Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fallout Series
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
PabloHoneyOle
Holy shit that looks great.

That laser cannon (tesla cannon?) looks fucking awesome. I can't wait to use it on some pesky bloat flies.

QUOTE(§ynch @ May 2 2009, 09:36 PM) [snapback]1500051[/snapback]
I know you killed Reilly, but after Operation Anchorage and The Pitt,
she pays for those GPS locations as well. I had discovered every
location in the game, (even Raven Rock)and when killing the preacher in the alley,
I went back to her place and got another few hundred in caps.

I think I picked something up on accident in Reilly's HQ and everyone turned hostile on me. I had to kill them and didn't really give a shit enough to reload a save so I could keep her around. I'm on my 2nd playthrough now and I haven't come to her yet, but I'll try to keep her around.

QUOTE(§ynch @ May 2 2009, 09:36 PM) [snapback]1500051[/snapback]
Still can't get to that Nuka Cola machine on the top level or Reilly's,
tried stacking shopping carts and all kind of crap.
Got a feeling my last Quantum is in there, I have 59.

The real highest floor, just above, was not intended to be accessible. It has several Nuka-Cola Machines and a door which does not open (both sides of it are visible from the floor below). You can reach it with console commands on PC. There is currently no known way to access this floor on consoles. Possibly you could stack barrels/carts on top of a high cupboard, if you are very patient.

QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ May 2 2009, 10:08 PM) [snapback]1500054[/snapback]
Also ran into 2 deathclaws at Old Olney. UGH. I hate those bastards. Though I found a great way to kill them.

The best way to kill them is shoot them with the dart gun in the legs, then they are super slow practically paralyzed. From there, it's your choice of how you want to bring them down. You could just let them chase you until the poison finishes them off and save some ammo.
bOnEs
you don't have to shoot em in the leg (deathclaws)... you can shoot em in the torso, which probably has a higher percentage... but yea, the dart gun is a godsend against the deathclaws... and the best weapon to finish em off is the blackhawk... only a couple of shots to the head and with the dart gun, you can allow them to get that close because they are no threat when you take away their best skill... speed...
TheAnalogKid2112
I don't have a dart gun OR a blackhawk hahaha.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ May 5 2009, 02:06 AM) [snapback]1500267[/snapback]
I don't have a dart gun OR a blackhawk hahaha.

You can get the schematics in Tenpenny Tower from the chick who has the general goods store. It costs around 700 caps, depending on your barter skills. Worth the caps, makes use of all those hundreds of darts you've been picking up. For most enemies, one dart is all you need. With the Chinese Stealth Armor and this gun equipped, you can take out a whole room of baddies by poisoning them all and watching them drop dead, slowly. It's probably one of my favorite guns - and as mentioned above, a necessity for taking out Deathclaws painlessly.

All you need is the (Schematics, obviously) Paint Gun, Radscorpion Poison Gland, Surgical Tubing and Toy Car.

Currently in my 2nd game play, I'm cruising the desert looking for a Radscorpion to kill to get his gland so I can build this beast. Then off to OP: Anchorage (Save 2)
PabloHoneyOle
Also, anyone downloaded Broken Steel yet? I hear there are errors with the PC version. I'm waiting to get the all clear before even queuing it up.
bOnEs
pfft, i wish... damnit, they need to release all 3 expansions in a game of the year edition for the PS3, like they did with oblivion... it sucks that i can't play the expansions to my favorite video game of all-time...
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(bOnEs @ May 5 2009, 11:17 AM) [snapback]1500290[/snapback]
pfft, i wish... damnit, they need to release all 3 expansions in a game of the year edition for the PS3, like they did with oblivion... it sucks that i can't play the expansions to my favorite video game of all-time...

I feel for you, sincerely. When I was shopping my next-gen console, I was so close to picking up the PS3, but the Fallout 3 DLC has made my decision all the worth while. Not trying to start a fanboy war at all, just saying that I had no idea when I bought my console about Fallout 3. It's like it was... fate.
bOnEs
lol, too true... i've missed out on the DLC's to two of my favorite next-gen games in fallout 3 and GTAIV... it sucks but, i moved past the GTAIV one... but, fallout 3 has just released their third one and it's still fresh in my mind... maybe i'll get over it in a few months... what might help is some more news on new vegas soon biggrin.gif...
Massacre
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ May 5 2009, 09:37 AM) [snapback]1500284[/snapback]
Also, anyone downloaded Broken Steel yet? I hear there are errors with the PC version. I'm waiting to get the all clear before even queuing it up.

