Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fallout Series
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
§ynch
QUOTE(Massacre @ Feb 26 2009, 09:31 PM) [snapback]1487353[/snapback]
I was thinking about downloading this sometime soon.
Would it be worth it to play the DLC and get the rifle and armor early in my game, or does it matter?

Totally worth it. PC or XB360 Elite/Regular

A number of members of my other forums reported they
were even able to wear the T-51B Weatherized Armor in
normal game play on both the XB360 and PC, EARLY in the game!

That means, before the training at the Citadel.
Try it, you can't lose here, it's a win-win situation.
Once power armor is enabled, ALL power armor is accessible.
Of course this may be due to numerous game plays under the
same name profile, but it doesn't matter it's totally worth the try.

Also people have taken over Paradise Falls,
the Mirelurk-filled Vault 92 for Agatha's Song, and many
other quests just by using the Crimson Dragon Stealth Armor
and the Gauss Rifle. Those 2 things RULE.

I've been using the Shocksword alot, and that weapon is very similar to my Shocker Glove.
Darth Sexy
Yeah, you're granted Power Armour training when you finish Operation: Anchorage.
§ynch
QUOTE(Darth Sexy @ Feb 26 2009, 11:29 PM) [snapback]1487369[/snapback]
Yeah, you're granted Power Armour training when you finish Operation: Anchorage.

Awesome isn't it?
I was always at Level 20 by the time I got training, this is a major benefit for new players.
PabloHoneyOle
Question about the DLC:
How does the DLC incorporate with your save file? If you've completed the game, it's not a continuation, correct? Just an incoming signal in the Wasteland; accessible through any save file, at any point in the game?

I might have to download this bitch.
Massacre
QUOTE(Darth Sexy @ Feb 27 2009, 02:29 AM) [snapback]1487369[/snapback]

Power armor? Before level 6? Yep, I'm downloading it.
bOnEs
lol, i don't ever really wear power armor, even after the training laugh.gif... the t-51b power armor is pretty badass though but, power armor just doesn't suit my character... it's a damn shame there's no matching t-51b power helmet because, no other power helmet really matches that armor... lucas simm's sheriff's hat does though... his cowboy hat goes with anything laugh.gif...

the DLC's t-51b armor probably has a matching helmet i'm guessing...
§ynch
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Feb 27 2009, 05:59 AM) [snapback]1487398[/snapback]
Question about the DLC:
How does the DLC incorporate with your save file? If you've completed the game, it's not a continuation, correct? Just an incoming signal in the Wasteland; accessible through any save file, at any point in the game?

I might have to download this bitch.

No it's not a continuation, just don't do the last storyline mission.
Once you do the last storyline mission the game is over.
That's why I do everything there is to do in the game before the last mission,
so I have something to go back to.

The locations are added to the map. Bailey's Crossing is just a path,
the simulation chamber is down under the Outcast Outpost in an armory.
When you boot up, it says "loaded extra content" er something like that...

I'm not one to look for problems, if something works, I let it be.
So example, if the saves go from oldest to newest, bottom to top,
my saves would look something like this, because I saved after each section,
that way I could go back in case I missed any Intel, which I did not:

My Megaton House Level 20 (Today)
Chinese Pulse Fields
Listening Post
Chimera Depot
Guns of Anchorage - Artillery
Bailey's Crossing
My Megaton House Level 20 (Last Week)

So if I want to replay the DLC, then I just go to the save that says "last week" example.

Yes, you have to download this bitch,
and yes I added you as a friend on XBL - thanks for the request amigo cool.gif

The Gauss Rifle uses microfusion coils, so if you have ammo for the Plasma Rifle,
then you can use that. I still have over 7,000 rounds of ammo for those weapons.
Massacre
Well, I downloaded and beat Operation Anchorage today, and after ransacking the armory and the Brotherhood Outcasts, I'm 371 pounds over my weight limit and cannot run. I can still fast travel back to my spot in Megaton, right?
TwoFacedTanner
I just beat the original game last night.

