Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fallout Series
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
bOnEs
funny, i collect pre-war money, mutilated skulls, and beer laugh.gif...

tin cans are littered around the outside of my tenpenny suite... both inside and outside... i should take some screens of my tenpenny suite... i spent probably 2-3 hours of my game file decorating the interior...
PabloHoneyOle
I also have quite the stack of pre-war money; a fridge of Nuka Cola Quantums and the Abe Lincoln Action Figure.
Massacre
There's an Abe Lincoln action figure?

So, I'm looking for ammo for my alien blaster, and the Fallout wiki says there's an overturned truck in a crater west of Jury Street Metro Station. What it fails to mention is that there are a dozen craters west of the area, and I can't find this fucking truck.
bOnEs
yea, action abe sits on top of a chessboard, next to my medical supplies in my tenpenny suite... i think i need to go back to the history museum because, i didn't get the lincoln coin box... it's the only lincoln artifact i missed...

good luck with the alien blaster ammo... i recall finding that truck but, i couldn't possibly tell you where it was... just perch yourself up as high as you can get, i'm thinking somewhere by the radio tower, and use your sniper rifle to scope out the area for a vehicle off in the distance... i'd do this during the daytime since at night, it's hard to make anything out since everything has the same shade of color at night... at least during the day, colors are a little more vibrant, and i am guessing this overturned truck is a reddish-orangish color... but, once you discover the location, wait until nighttime to search for the power cells because, they glow in the dark and make it easier to find...

from the fallout wikia site:
96 (8 magazines of 12 rounds) can be found under an overturned truck in a radioactive crater west of Jury Street Metro Station (halfway to Fort Bannister, and south of VAPL-58 Power Station).
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Massacre @ Mar 10 2009, 01:46 PM) [snapback]1489486[/snapback]
There's an Abe Lincoln action figure?

So, I'm looking for ammo for my alien blaster, and the Fallout wiki says there's an overturned truck in a crater west of Jury Street Metro Station. What it fails to mention is that there are a dozen craters west of the area, and I can't find this fucking truck.

You need Dogmeat to sniff it out OR apparently it glows at night.

I'm very conservative with that gun. Only use incase of impending doom.
Massacre
I found the truck. I fell into the giant crater rushing to pick up the remains of a robobrain/yao guai fight. I'm on my way to the hidden bunker near the radio tower now.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Massacre @ Mar 10 2009, 02:11 PM) [snapback]1489497[/snapback]
I found the truck. I fell into the giant crater rushing to pick up the remains of a robobrain/yao guai fight. I'm on my way to the hidden bunker near the radio tower now.

Whereabouts were you in relation to anything else on the map?
bOnEs
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Mar 10 2009, 01:55 PM) [snapback]1489492[/snapback]
I'm very conservative with that gun. Only use incase of impending doom.

i don't even use it anymore... it sits on a shelf in my house, next to some glowing ammo, right next to the kneecapper biggrin.gif... i have all of the unique weapons i don't use scattered about my house on display...
§ynch
QUOTE(Massacre @ Mar 10 2009, 10:11 AM) [snapback]1489497[/snapback]
I found the truck. I fell into the giant crater rushing to pick up the remains of a robobrain/yao guai fight.
I'm on my way to the hidden bunker near the radio tower now.

The crater is the largest of 3, and is slightly irradiated, pretty easy to find.
Just go a bit north east of Jury Street Metro. The building wreckage is what
stands out for me anyway. Fort Bannister is not too far from there. I can
always see the building wreckage when I go to Jury Metro for the Mole
Rat Wonder Meat.

Most of all the radio transmission sites have hidden bunkers that you
enter via a "cistern". If you can turn on a switch, and tune in to a radio
frequency, there is a hidden area near there, with some stash. Some
are better than others, of course the one by Greener Pastures has the
Bobblehead. WKML, I think it is.

L0L at the Jury Metro Teddy, it's 2 shots with the Fat Man, adios.
If you take the giant teddy from Red Racer, and mix it with your
regular teddy bears, it will reduce back to normal size. I pretty
much stopped collecting for decoration purposes my 2nd game.
Still piling up Quantums though, only a few more to go at 50+
and then there aren't anymore, after the Nuka Challenge.