I'm going to try to download it in a minute. My connection's being a bitch right now, but I'm going to try anyway. I'll let you know how it works out.
Mad Space Ghost
Not sure about the other fallouts but fallout 3 sucked, it could of been way better imo.
§ynch
QUOTE(Massacre @ Apr 24 2009, 08:56 AM) [snapback]1498374[/snapback]
After you finish the main quest, you get access to the ammo press. Basically, you can either put in scrap metal
(waste of scrap metal, save it for Walter) or any other type of ammo
(like the 10k rounds of 5mm ammo for the minigun you don't use),
and then you go to a nearby terminal and select the type of ammo you want to press.

Once you get to the final quest, think about what matters more to you: Badass Power armor (which you can sort of get from collecting ingots) or not fighting trogs all over the Pitt. That's all I can say about that without spoiling anything.

I finally went back for this to see how it works. For some reason that guy Brand is sitting on the ground next to the terminal stairs, strange.
There's instructions on the terminal. Real straightforward, the materials bin is right there by the terminal.
Loading 20 scrap metals will yield 26-50 rounds of selectable ammo. I'm in no shortage of caps, so I used the scrap,
to see how it works, fast traveling through the checkpoints. Next up is all those 5mm rounds....
Also I don't need .44 ammo so I went for .308 for the various sniper rifles. I have enough assault rifle ammo from
Protector Casdin to last the Infiltrator a lifetime.

About Broken Steel....
I've heard about the PC bugs for Broken Steel so instead of downloading today will wait for a bit.
It's probably fine on 360 and Elite. Let us know Massacre. cool.gif

QUOTE(Mad Space Ghost)
Not sure about the other fallouts but fallout 3 sucked, it could of been way better imo.

Good to see you made it to Level 3. The female Raiders pwned you, didn't they...... thumbup.gif
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Mad Space Ghost @ May 5 2009, 10:40 PM) [snapback]1500381[/snapback]

What didn't you like about it, what could have been better? Don't post in here to be a negative shit.

QUOTE(§ynch @ May 6 2009, 01:32 AM) [snapback]1500397[/snapback]
Let us know Massacre.

For fucksake, where's the review Massacre?!?
bOnEs
so, i was looking at the new perks that come with broken steel... and i only see a few worthy of getting... i was expecting some better ones but, there's a lot of them that seem pointless...

the "puppies!" one is kinda cool if you like having dogmeat as a companion (i don't, personally)...

"almost perfect" is a great level 30 perk though... increases all SPECIAL stats to 9...

the karma ones are really stupid unless your character has a change of heart at some point during the ending of fallout 3 and/or during the broken steel quests...

the radiation ones are stupid since your radiation level is never a major problem in fallout 3...

the "party boy" perk is kinda useful for those who want to win more speech challenges... it allows you to never become addicted to alcohol, which grants a nice charisma bonus...

"quantum chemist" is also a nice new perk for those with a high science skill (70+)... it will convert every 10 nuka-cola's into quantum... how cool is that?! now there's no limit to how many quantums are available to you... great for those who love nuka-grenades like myself biggrin.gif...

and of course the best of the best is the "nerves of steel" perk which regenerates your action points a lot faster than normal... easily the most useful perk in broken steel... however, if you have the "grim-reaper's sprint" it might not be as useful... but, still useful for those enemies that might take more than a few VATS shots to kill, like the new super mutant overlords...
TheAnalogKid2112
I just got through the Red Racer Factory. I have many questions.

First of all.. Why the FUCK did all the enemies' heads explode!

Second.. Can someone explain the signifigance of this place? I didn't have a high enough Science skill to hack the terminals, and the caged off glowing one, giant electric machines and gurneys were making me wonder.

Also, what's the deal with "The Surgeon" that I killed?
Massacre
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ May 6 2009, 08:43 AM) [snapback]1500415[/snapback]
Let us know Massacre.

Getting impatient, are we? This time, I've actually typed up a full fledged review, minus most of the storyline details.

Broken Steel is fucking magnificent, easily the best of the three DLCs, and this is coming from someone who seriously loved The Pitt. Right after you wake up from activating the Purifier (if that's a spoiler to anyone, you should've beaten the game by now, fuck off), you'll notice the massive surplus of "Aqua Pura" (basically Purified Water, but with no resale value) littering the Citadel, and even more around the Jefferson Memorial, completely free and ripe for the chugging. Aside from the main quest, there are three new side quests, one of which gives you a new headwear item that makes you look like a 70's gameshow host/retard, you'll see what I mean.

