Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fallout Series
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(The Mekstizzle @ Mar 25 2009, 08:21 AM) [snapback]1492111[/snapback]
I'm gonna start a new game. This time I'm gonna set myself out to be a girl, a sneaky thieving stealthy bitch.

That's my next playthrough as well. Mine's also going to be murderous and whorish.
§ynch
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Mar 25 2009, 06:26 AM) [snapback]1492118[/snapback]
I'm gonna start a new game. This time I'm gonna set myself out to be a girl, a sneaky thieving stealthy bitch.

That's my next playthrough as well. Mine's also going to be murderous and whorish.

Black Widow perk has its values....
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(§ynch @ Mar 25 2009, 10:23 AM) [snapback]1492128[/snapback]
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Mar 25 2009, 06:26 AM) [snapback]1492118[/snapback]

Black Widow perk has its values....

I'll definitely pick up that perk this time around. I'm going for new conversations/experiences. I'm not really going to focus on combat as much this playthrough, just murderous stealth destruction with small arms and a sharp tongue.
bOnEs
i gots all 50 trophies biggrin.gif...

i'm playing my game ruthless, and non-stealthy, unlike my previous 2 playthroughs... my guy is not afraid of encounters, i've already taken on hoards of super mutants and i am only level 6, lol... gone through a lot of ammo but, taking on super mutants that early in my leveling sure adds a challenge... i'm planning on going to vault 92 here very very soon, just to make things even harder on myself...

plus, i am not even wearing any type of armor really... the combat helmet is it, on occasions, otherwise its the sheriff's hat again... and i wear wasteland doctor fatigues... i'll take a photo of my guy one of these days... i named him "omega" because i thought that would be something that my stupid parents would choose for me laugh.gif...
Massacre
QUOTE(§ynch @ Mar 25 2009, 02:17 AM) [snapback]1492103[/snapback]
QUOTE(Massacre @ Mar 24 2009, 09:45 PM) [snapback]1492089[/snapback]
Yeah, but how long have you had the game?

Awhile, since at least December.

44 of those are old, just got the
last 4 from the DLC recently.

I've had it for a month and three days.

I kind of regret being at level 20. I'm not playing again until The Pitt comes out and the level cap is raised to 30, otherwise it's wasted exp.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Massacre @ Mar 25 2009, 12:19 PM) [snapback]1492141[/snapback]
QUOTE(§ynch @ Mar 25 2009, 02:17 AM) [snapback]1492103[/snapback]
QUOTE(Massacre @ Mar 24 2009, 09:45 PM) [snapback]1492089[/snapback]
Yeah, but how long have you had the game?

Awhile, since at least December.

44 of those are old, just got the
last 4 from the DLC recently.

I've had it for a month and three days.

I kind of regret being at level 20. I'm not playing again until The Pitt comes out and the level cap is raised to 30, otherwise it's wasted exp.

Broken Steel (the third DLC) raises the cap to 30.

The Pitt is available on the Marketplace right now. I read a decent review, might get it now that I'm planning my second playthrough. I have 800 MS points just waiting for either the Halo 3 Mythic Maps, or the Pitt.
Massacre
Oh, right, I forgot, The Pitt only modifies the game so you can continue after the main quest... Shit, I wish I'd known that four hours ago. That kinda sucks, I've done enough killing and questing after level 20 to hit level 23 by now...
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Massacre @ Mar 25 2009, 03:30 PM) [snapback]1492160[/snapback]
Oh, right, I forgot, The Pitt only modifies the game so you can continue after the main quest... Shit, I wish I'd known that four hours ago. That kinda sucks, I've done enough killing and questing after level 20 to hit level 23 by now...

I should be a Level 40something.

When I start anew, I'll go at a slow enough pace leveling up so that I don't hit Level 20 before the (hopeful) late April release. My original character will also get a reboot. I'm going to try and push through Operation before deciding on downloading the Pitt. Collecting 100 pieces of steel doesn't sound too appealing either, I still have pigeons to kill in GTA and flags to collect from Assassin's Creed.

