh.gif... but, i'll give them some credit, the environments are far better looking than fallout 3 and i am not talking graphically (F3 is superior), i'm talking visually... like you said, fallout 3 can't compare because fallout 3 looks gruesome, deserted, and full of despair... cryodill has life and lush forests to wander through...

the other characters that fill the world do look odd, don't they? they seem to have faces that are either stretched or squished... and the clothing options aren't enough to write about... kinda bland and boring if you ask me... there's not really any unique sets of armor that set them apart from others... whereas in fallout 3, there's plenty of items that can set you apart from the crowd... well, in fallout, it's more of a gathering laugh.gif... oblivion is the one with massive amounts of characters...

your like me though, fallout 3 is my favorite game and i just can't compare it at all to oblivion because oblivion doesn't even come close... i even think that if i played oblivion first, i'd still prefer fallout 3 because, it's more of my kind of game... fantasy worlds with magic powers isn't really my thing to be honest, i'm not a big RPG fan at all... yet, fallout 3 doesn't really play out like an RPG... sure there's a leveling system and traits to improve but, the guns just change the whole idea... guns were never used in RPG's... it's the action RPG element i think... and that's why oblivion is probably one of my favorite fantasy RPG's because its action combat, not select a spell, cast it, wait for the enemy to strike, rinse and repeat...

i guess what i am trying to say is i like the diablo's and balder's gate kinds of RPG's... both of these fall into that category... but the guns change everything... it kinda takes it away from the RPG element... it doesn't even feel like an RPG until you hear, "dundleDUN!" and you've just gained a level...

god, i wish i could forget everything i know about fallout 3 and start all over with a fresh mind about this game... the excitement and feeling i had on my first playthrough was priceless... i want that feeling back... maybe the DLC's will offer that up but, probably not as intense... i guess i'll have to wait for new vegas to get that "kid in a candy store" feeling again biggrin.gif...
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Aug 14 2009, 04:24 PM) [snapback]1518047[/snapback]
god, i wish i could forget everything i know about fallout 3 and start all over with a fresh mind about this game... the excitement and feeling i had on my first playthrough was priceless... i want that feeling back... maybe the DLC's will offer that up but, probably not as intense... i guess i'll have to wait for new vegas to get that "kid in a candy store" feeling again :D...

I feel the same way. No other gaming experience will ever surmount to exiting the Vault into the Wasteland; the whole world at your fingertips.
Pieface
The problem I found between the characters, that you're just thrown into an Adult character which you can't connect with straight away in Oblivion, yet even if it's like for an hour or two, being a kid just connects you together in Fallout 3 and you actually care about the character.
bOnEs
QUOTE(Pieface @ Aug 14 2009, 05:16 PM) [snapback]1518064[/snapback]
The problem I found between the characters, that you're just thrown into an Adult character which you can't connect with straight away in Oblivion, yet even if it's like for an hour or two, being a kid just connects you together in Fallout 3 and you actually care about the character.

great point pie.... pie... pieFASCINATES!! you really do get drawn more into the character that way considering that you are controlling their every move from childbirth (in a video game kinda way laugh.gif)... birth, toddler, child, teenage... WASTELAND!!!

biggrin.gif...
Pieface
It's only teenage...WASTELAND oh yeahhh
They're all wasted!

I'm annoyed at the Head of state mission, it failed because of the Slaver being an ignorant asshole and stand in the way of all the bullets and die instantly.
TheAnalogKid2112
Head of State was so fucking confusing. I searched for hours to find where the fuck to meet the Slavers. I kept heading to all these stations (because it told me to) and inside the Temple of the Union because the arrow was practically on top of it. Turns out they were just a couple hundred feet to the left. Fucking hell. Fun mission, though. I took all of them out with one shot each with my Terrible Shotgun.
TheAnalogKid2112
Two trophies away from platinum. I'm stoked. Then all I have to worry about is DLC shizz.

EDIT: Made some calculations. First off, BONES, READ: I made a calculation for you. All five of the DLC's total up to 1980.72 MB. Basically 2 GB. Just letting you know since you were worried about HDD space, but I think you took care of that.

