Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fallout Series
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
bOnEs
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Feb 20 2009, 05:00 PM) [snapback]1485683[/snapback]
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Feb 20 2009, 04:37 PM) [snapback]1485676[/snapback]
which quests have ya played so far?

Obviously the Escape, Power of the Atom, Those!, I've started Blood Lines and I've done a few small quests like patching up the pipes in Megaton.

Most of my time has been spent scavaging and leveling up.

haven't started the "wasteland survival guide" quest yet, huh? you can get that one from moria in craterside supply... there's i think 9 separate parts to that quest so, it's one that will take some time to finish... it's a good one to do throughout your game since more often than not, it leads you through different parts of the wastes that you haven't been, which leads to more discoveries biggrin.gif...
QUOTE(Analog)
My biggest disappointment is the lack of.. goriness from Fallout. No dismemberment or beheadings :[
Fun game though. I know you'll love it since you're such a Fallout freak.

yea, i knew it wouldn't have the gore that fallout had... fallout really can be over the top at times with the gore but, it's a game that gore fits in perfectly with the overall theme... i don't think gore fits into the whole fantasy world theme of oblivion laugh.gif... i am mainly looking forward to living a life of whatever i want... it's been said that you can pretty much be whoever you want to be as far as your battle tactics are concerned... i am totally going for the "silent assassin" tactic biggrin.gif...
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Feb 20 2009, 02:39 PM) [snapback]1485692[/snapback]
yea, i knew it wouldn't have the gore that fallout had... fallout really can be over the top at times with the gore but, it's a game that gore fits in perfectly with the overall theme... i don't think gore fits into the whole fantasy world theme of oblivion laugh.gif...

Yeah, but come on. There's at least 5 different types of blades/battle axes. Can you imagine how fucking amazing those weapons would be with the ability to break apart bodies? BOOM! There goes your right torso!
bOnEs
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Feb 20 2009, 06:08 PM) [snapback]1485699[/snapback]
yea, i knew it wouldn't have the gore that fallout had... fallout really can be over the top at times with the gore but, it's a game that gore fits in perfectly with the overall theme... i don't think gore fits into the whole fantasy world theme of oblivion laugh.gif...

Yeah, but come on. There's at least 5 different types of blades/battle axes. Can you imagine how fucking amazing those weapons would be with the ability to break apart bodies? BOOM! There goes your right torso!

yea, that actually would look pretty cool biggrin.gif... you gotta point there...
§ynch
Damn the Memorial for Alien Encounters.....
No Firelance. After completely cleaning out the Anchorage Memorial, all the Mirelurks,
unlocking Ted's safe and finding the key to the utility stash, the interior is clean, not even alien ammo.
That's pretty interesting how what Granny Sparkle said then panned out with the Mercs
invading her Wastelander boy's Mirelurk meat business....love the secret compartment in that fridge.

Decided to clean the place out after finishing the Wasteland Survival Guide.
Also spent several hours in a rad suit scuba diving the bottom of the channel,
and actually found 3 more alien ammo sticks. Staring at the
bottom of the river then coming up for air, like for hours. Then combed the exterior
again, knowing that the gun is tiny and blends in with the surroundings. It's funny I can
spot a stimpack on a metro tunnel floor by a skeleton in the dark but can't find the Firelance.
With my luck it is on top of the statue. Guess it's time to go free Dogmeat from Scrapyard....
Darth Sexy
After strolling through Old Olney by accident, I must say I cam kill a Deathclaw far easier than I can kill a Giant Radscorpion. It's depressing. I love my Firelance, I may go and stroke it now. I'm slowly running out of sidequests, so I'll either do the Jefferson Memorial, or download Operation: Achorage so I can use the Power Armour from Fort Constantine. Can't be fucked waiting for it to come up in quests.
bOnEs
after the waters of life quest, you'll get the options to wear power armor... just ask elder lyons...

and yea, giant radscorpions are bitches to kill... it takes 3-4 well placed "terrible shotgun" blasts at close range to take one down... it's amazing how much it really takes to bring one of these down...

