Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fallout Series
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
§ynch
QUOTE(Asthenia @ Dec 4 2008, 09:12 AM) [snapback]1473888[/snapback]
Still got my BB gun, with 37 BB's.

...what? I might run out of ammo for ALL my other guns.

yarite. Does anyone know where I can find a big (I'm talking hundreds) stash of .44 bullets? I've got access to 3-Dog's cache (alternate route on some missions), or places that might have a good few stacks at least... I'm always running out of .44 ammo, 70 bullets doesn't last me long. Less than an hour.

I didn't know they were rare.
Flak n Shrapnel always have them as well as Tulip.
You could always kill that child molester Billy Creed
for his side arm, and whatever ammo he's got.

Rivet City:
When you go into the devastated western part of the ship
(Lockpick skill=100) there are 4 metal ammo boxes full of
.44 rounds, as well as the scoped magnum sitting on a shelf.

Locations:

Raid Shack, east of Fairfax Ruins.
Paradise Falls "Locked and Loaded".
Lady Furlington's Fashions in DuPont Circle, in the safe.
Vault-TEC Headquarters, men's bathroom 2nd floor.
asthenia
/cries I've had them all for their ammo. I'm like a savage, a savage I tell thee!
bOnEs
i just stopped using mine for a while and eventually got my ammo count up to 250... plus, i got that "perk" that gives out more ammo when scrounging around in boxes... but yea, i just started using my 10mm SMG for a while, putting my .44 in the cabinet... and i haven't had to worry about .44 ammo in quite some time now... but seriously the modified .44, the blackhawk, is THE BEST weapon in the game IMO... i left my regular .44 on the shelf until i got the modified version... hence all the ammo...

...a problem i have though is i have found ONLY 1 sniper rifle in the entire game!! so, i have to keep getting moria to repair it... and really, it's not helping much... i need to find another one so i can repair it myself (85 repair skill w/ utility jumpsuit on) and bring back its power... any tips? the only one i've found was in minefield, off the dead body of arkansas biggrin.gif...
asthenia
10mm SMG? I think I left it on a feral somewhere. After struggling to blow his brains out with it.

Ps. Don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet, but has anyone got the feral ghoul mask? I love it.
bOnEs
nah, i would of had to of done some evil evil stuff to get that mask biggrin.gif... i plan on getting one in my next play-through though since i plan on blowing up megaton and plenty of other things for evil karma...
asthenia
I [spoiler]just helped the Ghouls move into tenpenny tower. The people who didn't like it left, but no one cares about them. TTower is much happier now.[/spoiler]
bOnEs
[spoiler]i heard that eventually roy phillips kills every human in tennpenny tower so even those who are left, will eventually die at the hands of roy and his gang... which is why i would love to help him rid the town of pre-war lunatics biggrin.gif... that quest and the blowing up of megeton quest sound like the coolest evil missions... and also the whole paradise falls slave traders quest too[/spoiler]... those are the reason why i really want to play this a second time...

EDIT: waddya think of my new signature?! the idea just hit me with my name in the bottom corner... i wasn't even planning on it till i saw the actual fallout 3 logo had a lightning bolt through the "O" laugh.gif...
asthenia
FUCK. Why did I highlight that spoiler? That is so cool.

Yeah I do like your sig man, I was admiring it after my last post. The O is very classy. wink.gif
bOnEs
haha, that's what spoiler boxes do... they spoil the surprise laugh.gif... but yea, that's why [spoiler]it doesn't hurt to just kill em all with roy instead of convincing them to live together... i think too if you didn't get the tennpenny suite from the megaton quest, you get it for helping roy KILL ALL HUMANS!! unless you have the megaton shack of course[/spoiler]... too bad you can't have both...

thanks, i wasted a couple hours here at work on that sig laugh.gif...
TheAnalogKid2112
bOnEs.. You're a graphics genius. Awesome sig/ava. Although the ava isn't really custom haha. I dig the sig though.
bOnEs
thanks biggrin.gif... i am sure i'll be changing my avatar to something else though... probably nothing to do with fallout but, something else for sure...