Also I had originally thought because of the Lovecraftian story
behind Jaime's dad at Dunwich that there was only 1 pre-war
book that shows a value of (5) compared to the others at (1)
the thought being that one was the Necronomicon. However
now I have 3 of them with that value of (5)...makes no difference
to the scribe though, still 100 caps per book. Another interesting
thing like the 5-6 Abe artifacts that you can sell to Hannibal, if
you dug everything out of the National Archives, you can sell
the Magna Carta and Bill of Rights to Abraham Washington at
the Rivet City Preservation Society. Barter/Speech him for more $.
PabloHoneyOle
I sold all of my Abraham Lincoln artifacts except for the action figure and Lincoln's Repeater (which is my favorite weapon in the game by far).
bOnEs
lol, the repeater is sitting on a shelf in my house too... lol, seems like everything is on the shelves laugh.gif...

i didn't sell any of the artifacts at all... i am more happy with the items rather than the pitiful caps offer i get from the guys that purchase these items... 100 caps for the magna carta?!?! come on... plus, lincoln's hat is one of the coolest clothing items in the game...

i did sell the bill of rights to abraham washington though because, i couldn't remove it from my inventory... it got labeled as a quest item, even though there is no quest linked to it... the magna carta sits on my picnic table biggrin.gif...
TwoFacedTanner
Learned that lazer weapons in the beginning is a bad skill to have.

Damn.
bOnEs
i put stock in energy weapon skills early on in my second file but, didn't use any laser weapons until i got the protectron from the mechanist... i knew i'd be getting into those bad boys later on in my adventures... i personally like using the energy weapons but, they are far from the best weapons in the game... harkness' plasma rifle is pretty badass but, that's about it... and vengeance is technically an energy weapon but, it's listed a big gun... i can see the arguments for both sides on that one...

but they aren't the best weapons to use early on because, other than the stockpile of ammo at super duper mart, you really don't run into any ammo for them that early in the game... but, it's still good to put stock in those skills, not necessary but, useful...

i think the big guns skill is worthless... considering the damage some of those weapons can deliver, improving the skill doesn't really improve the damage THAT much... plus, if your skill is at 25, it's still gonna take a couple of mini-nukes to take down a behemoth, even if your skill is 100...
Massacre
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Mar 10 2009, 01:27 PM) [snapback]1489503[/snapback]
QUOTE(Massacre @ Mar 10 2009, 02:11 PM) [snapback]1489497[/snapback]

Whereabouts were you in relation to anything else on the map?

Somewhere in the big clump of bombed-out buildings, I forget the exact location, but it's west of the Jury Street Behemoth spawn. It's a huge crater (way bigger than the others) with a deep trail leading to it.

What perks did all of you pick? These are the ones I have:
Animal Friend
Ant Might
Child at Heart (has come in handy more times than I thought it would)
Educated
Gun Nut (Rank 2)
Intense Training
Junior Survivor
Power Armor Training (thank you, DLC)
Rad Regeneration
Silent Running (I am a stealth GOD)
Strong Back (and a looting god)
Swift Learner (Rank 2)
Toughness
I'm not sure whether to take Cannibal or Sniper for level 13. Beyond that, I'm going with Cyborg for 14, whichever perk I didn't take at 13 for level 15, Action Boy, and maybe Tag! (for Barter, so I can save caps when I'm stockpiling supplies). After that, I'm not sure what to take. Besides Grim Reaper's Sprint, the 16+ perks kind of suck.
§ynch
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Mar 10 2009, 11:32 AM) [snapback]1489509[/snapback]
I sold all of my Abraham Lincoln artifacts except for the action figure and Lincoln's Repeater (which is my favorite weapon in the game by far).

I sold them all except the Repeater, that thing kicks major ass.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(§ynch @ Mar 11 2009, 05:56 AM) [snapback]1489614[/snapback]

The clinking sound it makes in VATS is epic. The bullet time is fantastic as well; especially the critical hits.
§ynch
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Mar 11 2009, 05:02 AM) [snapback]1489618[/snapback]
QUOTE(§ynch @ Mar 11 2009, 05:56 AM) [snapback]1489614[/snapback]

The clinking sound it makes in VATS is epic. The bullet time is fantastic as well; especially the critical hits.
Fast bullet time and auto load.
I always carry it whether using it or not, ammo never a problem,
and it doesn't seem to take much damage either.
One of the few weapons that slap a Mirelurk in the face and takes them down fast.