Not to spoil anything...but wtf.
That ending sucked.

bOnEs I hate you!
mad.gif

jk wub.gif
Darth Sexy
I haven't played for over a week. I'm suffering withdrawal.
Massacre
Oh Jesus... You guys do not want to make the trek I just made... From Bailey's Crossroads Metro all the way back to Megaton - while over my weight limit, and low on ammo. The Chinese stealth suit saved my life. On the upside, I'm only level 7, and I have five sets of power armor and super mutants don't scare me anymore. smile.gif
§ynch
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Feb 28 2009, 06:35 PM) [snapback]1487830[/snapback]
That ending sucked.
Worst ending ever in any game.
That is the only bad thing though.

QUOTE(Massacre @ Feb 28 2009, 07:49 PM) [snapback]1487838[/snapback]
Oh Jesus... You guys do not want to make the trek I just made... From Bailey's Crossroads Metro all the way back to Megaton - while over my weight limit, and low on ammo. The Chinese stealth suit saved my life. On the upside, I'm only level 7, and I have five sets of power armor and super mutants don't scare me anymore. smile.gif

L0L why didn't you stash 800 of your 1,000 lbs of killer loot at Red Racer Factory garbage can?
It's right there by Bailey's Crossing entrance....I was tempted to stash it all at the Outpost, but
dragged it to Red Racer, stashed, fast traveled home, then back 2-3 trips for the total.

That is a long journey you made man. Feel proud to be wearing the Power at Level 7. cool.gif
Nice stealthy work on your long journey, it makes for an experience in itself.
Now wear your T51-B Weatherized Armor and go find all the armories to stock up on ammo.
National Guard Armory, Wheaton, Fort Bannister, etc.....all worthy of exploration.
bOnEs
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Feb 28 2009, 09:35 PM) [snapback]1487830[/snapback]

That ending sucked.

bOnEs I hate you!
mad.gif

jk wub.gif

lol, the ending is kinda lame, i know... but, to me the ending isn't what's suppose to be satisfying, like most video games... it's the journey it took to reach the end that's the most rewarding... and now that you know the ending, (you could always try the other two endings) you can happily load a previous save and continue on your journey and finish exploring the map biggrin.gif... the exploration is what's rewarding in this game, not the ending... i haven't even tried the ending yet on my evil file...

QUOTE(Massacre @ Feb 28 2009, 10:49 PM) [snapback]1487838[/snapback]

you didn't even have to unload everything in a bin or container... you could of dropped all that gear off right outside of the fort on the ground, fast traveled to your house, unloaded that gear, and fast traveled back the fort to get the rest... the game for the most part, doesn't reset any items or containers... so, whatever you drop, usually stays there throughout the game, unless someone needs the weapon or armor you dropped... in that case, you probably could of dropped it off in a container inside the fort too, instead of traveling to red racer or something...

when i became overencumbered, i usually just dropped all the gear off at a certain location in the building that i would remember... you should never have to carry all that weight back to your house.... buffout helps if your only about 20 pounds overweight...
Massacre
Yeah, my weight was about 800/230 (I think my limit says 230, I'm not playing in HD and I can't read all of my HUD and Pip-Boy data.). I was certainly proud to have made it back, though.

I noticed a couple things on my long journey, though: 1. Are all hunters friendly? On the way back to Megaton, I spotted two groups of hunters (or it could have been the same group twice) that appeared as enemies on my radar. Are there friendly and hostile hunters, or do they start hating me at some point? and 2. Some jerkoff named Sam Warwick started chasing me, who is he? I lost him when he got sidetracked going after a scavenger, but I think I'm going to hunt him down now that I have ammo.

