Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fallout Series
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
bOnEs
new information regarding point lookout... not sure how new it is but, it hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet...

you can come and go as you please... with a ferry to take you from the wasteland to point lookout, and back at any time you wish... it's said to be the most "open-world" of any of the DLC's... quests can be started and finished at your leisure... it's also said to be very dangerous and "hard"... some stating that this one is better suited to be tackled after broken steel because of the skills of the new enemies... and having your level at 20+ should make it a little easier... but, you can still venture to it as soon as you leave the vault, if your looking for one hell of a challenge...

NEW WEAPONS:
• Double-Barrel Shotgun (yes!!)
• Axe
• Shovel
• Repeating Rifle (resembles lincoln's repeater with probably a more worn look to it)

CLOTHES
• Civil War Hat (i sure hope there's more than just this)

LOCATIONS:
• The Duchess Gambit (the ferry that takes you to point lookout)
• Point Lookout
- Lighthouse
- Old Calvert Mansion
- Trapper Shack
- Boardwalk

CHARACTERS:
• Desmond (a ghoul)
• Tobar (the ferryman)

OTHER:
• New Perks (nothing stated yet)
• New Traps (better polish those repair and science skills biggrin.gif)
• New Enemies
- Hillfolk
- Tribals
• Other Items
- Punga Fruit (?)

MAIN QUESTS:
• The Local Flavor
• Walking with Spirits
• A Meeting of the Minds

SIDE QUESTS:
• Bog Walker (discover all locations in point lookout)
Darth Sexy
Sounds good. I may have finished all the other DLC by the time this comes out. Maybe.
§ynch
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jun 9 2009, 11:48 AM) [snapback]1507164[/snapback]
CLOTHES

Yeah, there's hillbilly overalls as well. XD.png
bOnEs
QUOTE(§ynch @ Jun 11 2009, 07:05 AM) [snapback]1507360[/snapback]
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jun 9 2009, 11:48 AM) [snapback]1507164[/snapback]
CLOTHES

Yeah, there's hillbilly overalls as well. XD.png

well, that's encouraging... the fallout wikia site must of missed that tidbit of information... but still, there better be more than a civil war hat and some hillbilly overalls, even though i'd be happy with just the overalls laugh.gif...
bOnEs
man, i'm kinda getting upset that bethesda hasn't released any more information on the PS3 DLC's... every website known to man still says late june... well, it's getting to be late june and still no word... i was thinking it would be today since thursdays are the day that the PSN updates... so, i guess it must be next week mad.gif... the anticipation is building too high for me right now... i know op:anch isn't the best of the DLC's but, the chinese stealth suit and winterized t-51b (IMO) might be the best armors out of all the expansions... that's what i am looking forward to biggrin.gif...

ohh, and the gauss rifle looks like it might be an important weapon to carry around too... my current character doesn't use any energy weapons so, i'd have tons of ammo for this sucker laugh.gif...
Massacre
Hmm, I thought they started coming out in August...

Anyway, the Enclave Hellfire armor that appears in Broken Steel is the best. Same DR as the T-51B, but it's repairable. Doesn't matter to me, though, I've been using the stealth suit since Op:Anch.
bOnEs
i only mention the winterized t-51b because, it means that once i finish, i can wear the power armor biggrin.gif... plus, having two sets of t-51b armor (winterized and fort constantine) will set me and my companion apart from the rest...

that's a pet-peeve for me... i hate wearing the same armor that everyone else wears... i like to be unique biggrin.gif... hence the reason why me and my companions (on my evil file) wear the tenpenny combat armor since that armor is nowhere to be seen in the game anymore...
Massacre
New screenshots:

bOnEs
jawdrop.gif

too bad i have to wait until september or october to play this...
Massacre
It pisses me off that they just had to include mirelurks. Mirelurks are the only enemies that actually scare me, since I was pwned by a few my first time doing Blood Ties at level 2. I mean, I can take them, and they never see me because I'm stealth, but the first two in the tunnel under Northwest Seneca Station scarred me for life...
bOnEs
so, that's a mirelurk king in the first picture? yea, i hate the mirelurks too... i'm sure you know all about my story from vault 92 laugh.gif... the sounds they make give me the willies... and i literally get goosebumps when i know i am about to encounter one...