I just employed Dogmeat and took him to the Anchorage Memorial to try and find
the Firelance and ammo from the alien encounter that happened there.
He just runs up against the statue and stares. So I guess the crash was directly
on top of the statue. Another chapter closed.

Funny thing about the Anchorage DLC, in between missions there is a reporter
on site, and as you come out of your tent, he is having 4 of the guys pose for a shot.
I always try and run behind them and get in the picture, then afterwards go to the
Memorial statue to see if it changed, the statue is based on that photograph.
PabloHoneyOle
The Pitt DLC Trailer:

[youtube]MIPdH2YiI9E[/youtube]
Massacre
That trailer has a definite I am Legend vibe to it.
bOnEs
fuck bethesda... i am very very pissed off that they didn't even release any of these DLC's on the PS3...
PabloHoneyOle
TwoFacedTanner
The way PS3 is getting the shaft with the DLC, its almost like people made a mistake getting the PS3.

Whats more powerful a machine? PS3 I guess.
Who get dat DLC? 360

Its almost like a mistake. Just like that time you didn't get that abortion.

I don't know if I'm gonna get the DLC, I'm still kinda pissed at the game for the ending.
And I don't know, but I feel I'm gonna have to start a new game to play the DLC. And that is annoying.
My last save is when Vin D...I mean Liberty Prime was at the Jefferson Memorial. And I really like that character I have. First time I've ever played a game where I still have the first character I ever made. I grew attached to my little vault dweller.
bOnEs
naw, it wasn't a mistake getting the PS3... it was a mistake by the companies that made the games, ignoring half their fanbase..
§ynch
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Mar 16 2009, 11:11 AM) [snapback]1490494[/snapback]
The Pitt DLC Trailer:

Awesome, can't wait.
Love that gun already.
bOnEs
yea, the pitt looks pretty fun, probably the most fun of any of the expansions...
Massacre
Has anyone read the Penny Arcade Fallout 3 webcomic? Penny Arcade is a great comic as it is, but the Fallout comics are hilarious.

The uniform from the Vault in the comic is in the Slaver barracks at Paradise Falls, too, next to a holotape that was recorded by a slaver worried about the guy in the comics coming for his uniform. Sweet easter egg.
§ynch
QUOTE(Massacre @ Mar 20 2009, 05:46 PM) [snapback]1491368[/snapback]
Has anyone read the Penny Arcade Fallout 3 webcomic? Penny Arcade is a great comic as it is, but the Fallout comics are hilarious.

The uniform from the Vault in the comic is in the Slaver barracks at Paradise Falls, too, next to a holotape that was recorded by a slaver worried about the guy in the comics coming for his uniform. Sweet easter egg.

Isn't that the vault uniform that the guy on the tape says to burn?
Interesting, I found those 2 items but never made any connection....
Massacre
The comics are the connection. If you read them, it makes sense. I thought that was a great easter egg, I just wish it had been mentioned in more places, like the files on the Capital Wasteland Vaults (I forget where that terminal is. The Citadel?). I wish the jumpsuit had a Vault Boy puppet on it's hand, though.

Also, in the contest they had before Fallout 3 came out, where people submitted suggestions for level 20 perks, one of them was "Puppet Master," which gave you one extra dialogue option (from the puppet) in every conversation.
bOnEs
QUOTE(Massacre @ Mar 22 2009, 12:24 AM) [snapback]1491592[/snapback]
Also, in the contest they had before Fallout 3 came out, where people submitted suggestions for level 20 perks, one of them was "Puppet Master," which gave you one extra dialogue option (from the puppet) in every conversation.

i can see why that didn't get implemented... would of added a ton of extra voice-over work...

