Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fallout Series
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
PabloHoneyOle
Massacre, were you able to get that giant teddy bear out of the SatCom Tower?

QUOTE(DuPz0r @ Jul 23 2009, 12:31 PM) [snapback]1514302[/snapback]
Nice. I like the way you composed that. It was a good read. I'm interested in starting a survivalist file. I think I'll boost melee, and repair up and sell any guns, grenades, drugs that i get so that i can keep my melee weapons fixed. I'll look around for a good safehouse and store loads of junk so i can use them to create things found from schematics and sell them to traders.

It was a fun write. I could probably do that will ALL of my save files. I have my aforementioned survivalist; my main character which I've used for achievement whoring and attempt at doing "everything" and finding EVERY location; and finally, my evil bitch file, which I recently deleted after realized I had fucked up some key elements which made me not want to play it anymore.
TheAnalogKid2112
Fuck, I forgot to get the ghoul mask in this playthrough. Is there a way I can get it once all the ghouls are dead? Or was it an item you could only get talking to Roy Philips..
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Jul 23 2009, 05:11 PM) [snapback]1514360[/snapback]
Fuck, I forgot to get the ghoul mask in this playthrough. Is there a way I can get it once all the ghouls are dead? Or was it an item you could only get talking to Roy Philips..

Roy gives it to you before letting the ghouls in.
Darth Sexy
I keep forgetting I have the ghoul mask. Fighting the Reavers a pain in the arse. Also, I hate Albino Radscorpions.
DuPz0r
QUOTE(Massacre @ Jul 23 2009, 06:33 PM) [snapback]1514314[/snapback]
There's a tent just South of Satcom Array NN-03d-a, and my survivalist stays there mostly. I think there are a few other tents around the wasteland, too.

I used that as a temporary refuge a while back, when i was just exploring. I found a Nuka Cola Quantum in there, which i was looking for (for that mission) at the time.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Darth Sexy @ Jul 24 2009, 12:23 AM) [snapback]1514415[/snapback]
Also, I hate Albino Radscorpions.

Fuck yes, they are the worst. I run if possible, not worth the enormous waste of ammo.

If not, Nuka Grenades are a handy insecticide.
bOnEs
really good read stoic... sounds like a lot of fun... if and when i do my survivalist file (which could be a ways down the road), i'll be looking for a place that not only has a bed and some lockers to store stuff but, one that also has a workbench for custom weapons...

i like the idea of setting mine fields around your safehouse... chances are most of the areas out there have a bit of random spawning and setting traps is ideal (and getting the light step perk finally makes sense laugh.gif)... i need to do some exploring with my most accomplished file to see what kinds of shelters i can find out there... i remember this one place, where you find the "fisto!" that had a side building with all the amenities i was talking about earlier... that's the kind of shelter i'd be looking for... nothing too fancy but, someone that's fortified like that...

i'm with you on the whole stimpak thing... i try not to use them unless the situation looks grim and my character desperately needs one, which isn't very often... doing a survivalist file though sounds like a lot of fun but, i might not do one until at least broken steel comes out... even then i'm not sure since i don't have the hard drive space...

EDIT: i found the location i was talking about earlier... it's the MDPL-13 power station... that has the side building suitable for living... it has a random talon co/regular spawn there as well... which makes travelling home funner biggrin.gif...
§ynch
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jul 24 2009, 08:17 AM) [snapback]1514487[/snapback]
getting the light step perk finally makes sense

disarming multiple scattered mines - easy

carrying 20 home - not easy

not with the load of a thief, anyway.....

i usually find that mines add in weight quickly.

fun to use them on everyone in your stealth path. cool.gif

plus that subtracts from your total weight

Massacre
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Jul 23 2009, 03:00 PM) [snapback]1514322[/snapback]
QUOTE(Massacre @ Jul 23 2009, 01:33 PM) [snapback]1514314[/snapback]
There's a tent just South of Satcom Array NN-03d-a, and my survivalist stays there mostly.

Funny, my survivalist was using that Satcom Array as an abode for a while. Something about all the bodies hanging from the towers. I'm pretty sure it's a Raider respawn area because anytime I went back there, it was refilled with Raiders all up in my shit.

Did you see the door around the East side of the towers that opens up to this?:

QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Jul 23 2009, 03:51 PM) [snapback]1514327[/snapback]
Massacre, were you able to get that giant teddy bear out of the SatCom Tower?

