Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fallout Series
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
bOnEs
there's a couple of townfolk that carry good weapons like billy creel (scoped .44), lucas simms (chinese assault rifle), and i think one other person has a scoped .44 too but, can't remember who... also, lucas simms has some unique articles of clothing... i love his hat and if you want, you could wear his sheriff duster too biggrin.gif... but, DONT FORGET ABOUT THE STRENGTH BOBBLEHEAD INSIDE OF LUCAS SIMMS HOUSE!!

edit: also, lucas simms has the key to the armory on his person i do believe... so, you could still get that before you nuke it... i'd suggest killing simms due to the stuff he carries... however, you'll have the whole town pissed at you and, you wouldn't be able to return for a few days (if you don't mind)...
TheAnalogKid2112
I already took the key and looted the armory, but what I was saying was I couldn't pick the average locked safe inside of it. Alright, I'll quietly kill everybody. Go in Billy's house, kill him, then take out Simms and RUN!!!
DuPz0r
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Jul 15 2009, 11:46 PM) [snapback]1512994[/snapback]
I already took the key and looted the armory, but what I was saying was I couldn't pick the average locked safe inside of it. Alright, I'll quietly kill everybody. Go in Billy's house, kill him, then take out Simms and RUN!!!

Did you collect the bobble head?
I'm really getting back into this game now, i forgot how fun it was! I might make a new female/file next time.
TheAnalogKid2112
I went through each person's house at night and killed them silently in their houses. The town doesn't turn hostile if you do that. The only ones living are Lucas and Jericho and the others who don't go in their houses.
Darth Sexy
I've just started The Pitt. Luckily I've acquired some guns, because it was starting to feel like Dead Space.

Anyway, I went to Sierra's house to drop off some quantum and found a Deathclaw inside her house. I must say, I was surprised.
DuPz0r
QUOTE(Darth Sexy @ Jul 16 2009, 09:18 AM) [snapback]1513039[/snapback]
I've just started The Pitt. Luckily I've acquired some guns, because it was starting to feel like Dead Space.

Anyway, I went to Sierra's house to drop off some quantum and found a Deathclaw inside her house. I must say, I was surprised.

I hate deathclaws, i've wasted loads of ammo and stempaks on unexpected deathclaws ripping the shit out of my characters health.
PabloHoneyOle
Before I blew up Megaton, I went on a rampage and killed everyone in town. I blew Moira to fucking bits and that mercenary dickhead that just hangs around her shop. After I killed everyone in Megaton, I looted everything I could by fast traveling back and forth to Tenpenny tower. After I raped Megaton inside and out of everything possible, I detonated the bomb and got the XP for that. Huge XP and caps boost and a fucking good time.
bOnEs
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Jul 16 2009, 04:13 AM) [snapback]1513037[/snapback]
I went through each person's house at night and killed them silently in their houses. The town doesn't turn hostile if you do that. The only ones living are Lucas and Jericho and the others who don't go in their houses.

well, that shouldn't take long to deal with then if you just got a few of them left... might as well go on a rampage biggrin.gif...
QUOTE(Darth Sexy @ Jul 16 2009, 04:18 AM) [snapback]1513039[/snapback]

i had a problem on one of my files that when i fast traveled to girdershade, there was always a giant radscorpion that spawned right in front of me... if i forgot about it, it scared the shit out of me laugh.gif...
Massacre

I'm not gonna lie, I think I would've pissed myself.
bOnEs
QUOTE(Massacre @ Jul 16 2009, 12:26 PM) [snapback]1513072[/snapback]

I'm not gonna lie, I think I would've pissed myself.

...and if it was a mirelurk, you would've shit yourself laugh.gif...
Massacre
No doubt. And then I would've spent several hours trying to figure out how a mirelurk could've made it all the way to Girdershade. Wait, isn't there a mirelurk nest somewhere around that area? I think I'll check that out...
bOnEs
then, all you gotta do i lure him into sierra's house and your set!!
§ynch
Stealing makes a difference maybe?

On my main 360 game, there is always a Deathclaw inside the Regulator HQ,
and one roaming and killing Brahmin outside. I also saw on my first 2 games
lots of Deathclaws at the Megaton entrance. I stole alot of stuff on these files,
and cleaned out the Regulator HQ, Megaton, the Armory, etc.