started my 3rd serious file over the weekend... i've already played an evil character but, he was an intelligent evil guy... my new evil character takes no sympathy, has no charisma/speech skills, and is more than willing to deploy what three dog likes to call, "shotgun diplomacy" laugh.gif... i blasted sheriff simms head off when i first arrived in megaton because he got chippy with me... that forced me to leave megaton early and take a whole new route to my adventures... when i finally got back to megaton after a few in-game days, i got the runaround with colin moriarty (since my character's charisma is at 2 and my speech skill is at 10, lol)... i refused his 100 cap offer and when he raised that to 300 caps, i blasted his head off, and hacked his terminal for info on dad... lol, had to leave megaton once again but this time, took a settler with me and deputy steel out to the wastes, as they followed me... i'm planning on raiding the armory now that deputy steel is taken care of (first time i've ever gotten that robot)...

i'm using the super-duper mart as a base of operations... my character first discovered it after being booted out of megaton the first time... upon looking at the horizon, he spotted a structured building still intact, hoping to find food and water... but, i've been wandering the map now, pretending to find my dad on my own... i'm on my own because my character took offense to more shenanigans by three dog... i'm making my character very very strict on helping out others, unless its a female since he's got this whole "love" thing going for amata... my character has been nice to the ladies biggrin.gif... but, three dog wouldn't give me the info on my dad without me doing a favor for him, and my character is starting to lose his patience when it comes to his father... three dog is lucky i haven't found my father yet or, i would of killed him right then and there... i'm planning on going back to three dog once i visit rivet city to see what he says when i tell him i didn't need his help, and he can fuck off about getting that dish for him biggrin.gif...

i'm having a blast just doing whatever the fuck i want, not caring if i ruin any quests, or worrying about killing the wrong person... i'm taking a "shoot now and ask questions later" approach... and it's renewed the fun of fallout 3 all over again biggrin.gif...
Massacre
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Mar 23 2009, 04:28 PM) [snapback]1491824[/snapback]
i'm planning on going back to three dog once i visit rivet city to see what he says when i tell him i didn't need his help, and he can fuck off about getting that dish for him biggrin.gif...

Have you never done "Catching in with Three Dog?"
bOnEs
QUOTE(Massacre @ Mar 23 2009, 05:19 PM) [snapback]1491834[/snapback]
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Mar 23 2009, 04:28 PM) [snapback]1491824[/snapback]
i'm planning on going back to three dog once i visit rivet city to see what he says when i tell him i didn't need his help, and he can fuck off about getting that dish for him biggrin.gif...

Have you never done "Catching in with Three Dog?"

yea, did that on my last evil file but, i was helpful and fixed the dish for him... i am not even gonna help him in this one unless his dialog for the cache appeals to my character... othweise, GNR will forever be unreachable by the masses... enclave radio is all your gonna hear in "my" wastes" biggrin.gif...

but, i may still get the dish and then kill him after i tell him how shitty the cache is, and killing all those super mutants wasn't worth the effort (i'll have to roleplay that dialog laugh.gif).. i do wanna hear the lady on the radio talking about how someone killed three dog and the voice of the people is forever gone so, i might get the dish and kill him afterwards... still not sure though because, i wanna totally not help at all in the "good fight"... can't wait to big a big dick to my dad biggrin.gif...
Massacre
I still haven't found my dad, I've been completely sideskirting the main quest. I'm only at Scientific Pursuits and I'm at level 19.

I'm not sure if I've found all the armories/bases. I've found Fort Constantine (Did it wrong, I was supposed to unlock the doors, give Mister Crowley the keys, then go back and take the armor to truly screw him over.), Fort Bannister (which I'm looting right now), Wheaton Armory, and I still need to go to the National Guard Depot, though I know where it is already. Is that all of them?
bOnEs
the only one i can think of thats not on your list is fort independence...
Massacre
Cool, I'll find that now.
bOnEs
haha, forgot to mention... playing a ruthless devil of the wastes, i figured i'd be killing everyone in big town since they have no one to trade with... and my character is a huge merchant, looting everything to sell (you can imagine the troubles i had early on when i couldn't access megaton a couple times for a few days laugh.gif)... but, when i tried to threaten anyone in big town, they shrugged it off and said, they don't fear death because of the slaver/super mutant raids... it kinda frustrated my character because he's always ready for a gunfight but, couldn't start one in big town thru dialog biggrin.gif...

i'd imagine there's a few places like that in the wastes but for the most part, i think i am gonna have to keep a log of when i turn a settlement hostile so i know when it's safe to return... i'd hate to show back up when they're all pissed at me... lol, i even use disquises, i'll wear stuff that no one in town has seen me wear... and when trading, i wear the trader outfit to blend in the crowd...
Massacre
Hey, um... Where the fuck is The Pitt? Wasn't it supposed to be out today?
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Massacre @ Mar 24 2009, 12:47 PM) [snapback]1491953[/snapback]
Hey, um... Where the fuck is The Pitt? Wasn't it supposed to be out today?