Whether you decide to stick to the main quest or start with the side quests, eventually you'll have to face a Feral Ghoul Reaver. Learn to tell these apart from the Feral Ghoul Roamers, and do not underestimate these things just because they're ghouls, they use grenades, they will fuck you up, and they can take one hell of a beating. The Super Mutant Overlords are even tougher, and their Tri-Beam Laser is aptly named, basically three laser rifles in one, doing 67 damage per shot when fully repaired. The star of the annoyingly tough enemies has to be the Enclave Hellfire Trooper. Fully repaired the Enclave Hellfire Armor has 48 damage resistance higher than any other armor (I think), and the Heavy Incinerator is nothing short of magnificent.

There are spoilers ahead, but I'd still suggest reading on, there's some really useful info.

Warnings/advice:

1. If your Science skill isn't very high, beef it up as much as possible before doing the main quest. It helps a lot when you meet M.A.R.Go.T., and the robotic defenses will stop attacking you.

2. Make multiple trips back to your house to drop off loot, you will be overcumber multiple times, and no matter how heavily you've scoured the area, there's always more loot ahead. There are two complete armories inside of the massive mobile structure you will find at Fort Adams Air Force Base, keep your inventory open.

3. It looks like there is nothing at the far end of the runway at Fort Adams, don't be fooled. At the opposite end of the runway is a storage facility with a supply of missiles, mini nukes, and a unique Flamer inside.

4. Don't rush, take the time to cover every square inch of the inside of the mobile... thing (I forget what it's called, but you'll know it when you see it). Use your local map, if there are any black areas on it, go back and search the area, the place is filled with loot of all kinds.

5. If you have two save files, one for Good karma and one for Evil karma, complete Broken Steel on both of them, because at the tail-end of the main quest, you will have the option to fire a barrage of missiles at either The Citadel or Fort Adams Air Force Base. If you fire at The Citadel, the inside is decimated, but at the bottom of the crater is the door to a previously inaccessable armory, filled with an erection-inducing arsenal of weapons, ammo, and health supplies. Also, you take a demonic karma hit. If you nuke the Enclave's mobile thing, you get a pat on the back and some new collecting activities, and you karma rises to a level that would make Jesus jealous.

6. If you don't have a Good karma file and an Evil Karma file, make two saves before you access the missile command terminal, it's worth it to follow both paths.

7. Make sure you hold onto every single sensor module and camera you find, if you plan on leaving The Citadel intact.

That's all I can think of for now, just be sure to ask whatever questions you have so I can help out. thumbup.gif
§ynch
QUOTE(Massacre @ May 6 2009, 09:48 PM) [snapback]1500562[/snapback]
That's all I can think of for now, just be sure to ask whatever questions you have so I can help out. thumbup.gif

Dude you are the fucking man. cool.gif

As for Bones previous post about SPECIAL levels:
Dude after the DLC's mine are all maxed past 8 each.
They just add up.
Almost every Skill is over 80%, with the exception of a few.
Most of them are already at 100% with the (+) after them.
All that shit is maxed out. Plus so many extra perks.
After reading 230 books, discovering every location, etc.
Shit just adds up. I've maxed out on this game save,
plus doing the DLC's. I never noticed before you asked.
Then I checked and I didn't even know. Now I know
why everyone and every creature is dying so fast when I kill.

Now to go for Massacre's most awesome Broken Steel.
Holy Quacamole this never sounded so good.
Dude make sure to write this up on our Fallout Forum.
Big ups to you for taking the buggy chance.
Fucking kicks ass. I will download this tomorrow, and thanks Massacre.
Huge karma and reputation awaits you, what a great write up. notworthy.gif
Massacre
Thanks for the praise, man. Hey, is the Fallout forum working for you? I tried to visit it to post my review, but it seems to be broken.
§ynch
QUOTE(Massacre @ May 7 2009, 10:34 AM) [snapback]1500642[/snapback]
Thanks for the praise, man. Hey, is the Fallout forum working for you? I tried to visit it to post my review, but it seems to be broken.