On my PC game, there's only 2 radscorps outside Regulator HQ.
Same goes for outside of Megaton, only an occasional Raider.
I haven't stolen anything at Regulator HQ or Megaton, but I
did loot a little bit from Ronald the Kneecapper guy after killing him,
and a little from Roy Phillips' old place. (neg. karma)
Come to think of it, this time I have the back door entrance to the
Tenpenny suite again. Karma is weird stuff. Maybe stealing does
something to the infestation of a certain area.

bOnEs
i'm not stealing very much with my current good lady file but, those fire ants keep spawning every time i walk outside of megaton... one of these days, i'm gonna find a dead travelling merchant there laugh.gif...

although, i did just finish up "Those!" so, maybe the fire ants won't appear anymore...

-----

and enemies appearing inside of structures has to do with you entering those establishments while an enemy has spotted you... sometimes (very rarely though) they will follow you into the building but, most of the time they just wait for you to come out... and they will continue to re-appear inside the building once they are deceased... i used to find a deathclaw inside of dukov's place on my very first file because, once the enclave show up, there's a deathclaw cage just outside of his place... the deathclaw must of seen me go in there or something...

that's why it happens at the regulator HQ, synch... you entered the HQ while a deathclaw was approaching... at least, that's what i've read concerning the "enemies inside buildings" glitch... i think the fire ant one for me (and the giant radscorpion one in girdershade) has to do with the fact that deceased enemies do re-animate after a couple of days, if you frequent the area enough... the game kinda glitches into thinking the stored file of the enemy is in fact alive...
TheAnalogKid2112
I killed Ronald & stole all 65 of Sierra's Nuka-Colas. I fucking love the Kneecapper!!!!!!!!
bOnEs
i don't really like it, the two shot clip really sucks... i prefer the terrible shotgun myself... i do get the kneecapper from him though but, i just proudly display it on a shelf in my house, that's all... right next to the alien blaster, which i never use either...
§ynch
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jul 17 2009, 01:07 PM) [snapback]1513330[/snapback]
i'm not stealing very much with my current good lady file but, those fire ants keep spawning every time i walk outside of megaton... one of these days, i'm gonna find a dead travelling merchant there laugh.gif...

although, i did just finish up "Those!" so, maybe the fire ants won't appear anymore...

-----

and enemies appearing inside of structures has to do with you entering those establishments while an enemy has spotted you... sometimes (very rarely though) they will follow you into the building but, most of the time they just wait for you to come out... and they will continue to re-appear inside the building once they are deceased... i used to find a deathclaw inside of dukov's place on my very first file because, once the enclave show up, there's a deathclaw cage just outside of his place... the deathclaw must of seen me go in there or something...

that's why it happens at the regulator HQ, synch... you entered the HQ while a deathclaw was approaching... at least, that's what i've read concerning the "enemies inside buildings" glitch... i think the fire ant one for me (and the giant radscorpion one in girdershade) has to do with the fact that deceased enemies do re-animate after a couple of days, if you frequent the area enough... the game kinda glitches into thinking the stored file of the enemy is in fact alive...

Good points.

That's weird about your fire ants in Megaton.
I took Ant Might and the other thing, but after finishing
the quest I re-located Brian to Weatherby Hotel but haven't
gotten around to going back and killing the queen yet.
That's another thing that doesn't re-spawn, the 5 Behemoths
and the 3 Ant Queens. (Marigold, Corvega, Shalebridge)

I agree, the 2-shot Kneecapper will get you killed more than defended.
The Terrible Shotgun is the way to go for actual in-game usage.
PabloHoneyOle
Terrible Shotgun is the best.

The Double Barreled Shotgun is great too, but that's DLC talk.
Darth Sexy
I'm still whoring A3-21's Plasma Rifle. I do get out the Heavy Incinerator occasionally, just for the fun of it.

Aaaaaand I just finished Broken Steel. All I have left is Point Lookout. Upon finishing the story line, I now feel quite sad. This game has entertained me for months. Luckily, I got Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics for $10.
bOnEs
i tried playing fallout 1 on gametap a while back... i didn't get very far but, it seemed OK... if i would of stuck with it, i might of really gotten into it... that's what happened with fallout 3... i didn't really get into it right away because, the scale of the game seemed like too much for me... boy am i glad i continued on biggrin.gif...
DuPz0r
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jul 18 2009, 04:15 PM) [snapback]1513464[/snapback]
i tried playing fallout 1 on gametap a while back... i didn't get very far but, it seemed OK... if i would of stuck with it, i might of really gotten into it... that's what happened with fallout 3... i didn't really get into it right away because, the scale of the game seemed like too much for me... boy am i glad i continued on biggrin.gif...