It was a fun write. I could probably do that will ALL of my save files.

Same here. I always like writing up my DLC reviews after I've played them, too.

And no, I didn't take the teddy bear yet, I keep forgetting it's in there.
Massacre
Okay, I ran across this last night and just had to take some shots:

The weird part is that when I got there, the Enclave soldiers were still alive, but the Raiders were already wearing their armor.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Massacre @ Jul 25 2009, 05:51 PM) [snapback]1514621[/snapback]
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Jul 23 2009, 03:00 PM) [snapback]1514322[/snapback]

Funny, my survivalist was using that Satcom Array as an abode for a while. Something about all the bodies hanging from the towers. I'm pretty sure it's a Raider respawn area because anytime I went back there, it was refilled with Raiders all up in my shit.

Did you see the door around the East side of the towers that opens up to this?:

That was one of the selling points.

No place like home. Haven't been up that way in awhile. Might be time to chase some raiders out my house.

On a side note, my survivalist has set up temporarily set up shop IN Tenpenny's suite (much swankier than the My Megaton House decked out in the Raider Theme). He's also rocking Tenpenny's suit. A nice change in pace from the swamplife. He also killed off all of the ghouls in the building, just to be safe.
DuPz0r
I've just completed all the side quests. All i need now is to collect all bobble heads, and do neutral and good karma play-through's.

Then i'm set for the DLC! I dunno if i should getthe game of the year edition, or fork out £40 or more quid for all of the DLC... When it arrives.
Massacre
I found a pretty sweet photo gallery I think you'll all love.

Peep this shit, yo. Or something of a similar level of ebonics.

I'd love to do something like this, myself. Not necessarily cosplaying/larping, but I'd definitely like to throw on some raggedy old clothes and just wander around a ghost town or some other abandoned place, exploring.

I also found this site www.abandoned-places.com, which has some really cool pictures. If anyone knows of any other sites with abandoned or Fallout-esque locations, post them please. I'm trying to find some kind of database with a list of abandoned places near various cities.

More awesomeness:

I've been collecting bottle caps myself for a few months, now. I think I'll paint them later.
PabloHoneyOle
Good find Massacre on the abandoned places. Also, don't forget the link somewhere in this thread about the guys scrounging for scrap metal in Chernobyl. That was as real as you can get.

I've seen the Fallout roleplayers before. I'd dress up as the B.O.S. for Halloween, but that's probably it.

For a Point Lookout-esque feel of abandoned locations:
http://weburbanist.com/2009/03/13/abandoned-amusement-parks/

DuPz0r
That city is called Prypiat in Ukraine btw Stioc. It featured in CoD4.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prypiat,_Ukraine

Just from a quick google search, i've found some cool places:

http://weburbanist.com/abandoned-buildings-towns-and-cities/

http://englishrussia.com/?p=276

http://www.dirjournal.com/info/abandoned-p...s-in-the-world/
PabloHoneyOle
When you get a minute, give Vault-Tec a call to reserve your spot in a vault, 1-888-482-8588.

Number works.
Massacre
This is awesome. If I ever decide to just tell humanity to fuck off, I'm going to one of these places. Just the prospect of exploring places like this makes being homeless not seem that bad. Bet that sounded weird...

Found this:

Link, anyone?
PabloHoneyOle
Awesome find. Now all we need is a Nuclear Holocaust and some Chinese Assault Rifles.
Massacre
Fingers crossed.
TheAnalogKid2112
I'll blow up Texas and pretend it's Megaton... Someone's gotta do it.
Massacre
New Mothership Zeta screens and the trailer.

The badass Samurai Armor.

Gemini-Era Spacesuit.

And here's the trailer.
[youtube]4enOSrf-MY8[/youtube]
bOnEs
... ... ... ... ...woah... that was the coolest trailer i've seen in quite a while...

clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

i'm kinda speechless, i don't know what to say really... i'll just say that this definitely looks like the best add-on of the 5...

------------------------------

trivia time!! name that character!! (48 seconds into trailer)...

