Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: map
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA Old Gen > GTA 3D > Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
2raw
i dont have vice city, nor did i ever get the chance to play it. can someone post a map? i wanna see what it looks like.
CygnusX
193 results for ''GTA Vice City Map'' in Google Image Search

http://images.google.com/images?svnum=10&h...Map&btnG=Search
Rocka91
bout 1/3 of SA
Pecnut
Pretty much all flat too.
Rocka91
QUOTE(Pecnut @ Sep 18 2005, 11:35 AM)
[right][snapback]915970[/snapback][/right]

yeah, i forgot that, no hills whatsoever.
Nanook
Vice City is a flat land, with two main islands.
If you do a simple Google search you will see all you need to know about Vice City and it's layout. Alternatively spend $5 on EBay and get the game smile.gif
skyfam
you should have it,

1/5 of SA big,but it's much better than sa
jayzamann
QUOTE(UltimateGTAGamer91 @ Sep 19 2005, 09:30 AM)

[right][snapback]917013[/snapback][/right]

Miami is flat, thats why. The flatness of the map was a stumbling block, as you could see so far into the distance, but not have it load for you.
Pecnut
QUOTE(Jayzamann @ Sep 19 2005, 10:47 AM)
QUOTE(UltimateGTAGamer91 @ Sep 19 2005, 09:30 AM)

[right][snapback]917013[/snapback][/right]

Miami is flat, thats why. The flatness of the map was a stumbling block, as you could see so far into the distance, but not have it load for you.
[right][snapback]917456[/snapback][/right]

But on the other hand, it was really great flat because learning the map was dead easy, and flying over it is REALLY cool.
Rocka91
QUOTE(Flame! @ Sep 19 2005, 02:52 PM)
Why we all dissing the flatness ? its still a amazing maybe one of the best of all time IMO.
[right][snapback]918126[/snapback][/right]

yeah, but hills make better jumps, and get you better speed downhill. VC woulda been better with it.
The Butcher
VC would have been better without those stupid flying missions.

The same goes for SA!!
Kleaver
VC is so small compared to SA, I never had to look on the map there to find anything
Pecnut
I liked VC's flatness, the map was DEAD easy to learn, and it just made for a really great game to play with the views from the helicopter etc.
DavidOrtiz34
QUOTE(skyfam @ Sep 19 2005, 02:35 AM)
you should have it,

1/5 of SA big,but it's much better than sa
[right][snapback]917399[/snapback][/right]

no... its not much beter than SA! But its still a good game
2raw
vice city looks just like miami. just the names are a little different. thanks guys.
Marriner
QUOTE(nickman @ Sep 26 2005, 10:29 PM)
vice city looks just like miami. just the names are a little different. thanks guys.
[right][snapback]929741[/snapback][/right]

That's because Vice is based on Miami.
Pecnut
QUOTE(Marriner @ Sep 27 2005, 04:11 AM) [snapback]930143[/snapback]

QUOTE(nickman @ Sep 26 2005, 10:29 PM)
[snapback]929741[/snapback]

That's because Vice is based on Miami.

On that note, try watching an episode of Miami Vice and you'll see their inspiration.
In the UK, it can be seen on the Freeview channel Men & Motors.
Rudeboy
The map to Vice City was simple and could be learned almost off by heart. In SA you have to check your map if your told to go somewhere. In Vice City I didn't have to check, I knew how to get to any location just by driving normally. Being a smaller map meant hardly any travelling. There is a long road running the length of each island which can be covered in less than 2 minutes.

I wouldn't even say it is 1/3 size of SA. It doesn't have any deserts, forests, mountains, hills, motorways, canyons. Only a fraction as expansive in terms of geographical size.
mamood
This is the Miami map Compare and contrast
The Butcher
In VC the roads are very easy, and you almost always end up in te same place When you drive around.
SA is really huge, and i am not even trying to learn the map by heart....
Stypex The Point Before Death
Vice city is way more smaller than S.A. from what i understand about two Vice City's can fit into Los Santos alone. so maybe about.....6-8 Vice City's can fit in S.A. altogether (*note im doing all this in my head so its just an estimatation)
Bag Of Puppies
Yeah the map in VC was way smaller, I'm not going to do any estimations. I knew it from top to bottum, been everywhere on that map. Stil love the game so much, aspecialy the look off it. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.