Same here. I have a good 3-4 games i still hadn't played much when fallout 3 was released. I completed the story then left it collecting dust until recently. Now i am so glad i started playing again. I have got my character to level 20, visited most locations and done about 70% of the side quests. Can't wait for the DLC to come still... This is the main reason i started playing it again.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jul 18 2009, 08:15 AM) [snapback]1513464[/snapback]

You can get a bundle of Fallout 1, 2, and I THINK it comes with Tactics, for only like 19.99 at Wal-Mart. It's on PC though.
Darth Sexy
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Jul 19 2009, 05:13 AM) [snapback]1513499[/snapback]
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jul 18 2009, 08:15 AM) [snapback]1513464[/snapback]

You can get a bundle of Fallout 1, 2, and I THINK it comes with Tactics, for only like 19.99 at Wal-Mart. It's on PC though.

$9.90 for me smile.gif It is PC, though.
TheAnalogKid2112
sleep.gif
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Darth Sexy @ Jul 18 2009, 04:19 AM) [snapback]1513429[/snapback]
Aaaaaand I just finished Broken Steel. All I have left is Point Lookout.

Don't forget MotherFUCKING Zeta. Out August 3rd on Xbox Live.

I finished my last two "leveling up" achievements yesterday; only thing left to do (before Zeta) is collect all those damn ignots in the Pitt... then wait for August 3rd.
Massacre
I hated looking for the ingots. I've done it three times and there's still a couple I forget.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Massacre @ Jul 20 2009, 12:34 PM) [snapback]1513825[/snapback]
I hated looking for the ingots. I've done it three times and there's still a couple I forget.

Me too. I have a guide that I got from the internets. Hopefully that will help.
Massacre
It never occurred to me to find a guide, I found them on my own and it sucked. I know where most of them are now, I just always forget the two under the set of stairs towards the north of the area.
PabloHoneyOle
I spent a shitton of time looking for the ignots on one save file; I had like 96 of them and I just deleted the save file. I couldn't find the missing ignots anyway, I wasn't about to spend a few more hours searching for them.

I'll just knock them out in my next save file.
bOnEs
i think i am gonna NOT play fallout 3 until either the release of broken steel or, when the game of the year edition comes out... for one, i have completely ran out of hard drive space and, unless broken steel is under 1000 MB, i won't be able to install it... i bought midnight club: los angeles and metal gear solid 4 over the weekend (both for $45 total) and both those games (with the south central DLC for MC:LA) have used up my remaining space...

i mean i might play my good girl file some more here and there but, not much more... i think i am officially done whoring this game out for now laugh.gif... these two new games i just got are a lot of fun to play and, will probably keep me busy throughout the summer... it's been a nice long run though... we're talking from release up to this point, i have been playing fallout 3, and that's without the DLC... and last winter, i was playing this game 4 hours a day... i think its time to move on...

i'll still join the discussion of course... it's still my favorite game... but, i don't think i'll be playing it much anymore...
TheAnalogKid2112
Boy do I love being evil... The second I entered Big Town, I provoked Flash into being hosile, then wiped out the whole town. Bitch with a BB gun thought she could stand up against A3-21's plasma rifle. HA!

Plus I steal EVERYTHING. I had a huge artillery by level 5.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Jul 21 2009, 01:02 AM) [snapback]1513993[/snapback]
Plus I steal EVERYTHING. I had a huge artillery by level 5.

Me too.

I steal all I can and kill anyone who gets all pissy about it. I also loot every building I enter for anything possible. On my first save file, I was going back to buildings to collect burned books and medical clipboards to trade/sell for ammo. I have over 500 stimpaks and 10.000+ .44 magnum rounds.
TheAnalogKid2112
Hell yeah.

I pissed off Tree Father Birch to where he banished me from Oasis, so I killed them all. Shoulda done the quest and got the power armor, but whatever.
TheAnalogKid2112
Quick question guys: I really want to kill everyone in Tenpenny Tower (where I live) and loot all the stores and suites.. Will this prove problematic? I only use TT for my safehouse, and don't talk to anyone. Can I kill 'em all?
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Jul 21 2009, 04:55 PM) [snapback]1514047[/snapback]
Quick question guys: I really want to kill everyone in Tenpenny Tower (where I live) and loot all the stores and suites.. Will this prove problematic? I only use TT for my safehouse, and don't talk to anyone. Can I kill 'em all?