I'll wait... a little longer...
Massacre
For those of you who do download The Pitt, let me know when you find the source of the signal, I don't have a clue where it is...
bOnEs
explore the northern parts of the map... i'm assuming that since it's pittsburgh, it's gonna be north of DC... i don't know though, i'm just logically guessing biggrin.gif... maybe try up near raven rock... ??

i went through the jury street metros for the first time yesterday, and found that crazy scientist biggrin.gif... i've noticed that i've been entering quite a few places i've never been to on this file... i know there was still about 15-20% of the map i didn't scavenge through on my serious files so, this is kinda adding a fresh approach to the game...

now if only i could get those damn DLC's, then i'd have even more of a fresh approach...
PabloHoneyOle
I read somewhere the signal location is in the north, supposedly it's just a man beaming the signal...

Anyhow, I have a question that's not DLC related...
I've been trying to get to Arlington National Cemetery and the Arlington House to get one of the last bobbleheads I need. How the fuck do I get there?
§ynch
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Mar 26 2009, 12:09 PM) [snapback]1492469[/snapback]
I read somewhere the signal location is in the north, supposedly it's just a man beaming the signal...

Anyhow, I have a question that's not DLC related...
I've been trying to get to Arlington National Cemetery and the Arlington House to get one of the last bobbleheads I need. How the fuck do I get there?

There is a metro bro.
However it is just over the walls of debris from Willhelm's Wharf, kind of.

Remember "Those!" - Marigold Station? That will go there...

That ends up at Falls Church, where the BoS wants you to
rescue an initiate for 100caps. The other Falls Church goes near
Arlington National Cemetery, and the Arlington House.

Arlington/Falls Church Metro and to the North there is Arlington/Wasteland Metro and Arlington Utility.

Don't forget to explore the Mama Dolce's Food Factory near there.
Lots of interesting crap including a shitload of Chinese Remnant Soldiers.
bOnEs
look for the flooded metro, stoic... it's near wilhem's warf and super-duper mart... just follow the road in front of the super-duper mart... obviouslly following it to the south around the bend, towards the river, not north laugh.gif... eventually, you'll come across it...
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(Massacre @ Mar 25 2009, 09:44 PM) [snapback]1492291[/snapback]
I'm gay 'cause I have an Xbox and am able to get Fallout 3 DLC.

Massacre
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Mar 26 2009, 06:59 PM) [snapback]1492510[/snapback]
I'm gay 'cause I have a PS3 and am unable to get Fallout 3 DLC.

bOnEs
you guys want a challenge?! go to fort bannister at level 6... i gain two levels, damn near ran out of stimpaks, and had to make 5 trips there and back just to loot the damn place laugh.gif... commander jabsco and about 10 of his men all surrounded me with their combat shotguns, missile launchers, combat knives, laser pistols, and assault rifles... it took me about a minute to make work of all of them in the little hallway we were all crammed into... my merc grunt outfit was almost ruined, and i almost died on 3 occasions because i had a hard time keeping up with using my stimpaks... not to mention the 30+ other talon mercs i had to deal with in that place too...

that's the toughest challenge i've had in fallout 3 thus far... it was epic and tough as nails...
Massacre
Holy shit, guys, I found this on ebay:

Here's the page, it's only $122.50 at the moment. I'm tempted to buy it...
bOnEs
holy shit, that thing is fucking HUGE!!! i'd settle for one a couple feet tall but that bad boy is 7 feet tall!!

pretty cool though, i wonder who made it...
§ynch
QUOTE(Massacre @ Mar 28 2009, 03:22 PM) [snapback]1492768[/snapback]
Holy shit, guys, I found this on ebay:

Here's the page, it's only $122.50 at the moment. I'm tempted to buy it...

That is SO totally cool.
Great find. cool.gif
Massacre
I'm wondering if it would be blasphemous to buy it and repaint it in Outcast colors.

I'd like to pull it apart and make real armor out of it. I would honestly wear it everywhere. You'd see me pulling up to the Hardee's drive thru in my Caddy, wearing Brotherhood Outcast power armor. thumbup.gif

On a side note, I finally got the achievement for killing all five behemoths. The one in Takoma Industrial was kind of pathetic honestly, I think on my next playthrough I'll skip using the switch that fires the missiles...
PabloHoneyOle
Massacre, have you gotten the Pitt DLC yet? What's the fucking deal?
§ynch
QUOTE(Massacre @ Mar 29 2009, 07:35 PM) [snapback]1492894[/snapback]
I'm wondering if it would be blasphemous to buy it and repaint it in Outcast colors.