Click to view attachment

errr.... times up... i say it's one of these guys... billy the kid, doc holliday or wyatt earp?? definitely a cowboy though... or not... could be a civil war soldier maybe too but, i think i see a bandanna around his neck... and the sheriff's hat kinda gives it away laugh.gif...
Massacre
Fingers crossed I can yoink that outfit from him.
bOnEs
i bet the samurai and the cowboys are simulated skins on top of alien robots, or just simulations... just a hunch by the way the cowboy entered the scene wink.gif... that'd be cool if there was more warrior-type characters too... spartans, marines, crusaders, etc... but, the whole premise is an interesting thought...

it really looks like a fun expansion though... kinda wish that was the first one, instead of broken steel laugh.gif... the PS3 guys kinda have to wait it out like some the survivors did after the fallout... but, we've waited for quite some time... now, we're hoping to see the brotherhood any day now... or the enclave if that floats the boat... or maybe the lone wanderer could stop on by and lend us a helping hand...
DuPz0r
Trailer looks cool. It'll be pretty long before it hits PS3 though sad.gif
PabloHoneyOle
I've gotten it queued up for download when I get home.

I may run home at lunch and get the download out of the way, so after work I can sit down and start playing.
bOnEs
lucky fuck... i'll be checking out the fallout wikia site all afternoon just to see some new screens and more info on some of the new items... i am really interested in knowing how good some of the alien weapon will be... some seem powerful, and the cryo-grenades look like fun...
PabloHoneyOle
Ah, went home and downloaded the Mothership. It downloaded lightning fast (under 5 minutes) and that gave me enough time to get in a few minutes playtime before having to return to lunch. Granted, I forgot my character was way out at Blackhall Manor in Point Lookout. So here's a taste of what I experienced during my brief lunch session, SPOILERS AHEAD.

After fast traveling the hell out of Point Lookout, I fast traveled from the Duchess Gambit docks to Green Pastures Disposal and started heading northwest to the Alien Crashsite. It took me 5 minutes of fast traveling and loading to get there, but as soon as I got close, I picked up the new quest, just before picking up the radio signal. I think it usually takes a few minutes of playing before the game recognizes the new DLC, at least that was the case for me with the past four DLC.

Anyway, after picking up the quest, it was easier to find the crashsite (even though I've been there 15 times) thanks to the quest arrow. Upon arriving at the crash site, I was immediately bathed in blue light and lost control of my character. He stood in the light for a moment, then the screen went white. He came to in another flash of white light, similar to exiting the Vault for the first time, to a trio of aliens standing over head. Blurry at first, they come into focus as consciousness begins to return. Also coming into focus are four robotic arms, each with a medical instrument of sorts attached; one of them coming straight for his throat; illuminated by a light blue laser beam. As soon as it penetrates him, he's rendered unconscious again.

When he finally came to, he was face to face with a black woman dressed like Xena, Warrior Princess. She says he's been out for awhile and that she has been on the ship for a long time. She points out that they took his clothes and she was able to keep hers. They are being held in a round cell with a transparent force field as a door.

So the black girl suggests a plan to escape by staging a fight to get the alien's attention. After agreeing, she punches him in the face and turns hostile. After whooping her ass, two aliens remove the force field and come into handle the rowdy prisoners. That's when my guy gave them the old 1-2 combo and knocked them both out, picking up their shock wands, which look like something out of koneko's self-service selection. We escape the cell and are in hallway of the alien ship.

That's when I pressed pause and saved.
TheAnalogKid2112
Excellent write-up, Stoic, and hilarious koneko remark. I lol'd. I can't wait to get this. It sounds better than I expected.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Aug 3 2009, 04:20 PM) [snapback]1516616[/snapback]
Excellent write-up, Stoic, and hilarious koneko remark. I lol'd.

I was serious.

QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Aug 3 2009, 04:20 PM) [snapback]1516616[/snapback]
I can't wait to get this. It sounds better than I expected.

I've heard some negative buzz about it since I got back from lunch. I haven't read any spoilers, just some forum posts that aren't mega-positive. People are ranking it somewhere along the 3rd best DLC. Can't say so for myself, I'm trying to keep an open mind and enjoy my playthrough.
TheAnalogKid2112
Meh, I love aliens though, so I'll probably enjoy it more than most. But maybe after playing the other supposedly awesome DLC's, it will be just sub-par
PabloHoneyOle
I think alot of it has to do with the inability to revisit and explore the ship outside of the missions like you can with Broken Steel, The Pitt and Point Lookout. Anyone who is reviewing the entire game at this point probably blew threw their playthrough too quick to enjoy it.
bOnEs
i heard you can return to the ship to use some merchant or something? i don't know, i thought i read somewhere that you can use the ship as a home... which would really be a cool place to call home biggrin.gif... ohh, and the cowboy does exist and you can loot his gear by killing him or the famous reverse-pickpocket... he also has a unique .44 magnum without a scope... ohh my goodness...