Yeah, I did the same thing. I stacked all of the bodies in the lobby too, as a reminder to all not to fuck with me. My only regret was the loss of trading with Gustavo (great ammo supply) and the few stores in there. It's great if you just want to loot them, but after a while, I was having a bit of remorse for the lack of people to trade with (I also killed Moira's punk ass in Megaton).
TheAnalogKid2112
But doesn't Gustavo have all that ammo on him when you kill him?
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Jul 21 2009, 05:14 PM) [snapback]1514054[/snapback]
But doesn't Gustavo have all that ammo on him when you kill him?

Yeah, but when he is alive, he "restocks" with ammo every 2-3 days (ingame). I just ran into a problem when I was trying to buy up all the ammo to take to the ammo press in the Pitt. I also fucked up with Flak and Shrapnel by enslaving one of them. Gustavo and Flak are probably some of the best vendors for ammo.

Also, here are some new screenshots from Mothership Zeta.
TheAnalogKid2112
Meh. I'll kill him anyway. I was planning on going to Rivet to kill Flak and Shrapnel too.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Jul 21 2009, 05:30 PM) [snapback]1514058[/snapback]
Meh. I'll kill him anyway. I was planning on going to Rivet to kill Flak and Shrapnel too.

You're a real bastard. Just remember there is a very limited supply of ammo in the Capital Wasteland.

Don't go fuck yourself.
DuPz0r
I looted the stores in ten penny tower. But i didn't kill them, because i know they are good resources for ammo and supplies. I just finished "You gotta shoot them in the head", i had to kill ten penny. I was worried I'd lose my apartment lol. I waited for him outside on the balcony then shot him in the back of the head. He flew off the building and landed in the courtyard minus a head. lol I found him on the way out though. I didn't realize he was there until i went downstairs.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(Stoic_Person_Eater @ Jul 21 2009, 02:32 PM) [snapback]1514059[/snapback]

You're a real bastard. Just remember there is a very limited supply of ammo in the Capital Wasteland.

Don't go fuck yourself.

I made it through my entire first playthrough without ONCE buying ammo. That was on a GOOD file. If I steal shit, I'll NEVER run out. That playthrough was also where I got all trophies but the neutral/negative karma ones. I'll be fine.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Jul 21 2009, 06:01 PM) [snapback]1514062[/snapback]

Don't go fuck yourself.

I made it through my entire first playthrough without ONCE buying ammo. That was on a GOOD file. If I steal shit, I'll NEVER run out. That playthrough was also where I got all trophies but the neutral/negative karma ones. I'll be fine.

I'm not THAT worried about you. Do whatever you want. That's the beauty of the game.
bOnEs
how's your survivalist file coming along, stoic? did you find a place to call home yet? biggrin.gif...
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(Stoic_Person_Eater @ Jul 22 2009, 07:03 AM) [snapback]1514123[/snapback]

Don't go fuck yourself.

I'm not THAT worried about you.

huh.gif
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jul 22 2009, 03:10 PM) [snapback]1514156[/snapback]
how's your survivalist file coming along, stoic? did you find a place to call home yet? :D...

My guy has set up shop in the Point Lookout lighthouse. I don't want to divulge any spoilers, but the lighthouse is great, I have one hell of a view, a secret basement and I'm far enough out that the Swamp Folk don't bother me.

I moved all of my stashes (teddy bears, pre-war money, cartons of cigarettes and unique weapons) out there.

I just need to find a way to get Godfrey's bitch ass out there to give me water, haircuts and terrible jokes.

QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Jul 22 2009, 04:01 PM) [snapback]1514162[/snapback]
QUOTE(Stoic_Person_Eater @ Jul 22 2009, 07:03 AM) [snapback]1514123[/snapback]

Don't go fuck yourself.

I'll be fine.

I'm not THAT worried about you.

:huh:

I was saying do whatever the fuck you want.
DuPz0r
Cool, a survivalist file! Why didn't i ever think of that! I've spotted loads of nice little places i could consider a safehouse. But only ever used them as a temporary refuge. I might have to give it a go. So what do you consider a "survivalist"? does that mean no buying or trading? No missions. Just running around finding all your resources and have them on you, or in this refuge?
PabloHoneyOle
There are plenty of options to what kind of "survivalist" your character can be.

