Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carlito's way
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA Old Gen > GTA 3D > Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Flea
i just watched carlito's way not long ago, awsome film, but now i no where they got ken rosenburg from for vice city, al pacino's loyer is exactly the same as ken R, basicly an exact double, acts the same, looks the same, is in trouble with the mafia etc. So there another film vice city had inspiration by, did anybody else notice this? or has it been disscussed and i've missed it, if it has...my bad lol
Kamahl
yes, i have seen that movie, it looked like Vice City... and al pacino's club was like Malibu tongue.gif
Toge
Heh, Vice city jacked pretty much stuff from movies happy.gif
british_bulldog
Yeh, i saw it ITV not long ago, and I noticed that! Apparently the actor who played the lawyer is helping out with the new orleans clean up.
Pecnut
Carlito's way, of course, and Miami Vice.
The site's 2nd resident BMXer
factors for vice city are scarface, carlito's way, miamai vice, and some godfather references
DonLeone
Wasn't the malibu based on Frank Lopez's hangout in Scarface?
Toge
QUOTE(DonLeone @ Oct 8 2005, 02:30 AM) [snapback]945623[/snapback]

It was based on the Babylon club in Scarface.
DonLeone
QUOTE(Wigga @ Oct 8 2005, 08:17 AM) [snapback]946094[/snapback]

QUOTE(DonLeone @ Oct 8 2005, 02:30 AM) [snapback]945623[/snapback]

It was based on the Babylon club in Scarface.

Yep, I meant the club, I just couldn't remember the name. There should have been a mission where Diaz takes you out to the Malibu, to parody the scene when Tony and Frank go there in Scarface. Would've been a good official introduction to the place.
TommyVercettiPizza
Yeh the lawyer looks like, dresses like, acts like AND talks like Ken Rosenberg lol. Good movie. Anyway GTA didn't STEAL ideas from movies, it 'drew inspiration from them' wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.