i was looking at the fallout wikia site and i noticed that i only have 2 side quests left to do!! at least there are some minor quests i can still accomplish but, i've got about 4 1/2 main quests to do... i guess it's time to start tackling the main quest again laugh.gif...
§ynch
QUOTE(Asthenia @ Dec 4 2008, 11:31 AM) [snapback]1473907[/snapback]
Ps. Don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet, but has anyone got the feral ghoul mask? I love it.
I received it after the quest. It's pretty cool but the rare one is the Goalie Ledoux hockey mask,
from the Nuka Cola Clear formula exchange. [Red Racer Factory] Even if you wear the ghoul mask in the factory,
it doesn't fool the ghouls or doctor. L0L
The note from Winger Mercier starts the lookout for the Clear formula.
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Dec 4 2008, 10:53 AM) [snapback]1473902[/snapback]
...a problem i have though is i have found ONLY 1 sniper rifle in the entire game!!
Found more than one, and I know one was in Bethesda Ruins. [Raiders]
I took that town from an alley and used sneak, sniped the sniper.
Come to think of it there is a lot of .44 ammo there as well.
Of course if you are going negative kharma, Mr.Crowley will give you a sniper for his epic
side quest, "You Gotta Shoot 'Em in the Head".

EDIT: 2 more Sniper Rifles.
Megaton, and Hubris Comics outside area.

Found on a skeleton on a 2nd story abandoned building,
near where 3 Super Muties and 2 Brutes were guarding
a hostage. (That makes my 6th rescue) Use the Metro
station near Hubris Comics main, as a landmark.
Free the hostage, go across the street, and upstairs.
Also another 'Guns & Bullets' magazine, as well as outpost supplies.
The subway there is Raider camp so it's easy.
Sniper plus grenades and .308, 5.56, 10mm ammo.

The Megaton one is the hollowed out rock on the north exterior.
Exit Megaton, go left and follow the edge of it around.
There is a rock by 2 trees, with Sniper Rifle, supplies, and a note in it.
You'll find it by going outside around the edge of Megaton.

The note inside the hollowed out rock says:

S,
Here's that stuff you wanted.
If anyone asks where you got it --
say it was a gift from your grandma.
Happy Hunting!
-E
TheAnalogKid2112
Just ran into my first deathclaw... Damn those are strong.

Also, WTF?!?!?! I went back to him a second time after him killing me, I snuck around the mountain and he spots me. He then fucking shoots into the sky like a rocket! What the hell? Glitch? He just shot up into the sky until I couldn't see him. Then like 10 minutes later he appears behind me.. That was weird as hell.

EDIT: OMFG!!!!!!! Have any of you gotten the Kneecapper shotgun?!!!??!! I just got that from Ronald in that Nuka-Cola lady's village and shot her in the face, she fucking exploded! That was so beautiful.
§ynch
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Dec 7 2008, 09:54 PM) [snapback]1474364[/snapback]
Just ran into my first deathclaw... Damn those are strong.

Also, WTF?!?!?! I went back to him a second time after him killing me, I snuck around the mountain and he spots me. He then fucking shoots into the sky like a rocket! What the hell? Glitch? He just shot up into the sky until I couldn't see him. Then like 10 minutes later he appears behind me.. That was weird as hell.

EDIT: OMFG!!!!!!! Have any of you gotten the Kneecapper shotgun?!!!??!! I just got that from Ronald in that Nuka-Cola lady's village and shot her in the face, she fucking exploded! That was so beautiful.

L0L yeah the Kneecapper is great. I got it when I sold him the nightwear from Grady.
Tried the infinite money glitch, steal it back from him and sell it to him again
but he didn't like that and started shooting. Thing has got some power.
My favorite new weapon is the Shocker Glove. Electron/Pulse melee weapon,
different than the pneumatic Power Fist and Fisto.

Dude if you like Deathclaws you'll have a blast in the Deathclaw Sanctuary.
Wait until the Enclave are in the game, then there will be an officer with
another rare weapon to get, at the cave. (Besides the Vengeance)

The Shocker comes with its own manual from the manufacturer!
Shocker Glove
Dear Consumer;
Thank you for participating in the exciting Shocker Glove pilot program.
You're receiving a prototype FSGv118-b model of the Shocker Glove.
Please reference this prototype number in any future correspondence.
We encourage you to make this prototype a part of your daily life,
and look forward to your valuable feedback. Thanks from all of us
at the Shocker Glove R&D Team!