Thanks for the praise, Synch, and thanks for suggesting I download Anchorage. I fucking love this game!
bOnEs
sam warrick is a random encounter... you might not find him the same location again, or find him again period... but yea, he's just a random sniper encounter... good thing he wasn't perched up high somewhere out of reach, he might of killed you with all that loot, and the fact that you were moving incredibly slow laugh.gif...

he scared the shit out of me in my game, he popped out from around a rock and popped me pretty good... he scared me though because he registered as a friendly when i first spotted the line on my compass... and when i got closer he ran out from behind a rock and shot me almost immediately, well before i could launch the VATS system... but, his health is that of probably a raider, maybe a little stronger... he's an easy kill...
§ynch
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Mar 1 2009, 08:51 AM) [snapback]1487906[/snapback]
the game for the most part, doesn't reset any items or containers...
I've noticed over and over, as I spend a detailed amount of time
looting every single thing from every location. This may be boring for most,
but it's the difference in how I always end up nearing 50,000 caps per game.
Going back to known-completely-looted locations, many of the crates
will spawn new contents, such as cups, packs of smokes etc. and this
has nothing to do with the 'extra caps' or 'extra ammo' type perks, which
I never take. Lockers will do this as well. I've gone back to SO many locations,
and known emptied containers spawn new contents.
Just a little detail for the new players of the game....it happens, items reset.

QUOTE(Massacre @ Mar 1 2009, 10:10 AM) [snapback]1487923[/snapback]
I noticed a couple things on my long journey, though: 1. Are all hunters friendly? On the way back to Megaton, I spotted two groups of hunters (or it could have been the same group twice) that appeared as enemies on my radar. Are there friendly and hostile hunters, or do they start hating me at some point? and 2. Some jerkoff named Sam Warwick started chasing me, who is he? I lost him when he got sidetracked going after a scavenger, but I think I'm going to hunt him down now that I have ammo.

Thanks for the praise, Synch, and thanks for suggesting I download Anchorage. I fucking love this game!

No worries, you deserved it. In my first game it took like what seemed an hour to get from Vault 101
to Megaton due to being so over-encumbered. It is another reason to take the strong back perk early as possible.
Sure you can use all those companions and such and even learn stashing, but it takes a long journey at
a snail's pace to realize what you are trying to accomplish.....is 1,000 lbs of just old books worth it?
Maybe, maybe not. However, once you know all the traders, have discounts such as Rivet City, where one
particular vendor will have a double-discount, thanks to both Moira and Danvers, it makes sense to focus.

If you just want to barter for food, ammo, and meds, then this is another learning experience.
With bartering for food, meds, and ammo, you will never be short of Stimpacks or Ammo.
That is like money in this game, to me. So we have all been over-encumbered and hate it, but you can
always learn, what you really want out of that journey, whether it be a stash, money, or bartered safety items.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed Operation: Anchorage, it was very cool.

Sam Warrick was a joke to me, every play-through, I killed him without him barely even fighting back.
One of the other rarer random encounters is the Wasteland Vendor, who's head is rolling around and he
talks to you like a preacher, then keels over right there! What he is talking about, and what his Wasteland Note
details, is basically, what is going on with the Oasis Side Quest.
One of my favorite random encounters will only happen after passing the Wasteland Survival Guide Side Quest.
It for me both times, was a woman, who thanks you for your devotion to the book, swears by using it,
then gets killed by RadScorps L0L. Looting her provides you with another copy of the book.

Hunters - Wasteland Settler-looking ones will sell you meat that you have to cook yourself,
like squirrel, mirelurk, etc. those are the good ones, you'll lose karma for killing them.
Other merc type looking hunters, offering you meat that is labeled Strange Meat,
are the cannibals. Cannibals, such as the ghoul Gallo, and a certain town's families.
By the way, after you complete that certain town's families mini-quest, "Our Little Secret"....
the Strange Meat Hunters turn hostile on you. Have seen this every time I've played through the game.

Strange Meat - It does not just have a purpose in this game for bad karma and cannibal perk players.
Little Lamplight kids survive on the special Cave Fungus that grows in there. The doctor will offer you
to trade strange meat or Buffout for the fungus which acts like Rad-Away to us for curing radiation.
You'll have to approve the deal through MacReady, however, it is Eclair, that gives you the real story.
In the Food Section of Lamplight, Eclair will explain the elder mungos' dead bodies in the cave originally
was where the fungus started growing. He says they think it was dead bodies because feeding the fungus
"Strange Meat" really makes it go crazy and the fungus eats it up. So they can use any if you have some.
That deal will bring up the "re-negotiate" dialog with MacReady, as it goes straight to their source of fungus/food.
For me, any Strange Meat goes to Eclair, and any extra Buffout goes to Sally/Lucy whatever her name is I forget. The doctor.
You'll get Cave Fungus in return, just another interesting barter item in the game, helps against rads.