*pisses pants*
Massacre
Yeah, it's a mirelurk king. I read on the Fallout wiki that they're reskinned, too, so I assume they'll be better camouflaged, now. Fuck!
bOnEs
i can see why too... after about a hundred or so years (no clue when mirelurks showed up), i'd imagine the point lookout mirelurks would look a little different... kinda how the ones in the nuka-cola factory look different... they grew up there, generations upon generations...

and your right, i bet they are more camouflaged... being in a greener setting, they probably resemble the brownish grass more...

fucking mirelurks...

*shit's pants this time*
Massacre
Oh, I freaked myself out the other day while playing. I was down in the tunnels beneath (I forget the name, it's where the Radiation King store is at) and the whole place is covered in mirelurk eggs, and I thought, what if they'd made it so that the eggs hatch and tiny mirelurks come out, like in Alien? I had to put the controller down, I was so freaked out...
bOnEs
the ant eggs used to freak me out like that too... the first time i saw them, in the school, i seriously thought they were gonna hatch right in front of me... but, then i heard the sound of ants, turned around, and saw 5 or 6 of them coming after me... ran back up into the school and closed the basement door... never to be opened again until i got over my fear of the giant ants laugh.gif...

seriously... the ants scared the shit out of me when i first started playing fallout 3... i mean come on, a huge fucking ant!! it wasn't until i discovered how weak they were that i got over my fear of em... had the same problem when i spotted the radscorpions for the first time too...

but, i'll never get over my fear of mirelurks... i'd rather take on a hoard of deathclaws... they don't scare me... they might kill me but, they don't scare me laugh.gif...
Massacre
Speaking of scorpions, be on your game when Broken Steel comes out, it adds the Albino Radscorpion, and it's basically a slower Deathclaw, almost the same health and damage.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(Massacre @ Jun 19 2009, 11:52 AM) [snapback]1508671[/snapback]
Oh, I freaked myself out the other day while playing. I was down in the tunnels beneath (I forget the name, it's where the Radiation King store is at) and the whole place is covered in mirelurk eggs, and I thought, what if they'd made it so that the eggs hatch and tiny mirelurks come out, like in Alien? I had to put the controller down, I was so freaked out...

LOL! That would indeed be scary, even though mirelurks are slow. Good think you haven't played Resistance 2, because there's a couple scary fucking scenes where some Chimera zombie things burst out of their hatchling pods and chase you down. And they're FAST!
Here's one of the less scary, but still freaky scenes:
[youtube]uKu9rTfhC7w[/youtube]

But dude, there's a level where you're in a pitch black train station, and there are hundreds of those pods bursting... IN THE DARK! *shivers at memories*
bOnEs
really? lol an albino radscorpion laugh.gif... i gotta look for images of em on the fallout wikia...

also, i just read that it's not just mirelurks but, other creatures from the wasteland too... probably not any super mutants but, probably more radscorpions, yao gui's and mole rats... and they'll all be getting new skins too...
§ynch
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jun 19 2009, 12:34 PM) [snapback]1508677[/snapback]
really? lol an albino radscorpion laugh.gif... i gotta look for images of em on the fallout wikia...

also, i just read that it's not just mirelurks but, other creatures from the wasteland too... probably not any super mutants but, probably more radscorpions, yao gui's and mole rats... and they'll all be getting new skins too...

I've seen the albinos take 2 nuka grenades and still not die.
They can't see you in stealth mode and kind of curl up.
Eventually they will die but they are very hard to kill.
Definitely harder than the new Reavers, and surprisingly
slightly harder to kill than the Super Mutant Overlords.

I thought the Mirelurks and Kings would be hard to kill on PC,
but now that I'm getting the hang of it they go down as easy
as with the 360. I always love finding their eggs all over the
game because that means 40-60 more lbs of food. I'm
already at Level 12 on PC version, no idea how that happened.
Massacre
When did you get the PC version, Synch? I've had it for 2-3 months, now. I can't find any good mod sites, besides Fallout 3 Nexus...
§ynch
QUOTE(Massacre @ Jun 19 2009, 01:03 PM) [snapback]1508679[/snapback]
When did you get the PC version, Synch? I've had it for 2-3 months, now. I can't find any good mod sites, besides Fallout 3 Nexus...