PS: Shocker Glove prototypes are not for use in water, public,
near small children or domesticated animals. This is not a kitchen
appliance and should not be used near uncooked food. Use of Shocker Glove
prototype constitutes a binding agreement to hold manufacturer harmless for
any and all legal purposes. During prolonged use, severe electrical burns
may occur. Do not look directly at Shocker Glove while operating. Some prototype
models have proven sensitive to certain radio frequencies during use.
If you suspect radio interference, please submit a malfunction report listing
FCC broadcast frequencies in operation at the time, and report to nearest
emergency medical facility in your area.

bOnEs
...so i got back to megaton after getting about half-way to lamplight... i returned to unload some items i had collected... i was almost overweight so i thought i'd head back and unload all of it... well, when i got done i figured i'd just kill everyone in megaton but not save, just for kicks and giggles... well, i did just that except i couldn't kill lucas simms kid... i chased him into the mens bathroom to try and finish him off, which you can't... next thing i realize, i walked into another building, thus initiating the autosave... i was PISSED!! my original save file is about 3 hours behind!! now i have to go all the way back to that save...

i learned my lesson... if your gonna go apeshit, remember to turn off autosave, dammit laugh.gif... i thought i'd be smart enough to realize i didn't turn it off... i guess i should never trust myself laugh.gif...
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Dec 8 2008, 08:10 AM) [snapback]1474378[/snapback]
...so i got back to megaton after getting about half-way to lamplight... i returned to unload some items i had collected... i was almost overweight so i thought i'd head back and unload all of it... well, when i got done i figured i'd just kill everyone in megaton but not save, just for kicks and giggles... well, i did just that except i couldn't kill lucas simms kid... i chased him into the mens bathroom to try and finish him off, which you can't... next thing i realize, i walked into another building, thus initiating the autosave... i was PISSED!! my original save file is about 3 hours behind!! now i have to go all the way back to that save...

i learned my lesson... if your gonna go apeshit, remember to turn off autosave, dammit laugh.gif... i thought i'd be smart enough to realize i didn't turn it off... i guess i should never trust myself laugh.gif...

LOL! No, when I go apeshit, I manually save beforehand. Then I can return to the manual save and eventually autosave will overwrite it.
asthenia
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Dec 8 2008, 11:56 PM) [snapback]1474431[/snapback]
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Dec 8 2008, 08:10 AM) [snapback]1474378[/snapback]

LOL! No, when I go apeshit, I manually save beforehand. Then I can return to the manual save and eventually autosave will overwrite it.

Hells yeah, always gotta manual save before something like that. Don't switch off Autosave, you might just find out you do something good in your bout of apeshit and wanna carry on from that point. (It's happened to me a good few times)
bOnEs
...the only thing i will have to re-do is the whole scrounging through the citadel again, and talking to everyone again... lots of ammo, power fists, and there was a TON of sugar bombs, and of course there's that ghoul you can sell those to... i wasted a good hour and a half in there before i went apeshit and killed off megaton... my last save file is at the door of the mechanists lair... that was the last quest i took on before the citadel so, i am not in that bad of shape... i just have to replay the whole "gambit" quest (which my save actually got me through the tough part already), and re-do the conversations and stuff at the citadel but, now that i know what most conversations offered, i might try some evil dialog options biggrin.gif...

so yea, it's a bitch that i have to re-do it but, even though the file is about 2-3 hours behind, it's not like i have a lot to re-do... i'm just an idiot for not saving beforehand...
asthenia
Tought part? There's a tough part in Fallout 3?

I need to play this quest.
§ynch
Superhuman Gambit - the easiest and silliest quest in the game.
After taking out fire ants and the queen's guards in 'those', the AntAngonist is easy.

Has anyone done Regnak inside the Comics building? These developers are true RPG geeks.
bOnEs
QUOTE(Asthenia @ Dec 9 2008, 12:09 PM) [snapback]1474479[/snapback]

well, there was a few sentry bots in the robot factory... those are what i consider the tough parts laugh.gif... with a few well placed grenades they're easy to take down but, their armor is tough as hell so, that was the only challenge of this quest... the ant-antagonizer's lair is TONS more easier to navigate biggrin.gif... all i needed in there was the combat shotgun...

and i DO want the armor these fools wear... they're just silly looking laugh.gif...
§ynch
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Dec 9 2008, 09:43 AM) [snapback]1474485[/snapback]

well, there was a few sentry bots in the robot factory... those are what i consider the tough parts

Most of then are asleep until you activate the upload for Moira.
I just hacked the terminal in the room there, and then they are under your control.
They walk around saying "Move-Along-Please" L0L
I think I had to kill maybe 3 getting upstairs to the computer room.
Just use or Pulse Grenades, Plasma Rifle, or Gatling Laser.

