Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Buy VC?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA Old Gen > GTA 3D > Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Baldman_Sonetti
I never bought VC the first time round - I'm not entirely sure why not - but I was wondering if it would be worth buying once I complete SA? Are they different enough to justify buying or is it almost the same game?
cuda is your boi
Yes, you should buy VC, it's an awesome game... and now that there is MP, the game in now even better.
Baldman_Sonetti
What's MP?
Pieface
QUOTE(Baldman_Sonetti @ Aug 27 2005, 02:49 PM)
What's MP?
[right][snapback]845756[/snapback][/right]

I think its multiplayer
Toge
QUOTE(Pieface @ Aug 27 2005, 06:32 PM)
QUOTE(Baldman_Sonetti @ Aug 27 2005, 02:49 PM)
What's MP?
[right][snapback]845756[/snapback][/right]

I think its multiplayer
[right][snapback]845922[/snapback][/right]

Correct. Anyway, buy Vice. It's a great game, better on Pc.
Catnip
I have it on PS2, but I bought it recently for PC so I could play multiplayer. Its so much fun happy.gif Plus, its pretty cheap on ebay now, so why not. I say buy it.
Piranha
And if you have xbox, get thet "Double pack", which includes both GTA:III and Vice City! Both for the price of one. Incredible really.

tvtim
You should definitly get GTA: VC you dont know what you are missing in references in SA if you dont have it. And trust me you will love it.
The site's 2nd resident BMXer
Vice city is better then sanandreas in my opinion

the missions, people, property, the rewards, the area you are gonna LOVE IT
Baldman_Sonetti
I don't have a home PC. Is it still worthwhile for PS2?
Pecnut
Hell yeah - IMO Vice City is the best game I've played. The music is REALLY good and the game environment is really quite uplifting, not to mention easy to learn.
$carface
QUOTE(AKalien @ Sep 3 2005, 07:59 AM)
Vice city is better then sanandreas in my opinion

the missions, people, property, the rewards, the area you are gonna LOVE IT
[right][snapback]868460[/snapback][/right]

Yup!

I played Vice City before GTA 3, and I still love GTA 3, so the same should be true for you with Vice and 'Dreas.

Just don't expect as much, it's different in many ways, but I still play it.
Rocka91
Vice City is a lil harder than SA, since Tommy gets hurt a lot easier. fall off a bike, at a regular speed, lose 15% of your health. But overall, really good.
Baldman_Sonetti
*converted*

Adding VC to wishlist...
$carface
Good choice.
Gazz
IMO VC is the better of the 3 GTA's (III,VC and SA) i just think ts because its radio stations are alot better and the music is really gd (IMO) and also because u had some sense of making it big (buying assests) and also because the storyling is better (once again IMO) and finall, the voice overs were really gd, Ray Liotta was the best voice actor to fit Tommy's way of life and the missions were kool.

Thats just My Opinion tho.

GTA 3: 9/10
GTA VC: 9/10
GTA SA: 8.5/10

smile.gif
The site's 2nd resident BMXer
well gazz

you seem to have great opinions thumbup.gif

(well imo)

vice also has an easy going and relaxed atmosphere for you to disrupt
thecolster123
i actually dont think GTA VC is as good as SA, so if youve played GTA SA and u think its just 'ok', then DONT gta GTA VC, cos in my opinion its worse
Toge
QUOTE(ColsterLD @ Oct 1 2005, 06:47 PM) [snapback]936629[/snapback]

i actually dont think GTA VC is as good as SA, so if youve played GTA SA and u think its just 'ok', then DONT gta GTA VC, cos in my opinion its worse

I think that SA is "okay" (or maybe bit above it) and my fav. GTA game is GTA III.
Pecnut
QUOTE(ColsterLD @ Oct 1 2005, 04:47 PM) [snapback]936629[/snapback]

I disagree. I think VC is better than SA in its structure and environment. It depends what you were turned off by in SA. If it was the gang shootouts and the swearing, then VC is totally different.
Gazz
Look man, i wud jus get it, it costs buttons to buy now for PC and PS2, and if u aint got GTA 3 get that aswell (again costs buttons), then u will have the 3 of them!!! smile.gif
Pecnut
QUOTE(Gazz @ Oct 2 2005, 06:08 PM) [snapback]938722[/snapback]

Look man, i wud jus get it, it costs buttons to buy now for PC and PS2, and if u aint got GTA 3 get that aswell (again costs buttons), then u will have the 3 of them!!! smile.gif

They sell for about £15 or £20 these days, which is pretty good for a game 4 years old (in GTA3's case)
Pik™
Its like $4.00 here lol, but yeah i would get it its a fun game but it will seem really weird beacuse u lose a lot of features that you have in SA.
GTA Will Live Forever
if u don't have u gotta buy it...every gta is a must...starting from gta III...
§ynch
QUOTE(Baldman_Sonetti @ Aug 27 2005, 02:09 PM) [snapback]845681[/snapback]

I never bought VC the first time round - I'm not entirely sure why not - but I was wondering if it would be worth buying once I complete SA? Are they different enough to justify buying or is it almost the same game?

Vice City is a classic, great game. Must own.

Try a gamestop type of store.
They may have a used *original* version for PS2 or PC - the latest ones were edited.
The 'Haitian Lawsuit' forced the last prints to be edited. Same with the 'Double Pack'.
I have originals for PC and PS2. Same with GTAlll. I hate censorship.

stofke
VC was the 3th GTA game i played and WAS the best
but now i prefer SA
Gazz
NAH...i still think VC is alot better...but hey!...i guess i jus like the whole 80's feel and Tommy just getting down to buisness.

anyways bak ontopic....i hope by the time ive posted this post, u have got the game. (from my first post, BEEN 1 month!)
Bag Of Puppies
I do agree with the guys that say the VC feel is much better then in SA.
Don't know for sure wich off the 2 games are best I think I'll still go for SA since there's so much more to do.
But what you say the games are not so much alike that it isn't worth to buy VC and like I said the feel of Tommy doing bussinis and the Miammi look alike city makes it a must have!

Buy it, you won't regret it! thumbup1.gif
stofke
QUOTE(ilike2destroy @ Nov 10 2005, 03:44 PM) [snapback]990247[/snapback]

I do agree with the guys that say the VC feel is much better then in SA.
Don't know for sure wich off the 2 games are best I think I'll still go for SA since there's so much more to do.
But what you say the games are not so much alike that it isn't worth to buy VC and like I said the feel of Tommy doing bussinis and the Miammi look alike city makes it a must have!

Buy it, you won't regret it! thumbup1.gif

clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
felneymike
In Vice City you dont have to eat, you wont get lost all the time and getting the coolest vehicles is a challenge, its far more fun than SA. Plus on the PC version you dont end up looking in the side windows when you go round corners like you do on SA
TommyVercettiPizza
Yep, definitely buy Vice City, it's one of the best video games ever, maybe the best. Graphics, soundtrack, playability, fun, story, freedom, opportunities, it just can't be beat.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.