Got it awhile back, like 2-3 months ago, but didn't start
playing until after I finished Broken Steel.

The thing is, I also had bought a USB wireless device,
a controller to use my 360 controller with the game.
It didn't work, because I have my USB ports pretty
much being allocated for external hard drives, and that
thing uses a lot of power. The thing to do would be to get
an externally powered USB hub but I said fuck it.

[I played all the GTA 3D over again on this PC using
a PS2 style controller made for the PC]
I wanted to use my 360 controller.
So that was kind of a bummer but no big deal.

So I am just using mouse and keyboard, taking
screen shots, exploring and stuff. No mods yet,
actually I haven't even signed up for G4WL either.

Coming home after a pre-dawn raid, first armor score after Vault 101:

Listening to GNR for the first time at Moriarty's. Hearing about Dad leaving the vault:
Massacre
Whoa, I didn't know Synch was a black woman.

Anyway, one of the great things about mods is that it's the only way to experience the disturbing hilarity of the Tesla Armor/Pint-Sized Slasher Mask combo, amongst other things.
bOnEs
i'll be getting this game for the PC whenever i get a better PC laugh.gif... i too want to mod the game, and create my very own mods... do any of you have the GECK program?
§ynch
QUOTE(Massacre @ Jun 19 2009, 01:51 PM) [snapback]1508684[/snapback]
Whoa, I didn't know Synch was a black woman.

Anyway, one of the great things about mods is that it's the only way to experience the disturbing hilarity of the Tesla Armor/Pint-Sized Slasher Mask combo, amongst other things.

I know a guy who made his own armor with the GECK,
and some other interesting combos. Plus those YouTube
videos with the Behemoth - Deathclaw fight matches.

Speaking of pint-sized, back when I found the entrance to
the Adams AFB Underground (Like in GTA - Blue Hell)
I was still exploring the Enclave Mobile Crawler and found
the Broken Steel Gnome Bowling.

I completely re-did that section of Broken Steel to loot everything.
In one of the upper levels, there is a room, more like a corridor.
There are two desks or structures back to back with a narrow area
between the two of them. I saw tiny milk bottles, so I bent down to
look inside there. There are 10 miniature milk bottles in a bowling pin
configuration, that you can reach. Then there is a pool ball, and an
intact garden gnome which you can't reach. Miniature bowling. laugh.gif

Like the miniature chess game and the made up mannequins
in DC shelters and The Pitt Uptown destroyed buildings.

Of course once you complete the mission, if you destroy the crawler,
you can't go back in so I recommend having saves prior to that.
Massacre
Anyone ever seen the Pulowski Preservation Shelter with the mannequin, Sexy Sleepwear, wine, and two glasses? Somebody had something special planned. laugh.gif
§ynch
QUOTE(Massacre @ Jun 19 2009, 04:44 PM) [snapback]1508705[/snapback]
Anyone ever seen the Pulowski Preservation Shelter with the mannequin, Sexy Sleepwear, wine, and two glasses? Somebody had something special planned. laugh.gif

Yup that was like one of the many lost loves.
Did you do the love letter for Broken Steel yet?
*All-Nighter*

Find the letter in the Presidential tunnels, then find
Lug-Nut's brother Lag-Bolt in the Maison Hotel.
Massacre
I found the letter but I haven't gone to the hotel, yet.

I can't wait for Point Lookout on Tuesday. I've been intentionally keeping myself from leveling up just so I wouldn't hit 30 before the other two DLC's.
§ynch
QUOTE(Massacre @ Jun 20 2009, 09:14 AM) [snapback]1508754[/snapback]
I found the letter but I haven't gone to the hotel, yet.

I can't wait for Point Lookout on Tuesday.
I've been intentionally keeping myself from leveling up just so I wouldn't hit 30 before the other two DLC's.

Slowgasm? laugh.gif

Even more Point Lookout screen shots on the Bethesda site now,
as well as the new achievements. That carnival ride still reminds me of the GTA:IV trailer.