I like the Tesla Armor.
Supposedly the best armor in the game is at the ICBM launch facility.
(Mr.Crowley heads for there to retrieve it) T51b armor or some name like that.

bOnEs
QUOTE(§ynch @ Dec 9 2008, 01:26 PM) [snapback]1474489[/snapback]
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Dec 9 2008, 09:43 AM) [snapback]1474485[/snapback]

well, there was a few sentry bots in the robot factory... those are what i consider the tough parts

Most of then are asleep until you activate the upload for Moira.
I just hacked the terminal in the room there, and then they are under your control.
They walk around saying "Move-Along-Please" L0L
I think I had to kill maybe 3 getting upstairs to the computer room.
Just use or Pulse Grenades, Plasma Rifle, or Gatling Laser.

I like the Tesla Armor.
Supposedly the best armor in the game is at the ICBM launch facility.
(Mr.Crowley heads for there to retrieve it) T51b armor or some name like that.

ohh no, not the robco factory... i'm talking about the little robot shop by canterbury commons laugh.gif... the one your talking about is the last quest i have left for moria... and i might go tackle that before the citadel... and i might finish up the nuka-cola challenge as well... but no, i was still talking about the superhuman gambit quest laugh.gif... those sentry bots...

EDIT: and i suck at hacking terminals... even ones that are very easy, i still struggle with... i guess i can't play that mini-game very good at all... so, if i hack anything with success, it's just luck... and if i can't guess it after a few tries i just give up, and try again maybe once more before walking away... i donn't understand why these are so hard... i know how to figure them out, there's just too many words to choose from i guess...
asthenia
It's hard to do it on a TV screen I find. If I put them on paper I can pick out the right one in seconds, but I'm not writing down all those words every time I want to hack something.
§ynch
QUOTE(Asthenia @ Dec 9 2008, 12:06 PM) [snapback]1474503[/snapback]
It's hard to do it on a TV screen I find. If I put them on paper I can pick out the right one in seconds, but I'm not writing down all those words every time I want to hack something.

That's it - it's a visual thing.
4 more and I'll have the hacking achievement - but it's not from doing it the way they like.
It's 50% luck and guessing. Later I started visualizing the words, 3 out of 8 letters correct, etc.
Looks good on paper after I copied down a few. I had to get good because of the bobby pins
breaking, and even at 100% Lockpick, it seems half the computer terminals just unlock the
safes and boxes that have to be picked. So now I hack to save the bobby pins L0L.

Also started a bobby pin trick, like backing out of hacking after 3rd try, I back off the bobby pin after 2.
Then start again its like its a brand new undamaged bobby pin.
bOnEs
QUOTE(§ynch @ Dec 9 2008, 03:54 PM) [snapback]1474511[/snapback]
QUOTE(Asthenia @ Dec 9 2008, 12:06 PM) [snapback]1474503[/snapback]

That's it - it's a visual thing.
4 more and I'll have the hacking achievement - but it's not from doing it the way they like.
It's 50% luck and guessing. Later I started visualizing the words, 3 out of 8 letters correct, etc.
Looks good on paper after I copied down a few. I had to get good because of the bobby pins
breaking, and even at 100% Lockpick, it seems half the computer terminals just unlock the
safes and boxes that have to be picked. So now I hack to save the bobby pins L0L.

Also started a bobby pin trick, like backing out of hacking after 3rd try, I back off the bobby pin after 2.
Then start again its like its a brand new undamaged bobby pin.

i've never had a problem with picking locks... even the ones that are very hard... i might break a few bobby pins but, i always get the locks open... plus, i got more pins than i know what to do with... never tried forcing a lock neither...

but, i try to visualize the word on the screen too... i see that i have 3 of the letters right but, when i make my next selection, it'll drop down to just 2 letters correct... i don't know, i hate the terminal thing really... too many words and not enough attempts... if they would give you like 6 chances, maybe i could get em more often but, i think i've only hacked 3 total computers...
§ynch
My first was Moriarty's, and after reading all the *true* info on people, I've never stopped.

Jenny Stahl's is interesting if you know Leo's secret.

The best one is Reilly's, where she details her naughty secret.

For service information, I would hack all the computers you can.
Sometimes like in the Citadel Lab terminals it seems like reading forever.
Plus after completing Regnak at the Comic building, these guys really
put a lot of detail into the computer information.

QUOTE(bOnEs @ Dec 9 2008, 11:35 AM) [snapback]1474499[/snapback]
ohh no, not the robco factory... i'm talking about the little robot shop by canterbury commons laugh.gif...
but no, i was still talking about the superhuman gambit quest laugh.gif... those sentry bots...

You killed the good guy?