My survivalist, "Atreyu" escaped the Vault, went to Megaton, disarmed the bomb, completed the Wasteland Survival Kit for experience, went to Tenpenny Tower, let the ghouls in (for the sake of the ghoul mask), did a few main storyline missions and side missions for the sake of exploration, experience and caps. He's explored most of Downtown D.C.; made enemies with the Brotherhood of Steel and gave up giving a shit about his dad after retrieving him from Tranquility Lane. Fuck him. My character has no interest in the politics of the Wasteland and doesn't give a shit about the purifier or his bastard father.

He probably won't ever get to complete Broken Steel; but if he does, he'll probably [spoiler]blow up the Citadel and those B.O.S. faggots[/spoiler]. He hasn't been to The Pitt, probably won't go there with this character; the slaves are on their own. He has completed Operation Anchorage for the experience, Gauss Rifle and Chinese Stealth Armor. He's completed all of the missions in Point Lookout and decided to call it home to escape the political horseshit of the Wasteland and his needy father. He left Clover and Dogmeat hanging out in My Megaton House and still drops by from time to time to make sure they aren't fucking up the place.

As of now, he's mainly based out of Point Lookout and spends his time collecting yeast, moonshine and Punga Fruit to take back to the Wasteland to trade on weekly basis. He's responsible for supplying merchants in Rivet City, Megaton and Paradise Falls with an ample supply of double-barrel shotguns, lever-action rifles and axes.

My survivalist doesn't use caps, although he does hoard them (as well as pre-war money) and keeps them in one of the safes at the bottom of the Flooded Sinkhole (not telling you which one). Currently, there are over 32,000 caps in there and over 200 pre-war monies. The nature of his trading is to collect all the caps from the merchant he is visiting as well as ammo and any supplies available for building Bottle Cap Mines.

My survivalist also RARELY uses Stimpaks. He quit using them upon receiving the Cannibal Perk and now feeds off people he's killed and any food that he can pull from dead animals/people, or find in old refrigerators. He only carries 25 stimpaks for EXTREME emergencies. I also try and use as many beds for napping and drink Nuka-Colas (you get a precious bottle cap AND added health) when possible. Irradiated water is an option, but my character tries to keep radiation free, I trade most drugs I find for caps; but do keep a supply of Rad-X and Rad-Away for emergencies.

I mentioned in a prior post that my survivalist resides in the Lighthouse. I chose the location for the distance from the Swampfolk, although I have had a few Trackers, Brawlers and Scrappers coming out to get me as well as the occasional Mirelurk rolling up. I have lined the beach of the mainland (closest to the lighthouse) with frag, plasma, pulse and bottle cap mines; as well as setting up a perimeter on the island the Lighthouse resides on. Light Step Perk ensures I don't accidentally set them off, I highly recommend this perk.

Up at the top of the lighthouse, in the actual glass room at the top, I have the 50+ teddy bears I have collected just hanging around, with mines on the stairs should anyone try and disturb my plush collection. In the lighthouse lobby are my stacks of cartons of cigarettes. It's more like a pile, but if I get bored, I may try stacking them up or building a cigarette fort. The basement of the lighthouse houses all of my unique weapons in the lockers as well as unique clothing I have acquired thus far.

I have also set up mine fields as traps in certain locations across Point Lookout; mostly where I have encountered "random events" or enemy respawns. I have received experience while not engaging an enemy, I'm pretty sure it's from someone walking into one of my mine clusterfucks. At night, I use my stealth armor to sneak up on Swampfolk dancing around the fires and take them out, collecting their weapons and whatever drugs/items they may have on their person. Sometimes I just surround them with mines and wait for them to disperse from their fireside dance-off before blowing the fuck out of them.

I'm trying to keep things fresh, not get too repetitive. I don't know how much longer my guy will stay in Point Lookout, there are a few things in the Wasteland that still require my attention and I may go to the Pitt eventually, if only for the sake of the use of the ammo press. Who knows?
DuPz0r
QUOTE(Stoic_Person_Eater @ Jul 23 2009, 04:41 PM) [snapback]1514290[/snapback]
There are plenty of options to what kind of "survivalist" your character can be.

My survivalist, "Atreyu" escaped the Vault, went to Megaton, disarmed the bomb, completed the Wasteland Survival Kit for experience, went to Tenpenny Tower, let the ghouls in (for the sake of the ghoul mask), did a few main storyline missions and side missions for the sake of exploration, experience and caps. He's explored most of Downtown D.C.; made enemies with the Brotherhood of Steel and gave up giving a shit about his dad after retrieving him from Tranquility Lane. Fuck him. My character has no interest in the politics of the Wasteland and doesn't give a shit about the purifier or his bastard father.