@synch - if dogmeat doesn't work, that's gonna suck man... all that work for the firelance and you never find it... all those hours spent in the radiated waters to come up with nothing...
asthenia
bOnEs, when you getting oblivion? I'm 120hours into my second save so far.

Also, if you're going for the silent assassin type guy, make sure you get into the dark brotherhood. if only for the shrouded armor.
§ynch
Exploited Weakness

The Big Town speech on pappy for the speech trophy got fixed,
however the Sydney's Ultra SMG 10mm did not! thumbup.gif

Unlimited number of Ultra-SMG's from Sydney, after completing
"Stealing Independence".....awesome.

I just planned the quest out, saving at key finishing points,
making sure she was not hurt, and making her wait behind.

Once we got back to Rivet City, speeched her about her
father, using the moonbeam tape found in Statesman Hotel,
for over 10 times getting her Ultra SMG. Still going, will have to stop
at some point as I don't want to be over-encumbered to follow her to
the Underworld, making sure she doesn't get killed.

There's no end to the coolness of this game. cool.gif
Massacre
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Feb 20 2009, 06:18 PM) [snapback]1485704[/snapback]
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Feb 20 2009, 06:08 PM) [snapback]1485699[/snapback]

yea, that actually would look pretty cool biggrin.gif... you gotta point there...

Have you seen the AutoAxe that's going to be in "The Pitt?"

I forgot to mention that I finally got Fallout 3 yesterday. Once I get rid of all my visitors, I'm dropping the blackout curtains over my windows and playing until my thumbs bleed.
bOnEs
QUOTE(§ynch @ Feb 21 2009, 11:37 PM) [snapback]1486099[/snapback]
Exploited Weakness

The Big Town speech on pappy for the speech trophy got fixed,
however the Sydney's Ultra SMG 10mm did not! thumbup.gif

I just planned the quest out, saving at key finishing points,
making sure she was not hurt, and making her wait behind.

Once we got back to Rivet City, speeched her about her
father, using the moonbeam tape found in Statesman Hotel,
for over 10 times getting her Ultra SMG. Still going, will have to stop
at some point as I don't want to be over-encumbered to follow her to
the Underworld, making sure she doesn't get killed.

There's no end to the coolness of this game. cool.gif

they might of fixed the pappy speech exploit but, they didn't fix the little lamplight one where one of the kids tells you a joke and you tell her how funny it was... you can keep doing it over and over...

lol, with sydney on my evil file... i told her she could follow but, i did nothing to protect her... gave her no stimpacks... so, i was just waiting for the moment when one of those super mutants gave her too much to handle... then took her gun, ammo, and armor... left her in a suggestive position and dropped some jet and psycho near the body to make her look like a junky laugh.gif...

@AST - i get oblivion on monday biggrin.gif...

@massacre - glad to see you finally got the game... your gonna have to drop the blackout curtains every night from now until you beat it... and kick your friends out so you can play it... friends get in the way...
Massacre
I'm not very far in, I kept getting interupted. I'm only as far as picking my first three skills (which is a testament to how hectic my day has been). I've gone with sneak and science, but I can't decide between energy weapons and small guns for the third perk. I'm thinking energy, because I want to hunt down the Firelance, but I was wondering if finding ammo for it is any more difficult than a regular gun.
bOnEs
small guns might be your best choice early on... there's more small guns readily available, and more ammo... plus, the energy weapons don't start getting more powerful till later in the story anyways... you can put stats in energy weapons but, i'd tag small guns early to help you in the infancy of the game...
Massacre
Okay, thanks. Sneak and Science were the easy choices, because I want Cyborg, Silent Running, and also Mister Sandman for the exp glitch.

BTW, I lol'd hard at the options on the G.O.A.T.
§ynch
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Feb 22 2009, 10:23 AM) [snapback]1486235[/snapback]
QUOTE(§ynch @ Feb 21 2009, 11:37 PM) [snapback]1486099[/snapback]
Exploited Weakness

lol, with sydney on my evil file... i told her she could follow but, i did nothing to protect her... gave her no stimpacks... so, i was just waiting for the moment when one of those super mutants gave her too much to handle... then took her gun, ammo, and armor... left her in a suggestive position and dropped some jet and psycho near the body to make her look like a junky laugh.gif...