I speeched the kid Derek, he gives you their info,
and the Mechanist doesn't hurt innocent people.
After killing the AntAgonist you present the Mechanist with
her armor and receive quite the nice reward, besides the
ridiculous caravan deal that the sheriff has going on.
bOnEs
yea, i read reilly's big secret too but, i don't think that computer was locked... otherwise i would of never of read it... her secret was [spoiler]sleeping with one of her fellow rangers, right?[/spoiler]... i do read every terminal i pass if it's accessible without a password though... you do get lots of information if your willing to read all of it... most of the info isn't really relevant but, most of it gives you an idea of who your dealing with, or what happened in the past, before the war... there's lots of pre-war terminals still working...

the locked ones i do read though are the ones that i found a password for... like moriaty's terminal... i found his password in that little back room he is usally in... i just waited till he left the room and did some stealing laugh.gif...
§ynch
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Dec 9 2008, 03:21 PM) [snapback]1474531[/snapback]
yea, i read reilly's big secret too but, i don't think that computer was locked... otherwise i would of never of read it... her secret was [spoiler]sleeping with one of her fellow rangers, right?[/spoiler]... i do read every terminal i pass if it's accessible without a password though... you do get lots of information if your willing to read all of it... most of the info isn't really relevant but, most of it gives you an idea of who your dealing with, or what happened in the past, before the war... there's lots of pre-war terminals still working...

the locked ones i do read though are the ones that i found a password for... like moriaty's terminal... i found his password in that little back room he is usally in... i just waited till he left the room and did some stealing laugh.gif...

The only time I've had a negative effect on locks/terminals/safes was Dashwood's.
If you do the Rockopolis side-quest to find Argyle, before the actual Tenpenny
ghoul quest, he will reward you with the safe key. In both cases, good kharma/reward, or
if you kill, pick-pocket him evil/negative kharma, you get negative kharma either way.
I just thought that was weird. He rewards you with the password/key and its still negative. huh.gif

But yeah all the millions of company bulletins on terminals from pre-war 2077 gets boring.

Like in GTAVC, in a cop car or law enforcement vehicle, the first time you hear dispatch say,
"We have a breakdancer with a broken back" it's hilarious, then 10 thousand times later it's like meh.
bOnEs
haha, nice sig laugh.gif...

i got my file last night back to where i was originally, minus the 2 new discovered locations near lamplight... i'll get those when i continue my quest over there again... but, i am actually glad i had to restart... i was able to play out the whole "superhuman gambit" in a totally different way than before... i didn't even need to go into the antagonizers lair... i choose the option this time of fighting together and the ant lady showed up at the robot repair center, with her ants of course laugh.gif... so, i was able to take her out and still convince the mechanist to retire and give up his suit... i was afraid i wasn't gonna be able to get the mechanists suit that way but, it still worked out...

also, when i went back to the citadel, i found additional power fists, these badass tortoiseshell sunglasses, a book i didn't find the first time, and i was also successful at hacking the little kids computer... i discovered that he's in love with sentinel lyons laugh.gif... too bad there wasn't an option to harass him over that secret information, lol... plus, i ran into this dude named gallows... apparently there was some sort of pool going where other BOS were trying to figure out his real name... i failed the speech chance with him to tell me and now i won't be able to get in on the pool... ohh, and i also initiated the trade option with the BOS...

geez, i missed a lot my first time through the citadel... which begs the question, how much other stuff have i missed in my previous quests and discoveries that are long past?? probably a lot laugh.gif...
§ynch
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Dec 10 2008, 09:43 AM) [snapback]1474599[/snapback]
haha, nice sig laugh.gif...

i got my file last night back to where i was originally, minus the 2 new discovered locations near lamplight... i'll get those when i continue my quest over there again... but, i am actually glad i had to restart... i was able to play out the whole "superhuman gambit" in a totally different way than before... i didn't even need to go into the antagonizers lair... i choose the option this time of fighting together and the ant lady showed up at the robot repair center, with her ants of course laugh.gif... so, i was able to take her out and still convince the mechanist to retire and give up his suit... i was afraid i wasn't gonna be able to get the mechanists suit that way but, it still worked out...

also, when i went back to the citadel, i found additional power fists, these badass tortoiseshell sunglasses, a book i didn't find the first time, and i was also successful at hacking the little kids computer... i discovered that he's in love with sentinel lyons laugh.gif... too bad there wasn't an option to harass him over that secret information, lol... plus, i ran into this dude named gallows... apparently there was some sort of pool going where other BOS were trying to figure out his real name... i failed the speech chance with him to tell me and now i won't be able to get in on the pool... ohh, and i also initiated the trade option with the BOS...

geez, i missed a lot my first time through the citadel... which begs the question, how much other stuff have i missed in my previous quests and discoveries that are long past?? probably a lot laugh.gif...