ON BLOWING THROUGH THE MISSIONS: yea, i went to youtube to see if there was another trailer released for it and i was already seeing walkthroughs and endings posted... jesus christ, some people just want to be the first one to post that crap, not even enjoying the game...
§ynch
QUOTE(Massacre @ Aug 1 2009, 09:30 AM) [snapback]1516330[/snapback]
New Mothership Zeta screens and the trailer.

The badass Samurai Armor.
Gemini-Era Spacesuit.
And here's the trailer.

Looks great, better than I expected.
Thanks Massacre, and congratulations on becoming a moderator. smile.gif

QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Aug 3 2009, 11:21 AM) [snapback]1516605[/snapback]
Ah, went home and downloaded the Mothership. It downloaded lightning fast (under 5 minutes) and that gave me enough time to get in a few minutes playtime before having to return to lunch. Granted, I forgot my character was way out at Blackhall Manor in Point Lookout. So here's a taste of what I experienced during my brief lunch session, SPOILERS AHEAD.

Excellent write up, Stoic. cool.gif

Now I really want to play this.

After moving into a friend's house about 70 miles north,
I'm catching up on my PC game and just finished the Pitt.

Cannot believe I missed these little guys on my XBox360 play through.
They are in this well hidden "Abandoned Apartment" in Haven.
In the south entrance area, behind a counter, on top of a terminal....

Mini-Gnomes! L0L just like Gnome Bowling in the Enclave Mobile Crawler.

PabloHoneyOle
I got to play a little last night; not as long as I would have liked, probably and hour or so.

There might be SPOILERS AHEAD; but nothing you couldn't find in the Fallout Wiki.

Ok, so where we last left our hero; he had just escaped his cell with the black Sinead O'Conner after whooping some alien asshole and acquiring their Shock Batons. After exploring the corridor outside of their cell, they realized most of the other prisoners on this level were dead, except a young girl named Sally; who they managed to free from her cell as well. Sally has been on the ship for a long time; since she was abducted in the Great War (200 years ago) and she's probably only ten years old in appearance. She knows her way around the ship and volunteers to help open doors by messing with the wiring within the walls. Sounds handy, but she's hella annoying.

The hero found all of his gear in a nearby alien storage container. Upon collecting it, I realized I brought WAY too much shit with me, should have dropped off some stuff at My Megaton House prior to coming aboard. After collecting his gear (all 282 / 310 WG of it) he decided to explore further with the assistance of Sally. The black lady, Somah says she's staying behind. Good luck on your own with the aliens, bitch. Sally climbs into the wall and opens the locked door leading to the rest of the ship; she stays mostly out of sight, but she still offers her moronic insight into everything you do.

After exploring a few corridors, our hero encounters his first aliens in a combat situation. The aliens are definitely some of the coolest creatures encountered in all of Fallout 3. They are much smaller than the hero and move fairly quickly. There are multiple variations of the alien; some alien workers in jumpsuits, who aren't armed but can signal alarms; aliens in space suits, with and without helmets; and some that are rocking a semi-cloaking camouflage. Along with the aliens, there are a number of support drones which can be hacked to help you take out aliens; if you get close enough without them attacking you.

Combat with the aliens has been very interesting. As mentioned earlier, I took a ton of gear up to the ship with me (accidentally) including most of the unique versions of guns (backwater rifle, double barrel shotgun, blackhawk, dart gun, Microwave Emitter, Tesla Cannon, Lincoln's Repeater) so I had a lot of opportunity to experiment with guns vs. aliens. Interesting finds: Magnums work well; everything else is pretty futile, even the double barreled shotgun. The Mesmetron has no affect on the aliens, while the dart gun will slow down their pace and very slowly poison them. Tesla Cannon is hit or miss, work better on the drones than the actual aliens. The best way to combat the aliens are definitely their own weapons.

Most aliens are armed with the Shock Batons and they are very quick about administering a severe beating. Others are armed with an assortment of Alien Guns, the Atomizer and the Disentegrator. Both have a high rate of fire and decent damage; these guns would be great to get for use in the Capital Wasteland, I've already collected eight or nine of each in perfect condition; hopefully to take back with me.