I ended up with 22 Ultra SMG's, the speech trick goes on forever.
It was still working while following her to the Underworld,
where she becomes an ammo dealer. Just keep letting her
hear the tape from her dad and she gives it up over and over.

If you do nothing to protect her she dies at the first sentry bot.
Nothing but robots downstairs using the rotunda elevator.
Her computer terminal that was locked in my previous game,
is only used to control the elevator in the center of the room,
and she's right - without it, I would have been going into other
rooms that aren't necessary. (Except to go back later and loot)

In one of the rooms in the National Archives, there is the dead
guy that has a note on him. It's the apology for stealing something
that he wanted to return.....and left in Scrapyard. (Dogmeat)
PabloHoneyOle
Weekend Update:
I ended up playing for about 7+ hours yesterday; mainly exploring; trying to find more locations and level up. I'm somewhere between level 13-14 as of last night. I finally ventured into downtown DC and encountered my first Behemoth. Holy shit. My save file is at 22 hours, it's only a drop in the bucket.

It's amazing how distracted or sidetracked you can get while trying to complete a mission. I've done lots of exploring and scavenging; even to the point where it's made me evil. After completing "Blood Ties", I went back to Meresti Station just to kill The Family for all the loot on the shelves. I'm stocking up on Ammo, Stimpacks and extra caps as much as possible. A real greedy bastard. I'm currently neutral, only because of the hefty donations

Yesterday alone I got the following mission related achievements:
-Big Trouble in Big Town
-Following in His Footsteps
-Blood Ties
-Tenpenny Tower
I also got the "Psychotic Prankster", "Slayer of Beasts" and "Mercenary" achievement.

I tried to the manipulation where you load a save file right before you level up; just couldn't get the achievements to register with my different karmic alignment. No bother, I'll definitely be playing through again and leaving those achievements locked will give me some motivation to complete my additional playthroughs (eventually).

This afternoon/evening, I'm headed from the GNR building south to Rivet City. Here's to hoping I make it one piece.
bOnEs
wow, your hauling ass through the game, stoic... already at level 14... you got any unique weapons yet?

you shouldn't have any problems with reaching rivet city, with a level of 14... unless you put all your skill points into barter, melee and unarmed laugh.gif... you might even be able to travel there above ground, instead of the tunnels... but, the metro tunnels are always your best bet at reaching your destinations... sometimes on the surface of downtown, you run into dead ends, which keep you from reaching certain areas...

the mall should be fun though if your in the mood for killing lots of super mutants biggrin.gif... i stirred them all up at level 7 in my very first game... talk about hell!! i was showing a friend's boyfriend the game, and i accidentally set off all those super mutants... i was hanging on to dear life by the time they stopped attacking... two weeks later he bought the game biggrin.gif...
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Feb 23 2009, 11:18 AM) [snapback]1486382[/snapback]
the mall should be fun though if your in the mood for killing lots of super mutants biggrin.gif... i stirred them all up at level 7 in my very first game... talk about hell!! i was showing a friend's boyfriend the game, and i accidentally set off all those super mutants... i was hanging on to dear life by the time they stopped attacking... two weeks later he bought the game biggrin.gif...

Yeeeeah, that totally wasnt cool at all.

I went there with like 25 stimpacks looking for the DoI
I left with like no stimpacks and the DoI.

Haha, who am I kidding? It was intense.
Massacre
My game froze, and I hadn't saved, and I'm now right outside of Vault 101 again. I seem to be cursed...