Yeah dude I was wondering why you made all those trips with loot,
FROM the Citadel, when you just go behind the armory and sell it all to her.
Quite convenient if you ask me, where they offer you to take everything,
then you go right close to sell it all back to them.
That's the first things I did there, get Lyons to allow me armor training and trading rights.
You can try and re-guess that guys name again. There is a Paladin who gives you
the way to find out basically.

2 of my friends who have completed the storyline (and are pissed off at the only possible endings)
told me that they both speeched the AntAngonist as well as the Mechanist.
Where I sided with one or the other, they speeched them both, and got
both costumes plus the caps. All I knew was that you can sell the Ant armor to the Mechanist.
I had discovered both the Robot Repair Center and the Ant Lair before I even did the side quest.
The quest is actually about Roe managing the caravans. Haven't seen any of those caravan guys
in the game in weeks. Everyone in Megaton is long gone as well. That's another thing man, if
you discover some certain places *before* a main storyline mission like I did, you run the risk
of not getting the achievement for passing that mission. Next play-through I'll be more careful.
(Don't destroy certain factory equipment/kill certain robots/gather certain holotapes L0L)

Still you definitely should do the entire map. I've found mini-quests that aren't on
any page of the Fallout Wiki or any Fallout Forums. After I got the Level 20 final perk
that shows you every location, just go to them. There are so many places that aren't on
the map to discover as well. Like last night I found the FOB building, which seems
to be a cover up for an armory, or something about defense, and it is loaded with stuff and Mr.Gutsy's.
The National Guard was my original intention but got side tracked out of Church Falls.
Church Falls is where you help the BoS Paladin rescue initiative Pek for 100 caps.
I don't need money at 27,000 caps, but the good kharma and mini-missions are worth it.

Still have to do Agatha for your Blackhawk weapon, that vault I haven't been in yet.
If you like the Power Fist you'll love the Fisto and Shocker Glove.

Got the achievement for killing the 5 Behemoths! cool.gif
bOnEs
i got freaked out a couple times during the "agatha" quest... something about 5 mirlurks coming towards you that does that laugh.gif... make sure though when you return with the music sheet(s) that you ask for a reward... i've read that if you don't you can never get the blackhawk...

i'm still at level 18 so, i got a while before i can get that level 20 perk... but i am totally gonna get that so i can visit all the locations... hell, there's locations i've discovered that i haven't even explored yet... but, i need to reach level 20 before i start anymore main quest missions since i've read that i am on the final stretch of quests and they start moving rather quickly...

about the loot comment: i actually haven't sold items to anyone in quite some time... i just take em all back to my megaton house and keep em in storage... that way when i get to level 20, and basically near the end of the game, i can use that save file to do whatever i want, and use whatever items i want, and wear whatever i want, and etc... i really wanted to do trade with the BOS because, i wanted to see what their inventory was... which wasn't much... but, i stopped selling items when i reached 2,000 caps and already owned all the house upgrades... money has become useless at this stage in the game since i already have pretty much everything i need... i mainly just use money to buy ammo these days...

and come to think of it, i invested i think 200 caps into the armor caravan from uncle roe but, i have yet to run into the armor caravan... so, that was like a waste of caps biggrin.gif... i don't even need armor anymore... what with the power armor suits and reilly's rangers combat armor... hell, i don't even need guns anymore... my house is loaded with weapons, and plenty of the same too for use in repairs...

whats your armor setup? do you always wear the same thing? usually in combat or indoors i wear reilly's combat armor and a combat helmet... however, when i am exploring the wasteland, i wear a stormchaser hat(+1 PER) and vance's longcoat (+1 CHR +1 PER +10 small guns)... it resembles the regulator duster and lucas simms sheriff outfit... i love the stormchaser hat and vance setup for the wastes because they allow me to spot enemies from a much greater distance... plus, the setup looks cool laugh.gif... i had to kill vance to get it biggrin.gif... i figured that they already hated me anyways for getting caught stealing ammo so, i went back there and killed em all laugh.gif... and then i noticed that vance's armor is quite useful... it was well worth murdering them all and hearing three dog mention it every 10 minutes for the armor laugh.gif...
§ynch
Mostly I still use the Tesla Armor. I like the BoS and Enclave as well. You mentioned glasses
awhile back. Over in DuPont there is "Lady Furlington's Fashions" another 1-room full of goodies.
My girl looked gangster in the Pre-War Hat and Tortoise Shell Glasses L0L.
But usually she's either in Tesla, or BoS Armor. Real straight shooter.
Previously used Talon, Combat (Reilly's type) and Metal, that one looked like a Knights of the Round table kind of....
Still have all the Vault 101 armor(s) and helmet(s) and the 2 advanced 101 suits,
one from Moira for the Wasteland Survival Guide and one from the new Vault 101 overseer.
(From the side quest "Trouble on the Homefront")