Working for me at the moment.
It runs slow occasionally, ever since Cal started using advertisements.
I've mentioned it to him a number of times.
TheAnalogKid2112
Can somebody pwease answer my post?
Massacre
Well, Analog, some places in the game have mini-storylines or unmarked quests. Things in the area are set up a certain way, and the various terminals and holotapes that may be found there explain what happened or what's about to happen, depending on the place you're currently in.

As for the specifics about the Red Racer factory, I don't know. I've only been inside long enough to get my giant Teddy Bear and leave, but I'll go back soon to figure things out for you. salute.gif
TheAnalogKid2112
Yeah, I understand what you mean. Example: Vault 91. I totally got all of that cause of the holotapes and such. But the factory seems to only have info in the terminals, which are locked.
Massacre
What skill level are the terminals?
§ynch
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ May 7 2009, 07:15 PM) [snapback]1500705[/snapback]
But the factory seems to only have info in the terminals, which are locked.

The skill required for the cell lock isn't that hard.
Use one bobby pin, back off, keep trying then back off.
Never let those things break off in the locks, easier to back off.
The terminals may have been 75 or 100, but I just always
back off after 3 tries and go again.

The Surgeon is a Raider Scientist. He designed small IC Chips and
implanted them in various creature's brains. So far, the best results
he had were with his friend, I forget his name, but he is the glowing one.
The surgeon goes in to detail about the use of the chips on super mutants.
His first experiments ended horribly, and also, the second designs were
flawed as well. I think the ghouls in the lower level of the factory had
version 2 chips in their head which is what the explosion and clicking
sound is. The super mutants were loyal and controllable on version 3,
and one of the highlights of the entries on the terminals is that he
wanted to get a hold of a super mutant behemoth to control.
So, the exploding heads are the chips designed by the Surgeon,
who by the way usually carries a rocket launcher.

The place was a toy factory for the Red Racer tricycles seen
throughout the capitol wastelend. He set up there for some
reason, I think the guy just found a lot of ghouls to work on.

This is all from memory as I loved the place. There is probably
more accurate data on the fallout wiki.

Finally, for no reason, my giant teddy bear returned to normal size.
It was by itself on the bed, and I never mixed it with regular teddy bears.

Massacre
I couldn't put my giant teddy bear on my bed, it would've shrunk after sitting next to the other 62. laugh.gif

Also, earlier I finished making a fort out of almost 100 cartons of cigarettes. That fucker Wadsworth knocked it over...
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(§ynch @ May 7 2009, 06:29 PM) [snapback]1500687[/snapback]
QUOTE(Massacre @ May 7 2009, 10:34 AM) [snapback]1500642[/snapback]

Working for me at the moment.
It runs slow occasionally, ever since Cal started using advertisements.
I've mentioned it to him a number of times.

I registered there, then checked out the ad-saturated forums and left. I won't be back until the ads are gone.
I can't stand ads between posts. If you can't afford to have a website, you just can't.

QUOTE(Massacre @ May 7 2009, 12:48 AM) [snapback]1500562[/snapback]
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ May 6 2009, 08:43 AM) [snapback]1500415[/snapback]
Let us know Massacre.

Getting impatient, are we? This time, I've actually typed up a full fledged review, minus most of the storyline details.

Yeah, sorry. I'm glad you took your time to experience it fully before making a post about it. I'm having Fallout 3 withdrawals from not being at home this week. I'm going to download this, soon as the bank account permits me.

QUOTE(Massacre @ May 7 2009, 10:52 PM) [snapback]1500709[/snapback]
Also, earlier I finished making a fort out of almost 100 cartons of cigarettes. That fucker Wadsworth knocked it over...

I had a pyramid of pre-war money on a table that Wadsworth knocked over. Useless shit.
Darth Sexy
After about 2 months without even playing, I finally bought Operation: Anchorage. It better be good.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Darth Marney @ May 10 2009, 12:27 AM) [snapback]1501065[/snapback]
After about 2 months without even playing, I finally bought Operation: Anchorage. It better be good.

