Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fallout Series
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
Darth Sexy
Hmmm, I'm about to go into Vault 87. Hopefully doing The Pitt after it is ok.
§ynch
QUOTE(Darth Marney @ May 17 2009, 10:58 PM) [snapback]1502627[/snapback]
Hmmm, I'm about to go into Vault 87. Hopefully doing The Pitt after it is ok.

You should be okay if you do not continue the storyline after that.

Bobblehead spoiler if you don't already know:
[spoiler]Once you go into Vault 87 via Little Lamplight,
you will not "leave". When you awaken, will be your
only chance to get the last Bobblehead.
Pass the speech checks to make your life easy,
and don't forget all your gear in the locker.
Don't leave Raven Rock without your gear, and that Bobblehead.
If you are traveling light, this is a good chance to pick up
Enclave Power Armor or Tesla Armor, plus Plasma Rifles.
[/spoiler]

Once you leave, save the game and then go to The Pitt.
You should be fine. Good luck, and have fun. It's great.

Darth Sexy
Yeah, got the Bobblehead and made some crazy pyros go off. I think I might download Broken Steel now, do the end of the original game, then go to The Pitt.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Darth Marney @ May 18 2009, 05:11 AM) [snapback]1502638[/snapback]
I think I might download Broken Steel now, do the end of the original game, then go to The Pitt.

I'm thinking this too.

Although I was thinking about downloading them both, that way the level cap is removed, then go into the Pitt, work on my leveling, then end things with Broken Steel. I'll probably do both, I have two save files that are just about ready for this DLC.
§ynch
For the very cool Broken Steel DLC, of course I had to end my EPIC 3rd game.
It was totally worth it because after the first mission you now can free roam.
[spoiler]Now all the water in the Jefferson Basin is non-iradiated, swim free and grab all the Mirelurk meat[/spoiler]

Already got cool new weapons killing Enclave, such as the Heavy Incinerator.
That one is great if you took the Pyromaniac perk like I did.
Imagine a Flamer with Missile Launcher type capabilities. I'm still learning it.
Usually found with the Enclave Hellfire Armor outfits, set at 290 weight default.

As Fallout3 experts now, you all know how easy it is to take down enemies.
For the leveling up it was great old school for me, I went to known Raider
camps and Enclave sites and took them out with just a Combat Knife.
This really helps your leveling up after 20 because you know the game,
and you are highly skilled by now. Most skills should be at or near 100.
Grabbing all the free Aqua-Pura at the Citadel helps. It's everywhere.

No more stronger back perks, I'm maxed at 300/300 weight if using Enclave Armor.
It's 290/290 if using the Winterized T51B armor or any other Hellfire or regular power armor.
So looting every new place still has me looking for that stash point.
Lots of stuff to loot, lots of new places, lots of new character/creatures, and lots of fun.

I hope you guys all like Broken Steel. I am on the 3rd mission now.
Trying to make it last by going way slow. This is so cool.

There is a trick to the 2nd mission, in Old Olney Power Works.
The door that leads you into the Wilson Building, leads you out.
But you have to traverse all the rubble first before the in-door
transforms into the out-door. That was a bit of a hang up until
I figured it out. Then it was easy after that.

This is the best DLC so far.

Massacre
Holy Fuck!!! Two new DLC packs are coming out; Point Lookout and Mothership Zeta, and starting with Op:Anchorage, DLC packs are going to start being released for PS3 at the end of June! You win, Bones, you win hard.

Clicky! vvvv

Fuckin' A!!!!!!

Jumpy.gif
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Massacre @ May 19 2009, 12:07 PM) [snapback]1502958[/snapback]
Holy Fuck!!! Two new DLC packs are coming out; Point Lookout and Mothership Zeta, and starting with Op:Anchorage, DLC packs are going to start being released for PS3 at the end of June! You win, Bones, you win hard.

Congrats to Bones, I'm glad this will finally be coming your way. I'll be busy telling you all about Point Lookout though while you're simulating the Chinese-American War.

I came a little when I heard about the two new DLC's. I hope the Mothership Zeta DLC has something to do with that downed alien space craft...