I joined G4WL and started a new game on PC, getting the acheebments now.
After Point Lookout on 360 I think Operation Anchorage on PC will be cool.
Gotta get the power armor ability at Level 7.
Massacre
Slowgasm? No, I prefer the term "Tantric Leveling."
§ynch
QUOTE(Massacre @ Jun 20 2009, 10:58 AM) [snapback]1508763[/snapback]
Slowgasm? No, I prefer the term "Tantric Leveling."

So how are you not leveling up? By not playing? tongue.gif

Everything you do is worth a *lot* at your level. smile.gif

Better not waste anyone I guess, if you are saving your level 30 de-virginizing.

Let me tell you that is one of the best parties......

Massacre
I've mostly been selling off the hundreds (or maybe even thousands) of things I've gathered on my adventures. I load up until I'm overcumbered, and then I go into Megaton and clean out every merchant, then load back up and go to Rivet City, and then repeat the previous steps for Underworld, Little Lamplight, Tenpenny Tower, Paradise Falls, and any scavenger I've encountered (I keep a map close by with their locations marked). By the time I finish selling and head back home for a quick nap, it's been 72 hours and the merchants in Megaton are restocked and it's time for me to start over again. Ah, the life of a Wasteland merchant... smile.gif
bOnEs
the merchant life is the good life biggrin.gif...

i am heading off to fort constantine right now, almost to it... just reached mason dixon salvage... my girl is like 200 points away from level 10... i want to get the t-51b armor before i start operation: anchorage so when i finish the DLC, i can choose which t-51b to wear, if i even want to wear em biggrin.gif... that chinese stealth suit looks too good to pass up...

but, i am more interested in getting this power armor for my followers... i'd like to help them stay alive longer biggrin.gif... lost charon the other day when i was surrounded by super mutants... had to re-load that save biggrin.gif...
§ynch
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jun 21 2009, 09:36 AM) [snapback]1508846[/snapback]
i want to get the t-51b armor before i start operation: anchorage so when i finish the DLC, i can choose which t-51b to wear

There is no contest. The Winterized T51-b never needs repair.

QUOTE(Massacre @ Jun 21 2009, 09:27 AM) [snapback]1508842[/snapback]
I've mostly been selling off the hundreds (or maybe even thousands) of things I've gathered on my adventures. I load up until I'm overencumbered, and then I go into Megaton and clean out every merchant, then load back up and go to Rivet City, and then repeat the previous steps for Underworld, Little Lamplight, Tenpenny Tower, Paradise Falls, and any scavenger I've encountered (I keep a map close by with their locations marked). By the time I finish selling and head back home for a quick nap, it's been 72 hours and the merchants in Megaton are restocked and it's time for me to start over again. Ah, the life of a Wasteland merchant... smile.gif

Nice.
Don't forget the Family's Store, Canterbury Commons diner, and the quartermaster at the Citadel.
After the Wasteland Survival Guide, the discounts at Rivet City are awesome.

bOnEs
never needs repairs you say? hmm, i know which one i'll be wearing then... i guess the constantine armor will be for the followers then biggrin.gif... i did finally reach fort constantine last night... after clearing the outside of robots, i decided to fast travel to some merchants to try and stock up on pulse weapons... i didn't realize this until after i reached the fort and checked to see how many pulse grenades i had... lol, only 2 laugh.gif... and 4 pulse mines... i think that might be enough but, i can't be too sure when it comes to mr. gutsy's and sentrybots...

a few more pulse grenades would do me well... i think 4 mines will be enough though... the only merchant i haven't checked yet is the families merchant... and i guess i better because no one else had any pulse grenades... flak had a pulse mine but, i need more than just mines... and since i am only level 10, i haven't found little lamplight, cantebury commons (passed it up on my way to the republic of dave, should of stopped by), or tenpenny tower...
Massacre
Don't the Sentry Bots only spawn in higher levels, like the Deathclaws? I'm usually 12-14 by the time I see my first Sentry Bot.
bOnEs
not really sure... not taking any risks though... i'm preparing for sentrybots, even if they aren't in there biggrin.gif... but, mr. gutsy's are enough to worry about on lower levels as well so, i wanna be ready for them too...

the problem is if i recall, there are two lock doors in the fort that require 100 in your lockpick skill... i just hope those doors aren't in my way to to the bobblehead and armor laugh.gif... if they are just doors that contain weapons or misc. items, i'll come back later...

EDIT: new information on point lookout...