I'd like to pull it apart and make real armor out of it. I would honestly wear it everywhere. You'd see me pulling up to the Hardee's drive thru in my Caddy, wearing Brotherhood Outcast power armor. thumbup.gif

On a side note, I finally got the achievement for killing all five behemoths. The one in Takoma Industrial was kind of pathetic honestly, I think on my next playthrough I'll skip using the switch that fires the missiles...

That is so funny about the Hardee's in your BoS armor. XD.png

Congratulations of the 5 Behemoth achievement.
DUDE you got him with the missiles? What a trip. Great job then.
I always target him before I get to the truck, or the missiles
never even go near him. They're all pretty pathetic except Jury St. Metro.
Easy ways to get all of them, it's the teddy bear guy you have to be aware of.

I'm waiting awhile before d/l-ing The Pitt.
Still may be updates ahead, there's already been one fix so far.

Plus am in the middle of TLAD right now.

...driving a Caddy wearing BoS armor..... roll2.gif
PabloHoneyOle
I'm waiting on the Pitt too. I figure at some point I will download it, probably right before the last DLC. I'm trying to get all of the achievements for this game, so I'll need to get the DLC.
Massacre
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Mar 30 2009, 09:06 AM) [snapback]1492942[/snapback]
Massacre, have you gotten the Pitt DLC yet? What's the fucking deal?

QUOTE(§ynch @ Mar 30 2009, 11:04 AM) [snapback]1492957[/snapback]
That is so funny about the Hardee's in your BoS armor. XD.png

Congratulations of the 5 Behemoth achievement.
DUDE you got him with the missiles? What a trip. Great job then.
I always target him before I get to the truck, or the missiles
never even go near him. They're all pretty pathetic except Jury St. Metro.
Easy ways to get all of them, it's the teddy bear guy you have to be aware of.

I'm waiting awhile before d/l-ing The Pitt.
Still may be updates ahead, there's already been one fix so far.

Plus am in the middle of TLAD right now.

...driving a Caddy wearing BoS armor..... roll2.gif

It's not bad, a little short, but the new quests combined with the added armor and weapons makes it just worth the 800 points. Collecting the ingots from the steelyard is going to take a while, and there's plenty of weapons and armor to be won from that. I love the Infiltrator, it's the perfect gun for my stealth character. Actually, I only took out a little of the Takoma Behemoth's health because he was slightly out of the explosion area, and I used the Infiltrator to finish him off. Badass. It wears down fast, though, but I've horded enough assault rifles in my travels to keep it in good condition.

Synch, the Jury Street Metro behemoth was the only one I hadn't read about prior to finding it. That was not fun to find accidentally...

Also, the only quest I have left (besides Take it Back) is The Nuka Cola Challenge, which I'm thinking isn't worth losing 30 quantums over when I already have the Nuka Grenade schematics.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Massacre @ Mar 30 2009, 12:13 PM) [snapback]1492974[/snapback]
Also, the only quest I have left (besides Take it Back) is The Nuka Cola Challenge, which I'm thinking isn't worth losing 30 quantums over when I already have the Nuka Grenade schematics.

Unless you want the achievement.
Massacre
I guess so. Those quantums are just sitting in my fridge in Megaton anyway...
§ynch
QUOTE(Massacre @ Mar 30 2009, 09:38 AM) [snapback]1492985[/snapback]
Those quantums are just sitting in my fridge in Megaton anyway...
Megaton? I thought everyone here except me was evil and blew Megaton up real good.

Never using them, I went ahead with the Challenge, got it out of the way.
Found and saved the rest up to where now I'm just around 60, and there's around 90+/- in the game.

PabloHoneyOle
Yeah, I have already found another 30 Nuka-Cola Quantums.

The only Nuka-Grenade I made was for the achievement. I used it and wasn't all that impressed.
Massacre
QUOTE(§ynch @ Mar 30 2009, 02:44 PM) [snapback]1493019[/snapback]
QUOTE(Massacre @ Mar 30 2009, 09:38 AM) [snapback]1492985[/snapback]
Those quantums are just sitting in my fridge in Megaton anyway...
Megaton? I thought everyone here except me was evil and blew Megaton up real good.