I agree about money, and what I do is use the NPC trades.
Winthrop in the Underworld for Scrap metal, and the Outcast Paladin
at Fort Independance for technology. Since they both pay in stuff,
I think that's how I ended up with 400 Stimpacks and 100's of grenades and Radaway.
Each thing I turn in, and that's been a lot, the Outcast also pays in grenades.
Murphy for Sugar Bombs still, Reilly for GPS coordinates. Funny you mentioned Vance,
I just went back to "visit" the Family last night. They seem to really like her L0L.
If you killed him, you probably have his rare sword from his cabinet.

Good idea on the save! Lots of everything. Did you get into Sydney's laptop?
She was dead after the first wave of Mutants, so I got her gun, and forgot to present her with
the holotape from her father (To Moonbeam). So I never got access to her laptop.

I want to try that white noise trick to sonic slam the lurks. laugh.gif
bOnEs
i don't think that was a rare sword (vance's sword)... i think it was called the chinese officers sword and i have about 3 or 4 of them in my megaton storage...

lol, i have about 10 101 jumpsuits laugh.gif... i completely looted that place when i went back for a quest.... found schematics for the rock-it launcher there as well...

not sure where i could find sydney's terminal though... and she didn't die for me... i saved her back at the archives, and helped her all the way to rivet city and then to the underworld... is her terminal in underworld now? i should actually go back to underworld because, i heard she is now a trader there... i need to see what she has to offer...

EDIT: ha, last night i think i got the terminal hacking down finally!! i was thinking that when they told me i had 2/5 correct, i didn't know they meant i had two letters in the correct spot... i thought they meant i had two of the 5 letters correct... hell, i've been hacking like CRAZY ever since i figured it out... the only problem is i didn't invest many points into my science skill laugh.gif... it's currently at 50, and i don't think i'll be able to get it up to 75 with just two more level ups left and plenty of other stats i want to fill like lock pick to 100 (almost there!)...
§ynch
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Dec 11 2008, 08:52 AM) [snapback]1474696[/snapback]
i don't think that was a rare sword (vance's sword)... i think it was called the chinese officers sword and i have about 3 or 4 of them in my megaton storage...

lol, i have about 10 101 jumpsuits laugh.gif... i completely looted that place when i went back for a quest.... found schematics for the rock-it launcher there as well...

not sure where i could find sydney's terminal though... and she didn't die for me... i saved her back at the archives, and helped her all the way to rivet city and then to the underworld... is her terminal in underworld now? i should actually go back to underworld because, i heard she is now a trader there... i need to see what she has to offer...

EDIT: ha, last night i think i got the terminal hacking down finally!! i was thinking that when they told me i had 2/5 correct, i didn't know they meant i had two letters in the correct spot... i thought they meant i had two of the 5 letters correct... hell, i've been hacking like CRAZY ever since i figured it out... the only problem is i didn't invest many points into my science skill laugh.gif... it's currently at 50, and i don't think i'll be able to get it up to 75 with just two more level ups left and plenty of other stats i want to fill like lock pick to 100 (almost there!)...

You'll get there, keep reading the science books.
Make sure you trade or kill Arkansas in Minefield. Take his keys.
The houses in that town are loaded with Aid-Books.
They're all locked except the one "Gibson House" er something.

Sydney had a laptop where you first met, at the ..... National Archives, is that the name?
Where you had to retrieve the Declaration of Independence.
It's where you were defending. I think that was used to play Moonbeam's holodisk.
If you didn't find the holodisk it's on her father's skeleton in a room at the Stateside
Hotel, with a suitcase. Found during the Reilly's Rangers side quest.
Nice going on the hackmastering - it's another fun challenge in the game.

You should have a dozen Vault-Gary jumpsuits as well. laugh.gif
bOnEs
yea, i've been in all the minefield houses... i don't remember getting a key off of arkansas though... but, i've looted all the houses in that area... the only thing i have not looted was this model house that requires a lock pick skill of 100 to open... must be something good in it!! biggrin.gif...
§ynch
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Dec 11 2008, 11:17 AM) [snapback]1474723[/snapback]
yea, i've been in all the minefield houses... i don't remember getting a key off of arkansas though... but, i've looted all the houses in that area... the only thing i have not looted was this model house that requires a lock pick skill of 100 to open... must be something good in it!! biggrin.gif...