Also, I think I have a plan for the DLC. Since the GOTY edition is supposed to be released in October, I'm going to try to sell my disc for as much money as I can, since the GOTY edition is stated to be $60. I'm going to try to save money. Can somebody do the calculations for how I would go about doing that? I can't piece it together in my head. On PSN, all the packs would total to be $50. That would mean I will have spent $110 on this game. I want to reduce that price. See what I mean? Help?
bOnEs
yea, i got no worries about space anymore... i upgraded to a 250GB HDD last weekend...

good luck on reaching level 20... it's gonna take a while biggrin.gif...

the problem with that statement analog is, i 100% guarantee that GOTY won't be coming out in october... if broken steel is to be released in late september, the next available content (rumored to be both the pitt and operation anchorage at the same time) would be released in october... and then the rest in november and/or december... i'm guessing a late december or early january release of the GOTY edition...

if your willing to wait that long for the GOTY edition, you might save some money if you sell your current copy of F3 while it still holds some value... but if your like me, i can't wait that long... i want to play broken steel next month and the rest of the DLC's as soon as they release... one day i might get the GOTY edition just so i can get rid of the DLC's on my hard drive but, that's not really necessary anymore now that i have a bigger HDD... plus, i would be pissing money away by paying for the DLC's thru the PSN and buying the GOTY edition later... i might scratch that idea of getting the GOTY...
§ynch
Is it just me or did Point Lookout absolutely fucking rock.

I may have liked it better than the Pitt.

Pieface
I've only downloaded Broken Steel so far, so I don't know.
Darth Sexy
The only back story I've come up with for my guy is that when he's not fucked off his head on chems, he enjoys poetry.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(§ynch @ Aug 20 2009, 01:12 AM) [snapback]1518762[/snapback]

Aside from Broken Steel; which I consider more of an extension of the main storyline than a DLC; Point Lookout was by far my favorite. The environment is such a great change of pace, by far the best escape from the Capital Wasteland.

Also, Pint-Size Slasher Mask FTW.
§ynch
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Aug 20 2009, 06:36 AM) [snapback]1518793[/snapback]
QUOTE(§ynch @ Aug 20 2009, 01:12 AM) [snapback]1518762[/snapback]

Aside from Broken Steel; which I consider more of an extension of the main storyline than a DLC; Point Lookout was by far my favorite. The environment is such a great change of pace, by far the best escape from the Capital Wasteland.

Also, Pint-Size Slasher Mask FTW.

Yah, grabbed both of them as well as the toy knife.
--
LOVED the psychedelic trip, that was amazing.
--
Haley - Got him up to 100% repair skill, for those rare weapons.
(Alien Blaster, Firelance, Tesla Cannon, Perforator, etc.)
--
10 Fission Batteries + 3 Yeast + 10 Refined Punga = Moonshine
and a $300 reward with 10 bottles yield....priceless.
That is a much better re-playable since you have a million pungas,
than going back to the pitt to sell teddy bears or use the ammo press.

I just wish the entry tune using slide guitar was played
more than once, it was the perfect music for Point Lookout.

TheAnalogKid2112
So I totally overestimated the DLC cost thing. First of all, I HAVE a job.. so fifty bucks isn't that much.. ESPECIALLY since the DLC's are going to be released (I would assume) a couple weeks apart. Even though 50 dollars isn't that much, especially since all the DLC is pretty much the size of a full game, I'll still be spread out. That was a major Jew moment for me. Fuck that, I'm just gonna buy the DLC seperately.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Aug 20 2009, 04:46 PM) [snapback]1518849[/snapback]
So I totally overestimated the DLC cost thing. First of all, I HAVE a job.. so fifty bucks isn't that much.. ESPECIALLY since the DLC's are going to be released (I would assume) a couple weeks apart. Even though 50 dollars isn't that much, especially since all the DLC is pretty much the size of a full game, I'll still be spread out. That was a major Jew moment for me. Fuck that, I'm just gonna buy the DLC seperately.

It's better to get the DLC in pieces, you can only play one episode at a time.
TheAnalogKid2112
Oh FUCK!!!!! I just screwed myself over!!! A few days ago, I completely killed off Rivet City. (It was mainly Charon's fault) But now, how the fuck am I going to gain karma for my neutral level 20??? FUCK!!!!!!!! Are there any places besides Megaton and Rivet that I can gain as much karma as I want???
bOnEs
tenpenny towers also has a beggar out front... megaton has the church guy you can donate to... and there's other renewable good karma people out there too... walter with the scrap metal, etc...

can't think of one off the top of my head that's not from megaton or rivet city except for the beggar outside tenpenny tower... but, you might of killed him off too, lol...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.