Never using them, I went ahead with the Challenge, got it out of the way.
Found and saved the rest up to where now I'm just around 60, and there's around 90+/- in the game.

I disarmed the bomb because at the time, I didn't know I got anything for detonationg it. It worked out okay, Megaton suits my needs better than Tenpenny Tower.
PabloHoneyOle
I didn't detonate the bomb either... yet. Working on my 2nd playthrough. I'm going to get the Bobblehead from Megaton and blow that place the fuck up.
§ynch
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Mar 30 2009, 01:11 PM) [snapback]1493045[/snapback]
I'm going to get the Bobblehead from Megaton and blow that place the fuck up.

laugh.gif

I still have the part from Burke
but it's not usable after disarming the bomb.

Wish that thing was usable in the bomb room
where there are like 24 all stacked up.

bOnEs
i'm sadistically evil and i didn't blow up megaton on my current file... instead, i blew up mr. burke's face laugh.gif... plus, my character is a scavanger/trader and blowing up megaton wouldn't be good for business..

on the nuka-cola quantum challenge... couldn't you just save before you give her the bottles, then complete the quest, unlock your achievement/trophy, then load the previous save and get all your bottles back? unless of course you want the nuka-grenade schematic biggrin.gif...
§ynch
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Mar 31 2009, 08:29 AM) [snapback]1493165[/snapback]
couldn't you just save before you give her the bottles, then complete the quest,

unlock your achievement/trophy,

then load the previous save and get all your bottles back?

Isn't that how you got all of the level-based good/neutral/evil achievements?

Re-loading a previous save, dying, etc...you always will keep any achievements, once unlocked.

PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(§ynch @ Mar 31 2009, 06:41 PM) [snapback]1493276[/snapback]
couldn't you just save before you give her the bottles, then complete the quest,

Re-loading a previous save, dying, etc...you always will keep any achievements, once unlocked.

I didn't do that the first playthrough, but that's what I'll be doing on my 2nd to get the remaining 6 achievements. Got to Level 4 last night. Experiencing game freezing glitches on this playthrough; never happened on my first one.
bOnEs
QUOTE(§ynch @ Mar 31 2009, 05:41 PM) [snapback]1493276[/snapback]

yea, that's what i did... i just figured if the quantum bottles were that important to massacre then, he could finish the quest that way... but, there's no real benefit to the quantums except for making nuka-grenades... so, i don't see why you wouldn't finish that quest the proper way... then, you'd have 3 schematics for the grenades, which means one quantum is good for making 3 nuka-granades...

they're pretty awesome grenades to use when the enemies outnumber you.... assuming a few of them are bunched together... i once took out 3 raiders with one once biggrin.gif... but, i'd imagine a regular grenade might of done the same... maybe...
§ynch
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Apr 1 2009, 07:43 AM) [snapback]1493409[/snapback]
QUOTE(§ynch @ Mar 31 2009, 05:41 PM) [snapback]1493276[/snapback]

yea, that's what i did... i just figured if the quantum bottles were that important to massacre then, he could finish the quest that way... but, there's no real benefit to the quantums except for making nuka-grenades... so, i don't see why you wouldn't finish that quest the proper way... then, you'd have 3 schematics for the grenades, which means one quantum is good for making 3 nuka-granades...

they're pretty awesome grenades to use when the enemies outnumber you.... assuming a few of them are bunched together... i once took out 3 raiders with one once biggrin.gif... but, i'd imagine a regular grenade might of done the same... maybe...

Yeh one frag grenade has taken out at least 4 Raiders for me.
Timed right, depending on what they're doing. I don't have the
Little League perk but am good at sneaking up on groups.

bOnEs
once you get that silent running perk, anyone can be good at sneaking biggrin.gif...
DuPz0r
For those of you that got fallout 3 on PC, this is an awsome mod i came across. It makes me want the PC version!

Basicly some guy has turned the wasteland into a lush green oblivion style map.

Pics:

Doesn't that look sweet!