You'll probably be a little disappointed, it's the weakest of the 3 DLC's.
I wish I would have skipped it and just got the Pitt.
DuPz0r
I think it is gay ps3 havent even had a wiff of dlc for fallout 3 yet.. takes the piss. Then they will expect us to buy the game of the year edition near xmas or some annoying time of the year.
bOnEs
QUOTE(DuPz0r™ @ May 10 2009, 02:28 PM) [snapback]1501122[/snapback]
I think it is gay ps3 havent even had a wiff of dlc for fallout 3 yet.. takes the piss. Then they will expect us to buy the game of the year edition near xmas or some annoying time of the year.

totally with you there... i've been venting my frustration for a couple months now... i hope to see a game of the year edition by fall this year for the PS3... otherwise there's no point when new vegas is suppose to be due out next year...
Massacre
There's going to be a disc release for Op:Anch and The Pitt sometime this year, not sure if it will be for PS3, though. Also (they may have been taken down now) the Fallout Wiki said that some online stores are taking preorders for The disc release for Broken Steel and something called "Point Look." Point Lookout State Park is in Maryland, which obviously is in the Capital Wasteland area.

Fallout Wiki
Point Look or Point Lookout is rumored to be the fourth Fallout 3 downloadable content pack. It has not been officially announced by Bethesda Softworks. It will likely take place in Point Lookout, Maryland.

A bundle of Broken Steel and Point Look on DVD is available for preorder in some stores, such as eStarland, MSN Shopping and Bountii.

Bethesda Softworks' Pete Hines has stated that there are no announced plans for additional DLC.[4]. While this is true, it does not actually deny (or confirm) any rumours regarding Point Look.

Might be bullshit, but I'd certainly hope that another DLC is coming.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(Massacre @ May 11 2009, 09:13 AM) [snapback]1501205[/snapback]
not sure if it will be for PS3, though.

A bundle of Broken Steel and Point Look on DVD is available for preorder in some stores, such as eStarland, MSN Shopping and Bountii.

^^^

I discovered/looted Evergreen Mills this morning. HOLY FREAKING HELL!!!!!!!!!!!
That guy, Smiling Jack, is my hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I killed him, and got thousands of rounds, dozens of guns, including 3 missle launchers from his cabinet! I didn't even lose karma! Oh man, I nearly shat my pants when I opened that locker. The only reason I killed him was for the Terrible Shotgun, which I fucking love, but I soon discovered that that was insignifigant compared to the rest of the loot!!!

Also completed Stealing Independence. Luckily I had a good stash of pulse weapons to take care of those bots. I really hate dealing with them. I did kill that Butter dude cause I didn't feel like going all the way to some library for ink. Got my trophy, that's all that matters.
Darth Sexy
I enjoyed Anchorage, mainly because I got to shoot gooks in the face. Didn't feel like much of an RPG, though. Half way through Stealing Independance at the moment...Hopefully I can bone Sydney.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(Darth Marney @ May 11 2009, 10:34 PM) [snapback]1501380[/snapback]
I enjoyed Anchorage, mainly because I got to shoot gooks in the face. Didn't feel like much of an RPG, though. Half way through Stealing Independance at the moment...Hopefully I can bone Sydney.

Lol. Sydney died when I played. I love her gun though biggrin.gif
§ynch
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ May 11 2009, 06:03 PM) [snapback]1501353[/snapback]
I discovered/looted Evergreen Mills this morning. HOLY FREAKING HELL!!!!!!!!!!!
That guy, Smiling Jack, is my hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I killed him, and got thousands of rounds, dozens of guns, including 3 missle launchers from his cabinet! I didn't even lose karma! Oh man, I nearly shat my pants when I opened that locker. The only reason I killed him was for the Terrible Shotgun, which I fucking love, but I soon discovered that that was insignifigant compared to the rest of the loot!!!

I think 7 missile launchers total in the whole complex.
There is so much shit in Evergreen Mills, the bazaar, and in Smiling Jack's area,
it's always like 7 trips back and forth after cleaning everything out. Don't forget
all of the Raider areas (way) above and below the bazaar. Lots and lots of stuff.
My last game I even got to lock a female Raider in a cell and taunt her.

QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ May 11 2009, 06:03 PM) [snapback]1501353[/snapback]
Also completed Stealing Independence. Luckily I had a good stash of pulse weapons to take care of those bots. I really hate dealing with them. I did kill that Butter dude cause I didn't feel like going all the way to some library for ink. Got my trophy, that's all that matters.

Somehow I always find the ink bottle way before even doing that quest.
Just go out the door, walk back in and give it to him.
Speech him into killing himself. Have to keep Sydney waiting outside though.
The explosion will kill her, like everything else.
The other 2 documents, the Magna Carta and Bill of Rights I think it is,
are also sell-able to the old guy at the Rivet City Historical Society.

QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ May 11 2009, 11:10 PM) [snapback]1501383[/snapback]
Sydney died when I played. I love her gun though biggrin.gif

One of the last remaining original glitches still un-fixed.
I still go back to the Ninth Circle and collect a new Ultra SMG from her regularly.
(Speech trick after playing "Little Moonbeam" for her)
Darth Sexy
Yeah, she got splattered by a sentry bot.
Massacre
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ May 11 2009, 09:03 PM) [snapback]1501353[/snapback]

Haven't you done the Wasteland Survival Guide quest? You'd have to go through that library anyway, and there's a decent amount of loot inside.
bOnEs
yea but, the wasteland survival guide takes a long time to complete so, it's very possible to start a quest from rivet city to find the declaration of independence, long before you get to the library thing with moria... i mean, your gonna reach rivet city sooner, rather than later...

but, that whole ink thing is kinda of a tough outcome to get because, you have to pass a speech check... and if you fail it, your stuck with the ink in your inventory, taking up 1 lb. of weight... hell, i think your stuck with the ink, even if you pass the speech check because, button never takes it from your inventory...

i usually kill him because, he's a crazy robot anyways... and because i don't want the ink thing taking up inventory space... BTW, i managed to keep sydney alive on my good file (which is now lost forever) but, i didn't bother helping her in my evil file... i let her die where she fell, looted her, and sprinkled some jet and psycho around her to make her look like an addict laugh.gif...
§ynch
I could have sworn he always takes my ink.
It's easy to speech him into self destruction, and funner to watch.
For some reason the turrets down in the other two vaults are more
aggressive than Button's guardian turrets. Dumb robots.

L0L robots - how do you get RL-3? Neutral karma or something....
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(Massacre @ May 12 2009, 08:55 AM) [snapback]1501446[/snapback]

Haven't you done the Wasteland Survival Guide quest? You'd have to go through that library anyway, and there's a decent amount of loot inside.

Nope, I was overwhelmed by the amount of mirelurks in the memorial back when I was doing that mission, so I put it off and had it in my mind that it was some scary fuckin thing. I went back today and picked off each mirelurk without losing ANY health. I need to give everything a shot first try. Nothing in this game is really hard yet (except for fire ants and Mr. Gutsys for me.)

All I have left in Wasteland Survival Guide is the Arlington Library and the RoboCo factory. I'm finding the library fucking impossible to locate. It seems surrounded by impenetrable rubble.

Not going to go for the robot factory until I rank up again. The reason being I want to get the robot shutdown perk that I thought was worthless when I ranked up very recently. So I gotta play a good while until I rank up again. I think I'll play Those! so I can get an easy 300 xp.

blah, blah, blah.
bOnEs
yea, i'd imagine the fire ants are no problem anymore for you, analog... especially now that you got the terrible shotgun biggrin.gif... of course, your gonna have to get close to em for the gun to effective but, even some well placed sniper shots from a distance can help out in the long run... the shotgun will work great for the metro section of that mission... you might need the sniper or hunting rifle up on the surface...

personally, the terrible shotgun is the best interior weapon in the game... and the blackhawk is the best surface weapon... but, both deteriorate quite rapidly after usage so, it's always good to bring an extra scoped .44 and combat shotgun with you if your planning on using them a lot...

i never saw the benefit of the robotics perk that shuts down robots... of all the enemies in the game, robots (the gutsy and sentry bots) are the best at spotting you IMO... i don't think i've ever gotten close enough to them anyways... especially when you got a ton of pulse grenades...
Massacre
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ May 12 2009, 10:58 PM) [snapback]1501565[/snapback]
QUOTE(Massacre @ May 12 2009, 08:55 AM) [snapback]1501446[/snapback]

Nope, I was overwhelmed by the amount of mirelurks in the memorial back when I was doing that mission, so I put it off and had it in my mind that it was some scary fuckin thing. I went back today and picked off each mirelurk without losing ANY health. I need to give everything a shot first try. Nothing in this game is really hard yet (except for fire ants and Mr. Gutsys for me.)

All I have left in Wasteland Survival Guide is the Arlington Library and the RoboCo factory. I'm finding the library fucking impossible to locate. It seems surrounded by impenetrable rubble.

Not going to go for the robot factory until I rank up again. The reason being I want to get the robot shutdown perk that I thought was worthless when I ranked up very recently. So I gotta play a good while until I rank up again. I think I'll play Those! so I can get an easy 300 xp.

blah, blah, blah.