While you're down there, don't forget to find and talk with Biwwy and barter for his Wazer Wifle. XD.png
PabloHoneyOle
Synch, Any idea when The Pitt is supposed to be released? I have 1600 MS points just chilling.

Probably get that and OP:Anchorage at the same time.
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Mar 1 2009, 10:51 AM) [snapback]1487906[/snapback]
lol, the ending is kinda lame, i know... but, to me the ending isn't what's suppose to be satisfying,

I have to disagree with your opinion there.
The game should be satisfying the whole way through. I dont want to be satisfied with a game, then at the end be let down.
If I play an epic game, I want an epic ending!
bOnEs
well, it's lame in the fact that it ends... that's what kinda sucks about it to me... but the whole journey to the end is really what its all about... discovering the wastes, its inhabitants, the creatures, collecting a ton of shit to sprinkle around the world (like putting teddy bears around the remains of mr. crowley laugh.gif) or to decorate your room, collecting all the unique weapons and armor, trying to see the whole map for yourself, etc...

the game never had action-packed cutscenes and top notch voice acting that built the suspense (hearing the same actor every 10 characters, even liam nelson wasn't THAT great biggrin.gif)... the suspense unfolded as you journeyed onward so, i didn't expect the ending to be the greatest suspense, it was only a part of the story that was there to discover... remember, the kick-ass scene for the ending involved walking down that road, and tell me that wasn't epic!! but again, that was the journey to the end, unfolding as you pressed on... not packed into a mini-30-second summer-blockbuster clip...

and the endings weren't that bad, i thought they worked with the story... it's just that the damn game ended mad.gif...
§ynch
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Mar 2 2009, 03:09 PM) [snapback]1488208[/snapback]
The game should be satisfying the whole way through. I dont want to be satisfied with a game, then at the end be let down.
If I play an epic game, I want an epic ending!
Yup, agreed. The end pretty much pissed many people off.
They had an epic ending, with that battle and Prime, then just send Fawkes in.....but no. Dropped the ball.
I always give up everything I have to Fawkes going in, maybe she can re-build with Uncle Ted using $50K in caps.

QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Mar 2 2009, 01:39 PM) [snapback]1488190[/snapback]
Synch, Any idea when The Pitt is supposed to be released? I have 1600 MS points just chilling.

Probably get that and OP:Anchorage at the same time.

I read in my Bethesda Email awhile back, it's like early March 2009. biggrin.gif

That one supposedly you can choose which side to be on, Raiders or BoS.
So that will also be cool for multiple plays.

There was just an update for Fallout 3 - I'm testing to see what they fixed.
Or, removed....not looking forward to going visiting Sydney at the Ninth Circle, if they fixed that...such a great glitch.
Massacre
I'm not signing in to Xbox Live until after I get a decent cache of Ultra SMG's. Can't wait for The Pitt. That Auto-Axe looks wicked, I want to test it out on a Deathclaw (which I haven't encountered yet).
§ynch
QUOTE(Massacre @ Mar 3 2009, 09:18 AM) [snapback]1488296[/snapback]
I'm not signing in to Xbox Live until after I get a decent cache of Ultra SMG's.
Can't wait for The Pitt.
That Auto-Axe looks wicked, I want to test it out on a Deathclaw (which I haven't encountered yet).

No worries, she still gives it up after the recent game update. cool.gif
That thing is the most accurate machine gun in the game by far.