I think I'll wait until I've gotten something done before I update again.
bOnEs
QUOTE(Massacre @ Feb 23 2009, 12:30 PM) [snapback]1486393[/snapback]
My game froze, and I hadn't saved, and I'm now right outside of Vault 101 again. I seem to be cursed...

the cool thing you'll notice tho (i hope you didn't get too far) is that the game might play out a little different this time... even if you follow in the same path, you might get different dialog options, win some speech checks that you didn't the first time, thus changing things... or maybe you don't head the same path, either way, the game is about to play out a little different for you this time biggrin.gif... same quest but, a different approach to the situation perhaps...

that's exactly why so many of us have at least 2 different files because, this game plays out differently each time biggrin.gif...
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Feb 23 2009, 12:18 PM) [snapback]1486382[/snapback]
wow, your hauling ass through the game, stoic... already at level 14... you got any unique weapons yet?

you shouldn't have any problems with reaching rivet city, with a level of 14... unless you put all your skill points into barter, melee and unarmed

I'm picking every lock I can, hacking every terminal and I used the perk where you get a free "level up" from 11 to 12. I don't feel like I'm flying through the missions, just lots of exploring and killing. The only unique weapons I've come across are the plans for the Shiskebab and the Dart Gun. Haven't built them yet, although my repair skill is high enough. I might sell them both for the "Rock-It-Launcher" from the chick in Megaton.

I think I will take the Metro to Rivet initially, then come back and explore the surface. It seems like I'll be able to end a few missions in Rivet City and start some new ones.

QUOTE(Massacre @ Feb 23 2009, 12:30 PM) [snapback]1486393[/snapback]

Not calling you a liar or anything, bro. But on my friends list, it says you haven't played Fallout 3.
Fallout 3
Not Played by Undead Slacker
Massacre
I haven't signed into Xbox Live since I downloaded Lost and Damned.
PabloHoneyOle
Hmm, I always sign in, thought you had to? How do you load games without saving to a profile?
Massacre
I don't usually keep my 360 connected because every time I shut down my computer, I have to through the whole process that QD gave me the link to in this topic. But I've gone through it all anyway just now...
PabloHoneyOle
Gotcha, forgot about that post.
TwoFacedTanner
Just wanted to post up my character and all his manly badassness.

Massacre
Nice threads. My character just has a raider blastmaster helmet and some leather armor I pulled off a dead caravan guard that was following Doc Hoff.
§ynch
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Feb 23 2009, 03:33 PM) [snapback]1486469[/snapback]

Looks like your already a hardened soldier, soldier. cool.gif

This play I got to Level 20 in like 2-3 days, already knew
that you just have to explore and kill as much as possible.
So now at the end of Game 3, 48,000 caps later, maxed ammo,
all the mini-quests, side quests, main quests, (except last)
and bobbleheads already, I decided to go for the DLC.

It is FN awesome. Already got the first 2 achievements:
Aiding the Outcasts and The Guns of Anchorage.

Favorite new weapon, the Gauss Rifle:

All you really need to take with you is your high med status, and stealth skills.
Once in Anchorage, it quickly becomes extremely cool. I highly advise Operation: Anchorage.
bOnEs
QUOTE(§ynch @ Feb 24 2009, 06:02 PM) [snapback]1486707[/snapback]

fer real, sportin' the reilly's rangers armor, red's bandana, and i'm guessing the xuanlong rifle?? biggrin.gif...

i thought i'd post my character again because i think he looks badass himself biggrin.gif...

i should take some new photos someday soon... i've come up with some really cool clothing combinations within the last week of playing fallout 3, which was last week, lol biggrin.gif... i think the grimy businesswear and the lincoln hat makes my evil guy look a little creepy... or exchanging the grimy business suit with tenpenny's suit makes him look like a circus ringleader laugh.gif...
§ynch
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Feb 24 2009, 03:27 PM) [snapback]1486714[/snapback]

fer real, sportin' the reilly's rangers armor, red's bandana, and i'm guessing the xuanlong rifle?? biggrin.gif...

I don't know why but I could never get into the Xuanlong, it just doesn't differ that much from the
regular Chinese Assault Rifle. Now the Zhu-Rong v418, that is different. Fires the incindiary shell,
igniting any target on impact. Great for gas filled rooms as well. The research behind the weapon
written up at the LOB building makes it even more exciting to find it, being a pyromaniac that is. cool.gif

But there is NOTHING like the Gauss Rifle, and the Chinese stealth suits the Crimson Dragons wear.
Plus you get to keep them for the regular game, imagine, not having to ever use a stealth boy,
just crouch as usual and the suit instantly goes into stealth boy invisibility. That rules.

TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Feb 24 2009, 05:27 PM) [snapback]1486714[/snapback]

Nah, just the regular Chinaman Rifle.
bOnEs
QUOTE(§ynch @ Feb 24 2009, 07:10 PM) [snapback]1486722[/snapback]
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Feb 24 2009, 03:27 PM) [snapback]1486714[/snapback]

I don't know why but I could never get into the Xuanlong, it just doesn't differ that much from the
regular Chinese Assault Rifle. Now the Zhu-Rong v418, that is different. Fires the incindiary shell,
igniting any target on impact. Great for gas filled rooms as well. The research behind the weapon
written up at the LOB building makes it even more exciting to find it, being a pyromaniac that is. cool.gif

But there is NOTHING like the Gauss Rifle, and the Chinese stealth suits the Crimson Dragons wear.
Plus you get to keep them for the regular game, imagine, not having to ever use a stealth boy,
just crouch as usual and the suit instantly goes into stealth boy invisibility. That rules.

lol, i've got like 50 stealth boys... i don't even think i used one at all on my evil file... his sneaking skills became so good early on that, i had no problems in that department, at any point in the game (made sneak a tag skill back in the vault)... that's cool that you can keep the DLC items, even after leaving the simulation... makes me wish i had a strong enough PC to run this game...

my guy never took the pyromaniac perk so, the zhu-rong would of been a pretty weak weapon for me since it's base damage was that of a crappy pistol... the only cool added bonus would of been setting enemies on fire but, wouldn't of been worthy enough of a main weapon for my guy... but, every character build is different so, i can see where it benefits you... the xuanlong was my weapon of choice for a long period of time because i had so much ammo, and my guy was pretty accurate with it... but, once i started getting better unique weapons (blachawk, terrible shotgun, sydney's SMG), i gave the xuanlong to clover to upgrade her offensive firepower biggrin.gif...
Massacre
Does anyone know what the experience breakdown is? I've done a ton of exploring, but quest-wise, I'm only at the tail-end of Blood Ties, and I haven't even hit level 3 yet. I haven't played an RPG since Pokemon Red when I was ten, so I'm a little RPG-tarded. Also, is there something I'm missing with the combat? I'm unusually bad at killing things.
bOnEs
you just gotta start killing a bunch of enemies to level up... you should run into plenty exploring the wastes, or inside buildings and caves... it's the only way to really level up... and there's so many enemies in the game that leveling up shouldn't be a problem at all...

with killing - are you using VATS as often as you can? also, since your still early in your leveling, it's prey best to get as close to your enemies as possible to improve your accuracy... once you start leveling and improving your weapon skills, you'll be able to shoot targets from a greater distance...

hope some of that helped...
PabloHoneyOle
Most of my XP has come from killing things (hunting down raiders); collecting Scrap Metal and Pre-War books and completing missions (more side missions than main quest so far).

Don't know the breakdown, but I also have that perk that doubles your XP. Not really recommended, I'm leveling up like fucking whoa. Next playthrough will be more well planned and executed.
DiO
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Feb 24 2009, 06:27 PM) [snapback]1486714[/snapback]

i thought i'd post my character again because i think he looks badass himself biggrin.gif...

i should take some new photos someday soon... i've come up with some really cool clothing combinations within the last week of playing fallout 3, which was last week, lol biggrin.gif... i think the grimy businesswear and the lincoln hat makes my evil guy look a little creepy... or exchanging the grimy business suit with tenpenny's suit makes him look like a circus ringleader laugh.gif...

Your black?
bOnEs
QUOTE(BAB WALTON @ Feb 25 2009, 01:34 PM) [snapback]1486899[/snapback]

Your black?

yea... black guys are evil, and my character is evil... it was a match made in hell laugh.gif...
DiO
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Feb 25 2009, 01:39 PM) [snapback]1486902[/snapback]
QUOTE(BAB WALTON @ Feb 25 2009, 01:34 PM) [snapback]1486899[/snapback]

Your black?

yea... black guys are evil, and my character is evil... it was a match made in hell laugh.gif...