Yup. There is always something good - or a surprise - in a 100 skill locked place.
Minefield should be called Gold Mine.

Speaking of.....did you get into the Megaton Armory yet? Heh-heh.... ph34r.gif

Also did you get into the National Guard? I've heard you need the Keller family holodisks,
I have a few of them but can't remember where I found them...D'OH!
TheAnalogKid2112
God damn it. The trophies got released today. They aren't retroactive. Bye-bye 25 hour game save.
bOnEs
...lol, hello new 100 hour game file!! damn, i am really at around 100 hours and i am not even a level 20 yet... about half way there... but, as soon as i reach level 20, i am gonna go ahead and finish the main story up so i can start from the beginning again... is there a list of the available trophies anywhere on the web? i'd like to see how many of them i would of earned if my current saved game counted...
§ynch
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Dec 17 2008, 08:57 AM) [snapback]1475507[/snapback]
is there a list of the available trophies anywhere on the web?

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_ac...ts_and_trophies

I'm at 33 of 50

bOnEs
haha, 31 for me... and i see about 3 or 4 of the trophies that i am close to earning too... oh well, it's really at 0 since i haven't started over yet laugh.gif... maybe by the start of next year i'll be able to tackle these trophies... or maybe i'll just start from the beginning anyways but alternate between that file and my current one...

so, i probably couldn't earn the "Last, Best Hope of Humanity - Reached Level 20 with Good Karma" trophy with my current saved game right? i'd have to earn it with a fresh new file i'm assuming... dammit and i am so close to winning that one sad.gif...
§ynch
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Dec 17 2008, 09:28 AM) [snapback]1475513[/snapback]
haha, 31 for me... and i see about 3 or 4 of the trophies that i am close to earning too... oh well, it's really at 0 since i haven't started over yet laugh.gif... maybe by the start of next year i'll be able to tackle these trophies... or maybe i'll just start from the beginning anyways but alternate between that file and my current one...

so, i probably couldn't earn the "Last, Best Hope of Humanity - Reached Level 20 with Good Karma" trophy with my current saved game right? i'd have to earn it with a fresh new file i'm assuming... dammit and i am so close to winning that one sad.gif...

Just make sure you are good or very good going into level 20.

Easy ways to boost karma:

Giving purified water to the few thirsty wastelanders (There are 5 total)

Donate to the church. Atom in Megaton or Saint Monica's in Rivet City.

Free hostages. Mutants have hostages all over the wasteland. Free them.

Assistance - Mini-quests where you assist various adult people.
From the bomb-rigged wastelanders to the ghouls to the outcast
to the BoS at Falls Church, doing assistance missions grants good karma.
bOnEs
dude no worries... i'm a fucking saint biggrin.gif... i've never had bad karma... early on i teetered around neutral because i was stealing so much stuff but, when i got to about level 10, i could murder an entire town and still be considered a saint laugh.gif...

and i did read that you can still earn trophies with your current file, which is kick ass!! too bad these trophies didn't come out a month ago when i was at level 14... could of gotten that one too laugh.gif...
FireGod
QUOTE(§ynch @ Dec 17 2008, 05:17 PM) [snapback]1475510[/snapback]

I'm at 33 of 50

Much thanks for that link,I'd be lost with out you(GofFC) wink.gif
§ynch
QUOTE(FireGod @ Dec 18 2008, 10:20 PM) [snapback]1475771[/snapback]
QUOTE(§ynch @ Dec 17 2008, 05:17 PM) [snapback]1475510[/snapback]

I'm at 33 of 50

Much thanks for that link,I'd be lost with out you(GofFC) wink.gif
FireGod!

Hey bro. smile.gif
Nice to see you in here.
The Fallout Wiki is just a few facts and such.
Don't take it to heart, like any Wiki it is user edited.
Enjoy the game!

I just scored a rare weapon called the "Vampire's Edge", it's the family leader's sword. drool.gif

FireGod
Yeah..I'm here thanks to you Synch smile.gif you advised me to use FF3 browser, I had big problem using the site with ie7... dunno why...at the time my PC was goofed a bit, all is well for awhile now.

PC has been great again, and FF3 is really better:thx btw...that Link was given to my nephew,he's going at it smile.gif
GLC
[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kf8Ae-kafF0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kf8Ae-kafF0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

OH SHI-
TheAnalogKid2112
ROFL.
ENVi3
that's hilarious
i like the part about the Power Armor
bOnEs
haha, thats an awesome video!! i watched it twice!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.