For the Deathclaws I love crippling them with the Dart Gun.
I like that with all enemies, crippling, alternating between
the v3 Dart Guns and Railway Rifles. The poison takes awhile longer
for the Super Mutants though. I bet the auto-axe will have the same
principles as the shocksword and shocker glove, or at least hopefully. smile.gif
PabloHoneyOle
Yesterday was a huge Fallout 3 day for me. I essentially had the day off of work and spent the entire day in the Capital Wasteland (and doing laundry). I did a ton of geomapping, delivery of scrap metal and pre-war books, and knocked out a ton of achievements. I completed Reilly's Rangers, Agatha's Song, Oasis, and Head of State. I also collected my 10th (and 11th) Bobblehead; killed my 300th human; and built all 7 of the custom weapons (Dart Gun, ftw). I'm very close to completing You Gotta Shoot Them..., on my way to Ft. Constantine to get the last key and T-51b armor. I'm also very close to getting the achievement for exploration (locations) and hacking terminals.

I encountered my first Deathclaw yesterday as well, then I encountered 30 more (my Megaton house is littered with Deathclaw hands as trophies/decoration/dog toys for Dogmeat.) The dartgun is a savior.
Massacre
I spent the day making caps. I have a tendency to pick up every little piece of junk I see and sell it to a vendor, essentially getting caps for free. I also made the trek to Little Lamplight, and it took me forever to find that little retard with the speech impediment and get his laser rifle, I took child at heart just to get it for free.
asthenia
Wazer Wifle, lulz.
Darth Sexy
QUOTE(Massacre @ Mar 5 2009, 04:09 AM) [snapback]1488436[/snapback]
I spent the day making caps. I have a tendency to pick up every little piece of junk I see and sell it to a vendor, essentially getting caps for free. I also made the trek to Little Lamplight, and it took me forever to find that little retard with the speech impediment and get his laser rifle, I took child at heart just to get it for free.

I still haven't found that little shit.
PabloHoneyOle
Note: The Pitt DLC will be available on March 24th for the PC and 360.
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Fallout-3...Date-15871.html

Knocked out 5 more achievements last night. Rolling through the storyline now. Waters of Life tonight.

I also downloaded the OP: Anchorage DLC. Haven't gotten into it, but it's there when I'm ready.
Massacre
QUOTE(Darth Sexy @ Mar 5 2009, 03:06 AM) [snapback]1488585[/snapback]

He's on the East side of the Great Chamber. There's a wooden walkway that goes to a broken metal shelf with a bed next to it, I found him on the bed.

On another note, I'm officially evil. I wiped out everyone in Megaton except for Billy Creel, who for some reason is not hostile to me. I thought I left Jericho alive, too, but I can't find him. Tonight I join up with the slavers and maybe finish The Replicated Man, once I find out how to make it the most profitable.
bOnEs
QUOTE(Massacre @ Mar 5 2009, 12:22 PM) [snapback]1488644[/snapback]
QUOTE(Darth Sexy @ Mar 5 2009, 03:06 AM) [snapback]1488585[/snapback]

He's on the East side of the Great Chamber. There's a wooden walkway that goes to a broken metal shelf with a bed next to it, I found him on the bed.

On another note, I'm officially evil. I wiped out everyone in Megaton except for Billy Creel, who for some reason is not hostile to me. I thought I left Jericho alive, too, but I can't find him. Tonight I join up with the slavers and maybe finish The Replicated Man, once I find out how to make it the most profitable.

tell harkness who he is, and acquire his unique plasma rifle by telling him you'll handle the situation... then, tell the old man who his robot is... once he gives you the perk, kill em to please harkness and viola, you get both rewards biggrin.gif... or instead of killing the old man, you could watch him take harkness away since you've already acquired all the perks and weapons available in this mission...
§ynch
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Mar 5 2009, 08:50 AM) [snapback]1488629[/snapback]
Note: The Pitt DLC will be available on March 24th for the PC and 360.
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Fallout-3...Date-15871.html

Knocked out 5 more achievements last night. Rolling through the storyline now. Waters of Life tonight.

I also downloaded the OP: Anchorage DLC. Haven't gotten into it, but it's there when I'm ready.