There are a number of other great collectibles I've come across; the alien foods and bio-gels are probably served for healing for someone who didn't bring 454 stimpaks with them on the ship, however my guy is collecting them all for display in the new science wing of My Megaton House. There are also an assortment of alien crystals (small and large) which I am hoping don't really serve a purpose, so I can use them to crush up and sprinkle on my Iguana-on-a-stick so my shit sparkles. Side note: Alien Food, Bio-gel and Apoxy don't weigh anything, so collect away.

I found myself getting rid of any gun it would be possible to reacquire, especially since Chinese Assault Rifles and Sniper Rifles weren't going to help aboard the ship. I also dropped any items I was carrying (cigarettes, scrap metal, sensor modules, cameras, etc.) that weren't absolutely necessary or irreplaceable.

Another great collectible; which is also part of the Alien Archivist achievement; are the recordings of the past human visitors. They are found at machines that appear to be recording devices. After collecting the recording, you can play it like you can most notes or holotapes; but each recording is the account of one of the abducted, kind of their last words, each one handling their abduction differently. Some tell extensive backstories of some NPC's and I think some are setting up more of the story; some are pleas of terror and panic. Finding and listening to them has been my favorite part of the DLC so far. If you're into aliens and abductions, you'll love this. Also on a side note, I am glad I created a save after exiting the prison cell. If I miss any of the recordings, I have a fresh start from the beginning so I can go back and get the achievement later if need be.

Anyway, after navigating a series of corridors, killing a shitton of aliens and collecting all their alien goodies; our hero made his way to a Cryogenics laboratory where the Samurai, Cowboy, Spaceman and Medic (from Operation Anchorage) are all being frozen. The hero unfreezes them all, and the little girl concocts a plan that will get him to the top of the ship where "you'll probably have to kill someone or something like that". Direct quote from Sally. Hilarious. Sally also suggests teaming up with one of the new survivors for the next parts of the mission.

One of the most interesting parts so far has been experiencing the conversations with all of the different NPC characters. All of them have some kind of backstory and are handling their abduction situation differently. The cowboy is rightfully pissed off, the samurai is not understandable, the medic is paranoid and the spaceman is well, [spoiler]dead.[/spoiler] I haven't tried reverse pickpocketing the Samurai yet for his outfit, but I did pull the medic winterized armor off of the medic when he was killed helping the hero clear the Cryolabs.

The hero selected the medic to go with him, mostly because the cowboy was too pissy and I couldn't understand the samurai. The mission was to destroy a power core in the lab. The lab was crawling with aliens, but by unfreezing some of the alien's captors, they manage to revolt and help take down the aliens. It appears humans aren't the alien's only targets; there are Glowing Ones, Feral Ghouls and Super Mutant Overlords all on board as well. It was pretty interesting to sit back and watch an Overlord knock aliens across the large cryo lab. Even funnier was to watch three aliens with Shock Batons raging on an Overlord. I think it was actually an overlord which killed the medic who was assisting my hero, either way, the hero collected his armor and ammo and blew his body to smithereens to prevent any alien necrophiliacs from having their way with him.

After destroying the core necessary shortly there after, my hero went back to the lab where he had unfrozen the cowboy and samurai and I decided it was time for bed.
TheAnalogKid2112
clap.gif Excellent. I am REALLY looking forward to that. Great stuff.
PabloHoneyOle
On a completely related note, I dreamt about being abducted by aliens last night.
bOnEs
i'm currently making an alien abduction level in little big planet laugh.gif... i'm far from completing it though...

everything thing i've read on mothership zeta has been great... your journal is a good read too, stoic... running into some of those characters seems cool, especially that little girl sally, who's actually been on the ship for about 200 years... i just like the storyline that i've read about thus far... i haven't read anything on the end as to not to spoil the story just yet... i never read up on the endings to the pitt and point lookout neither so, i can at least be surprised with those... but, i cheated and read the full walkthrough for operation anchorage and most of the info on broken steel...
PabloHoneyOle
I played again last night, it's really becoming a chore balancing my inventory. I've tried to avoid end spoilers for the DLC, but I'm wondering if there is a place I can drop most of my shit off to retrieve at a later date. I killed about 8,000 aliens last night and have nearly completed the second mission. I actually got hung up in the spacecraft hanger and decided to call it a night early last night.