As rumored, there are also two new DLCs planned for the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360:

Point Lookout – Explore a massive new swampland area filled with new quests and content. Point Lookout will be available in late June for Xbox 360 and PC. Cost will be 800 points or $9.99. It will be available through Xbox Live and Games for Windows Live and through token cards available at retail. Point Lookout will be available on PS3 after the first three DLCs have been released.

Mothership Zeta – The aliens have returned, and they're pissed. Experience an alien abduction first hand and find out if you're tough enough to survive. Mothership Zeta is scheduled for release in late July for Xbox 360 and PC. Cost will be 800 points or $9.99. It will be available through Xbox Live and Games for Windows Live and through token cards available at retail. Mothership Zeta will be available on PS3 after Point Lookout.

http://kotaku.com/5260907/fallout-3-dlc-an...new-dlc-for-all

OH FUCK YES!
Massacre
Well, fuck. Nice edit, Stoic...

There's a bundle coming out in October with Fallout 3 and all five DLC's.
bOnEs
QUOTE(Massacre @ May 19 2009, 12:34 PM) [snapback]1502972[/snapback]
Well, fuck. Nice edit, Stoic...

There's a bundle coming out in October with Fallout 3 and all five DLC's.

yea, that's the one i might wait on... since, it's gonna be what, $40? 5 DLC's and fallout 3 for $40 is a GREAT deal... plus, i don't want to download a bunch DLC's and use up more of my hard drive space... and i am guessing that each DLC is roughly a gig right? yea, i'll probably pass on the june DLC's and just wait till october... save some money and some hard drive space...

maybe i'll have TL&TD to tide me over biggrin.gif...
Massacre
According to this interview with Todd Howard, the swamp area in Point Lookout wasn't damaged like the Capital Wasteland, it wasn't hit by the bombs, it was just abandoned. He says the area is huge, a "mini [Capital] Wasteland." Also, Mothership Zeta takes place entirely on the spacecraft, so I assume it's pretty huge, too. They say that none of the art from FO3 is used for the ship in Zeta. I can't wait.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Massacre @ May 19 2009, 03:53 PM) [snapback]1503023[/snapback]
According to this interview with Todd Howard, the swamp area in Point Lookout wasn't damaged like the Capital Wasteland, it wasn't hit by the bombs, it was just abandoned. He says the area is huge, a "mini [Capital] Wasteland." Also, Mothership Zeta takes place entirely on the spacecraft, so I assume it's pretty huge, too. They say that none of the art from FO3 is used for the ship in Zeta. I can't wait.

I cannot wait for this.

Fallout 3 is the greatest game I have ever played.
Massacre
I can totally relate. I never thought anything would dethrone GTA for me, but this game has done it.
bOnEs
QUOTE(Massacre @ May 19 2009, 04:20 PM) [snapback]1503032[/snapback]
I can totally relate. I never thought anything would dethrone GTA for me, but this game has done it.

same here... GTAIV is my second favorite game right behind this masterpiece... i never thought anything would top GTA either... and now they're taking a game that easily tops 100+ hours of gameplay, and adds 5 more DLC's with roughly 15 hours for each... we're talking 200+ hours now to play a game from start to finish with all the expansions added...

what other game can offer that much awesomeness? biggrin.gif... none...
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(bOnEs @ May 19 2009, 04:25 PM) [snapback]1503034[/snapback]

same here... GTAIV is my second favorite game right behind this masterpiece... i never thought anything would top GTA either... and now they're taking a game that easily tops 100+ hours of gameplay, and adds 5 more DLC's with roughly 15 hours for each... we're talking 200+ hours now to play a game from start to finish with all the expansions added...

what other game can offer that much awesomeness? :D... none...

I wonder how high the level cap will go to? I'd like to see the glass ceiling removed.
Massacre
QUOTE(bOnEs @ May 19 2009, 04:25 PM) [snapback]1503034[/snapback]

what other game can offer that much awesomeness? biggrin.gif... none...

I had actually logged over 250 hours before Broken Steel came out. I can easily see myself hitting close to 500 hours by the time I quit playing (if that ever happens). Still a far cry from the 1800+ hours I logged on San Andreas (on just one of my five or six files).

I'll get around the same amount of time put into my PC files when the DLC's are released on disc, there are so many mods that require the DLC.