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Point_Lookout_(add-on)

there's more weapons, armor, enemies, and various other things listed that weren't available when i listed the new features the first time... and do my eyes deceive me or what?! pint-sized slasher mask!! oh hell yes!! biggrin.gif...
Massacre
I think the only Very Hard locks there are the two doors leading into the missile storage, and you get the key to those doors inside the fort.

I was just about to post that info. Now my console character can wear the Slasher mask and Tesla Armor, just like on my PC file.
§ynch
QUOTE(Massacre @ Jun 22 2009, 09:30 AM) [snapback]1508995[/snapback]
Don't the Sentry Bots only spawn in higher levels, like the Deathclaws?
I'm usually 12-14 by the time I see my first Sentry Bot.

That sounds about right, I think they come later. Sentry Bots are why I always save up my pulse grenades.
I have seen Deathclaws early in the game though, like the random one at Super Duper Mart
or over at that car dealership near Megaton. (On the road to Fairfax Ruins)

QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jun 22 2009, 09:55 AM) [snapback]1509004[/snapback]
the problem is if i recall, there are two lock doors in the fort that require 100 in your lockpick skill...
i just hope those doors aren't in my way to to the bobblehead and armor laugh.gif...

There's nothing in the way of the Bobblehead, just open the door to the CO HQ house,
and go down the stairs in to the basement, the Bobblehead is in the open safe.
If you have Crowley's keys you should be able to get through the door with the T51-b close by there.

The hard doors and one terminal is in the bomb shop up on the hill, and I think there were
some hard locks in the building adjacent to the CO HQ, the one with the rocks leading up to
the roof where the Protectron hangs out up there.

bOnEs
ok cool... yea, i'd hate to get in there and find out that there are a couple of doors keeping me from reaching the armor... but since they are all in the bomb storage facility then, no worries biggrin.gif... i just thought i remembered that when i got to tara, i thought there was a couple of locked doors down there that required 100 in lockpick skills... and behind one of them i thought was a sort of weapon cache...
§ynch
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jun 22 2009, 10:29 AM) [snapback]1509009[/snapback]
ok cool... yea, i'd hate to get in there and find out that there are a couple of doors keeping me from reaching the armor... but since they are all in the bomb storage facility then, no worries biggrin.gif... i just thought i remembered that when i got to tara, i thought there was a couple of locked doors down there that required 100 in lockpick skills... and behind one of them i thought was a sort of weapon cache...

Yes, true, there may be. I've opened every locked door, safe, lock, and terminal
in the game and if there is one thing I've found out - none of the stuff is rare.
It might be cool and all, but it is rarely anything you can't get anywhere else.

You know the exceptions, the alien ammo at Fort Independence, the Shocker Glove
in the flooded metro, the Victory and loads of sniper ammo at Rock Breaker's Last Gas
(The shack with the locked Victory Rifle). There are a few others, but not to worry my man.

I do remember locked stuff near Tara but the only things special are through the CO HQ.

Note: Whenever you have a building full of Robots like Vault-TEC HQ, or the buildings
adjacent to the Constantine HQ house, those building offices are usually loaded with
pulse grenades, and other goodies. I always check all office desks, bathrooms, etc....
Remember the Vault-TEC HQ has the scoped .44 in the bathroom.

"I see you....don't take offense when I try to kill you" L0L @ the robobrains.
Wait until you read about the female intelligence programmed into the main
CPU at the Presidential Metro in Broken Steel. It's hilarious what the tech wrote in his terminal.
bOnEs
das true... i could pry make it through fort constantine with what i have since, there's a good chance i find some containers with pulse grenades and mines and shit... that's a great point synch biggrin.gif...

however, if there is a weapons cache hidden behind a locked door in the fort, i'll be pissed because, i could really use some more chinese assault rifles, 10mm SMG's and scoped .44 magnums... i am low on all those for repairs... and more combat shotguns would be a plus too since, i go through them like crazy... they break down way too fast...

oh well, like i said, i can always head back there when i get my skillz up to 100 biggrin.gif...
§ynch
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jun 22 2009, 01:20 PM) [snapback]1509021[/snapback]
das true... i could pry make it through fort constantine with what i have since, there's a good chance i find some containers with pulse grenades and mines and shit... that's a great point synch biggrin.gif...

however, if there is a weapons cache hidden behind a locked door in the fort, i'll be pissed because, i could really use some more chinese assault rifles, 10mm SMG's and scoped .44 magnums... i am low on all those for repairs... and more combat shotguns would be a plus too since, i go through them like crazy... they break down way too fast...

oh well, like i said, i can always head back there when i get my skillz up to 100 biggrin.gif...