I lol'd. I want this game.
PabloHoneyOle
yea... black guys are evil, and my character is evil... it was a match made in hell

I heard it was actually the darkness of their souls which made their skin color dark.
Massacre
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Feb 25 2009, 03:07 PM) [snapback]1486958[/snapback]
yea... black guys are evil, and my character is evil... it was a match made in hell

I heard it was actually the darkness of their souls which made their skin color dark.

Stoic that's the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard!

Black people don't have souls.
DiO
QUOTE(Massacre @ Feb 25 2009, 03:22 PM) [snapback]1486964[/snapback]
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Feb 25 2009, 03:07 PM) [snapback]1486958[/snapback]

Stoic that's the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard!

Black people don't have souls.

I lol'd pretty good right tharr.
PabloHoneyOle
Massacre, I totally forgot that fun factoid.

LOL'd hard.
TwoFacedTanner
Just throwing this out there.
Tranquility Lane is the best quest ever.
Other than the dinner party one in Oblivion.
bOnEs
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Feb 25 2009, 03:57 PM) [snapback]1486977[/snapback]

yea, that's a fun little quest... its a lot more funner as an evil character biggrin.gif... i was constantly impressing braun with my go-getter attitude towards his little games... just about every little game he wanted you to do was full of fun for me!! lol, i told the little kid that his parents were gonna send him off to military school and i made him cry... lol!! laugh.gif...
Massacre
I finally got around to finishing Blood Ties, but after getting The Family's trust (and the password for Ian's cell), I unloaded on them. There is so much shit to steal from them after they're dead. I got the Shishkebob, the Vampire's Edge, tons of caps and ammo, new armor, and I'm almost at level four now. Best of all, my Karma's still neutral! That was way better than solving it peacefully, I'm satisfied.

I'd also like to add that after getting back to Arefu, Brailee Ewers offered me a chocolate chip cookie, and gave me a tin can. laugh.gif
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Feb 25 2009, 03:18 PM) [snapback]1486982[/snapback]
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Feb 25 2009, 03:57 PM) [snapback]1486977[/snapback]

yea, that's a fun little quest... its a lot more funner as an evil character biggrin.gif... i was constantly impressing braun with my go-getter attitude towards his little games... just about every little game he wanted you to do was full of fun for me!! lol, i told the little kid that his parents were gonna send him off to military school and i made him cry... lol!! laugh.gif...

Haha I'm a saint and I still did it evil style.

And the Military school, I did that before I talked to betty, so when I went up to her, she was like "I didnt think you wanted to play..."

I was like what the hell!?
Then a whole series of fun missions were laid upon me.

Let see if you get this bOnEs...its two words:
Roller Skate.

That was the coolest thing eever!
TheAnalogKid2112
Niggers
PabloHoneyOle
Finished GNR Radio and Stealing Independence last night. Spent over in hour in the Museum and almost 2 hours in the National Archives (fucking robots). Collected mad prewar money to scatter around my Megaton pad to impress the bitches.

I loved downtown DC, especially the mall area. I'm not scared of the Super Mutants anymore; I can run and gun them no problem. Even take on a few at a time. I'm not fucking scared. Plus, I'm a level 18 now, I think I leveled up way too quick, next time I won't bother with the perk that doubles XP.

I'm already planning my 2nd (and 3rd) playthroughs. I'll definitely concentrate on building other stats earlier (repair, science, lockpick, small guns). This playthrough, I have a melee/explosive/medicine heavy character (didn't realize the importance of the G.O.A.T. initially and should have adjusted my stats upon leaving the vault). I'm really enjoying this playthrough, just seeing alot of things I could have done differently.
bOnEs
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Feb 26 2009, 09:54 AM) [snapback]1487146[/snapback]
Finished GNR Radio and Stealing Independence last night. Spent over in hour in the Museum and almost 2 hours in the National Archives (fucking robots). Collected mad prewar money to scatter around my Megaton pad to impress the bitches.