I had problems with Mister Gutsys on my first playthrough, I think I mentioned it somewhere in here, I was level three, and I was trading with Crow, and when I finished a Mister Gutsy attacked us and killed Crow and his caravan and chased me to Northwest Seneca Station, following me into the abandoned grocery store and killing me. Ever since, whenever I see a Mister Gutsy, I switch to a melee weapon and bludgeon them to death for picking on me at such an early level.

As for the Library, it sounds like you're approaching it from the rear, try approaching it from the Citadel side, just watch your ass because there are usually Super Mutants in the area. Also, for the Robco factory thing, if you have the Robotics Expert perk, you get the option to just tell Moira what she wants to know and you don't even have to go to the factory.
PabloHoneyOle
I've never completed the Wasteland Survival Book.

My first playthrough, I convinced Moira that the book was stupid after getting my dick chopped off by Mirelurks.

On my second playthrough, I killed Moira early on to loot her store before I blew Megaton up.

Maybe one day I'll play again and make an effort to complete that.
§ynch
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ May 12 2009, 07:58 PM) [snapback]1501565[/snapback]
I'm finding the library fucking impossible to locate. It seems surrounded by impenetrable rubble.

Did you follow Dad after Tranquility Lane? He follows a scripted route, that goes directly past the Arlington Library.
There is a freeway where you pass the Nuka plant, and there is a Raider attack.
Further up past busses and cars, the Raiders have a shelter full of stuff and a guy with a Missile Launcher
on top of an enclosure. That is a memorable place. There is a freeway overpass with turrets they control.

In the direction going away from the Nuka plant on the curved section, that freeway goes directly past
the Arlington Library, if you keep following the freeway straight, past the Raiders and there is also a Metro station.
I had already found those Raiders before Dad's run, so I recognized the areas, so it was easy to find the library.

About Robco, I didn't need anything except hacking skills. Once you get to the red room, close the door,
and plant the device. Kill only the robot in the room and hack the terminal to shut down or set the factory
robots to search mode. "Move along please" is all they say, they won't attack.

My biggest problem in this game is that I have to grab everything. Every building, shop, library, I grab it all.
The thing about Arlington Library on my first game was that it locked the game up. Second game no problems.
This time around it appears that I have tapped out the Scribe. I have 15 or so left over pre-war books that
she won't take. I guess I must have made $10K off her taking tons of those books to the library. She won't take any more.

Wasteland Survival Guide is one of the best quests in the game in my opinion. Always do it early as possible.

TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(§ynch @ May 13 2009, 03:04 PM) [snapback]1501743[/snapback]
Did you follow Dad after Tranquility Lane?

I've discovered it's vault (92 I think?) underneath Smith Casey's Garage in this playthrough, but I remember it from my first playthrough and don't want to play that one yet. So basically I'm saying I haven't played Tranquility Lane yet.
Wasteland Survival Guide is one of the best quests in the game in my opinion. Always do it early as possible.

It sure is. I enjoy it a lot. It's just a pain in the ass sometimes.q
§ynch
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ May 13 2009, 09:59 PM) [snapback]1501769[/snapback]
Did you follow Dad after Tranquility Lane?

I've discovered it's vault (92 I think?) underneath Smith Casey's Garage in this playthrough, but I remember it from my first playthrough and don't want to play that one yet. So basically I'm saying I haven't played Tranquility Lane yet.

With a lack of a better description how to help you get to the library,
is why I mentioned it. He runs the path on that freeway, from Nuka
plant to downtown and around, and past the library on the way to
Rivet City. No rubble, it's a huge open area.

When you get there, across the street is a nice trap-filled Raider
camp in a building upstairs. There is also a hotel full of fun, and I always
find a wastelander drug dealer type outside. All right there by the library.
bOnEs
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ May 14 2009, 12:59 AM) [snapback]1501769[/snapback]

i have to disagree right there... "you gotta shoot em in the head" is the best quest biggrin.gif...

alrington library - you can also head across that bridge next to the jefferson memorial... then head southwest once your across it...
§ynch
QUOTE(bOnEs @ May 14 2009, 09:59 AM) [snapback]1501848[/snapback]
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ May 14 2009, 12:59 AM) [snapback]1501769[/snapback]

i have to disagree right there... "you gotta shoot em in the head" is the best quest biggrin.gif...

I didn't say it was the best, I said it was one of the best.