Stoic, in the IGN interview I linked to, Todd Howard says the new DLC's won't raise the level cap, but he also hinted there could be even more DLC's, so it's a possibility.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Massacre @ May 19 2009, 04:47 PM) [snapback]1503040[/snapback]
Stoic, in the IGN interview I linked to, Todd Howard says the new DLC's won't raise the level cap, but he also hinted there could be even more DLC's, so it's a possibility.

Christ. Now I'm destined to roam the Wasteland as a Level 30 instead of 20. Not sure if that's any better.
§ynch
Wild news guys, thanks for the updates. Greatest game ever.

bOnEs
more than 5 expansions?!?!?
jawdrop.gif

this is like creating a whole new game with all this extra content!!! and there's still new vegas due out next year... i think i am destined to roam the wasteland for many many years to come...

and yea, 250+ hours isn't out of the question... if i had all the expansions right now, my game save would probably say 300 hours... just because, i play at a little slower pace than most... but still, that's a lot of bang for your buck... hell, even the additional 15 hours you get with the $10 expansions surpasses some games priced at $60...
Darth Sexy
Wow, I'm never going to finish this fucking game. I've been playing since Christmas. Anyway, done the main storyline....the ending definitely needed the Broken Steel expansion. I've realised that when I hit level 30, my guy is gonna be essentially invincible. I'd be interested to see him against my level 50 Sith Lord in KoToR II.
TheAnalogKid2112
Holy fucking shit! Look what I've missed! I just shat my pants. I'm so happy right now.

And by the time this happens, I'll probably have upgraded my HDD to 320-500 GB so I'll have no problem loadin' them all on.

Fuck yeah!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, aliens= greatest game ever.
bOnEs
yea, i was just mentioning how they could do an alien expansion to new vegas... yet, here we are still in the capitol wastleland, and there's gonna be little green aliens abducting and probing!!

i actually might just download the expansions as they are released because (1), i want to play em badly and (2), they might not be as big of files as i would imagine... anyone know the average size of the files from XBL?
Massacre
Op:Anch and The Pitt were about 400-500mb and Broken Steel was around 640.

And about the alien/New Vegas thing, now that Mothership Zeta has aliens, it's even more likely New Vegas will have them, too. thumbup.gif
PabloHoneyOle
I can't even think of New Vegas right now. I'm more excited about the DLC. If I could only have one or the other, I would take the DLC. I'll stick to that, even after the Vegas has been out and I've been saying how great it is... Quote me.
I'll definitely be getting it on it's release day, I waited 4 months to get Fallout 3. I feel like I was missing out.
I'll probably be playing through Fallout 3 up until the release of Vegas. And probably long after that.

Back to the DLC:
As far as the aliens, I'm really glad they are making more of that crashed ship. I thought that was one of the greatest finds in the game. The Alien Blaster is my secret weapon for those tight situations and extreme shootouts. I can't imagine the Alien technology that will be unveiled and hopefully retrievable aboard the Alien Craft. In the IGN interview, Todd made it sound like you would be able to do it whenever (similar to OP: Anchorage). I'd start another save file just to have a Level 4 with the Ultimate Alien Arsenal. No mole rat or bloat fly would want to fuck with me.

While I am excited about the Aliens, I can't wait for the Point Lookout as well. It'll be nice to see an environment untouched by the radiation and death and with more colors.

Shit, I need to download the Pitt and Broken Steel. Probably this weekend.
Marney1
I'm gonna stop reading this thread and get the game before I ruin it for myself, it sounds brilliant.
bOnEs
QUOTE(marney1 @ May 20 2009, 02:19 PM) [snapback]1503246[/snapback]
I'm gonna stop reading this thread and get the game before I ruin it for myself, it sounds brilliant.

you've really been missing out man... it deserved every single award it got, easily the biggest and funnest game released this gen... and when i say big, that's a huge understatement... this game is gargantuan!! you'll be overwhelmed when you first start, trust me...

it sounds like the DLC's won't be as big of files as i thought... maybe using up a total of 2-3 gigs... that might do for me... i am thinking that i'll continue my new "good" file with my chick, valentine... and do the DLC's when they become available... however, once i have em all, i'll be starting all over as another "evil" guy, and playing this game from start to finish, and exploring every goddamn inch of the wasteland for once... i've never fully explored the map because, it's just too damn big for me... this fall, i'll put forth great effort into exploring this game 100% (or at least try to laugh.gif)...
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(bOnEs @ May 20 2009, 02:34 PM) [snapback]1503249[/snapback]
i am thinking that i'll continue my new "good" file with my chick, valentine...