After you finish your next part of the storyline, stop.
Now go and wander around to a few old familiar places.
New inhabitants around town. ph34r.gif

Another article and a few more screenshots:
http://www.joystiq.com/tag/dlc/

PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(§ynch @ Mar 5 2009, 01:12 PM) [snapback]1488654[/snapback]
After you finish your next part of the storyline, stop.
Now go and wander around to a few old familiar places.
New inhabitants around town. :ph34r:

I'm intrigued. I definitely will stop, just to do more exploration. When I get towards the end, I'll create a save file just to fuck around and keep up the exploration/bartering/killing.
Massacre
After The Pitt comes out, the game is modified to let you continue after the main story is completed, so if you haven't beaten it by then, you won't need the second file (unless you were going to do things you wouldn't normally do in your main file).
GLC
Just got this off ebay for £10, can't wait to play.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(GLC @ Mar 7 2009, 11:06 AM) [snapback]1489064[/snapback]
Just got this off ebay for £10, can't wait to play.

Say bye-bye to your social life.
Massacre
So I'm working on the Tenpenny Tower quest, and I have a quick question. I've already convinced the residents to let the ghouls move in, but I haven't spoken to Tenpenny yet. Do I have to convince all of them before I can talk to Tenpenny, or should I have been able to speak to him already? The guard won't let me in...

Also, I just sent Susan Lancaster to Paradise Falls, and Grouse gave me another slave collar. I though I only needed to capture one of the VIPs to complete the quest?
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Massacre @ Mar 5 2009, 05:10 PM) [snapback]1488742[/snapback]
After The Pitt comes out, the game is modified to let you continue after the main story is completed, so if you haven't beaten it by then, you won't need the second file (unless you were going to do things you wouldn't normally do in your main file).

I think Broken Steel, which is the 3rd DLC will remove the level cap so you can go up to 30...

QUOTE(Massacre @ Mar 7 2009, 09:25 PM) [snapback]1489124[/snapback]
So I'm working on the Tenpenny Tower quest, and I have a quick question. I've already convinced the residents to let the ghouls move in, but I haven't spoken to Tenpenny yet. Do I have to convince all of them before I can talk to Tenpenny, or should I have been able to speak to him already? The guard won't let me in...

Also, I just sent Susan Lancaster to Paradise Falls, and Grouse gave me another slave collar. I though I only needed to capture one of the VIPs to complete the quest?

Not sure about the Tenpenny quest; but shame on you for letting the ghouls in. Here is a link to the Fallout Wiki for that mission. Bookmark that site, it'll save your life and sanity more than once...

Also, before you let the ghouls in, you might want to go to Underworld and learn about a key in Tenpenny's possession. If you let them in, you might not be able to retrieve this key...

With Paradise Falls, you have to get all of the VIPs that are alive when you accept the quest.
bOnEs
technically, you only need to enslave one VIP in order to gain access to paradise falls if your karma isn't evil... but, the quest will still stay active and unfinished if the remaining victims are still alive, giving you the chance to earn more caps and evil karma...

also, tenpenny doesn't have a key in his possession... the only thing concerning him for the "gotta shoot em in the head" quest, is more dialog options concerning the situation involving mr. crowley... but, i don't think you really need him for anything with that mission... he'll just explain his side of the story... and he's actually the only person you really have to kill for this mission... you can convince the others to give you their key...

man, you xbox'ers are making me jealous with all the talk of these expansion packs mad.gif... it's making me seriously think about buying a new PC... i want to play them dammit!!
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Mar 9 2009, 11:20 AM) [snapback]1489297[/snapback]
technically, you only need to enslave one VIP in order to gain access to paradise falls if your karma isn't evil... but, the quest will still stay active and unfinished if the remaining victims are still alive, giving you the chance to earn more caps and evil karma...

also, tenpenny doesn't have a key in his possession... the only thing concerning him for the "gotta shoot em in the head" quest, is more dialog options concerning the situation involving mr. crowley... but, i don't think you really need him for anything with that mission... he'll just explain his side of the story... and he's actually the only person you really have to kill for this mission... you can convince the others to give you their key...

man, you xbox'ers are making me jealous with all the talk of these expansion packs :angry:... it's making me seriously think about buying a new PC... i want to play them dammit!!