I loved downtown DC, especially the mall area. I'm not scared of the Super Mutants anymore; I can run and gun them no problem. Even take on a few at a time. I'm not fucking scared. Plus, I'm a level 18 now, I think I leveled up way too quick, next time I won't bother with the perk that doubles XP.

I'm already planning my 2nd (and 3rd) playthroughs. I'll definitely concentrate on building other stats earlier (repair, science, lockpick, small guns). This playthrough, I have a melee/explosive/medicine heavy character (didn't realize the importance of the G.O.A.T. initially and should have adjusted my stats upon leaving the vault). I'm really enjoying this playthrough, just seeing alot of things I could have done differently.

yea, that's the beauty of this game... it's a multi-palythrough investment... well worth the 60 bucks...
Let see if you get this bOnEs...its two words:
Roller Skate.

i do get it!! i didn't realize the different options that were available in that little quest when i did it myself... i just used the terminal... i guess i could of used a chandelier too, which would of been kickass too biggrin.gif...
§ynch
My Review - Operation: Anchorage

In a word: Awesome

I just went online to XBoxLIVE, purchased, it updated,
then I loaded up a good save before my game # 3 ending.
No problems at all, just download and go to a save, and load her up.

Game Play
This is just like Fallout 3, in the beginning, where you will receive
the Outcast distress signal, move to the zone, and fight mutants.
From the Anchorage Memorial, tune in to your PipBoy3000 radio, and
and head to Bailey's Crossing Metro Station, near the Red Racer Factory.
Upon arrival, you will be aiding the Outcasts in wasting mutants.
Once you have cleared the area, taking note to NOT hit the Outcasts,
you will be granted a special access to the base below, via elevator.
There you learn they have discovered a tech-filled armory that they
need access to, but cannot without your help, thanks to your PipBoy3000.
The Outcasts have you entering a sim chamber to complete, which will
allow access to the armory. Complete the simulation, and we're in.

Now on to the job of taking on the Chinese. You are dropped in the high
cliffs of freezing Alaska, and need to make your way down to the base
where the Chinese have taken control of 3 artillery there. Take out
the artillery, and there is plenty of power-ups along the way like health & ammo.
This is a very cool addition to the game, since your enemies vanish instantly upon death.
That means you cannot loot them at all, and must use the free power-ups provided.

Once this is completed you are promoted to squad leader of a strike force team.
You will have your pick of members, and their specialties, as well as your own.
There are 3 main targets here, the Chimera Depot, Listening Station, and Pulse Shields.
It doesn't matter which route you take but the commander recommends the
Depot or Listening Station first, taking on the Pulse Field and Shields last, for the win.

These are epic exclusive missions, and each target has its awesome challenges.
The one thing that I recommend right from the beginning, is notice the new items
that are collectible, the Intel Cases. You'll need to gather all 10/10 for the benefits!

The Rewards:

Final Total Achievements:
Aiding the Outcasts
The Guns of Anchorage
Paving the Way
Operation: Anchorage

After completing the DLC, the Outcasts use you to enter the fort with technology.

If you collected all 10/10 Intel: The devastating Gauss Rifle and Chinese Stealth Armor are your to keep!

Otherwise, the armory includes:

The special apparels T51-B Winterized Armor, and Neural Interface Suit.

Also the Chinese Commander's special magnetic sword, Jingwei's Shocksword.

My guess is for completing the entire storyline, you'll get his sword, and your regular Trench Knife.

I did everything, so I got everything, and walked out of there with an additional
1,000 lbs of other weaponry, armor, ammo, and goods!!! Unbelievable, this was SO cool.

Once completed also Bailey's Crossing and the Outcast Outpost are still enterable,
in case you want to go back. The DLC is also re-playable. I've re-played it like 4 times now.

I highly advise this DLC for any Fallout 3 die hard fan like me. It is excellent.
It's worth it for the Gauss Rifle and Chinese Stealth Armor alone, which you
can use in your regular game after completion of Operation: Anchorage.
That gun and the stealth suit are SO fucking awesome.
Massacre
I was thinking about downloading this sometime soon. Would it be worth it to play the DLC and get the rifle and armor early in my game, or does it matter?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.