My second file is a "evil" chick named Tits McGee.

I will definitely be creating a third file after all of the DLC is released to mix things up.
PabloHoneyOle
Also, Capital Wasteland Classifieds.

Pretty hilarious.
bOnEs
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ May 20 2009, 04:03 PM) [snapback]1503278[/snapback]

Pretty hilarious.

awesome!! here's mine...

HELP NEEDED!! looking for hard labor with little pay? I need someone willing to clean out the Anchorage Memorial so i can live there. The place is still overrun by mirelurks so, some gun skills will be required. Place is loaded with mirelurk feces and seman splattered all over the walls so, a strong stomach is needed, otherwise you'll just be cleaning up after yourself. Contact "Big Tig" in Grayditch for further details.
§ynch
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ May 20 2009, 01:03 PM) [snapback]1503278[/snapback]

Pretty hilarious.

XD.png roll2.gif laugh.gif

DuPz0r
I still havent completed all the side quests for this game. I think i may start playing it again as there seems to still be loads of interest in it.
bOnEs
really, there's been huge interest every since it was released... no wonder bethesda is still making expansions biggrin.gif...
DuPz0r
for microsoft... mad.gif
bOnEs
...and soon for the sony boys too biggrin.gif... i heard late june will be when we get to use the chinese stealth armor and gauss rifle...
§ynch
QUOTE(Darth Marney @ May 19 2009, 07:34 PM) [snapback]1503078[/snapback]
Anyway, done the main storyline....the ending definitely needed the Broken Steel expansion.
I've realised that when I hit level 30, my guy is gonna be essentially invincible.

Wait until you get the Tesla Cannon.
I'm only on Level 25 and invincible is the word.

Air Force Base - incoming Vertibirds - No problemo. cool.gif
Massacre
Hey, has anyone ever noticed that "Tunnel Snakes" is a penis joke? I can't believe I've never caught that before...
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Massacre @ May 21 2009, 12:35 PM) [snapback]1503451[/snapback]
Hey, has anyone ever noticed that "Tunnel Snakes" is a penis joke? I can't believe I've never caught that before...

Hmm. I've never heard that. I guess it's open to interpretation?

Maybe because they all have bad personalities (snakes) and they live in the Vault (which has tunnels) and it sounds intimidating. That's what I thought.

I don't sit around and think about penis all day either. [cough]fag[/cough]

bOnEs
maybe an uncircumcised one?? laugh.gif... don't know, never thought about that till you mentioned it... i just assumed the same as stoic in that they live in underground tunnels like snakes do...
TheAnalogKid2112
The snake is the dick.. and the tunnel is a vag.

And omg. I felt like such a loser today. I was walking to my buddy's house. I cut through a parking lot. Well anyway, I saw a bobby pin on the ground and my instant reaction was to pick it up. I got all excited sad.gif
bOnEs
lol, i drink a lot of beer on the weekends and, every sunday when i am cleaning, i find a pile of bottlecaps and think to myself, "that's enough to buy some crap at moria's!" laugh.gif...
§ynch
QUOTE(bOnEs @ May 21 2009, 03:31 PM) [snapback]1503561[/snapback]
lol, i drink a lot of beer on the weekends and, every sunday when i am cleaning, i find a pile of bottlecaps and think to myself, "that's enough to buy some crap at moria's!" laugh.gif...

I wish I had 'My First Laboratory' in real life for the beer addiction.
Instead of Guinness Stout bottle caps, (I would be rich)
I actually started a collection of original red Coka Cola bottle caps.

Now I'm on the Aqua-Cura challenge, that traveling Aqua-Pura salesman
ghoul set up in the lower concourse of the Museum of History. (Underworld)
I made the mistake of talking to him after the Air Force Base mission.......
Massacre
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ May 21 2009, 05:37 PM) [snapback]1503548[/snapback]
The snake is the dick.. and the tunnel is a vag.