Don't forget Raiders mang.

2 of my favorite early game spots are the Raid Shack and the overpass above
Silver's Springvale house. Both are loaded with heavily armed Raiders.
The overpass has a red truck at the hillside entrance. Just north of Megaton.
Go to the school, and then over the hill where Silver lives, and north to the overpass.
After you get past the first wave of Raiders, there will be a sniper.
Once you take that wave out and move more east to the end of the broken
freeway overpass, there will be the bosses, one with a flamer or missile launcher.
Great for early XP as well as a load of stuff that you can easily drag home.

The Raid Shack is a residential house south of Wheaton, I will be taking screen
shots when I get that far on PC. There is *always* a flamer inside there, 4 guys total.
It's a creepy place like in that movie "The Last House on the Left"...like culty creepy.
Also Fairfax Ruins and Bethesda Ruins are good for stocking up. Always a missile launcher
and assault rifles at Fairfax, and the snipers, assault rifles, and SMG's and grenades at
Bethesda. Remember you have to go to Bethesda Ruins anyway for the Bobblehead,
and the under works there is always loaded. Bethesda is the one that actually has a road
that will lead into the Raid Shack neighborhood. If you have never been there, there will
be Raiders outside by the swing set - don't be fooled and rush in to the house.
Always be crouched, as much of stealth as possible, and head *directly* up the stairs,
ready to blast all 4 of them, they are always there. Otherwise you will get torched and the
others carry heavy guns, so you want the upper hand of surprise by getting up those
stairs immediately after entering the front door of the neighbor hood house.

Nuka Cola plant, remember, follow that road to another *huge* Raider camp,
more assault rifles, custom weapon supplies, and the Raider with missile launcher up high.

Following that road down to Arlington Library, across the street is a Raider sniper camp,
but remember it is loaded with bear and shotgun traps - disarm for the rewards.

Of course one of the largest Raider hauls is Evergreen Mills. Over 1,500 lbs or gear, ammo,
and guns after you clean out the camp, the bazaar, and the offices above, and under the bazaar.
....and you know, the Behemoth, Jack, his shotgun, the Bobblehead.....lots of stuff.
I usually save Evergreen for after I have had more experience, due to the large number
of Raiders, the Behemoth, and not being able to carry much stuff on the PC version.
bOnEs
yea, i am at about that point where raiding radier camps would do me some good... i am usually very cautious of my surroundings and avoiding huge conflicts before i reach level 10... i just hate wasting ammo, deteriorating weapons faster, and using up so many stimpacks early on... i tend to wait until my small gun skills exceed 70+... and i am roughly at that level right now with the wanderer's leather armor...

the only raider camp i usually raid early is the super duper mart camp... other ones like the school i wait until later on in my travels...
§ynch
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jun 22 2009, 02:47 PM) [snapback]1509033[/snapback]
yea, i am at about that point where raiding radier camps would do me some good... i am usually very cautious of my surroundings and avoiding huge conflicts before i reach level 10... i just hate wasting ammo, deteriorating weapons faster, and using up so many stimpacks early on... i tend to wait until my small gun skills exceed 70+... and i am roughly at that level right now with the wanderer's leather armor...

the only raider camp i usually raid early is the super duper mart camp... other ones like the school i wait until later on in my travels...

I forgot about stimpacks! Rarely use them, just save them up to the 100's.
So much food laying about, and always a bed, to regain health.
I always sleep in a Raider bed after killing them all = regen.

Great thing, everyone carries food. Also trade all those books and crap
to the Brass Lantern....I've cleaned her out completely like 100
times L0L...and lose nothing. I always do the school and ant farm
first thing, so close to home and memorized that place. Stock up on
ant meat just like the mirelurk eggs down by the river near Megaton.
Plus the 5 bottles of purified water, I bug that robot for them daily.
Good point man. Alternatives to stimpacks, when fighting, not looting.
(I carry enough food to equal in weight what most carry in weaponry)

Also is it just me or is getting to GNR a piece of cake after so many times?
I cross-country it through all those roads I mention to a metro
with the muties on the over-head walkway, that metro leads right
to where the conflict and Sarah Lyons are.