I paid to get into Paradise Falls. Also paid to get the kids of Lamplight out of there. I'm a fucking baller.

With regards to Tenpenny, if you let the ghouls in before you kill Tenpenny, you won't get paid for killing him, you can still get the credit though. You'll miss the opportunity to kill Crowley instead or atleast exploit Tenpenny for some caps and get his suit and sniper rifle.

Bones, just get a 360...
Massacre
I already had the Fallout Wiki bookmarked, it didn't say anything about my problem though. I ended up just stealth killing Tenpenny's guard and breaking in to talk to him. That suit is funny, especially with the ghoul mask and a pre-war hat (fedora) on. Plus, I ended up with more caps and merch for killing off the two shop owners before letting the ghouls in, who I also pickpocketed and robbed during the night laugh.gif

Today it's Big Trouble in Big Town, so I can free and then enslave Red.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Massacre @ Mar 9 2009, 12:08 PM) [snapback]1489308[/snapback]
I already had the Fallout Wiki bookmarked, it didn't say anything about my problem though. I ended up just stealth killing Tenpenny's guard and breaking in to talk to him. That suit is funny, especially with the ghoul mask and a pre-war hat (fedora) on. Plus, I ended up with more caps and merch for killing off the two shop owners before letting the ghouls in, who I also pickpocketed and robbed during the night :lol:

Today it's Big Trouble in Big Town, so I can free and then enslave Red.

I don't think there was a guard there, but I did have to break in to speak with him.
bOnEs
not i... i was a special guest of mr. burke biggrin.gif... he introduced me to mr. tenpenny...

and no, i won't buy an xbox... i'd get more use out of a new PC, than a new gaming console... plus, my PC is a piece of shit and i've needed a new one for a few years now... buying an xbox for me is pointless when i already have a PS3... i don't need 2 consoles when most of the games are multi-platform...

@massacre - what's really funny is wearing the tenpenny suit and lincoln's hat... you look like a circus ringleader laugh.gif...
Massacre
Combine that outfit with the muttonstash to complete the look.

I was in Megaton today (on a file where I didn't kill everyone) and I was wondering, if I kill Billy Creel, can I wear his eyepatch, or is it part of his skin/texture/whatever it's called?

Also, Big Trouble in Big Town was really easy. Super Mutants just can't handle a stealth critical from a Gauss Rifle, and after fighting off the mutants back in Big Town, I shipped red off to Paradise Falls and killed whoever saw it. Her bandana looks great with Bittercup's Merc Adventurer outfit. One last thing; can you actually join the slavers, or just work for them?
bOnEs
QUOTE(Massacre @ Mar 9 2009, 04:30 PM) [snapback]1489343[/snapback]
Combine that outfit with the muttonstash to complete the look.

I was in Megaton today (on a file where I didn't kill everyone) and I was wondering, if I kill Billy Creel, can I wear his eyepatch, or is it part of his skin/texture/whatever it's called?

Also, Big Trouble in Big Town was really easy. Super Mutants just can't handle a stealth critical from a Gauss Rifle, and after fighting off the mutants back in Big Town, I shipped red off to Paradise Falls and killed whoever saw it. Her bandana looks great with Bittercup's Merc Adventurer outfit. One last thing; can you actually join the slavers, or just work for them?

the eyepatch is part of his head skin, it is not a unique item and i am actually pissed... i would of loved to use it for my character...

naw, can't join em but, you can work for them... meaning, turning in the slavers on their list... eulogy jones also has a minor/small quest where he wants you to get him another slave (the dialog option only shows up if you've gained access to little lamplight), and after you've completed "strickly business" you now have the option of enslaving anyone you can in the wastes for caps... however some might not make it paradise falls so, it's best to equip them with some sort of light armor/weapon to ensure their survival... i guess if they die on the way to paradise falls, you will not be issued a new slave collar and the options of enslaving someone is gone...

and some of the people you try to mezz, their heads might explode so, you can't technically enlsave everyone... i don't think you can enslave anyone quest related... the best way to make money is to enslave raiders if you can sneak up on them and mezz em...