And omg. I felt like such a loser today. I was walking to my buddy's house. I cut through a parking lot. Well anyway, I saw a bobby pin on the ground and my instant reaction was to pick it up. I got all excited sad.gif

I do that all the time, except I keep some of it. I have so much shit lying around my place...
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Massacre @ May 21 2009, 10:15 PM) [snapback]1503598[/snapback]
I do that all the time, except I keep some of it. I have so much shit lying around my place...

I do this too. I have collected 200 cartons of cigarettes - mostly from looting Chinese grocery stores and I don't even smoke. I just know that ONE DAY, I might need them for a trade...

I think the fact that I only steal from the Chinese is some subconscious fear of the Invasion of Alaska.
§ynch
Finally got the 3rd Nuka Grenade schematic, and I have no idea how it happened.
Doc Hoff has long since been dead and I never found his body for the final schematic.

Was only on the Aqua-Pura challenge. Shit happens I guess?

Now I can start to use up my 67 Quantums to make 3 grenades each time.

I never read that there was any more than 93 Quantums in the game,
so it was weird that I collected 67 more after the required 30 for the Nuka Quantum Challenge.
That totals 97 that I collected.

Maybe the DLC's added a few, I dunno.
What the fuck. I have to re-load to see where I got this schematic.
Anyway now each test, makes 3 Nuka Grenades.

I've only made 1=3 so far, and not impressed having all the DLC weapons already.

They might just end up more collectibles. 66 Quantums left.

The Nuka Grenades are nothing compared to the Tesla Cannon, Heavy Incinerator,
Metal Blaster, the Auto Axes and 3 variations, or the Gauss Rifle....DLC weapons rule.

bOnEs
can't wait to use the gauss rifle... and the infiltrator once we get the pitt... seriously, the chinese stealth suit and the infiltrator are gonna turn my chick into a chameleon biggrin.gif... it'll make the rest of the game seem too easy...
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(§ynch @ May 22 2009, 10:12 AM) [snapback]1503654[/snapback]
The Nuka Grenades are nothing compared to the Tesla Cannon, Heavy Incinerator,
Metal Blaster, the Auto Axes and 3 variations, or the Gauss Rifle....DLC weapons rule.

I've only gotten the Gauss Rifle, but it's my favorite weapon by far.
Nothing better than seeing a radscorpion get airborne from a critical hit.
Massacre
QUOTE(bOnEs @ May 22 2009, 11:20 AM) [snapback]1503669[/snapback]
can't wait to use the gauss rifle... and the infiltrator once we get the pitt... seriously, the chinese stealth suit and the infiltrator are gonna turn my chick into a chameleon biggrin.gif... it'll make the rest of the game seem too easy...

Here's an example of how easy the stealth suit/infiltrator combo make the game: I have over 1,000 Stimpaks. I haven't used one since I finished Anchorage.

The only downside is that my dude has scoliosis from crouching all the time...
bOnEs
i heard you can wear any hat with the stealth suit and you'll still be almost invisible, right?
Massacre
Adding a hat or glasses doesn't affect anything. You can wear biker goggles and a pre-war bonnet and you'll be just as invisible, just like with a stealth boy. I wear mine with the Lucky Shades (+1 luck) and the Hat of the People (+5 Small Guns). My sneak attack criticals are insane.
bOnEs
QUOTE(Massacre @ May 22 2009, 01:50 PM) [snapback]1503702[/snapback]
Adding a hat or glasses doesn't affect anything. You can wear biker goggles and a pre-war bonnet and you'll be just as invisible, just like with a stealth boy. I wear mine with the Lucky Shades (+1 luck) and the Hat of the People (+5 Small Guns). My sneak attack criticals are insane.

can't wait to see the suit in action... it might make my trek to vault 91 a little more easier laugh.gif...
§ynch
QUOTE(bOnEs @ May 22 2009, 08:20 AM) [snapback]1503669[/snapback]

I was using it all the time against the Enclave so eventually, you'll have to
get the suit repaired, it takes damage just like any other suit of armor.
(Except the Winterized T51-B Armor)

The Infiltrator, Perforator, Silenced 9mm, Dart Gun, and Frag Grenades are the stealthiest.
Frags may sound loud, but in that suit I have come up behind a group of 4 Raiders,
and 3 Enclave doing push-ups, and dropped them all with one grenade.

The game's not too easy when you have to walk home with 900 lbs on your back. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.