He probably won't ever get to complete Broken Steel; but if he does, he'll probably [spoiler]blow up the Citadel and those B.O.S. faggots[/spoiler]. He hasn't been to The Pitt, probably won't go there with this character; the slaves are on their own. He has completed Operation Anchorage for the experience, Gauss Rifle and Chinese Stealth Armor. He's completed all of the missions in Point Lookout and decided to call it home to escape the political horseshit of the Wasteland and his needy father. He left Clover and Dogmeat hanging out in My Megaton House and still drops by from time to time to make sure they aren't fucking up the place.

As of now, he's mainly based out of Point Lookout and spends his time collecting yeast, moonshine and Punga Fruit to take back to the Wasteland to trade on weekly basis. He's responsible for supplying merchants in Rivet City, Megaton and Paradise Falls with an ample supply of double-barrel shotguns, lever-action rifles and axes.

My survivalist doesn't use caps, although he does hoard them (as well as pre-war money) and keeps them in one of the safes at the bottom of the Flooded Sinkhole (not telling you which one). Currently, there are over 32,000 caps in there and over 200 pre-war monies. The nature of his trading is to collect all the caps from the merchant he is visiting as well as ammo and any supplies available for building Bottle Cap Mines.

My survivalist also RARELY uses Stimpaks. He quit using them upon receiving the Cannibal Perk and now feeds off people he's killed and any food that he can pull from dead animals/people, or find in old refrigerators. He only carries 25 stimpaks for EXTREME emergencies. I also try and use as many beds for napping and drink Nuka-Colas (you get a precious bottle cap AND added health) when possible. Irradiated water is an option, but my character tries to keep radiation free, I trade most drugs I find for caps; but do keep a supply of Rad-X and Rad-Away for emergencies.

I mentioned in a prior post that my survivalist resides in the Lighthouse. I chose the location for the distance from the Swampfolk, although I have had a few Trackers, Brawlers and Scrappers coming out to get me as well as the occasional Mirelurk rolling up. I have lined the beach of the mainland (closest to the lighthouse) with frag, plasma, pulse and bottle cap mines; as well as setting up a perimeter on the island the Lighthouse resides on. Light Step Perk ensures I don't accidentally set them off, I highly recommend this perk.

Up at the top of the lighthouse, in the actual glass room at the top, I have the 50+ teddy bears I have collected just hanging around, with mines on the stairs should anyone try and disturb my plush collection. In the lighthouse lobby are my stacks of cartons of cigarettes. It's more like a pile, but if I get bored, I may try stacking them up or building a cigarette fort. The basement of the lighthouse houses all of my unique weapons in the lockers as well as unique clothing I have acquired thus far.

I have also set up mine fields as traps in certain locations across Point Lookout; mostly where I have encountered "random events" or enemy respawns. I have received experience while not engaging an enemy, I'm pretty sure it's from someone walking into one of my mine clusterfucks. At night, I use my stealth armor to sneak up on Swampfolk dancing around the fires and take them out, collecting their weapons and whatever drugs/items they may have on their person. Sometimes I just surround them with mines and wait for them to disperse from their fireside dance-off before blowing the fuck out of them.

I'm trying to keep things fresh, not get too repetitive. I don't know how much longer my guy will stay in Point Lookout, there are a few things in the Wasteland that still require my attention and I may go to the Pitt eventually, if only for the sake of the use of the ammo press. Who knows?

Nice. I like the way you composed that. It was a good read. I'm interested in starting a survivalist file. I think I'll boost melee, and repair up and sell any guns, grenades, drugs that i get so that i can keep my melee weapons fixed. I'll look around for a good safehouse and store loads of junk so i can use them to create things found from schematics and sell them to traders.
Massacre
There's a tent just South of Satcom Array NN-03d-a, and my survivalist stays there mostly. I think there are a few other tents around the wasteland, too.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Massacre @ Jul 23 2009, 01:33 PM) [snapback]1514314[/snapback]
There's a tent just South of Satcom Array NN-03d-a, and my survivalist stays there mostly.

Funny, my survivalist was using that Satcom Array as an abode for a while. Something about all the bodies hanging from the towers. I'm pretty sure it's a Raider respawn area because anytime I went back there, it was refilled with Raiders all up in my shit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.