(Note: That over-head walkway is usually destroyed by Prime, as he walks,
so the place is not too far from the Citadel.)

I need that first Fat Man, not GNR or 3Dog and storyline. tongue.gif
bOnEs
GNR is a piece of cake since, most of the BoS are very capable of handling that super mutant battle all themselves... and the metro's that lead to it, are a piece of cake to walk through too... just a few mole rats and some feral ghouls...

now, taking on the tech museum for three dog can be a challenge very early on...

so, i went to fort constantine last night and only had to use one pulse grenade... really, it was loaded with protectons but, those are easy to deal with... one critical sneak headshot with 'ol painless and they're taken care of... i used my pulse grenade on one of the mr. gutsy's... there were two of them in the entire base... and only one sentrybot... i took him out with a mini-nuke since there was a fatman conveniently located in the experimental armor room biggrin.gif...

really, i faced far less enemies in this adventure into fort constantine than i did with any of my other files... i guess exploring certain area's on lower levels has it's benefits laugh.gif...

EDIT: ohh, and there WAS two doors by the armor with very hard locks... i knew i remembered those biggrin.gif... i'll come back there later on because if i remember correctly, one is a weapons cache...
Massacre
June 23rd finally rolled around, and I'm downloading Point Lookout right now, so expect a review in a few days. thumbup.gif

Lets see what this place has to offer...
bOnEs
looking forward to it... hopefully in a couple of days i can get my hands on operation anchorage and i'll post a quick little PS3 review as well... actually, i just like talking fallout 3 so, i'll post comments on anything laugh.gif...

you have to tell us if it's creepy or not... i get a good creepy feeling from this game...
bOnEs
(an attempt to revive the gaming section)

so massy, what's the verdict on point lookout?
Massacre
I'm not finished, yet. This DLC is fucking huge. It's dark and foggy and it's way too easy to get lost or walk off a ledge onto a group of Swampfolk. The Swampfolk are tough, maybe on par with Deathclaws in terms of health, and they will fuck you up bad. They carry lever-action rifles and double barreled shotguns, which do 45 and 85 damage, and they're everywhere, so you need to be on your toes. There are still some quests I haven't gotten to and some locations I haven't discovered, but I'm sure they're just as good as the rest of the DLC. The only major downside is the lack of new armor. The only additions are the confederate hat, which adds +1 perception like most of the hats, the workman's coveralls, which are just a recolor of the brahmin skin outfit, the tribal garb, which is kind of meh, and a few others not worth mentioning. The highlight of the clothing has to be the Pint-Sized slasher mask, and the first spot you find it in is pretty creepy.

The battle that occurs in Calvert Mansion is pretty cool, with enemies coming from everywhere, but much like the rest of the quests I've completed so far, there was a lot more they could've done with it. One highlight for me, and I won't go into details, was at a point where my character was tripping from the effects of some of the local plantlife, and things just got too real after a while, much worse than the Vault 106 hallucinations.

The best way I can describe the setting is this: You know how you'll be in a metro tunnel or a cave or some other dark cramped space, and you can hear mirelurks or ghouls from all over the place and you're terrified, but it's okay because you know you can just go back out into the sunlight and you'll be safe? It's like that, except there's nowhere you can go to be safe. Hell, most of the day the sun's not even out.

A final word of advice: Watch your shit in the Sacred Bog. Just watch it.

----------

On another note, I was playing one of my PC files earlier, and for the first time ever, I got the Firelance event. Outside of Vault 106. You know, Vault 106, where the entrance is surrounded by cliffs and rocks and it would be impossible to find a gun that's the same color as the rest of the area? Yeah. I had to walk all the way to the Scrapyard to get that bastard Dogmeat, then go back to the vault entrance to have him find the Firelance for me. Now, once again, he's taking up space in my Megaton house...
DuPz0r
Still no DLC for PS3. I'm actually looking forward to it, so HURRY THE FUCK UP!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.