Here is the link:
http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2456
bOnEs
yea, i saw that mod a couple weeks ago... i thought it sounded and looked badass too!! once i get my new PC (probably next year) i am definitely buying the PC version of this game so i can play all the expansions and so i can mod the hell out of it biggrin.gif...

man, this game is just itching to be played again... i am starting to get the fallout bug again since i am nearing the end of godfather II... i wonder what type of character i make this time around laugh.gif...
Massacre
I just got F3 for PC yesterday, after I bought my badass new computer. I haven't downloaded any mods yet, though. I'm still pissed that the expansions still cost MS points even after I've bought them for 360. It's all Microsoft, so what does it matter whether it's 360 or PC?
TheAnalogKid2112
Well, my love for this game has been reborn. I love everything about it! I especially love the feeling when you're exploring, and you come across a fucking jackpot of items. For example, Grandma Sparkles' 3 hunting rifles, or in Hubrics Comics Utility Tunnels, where I found a skeleton with an assault rifle, 14 caps, 5 rounds of assault rifle ammo, and something called a "Stealth Boy."

Now, my question is: What the fuck is a Stealth Boy???? My Pip-Boy says EFFECTS: Sneak +100, Stealth Field +75. Well there's my answer, but here's the real question: Are the effects permanent, or just temporary, like for a good fight? *crosses fingers for permanent
Massacre
Have you ever used stealth at all in this game? If you have, then you know that if you crouch when in the dark or if no one's facing you or whatever, you go into stealth mode, but if someone sees you, you're not hidden any more. With the stealth boy, a stealth field forms around you that makes you invisible (for 30 minutes, I think?) as long as you're crouched.
§ynch
QUOTE(Massacre @ Apr 18 2009, 01:01 PM) [snapback]1496870[/snapback]
Have you ever used stealth at all in this game? If you have, then you know that if you crouch when in the dark or if no one's facing you or whatever, you go into stealth mode, but if someone sees you, you're not hidden any more. With the stealth boy, a stealth field forms around you that makes you invisible (for 30 minutes, I think?) as long as you're crouched.

I think I had like 50 Stealth Boys just sitting in the fridge,
when I got the Chinese Stealth Armor from Anchorage.

Now my Stealth Boys are just snacks and party favors. laugh.gif
Massacre
I was the same way with my stealth boys. The stealth armor was a godsend.
TheAnalogKid2112
lol. Nice. I might just sell it if they're that common.
Massacre
There are a lot of them in the game, but you don't see them that often because they're usually inside of a safe or other locked container, or somewhere else a lot of people wouldn't ransack as well as I usually do.

If there's a certain enemy you have trouble with or you're just scared shitless of (like I was on my first visit to Vault 92, fucking Mirelurks) use it then, especially if you have a silenced 10mm. Oh, and I suggest either walking slowly or taking the Silent Running perk, because even with a Stealth Boy enemies can still find you if you're making too much noise.
TheAnalogKid2112
I see what you mean! I just did the Minefield quest for the survival guide, and found like 2 or 3 more. Sheesh. It's amazing how many new items/weapons I've discover so early by doing different quests. For example, I chose alll different quests than my first playthrough, and I've gotten around 20 hunting rifles, a minigun, a scoped .44 magnum, and a sniper rifle on the first few missions.
Massacre
If you plan to use stealth boys more often, get the robotics experts perk (not sure what level) and go to the National Guard Depot. Sneak around and shut all the robots down, then collect the tons of loot in the area, there's about a dozen assault rifles and tons of ammo. Or, if you're low-level, the Sentry Bots won't spawn and you can just lay waste to the place without stealth boys, because the Protectrons are weak and the Mister Gutsys aren't too bad.
Pieface
Might have to get this again when I finish my new PC. Enjoyed it, but like Oblivion the enviroment was all the same and got boring quickly.
bOnEs
QUOTE(Massacre @ Apr 18 2009, 03:01 PM) [snapback]1496870[/snapback]

lol, stealth boys don't last for 30 minutes... maybe only a couple minutes... and if you have that chem perk that doubles the effects duration (i always get that one, i'm a chem junkie biggrin.gif) it'll prolong the effect...

and the best method for sentry bots is using a pulse grenade... only one or two of them are needed to destroy one... and here i was all these playthroughs and it took the 4th one (serious and non-serious plays) to discover that the pulse grenades destroy robots... lol, i never knew what the point of the pulse grenades were... i thought they were the chinese pistols of the explosives... pointless and useless laugh.gif...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.