On a side note, I think Massacre is dead as he has yet to comment on this thread.
bOnEs
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Aug 5 2009, 02:22 PM) [snapback]1516811[/snapback]
I played again last night, it's really becoming a chore balancing my inventory. I've tried to avoid end spoilers for the DLC, but I'm wondering if there is a place I can drop most of my shit off to retrieve at a later date. I killed about 8,000 aliens last night and have nearly completed the second mission. I actually got hung up in the spacecraft hanger and decided to call it a night early last night.

On a side note, I think Massacre is dead as he has yet to comment on this thread.

so, it's pry good to head into mothership zeta with the littlest of inventory... i read something about doing that with the pitt and, i bet it surely applies here too... point lookout not so much since you can come and go as you please and broken steel is just an extension to the game so, nothing to worry about there either... i'll head into the operation anchorage simulation with as little as possible too since, you get some heavy rewards at the end...

you went in with almost 300 pounds of junk, stoic... i don't know how the hell your even pulling it off, lol... it sucks you brought all those unique weapons because, you surely don't want to drop any of those... and i heard the alien weapons are in perfect condition so, it'd be hard to leave any of those behind...
PabloHoneyOle
For all of the DLC, I recommend just taking the essentials with you; stimpacks, a couple of good guns, and really, that's it. I totally spaced out when I raced to get my MZ experience going during my lunch and went aboard the ship without even checking my inventory. I left like 24 pieces of scrap metal behind on the ship. Walter in Megaton would be sad to hear this.
§ynch
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Aug 5 2009, 11:51 AM) [snapback]1516813[/snapback]
i read something about doing that with the pitt

It's no worries in the Pitt, take stuff or don't, it really doesn't matter.
I always remember to take all my ammo, stimpacks, and rad meds, which are weightless items.

There is a mailbox at Midea's, and a trash can across the courtyard from that. (Food place)
I stashed about 2,000 lbs. of stuff in there and once it was over, fast traveled trips to move it.

This time I got the rare Hat of the People. thumbup.gif

Pieface
Just ordered this game for the PC for £13. Wish my brother never went and sold it in the first place though on the 360.
GLC
Anyone been to the Dickerson Tabernacle Chapel where that Drifter guy is? When I eventually managed to knock his body off that damn platform for looting purposes he was wearing an oasis druid hood and had coordinates to get to oasis...Is there any story or unmarked quest to go with this? Seems interesting...
TheAnalogKid2112
The guy with the Reservist's Rifle? I blew that guy to bits. And yes, it definitely leads to a quest, called Oasis. Oasis is one of the best quests in the game, due to it's sheer change of pace. You definitely need to travel there.
GLC
Bah, I did Oasis ages ago. Guess I should of been clearer. I ment something like, shit I dunno...A holotape or whatever to explain why this guy was trying to get to oasis, how he had got a druid hood, etc. It's just something that intrigued me... =/
TheAnalogKid2112
Yeah, it's just an easier way to find Oasis since it's difficult to find in the first place. There's no story behind the Drifter, probably just someone who realized what freaks the Treeminders were and left.
bOnEs
yea, there's a few ways of finding out about oasis... one is the drifter, and the others are from random encounters... i first found about oasis from some merchant staring in a daze to the sky babbling jibberish, then fell over dead... after searching his body i found a note about oasis and a map marker was added biggrin.gif...

i think the other one has to do with two friendly wastelanders who mention oasis and then immediately second guess why they were talking to you about it... then they immediately turn hostile... map marker is then added after reading a note on one of the dead guys...
TheAnalogKid2112
I simply discovered Oasis on my own, with no past knowledge of it.
§ynch
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Aug 6 2009, 02:30 PM) [snapback]1517026[/snapback]
yea, there's a few ways of finding out about oasis... one is the drifter, and the others are from random encounters... i first found about oasis from some merchant staring in a daze to the sky babbling jibberish, then fell over dead... after searching his body i found a note about oasis and a map marker was added biggrin.gif...

i think the other one has to do with two friendly wastelanders who mention oasis and then immediately second guess why they were talking to you about it... then they immediately turn hostile... map marker is then added after reading a note on one of the dead guys...

That's how I found the Oasis. Seen both those. cool.gif

The hostile trio with the map marker, thought they were Raiders.
The crazy dude with the head rolling around....that guy tripped me out.
Seriously threw me for a loop first time seeing him, wondering what his deal was.
--------------------------------------------------------

Now days I follow (in stealth) any friendly who I meet
and have a dialog with in the wastes, as they always
die soon after, and I can loot their shit, and/or get my stuff back free.
That rules if it's like a doctor or merchant with loads of inventory.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.