Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Geek Central
Massacre
Can someone help me find a website (Like a loophole) that I can use to access a site blocked by Bess?
Mattay
Google. Ask Jeeves. Yahoo. Those work EVERY time. Yes, I know. Bess is a bitch. I got it at my school. I disarmed the system last year and got my computer privileges at school taken away. He He He. biggrin.gif But trust me those sites work.
Massacre
I'm looking for a specific site, not a search engine. There was a thread several months ago (In R+R, I think) with some Korean site that allowed you to access blocked sites. If someone can find that topic or that site, I would very much appreciate it.

BTW, it's this site that I'm trying to access from school.
Das Himmler
Use putty and make a openssh box combined with tor/firefox/irissi, run it on port 80 and they can't block it.
Fredman34
QUOTE(Massacre @ Sep 7 2005, 07:19 PM)
I'm looking for a specific site, not a search engine. There was a thread several months ago (In R+R, I think) with some Korean site that allowed you to access blocked sites. If someone can find that topic or that site, I would very much appreciate it.

[right][snapback]898573[/snapback][/right]

i kno what your talkin about......i just cant think of the site right now....
Ricky W
QUOTE(Massacre @ Sep 7 2005, 09:19 PM)

[right][snapback]898573[/snapback][/right]

That was probably me who posted the information. When my company first installed Surf Control (An Internet App used to block access to sites) it was my job to find loopholes around it and block those sites.

Try the following sites, they will get you around any security features:

www.pureprivacy.com
www.myshield.com

About a year ago they were free, I'm not sure if they still are. Check them out, and I'm hoping this is what you wanted.
Kronoz
QUOTE(Das Himmler @ Sep 8 2005, 02:40 AM)
Use putty and make a openssh box combined with tor/firefox/irissi, run it on port 80 and they can't block it.
[right][snapback]898728[/snapback][/right]

Depending on how good the system admins are you probably would be able to download/upload putty or run a non approved exe like firefox or tor.
Pecnut
Or, if you have a site of your own, install CGIProxy on it (Google CGIProxy). This gets around filters that you have at school.
DeKo
exactly what i do a school happy.gif. if it has a word filter, go onto proxify through the cgiproxy and translate into 1337 speak.

you should be leet enough to read it happy.gif
MoldyTurdEater
search google for (without quotes): "start using cgi proxy"... some you will find are private. a lot, however, are public. should fix your prob.
iSpyware
QUOTE(Kronoz @ Sep 8 2005, 11:54 AM)

Depending on how good the system admins are you probably would be able to download/upload putty or run a non approved exe like firefox or tor.
[right][snapback]899340[/snapback][/right]

USB stick -> you can run anything on any windows system.
MoldyTurdEater
tru....boot a live cd/usb linux distro and use an iptable to block the filtering server...i used it at my skool...worked so dam well (cant remember how to do it now as im in college and nothing is bloked =) )...the principal is this: the filtering server has a blacklist. any info/traffic going out to a blacklisted domain/ip is blocked/dropped. all incoming traffic is allowed though. so u use an iptable that says "ignore/block 34*.9*9.09.2 (filtering server ip#)" then your info is sent out.
iSpyware
QUOTE(MoldyTurdEater @ Sep 12 2005, 10:41 AM)
tru....boot a live cd/usb linux distro and use an iptable to block the filtering server...i used it at my skool...worked so dam well (cant remember how to do it now as im in college and nothing is bloked =) )...the principal is this: the filtering server has a blacklist. any info/traffic going out to a blacklisted domain/ip is blocked/dropped. all incoming traffic is allowed though. so u use an iptable that says "ignore/block 34*.9*9.09.2 (filtering server ip#)" then your info is sent out.
[right][snapback]906907[/snapback][/right]

The entire IP range tops out at 225.225.225.225, that filter wouldn't work smile.gif
Kronoz
QUOTE(iSpyware @ Sep 11 2005, 07:34 PM)

[right][snapback]905865[/snapback][/right]

Not if the usb drives have been blocked sad.gif

Just run a liveboot linux cd and you have acess to all files and not web filtering
psychÝ
QUOTE(Kronoz @ Sep 12 2005, 07:53 PM)

Just run a liveboot linux cd and you have acess to all files and not web filtering
[right][snapback]907211[/snapback][/right]

That would just be stupid to do that, unless you go to a school full of morons...................which is most schools.
At my school you couldn't run any .exe file which was crap.
iSpyware
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Sep 12 2005, 02:55 PM)
QUOTE(Kronoz @ Sep 12 2005, 07:53 PM)

That would just be stupid to do that, unless you go to a school full of morons...................which is most schools.
At my school you couldn't run any .exe file which was crap.
[right][snapback]907218[/snapback][/right]

Most schools filter from a router, not any type of software firewall. If you run a livecd, the http request is still blocked at the router.
FuddMan
QUOTE(Kronoz @ Sep 12 2005, 06:53 PM)

WE DONT HAVE CD DRIVES :@

Our school is full of cheap bastards... sad.gif
Zacko
QUOTE(DuffMan @ Sep 13 2005, 07:11 AM)
QUOTE(Kronoz @ Sep 12 2005, 06:53 PM)

WE DONT HAVE CD DRIVES :@

Our school is full of cheap bastards... sad.gif
[right][snapback]908145[/snapback][/right]

We dont either lol, The only ones that do are the really new ones or the ones that have the projecters with them to show the display on the big screen sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.