I forgot to tell you, I'm not getting it, so they canceled it.

No, I don't know. It's not even mentioned on Xbox.com.

I am not going to get it. I've decided. I'm sure it will be cool, and I know the Auto-Axe, I know, I know. I just can't spend $10 on another hour and a half of gametime. I started Operation Anchorage; not a huge fan. I'd take a refund if they offered. I'll finish it. I MIGHT get the Broken Steel DLC, only if it extends the storyline. But even still, it remains to be a "we'll see".

I hope this comes out soon so you can persuade me to buy it.

Edit:
We are continuing to look into the issues people are experiencing with The Pitt for Xbox 360. As of now it looks like the file for the English version on Xbox Live was somehow corrupted. We are currently working with Microsoft to remove the existing file off of Live to prevent any further downloads. Our plan is to replace it with a new file as soon as possible. We hope to have another update for you shortly.

http://bethblog.com/index.php/2009/03/24/i...-with-the-pitt/
Massacre
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck. I went through all the usual shit to get on Live, and then The Pitt was nowhere to be found. At least now I know why...

My current concern is this; Will Op: Anchorage, The Pitt, and Broken Steel be the only DLC? I mean, these expansions are between three and five hours, and there was a ten year gap between Fallout 2 and 3. I'm not saying it's going to be ten more years until Fallout 4, but I haven't spent so much time playing a game since San Andreas. I'm just worried about keeping busy until the next GTA/Fallout/other amazing game I can spend a lot of time playing, and I don't want to get bored with Fallout 3 before that next game comes out.
PabloHoneyOle
I think I would have rather Bethesda start working on Fallout 4 (or something else) than spend all this time on five hours of story extension.

It kills me that you're waiting for all this DLC and still haven't gotten into the storyline of Fallout 3.
Massacre
I have gotten back onto the main quest, I found Vault 112 while exploring and figured I might as well go for it, so I've now skipped Scientific Pursuits and I'm on Waters of Life...
asthenia
I'm abouta start playing this again, just roleplaying though. "Living a life"... I live in Megaton and collect shit mainly. It's boring. Ideas please. smile.gif sad.gif
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Asthenia @ Mar 24 2009, 03:44 PM) [snapback]1491999[/snapback]
I'm abouta start playing this again, just roleplaying though. "Living a life"... I live in Megaton and collect shit mainly. It's boring. Ideas please. :) :(

I'm about to start a 2nd game just to get the other Level related achievements. I'm just going to cruise around killing shit and collecting shit. Fuck a storyline.

You can immerse yourself in the game however you want, that's the brilliance of it.

Also, Massacre, you're farther along than I realized. Still more to do though.
asthenia
I've immersed myself in every possible way my inebriated brain can think of.
TheAnalogKid2112
I have 4 trophies for this game.
Massacre
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Mar 24 2009, 08:16 PM) [snapback]1492042[/snapback]
I have 4 trophies for this game.

I have 36 achievements... And a 360 instead of a PS3. I win.
TheAnalogKid2112
GTFO! I had a zillion hours put into the game and soon after, trophy patch. FUKKIT
§ynch
48 Achievements here.
Massacre
Yeah, but how long have you had the game?
§ynch
QUOTE(Massacre @ Mar 24 2009, 09:45 PM) [snapback]1492089[/snapback]
Yeah, but how long have you had the game?

Awhile, since at least December.

44 of those are old, just got the
last 4 from the DLC recently.
Mekstizzle
I'm gonna start a new game. This time I'm gonna set myself out to be a girl, a sneaky thieving stealthy bitch.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.