As far as Shoot em in the head, WAY too many hidden "gotchas".
Too much possibility for error depending on karma.
The only thing I like about that quest is the T-51b armor.
bOnEs
playing that mission out as a good guy is really hard to do since, you HAVE to kill tenpenny (you could get the ghouls to do it too i guess but, you'd have to convince everyone to let them move in because the other route is evil) but, the rest of them you can get the key with a speech check... there's no karma problems with that quest if you can pass the speech checks with each of the 3 holding keys... if you can't, you might have to do some evil deeds... and that does make it tough on a good character... plus, some of the speech checks have you acting mean and tough when in reality, your trying to be diplomatic...

but, aside from the armor, i just like the dialog and the characters involved... the wasteland survival guide was a fun quest to play out too... maybe not a top 3 for me but, a top 5 for sure... it's just that quest is awfully hard to play out when your evil... because, you wanna lie to her but, she never accepts your lies laugh.gif... and you wanna tell to fuck off but, you can't... the only chance you get is early on to tell her that the book idea sucks with a very very good speech skill... but, then you miss out on all the goodies she gives you throughout the quest like the food sanitizer, bottlecap mine schematics, shady hat, and the mini-nuke...
§ynch
QUOTE(bOnEs @ May 14 2009, 12:33 PM) [snapback]1501880[/snapback]
playing that mission out as a good guy is really hard to do since, you HAVE to kill tenpenny (you could get the ghouls to do it too i guess but, you'd have to convince everyone to let them move in because the other route is evil) but, the rest of them you can get the key with a speech check... there's no karma problems with that quest if you can pass the speech checks with each of the 3 holding keys... if you can't, you might have to do some evil deeds... and that does make it tough on a good character... plus, some of the speech checks have you acting mean and tough when in reality, your trying to be diplomatic...

Not true. Killing Tenpenny gives you good karma. However, you must have previously arranged
the deal between him and Roy, depending on what you want. If you tell Millicent about the love
letter, that takes care of 3/4 required convincing residents. If you play Roy correctly (as good)
the back door of the private suite will be open and another place to crash. Letting the ghouls in
is also a good karma measure. THEN kill Tenpenny before the ghouls do, that part is the trick.
The dude in Rivet City is the only one who has an easy speech check on good karma game.
Dukov and Dave do not, even with a high speech skill. The Fallout Wiki can say whatever it wants.
I've re-loaded game on them enough times to know. The only valuable thing is their keys and Dave's rifle.
I've never successfully thrown the vote resulting in the Republic of Rosie, but I have rescued Cherry.

QUOTE(bOnEs @ May 14 2009, 12:33 PM) [snapback]1501880[/snapback]
the wasteland survival guide was a fun quest to play out too... maybe not a top 3 for me but, a top 5 for sure... it's just that quest is awfully hard to play out when your evil... because, you wanna lie to her but, she never accepts your lies

Each game I've made her cry easily, then re-loaded to continue the quest.
She never buys your lies regardless of high speech skill, or karma.
All of the rewards are easily findable elsewhere except the sanitizer.
The quest is an easy way to level up like 10 or more times quickly in the process of the experience.
Plus thorough exploration of all of the sites she sends you to yields like 50 skill books read.
The down-side is that you can't kill the Mirelurks while the quest is active,
and you really want to exploit the memorial for everything in there, it's a gold mine.
I usually don't get the secret stuff like the hidden fridge compartment until after the quest.
The history of Rivet City inter-acting with the Replicated Man is a great highlight for me.
bOnEs
moria's got some other unique items like i mentioned except for the mini-nuke... the shady hat is great for sneaky characters who don't wanna wear the fugly recon armor... and for us PS3'rs without op:anchorage...

but, i agree that the "shoot em in the head" quest is tough to do as a good character... but it's possible... i mean, i've passed the speech checks with all the characters involved... ted strayer basically gives the key away... and if your strength is 6+ you can bully him for it too...

you can pay dukov for his key...

you can piss off dave through speech but then again, that's sort of evil... this guy is the hardest one to get the key from diplomatically... because, he doesn't give it up for anything... you HAVE to pass a speech check to get it... or rig the election, which is also evil... but, if you can convince him that your an ambassador then, that's the best "good" karma route... otherwise, he's the only one that can get in your way to doing this mission the "good" route...

plus, if you really wanna do it the good way, you'd sell crowley the keys and never get the armor... so yea...

EDIT: actually with tenpenny he offers to you to kill him back for more money, and giving you the opportunity to get the keys back... but then again, that's an evil route laugh.gif...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.