lol, i enslaved bryan wilks from grayditch laugh.gif... he needed a place to stay and i knew the slavers would take him in... now three dog mentions it every now and then on the radio biggrin.gif... the radio is a lot more interesting when you do a lot of evil deeds... it seems like most of the news is horrible news laugh.gif...
PabloHoneyOle
I mezz people just to fuck them up.
bOnEs
...its also an easy way to loot people... when they're mezzed, you can ask them to let you carry their stuff... just make sure no one's watching you... and like stoic said, its also hilarious to watch someone go into a frenzy in a crowded town... everyone will try to kill em biggrin.gif... and if you kill them, you won't be penalized...

but, it's best to save before you mezz someone because there's three outcomes to every mezz...
1) they stand there in a daze for a few seconds, allowing you to engage conversation, and put a slave collar on...
2) they go into a frenzy and become hostile towards anyone...
3) their fuzzy little head explodes...

...and don't go crazy with the mesmetron ammo... it costs 200 caps to get only 10 more charges... it's pretty fucking expensive...
Massacre
Between Fort Bannister and Jury Street Metro Station, slightly south of them, there is an area with scattered train cars, a centaur, and a Super Mutant. In a nearby overturned train car is a shopping cart cage. For the love of god, don't take the teddy bear from that cage unless you have full health, enough stimpaks to refill your health fully, grenades, and some kind of power weapon, preferably a missile launcher. Oh, shit, I'm still shaking...

Shortly after the above adventure, I followed the train tracks and had to have the adventure all over again, though the circumstances were different and it was much easier this time.
Darth Sexy
QUOTE(Massacre @ Mar 10 2009, 11:00 AM) [snapback]1489380[/snapback]
Between Fort Bannister and Jury Street Metro Station, slightly south of them, there is an area with scattered train cars, a centaur, and a Super Mutant. In a nearby overturned train car is a shopping cart cage. For the love of god, don't take the teddy bear from that cage unless you have full health, enough stimpaks to refill your health fully, grenades, and some kind of power weapon, preferably a missile launcher. Oh, shit, I'm still shaking...

Shortly after the above adventure, I followed the train tracks and had to have the adventure all over again, though the circumstances were different and it was much easier this time.

Lololololol. I haven't tried those yet.
bOnEs
QUOTE(Massacre @ Mar 9 2009, 08:00 PM) [snapback]1489380[/snapback]

haha laugh.gif, a lot of people get freaked out about the jury street behemoth biggrin.gif... it happens so suddenly and if your not prepared, your in for the fight of your life... i wish i never read a guide to the behemoths because, it would of scared the shit out of me too but, i was prepared for it when i decided to take the teddy bear biggrin.gif...

i bet the evergreen mills one was a breeze compared to jury street laugh.gif... don't forget to visit smiling jack in evergreen mills for your unique combat shotgun and the barter bobblehead...
PabloHoneyOle
I was looking for Behemoths, didn't know about the Jury Street Metro one and the Teddy Bear trap.

I collect Teddy Bears (they cover My Megaton house) and went to snatch that find and poof, there was the towering monster. Not too scary, I'm rocking the dart gun and alien blaster.

It was a scary surprise nonetheless.
Massacre
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Mar 10 2009, 11:09 AM) [snapback]1489453[/snapback]
I was looking for Behemoths, didn't know about the Jury Street Metro one and the Teddy Bear trap.

I collect Teddy Bears (they cover My Megaton house) and went to snatch that find and poof, there was the towering monster. Not too scary, I'm rocking the dart gun and alien blaster.

It was a scary surprise nonetheless.

I collect intact garden gnomes and Brahmin skulls.

I was out looting rather than hunting, and I left my dart gun, alien blaster, Gauss rifle, power armor, and all of my power weapons at my house to conserve weight. If I hadn't pulled a missile launcher off of a dead Raider, I wouldn't have made it. The second one was easy, I killed the surrounding Raiders and it was just pacing around it's cage.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.