Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: why doesnt gta3 have a map?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA Old Gen > GTA 3D > Grand Theft Auto III
small smoke
vc and sa have maps so why not gta3? Jumpy.gif
small smoke
i have ps2 and i cant find it anywhere
Toge
QUOTE(Flame! @ Aug 23 2005, 10:53 PM)
you mean the map that comes with the game or on the pause menu?
[right][snapback]836493[/snapback][/right]

He means the pause menu map. It isn't in Gta III because it came as a new idea to Vice city.
Baldman_Sonetti
I liked the hard copy map. Made me feel like I was really driving. I just wished the GTA games had street names. I loved that in TC. Well, that was the only thing I loved about TC.
DETONATER
yea it dus onna ps2
Pecnut
QUOTE(Baldman_Sonetti @ Aug 27 2005, 02:52 PM)
I liked the hard copy map. Made me feel like I was really driving. I just wished the GTA games had street names. I loved that in TC. Well, that was the only thing I loved about TC.
[right][snapback]845668[/snapback][/right]

Street names would work in smaller, easier laid-out games such as Vice City, but San Andreas is most probably too big to remember half of them anyway. I've had the game since the day it came out and I can't manage without the radar.

As for why GTA3 doesn't have a pause-menu map; just like the colour radar, the idea was new to Vice City (and a very good idea too, IMO).
Beckham
I agree, GTA3 should have a map, i hate having to pause to look on the printed map to try and work out where the hell i am.

Street names would be an advantage but i wouldnt be arsed to stop and check each street name, i like to speed scooter.gif
The Porscheofile
same here Flame! i really have portland down. course i got me PS2 for X mas, and me mom n dad didnt know it needed a mem card then so we had to wait to buy one for like a month, and GTA3 was the game we got with it. lol i got to a point where i could complete the first island in an hour or less. anyway, the map was just a new idea to VC, about the only good improvment in VC
small smoke
QUOTE(Flame! @ Sep 2 2005, 04:39 AM)
I never used the map i just looked at the liccle radar and learned the MAP in my head
[right][snapback]860134[/snapback][/right]

yeah i did the same thing for vc and sa. i know the places top to bottom horizontilly and vertically. maybe its because i have no life Jumpy.gif
Meyer Lansky
I thought it did have a map o well!
Mr.SuAvE92
QUOTE(small smoke @ Sep 6 2005, 04:35 PM)
QUOTE(Flame! @ Sep 2 2005, 04:39 AM)
I never used the map i just looked at the liccle radar and learned the MAP in my head
[right][snapback]860134[/snapback][/right]

yeah i did the same thing for vc and sa. i know the places top to bottom horizontilly and vertically. maybe its because i have no life Jumpy.gif
[right][snapback]895370[/snapback][/right]

if that's so, i have no life either. i've memorized all of liberty, vice, and some of san andreas. biggrin.gif
INzANE
Same here. No life....
mamood
I know Liberty city like the back of my hand. By the time you get to the end of the game you should be able to drive blind folded
INzANE
I know the streets soo good, that at school when I was bored, I used to think about driving down them. Like playing the game in my head sort of.
Pecnut
QUOTE(DualMP5 @ Oct 9 2005, 11:41 PM) [snapback]949085[/snapback]

I know the streets soo good, that at school when I was bored, I used to think about driving down them. Like playing the game in my head sort of.

I've been there myself, but normally Vice City... *dreams*
Pikô
No there isnt a map anywhere on three what i did was use the poster map that comes with it but twas' annoying to have to whip that out i learned the city quite fast so no probs.
Kraft
i havent played gta3 since 2002 and i can still picture every turn and where it goes in my head smile.gif
stofke
i never used the map when i played VC or gtaIII
Jester
^ Same here, i took my time to learn the roads off by hard. But when i used my map all the time in SA, i look back and think it WAS kind of inconvienient.
INzANE
GTA III is the easiest one to remember for me.
GTA:SA Addict
I accually never recognised that...i dont have GTA3 no more i needed to trade it in....to buy Dynasty Warriors 4 at the time..cause i had no money...
Informant X
GTA:LC gives you a pause menu map.
GSHomie
QUOTE(small smoke @ Aug 23 2005, 05:53 PM) [snapback]836015[/snapback]

vc and sa have maps so why not gta3? Jumpy.gif

i know what it is man...i'm going crazy finding the hidden packages...i just don't wanna cheat...this time... rolleyes.gif
Un-Amurikan Bastage
QUOTE(d12rox @ Sep 4 2005, 05:17 PM) [snapback]890221[/snapback]

same here Flame! i really have portland down. course i got me PS2 for X mas, and me mom n dad didnt know it needed a mem card then so we had to wait to buy one for like a month, and GTA3 was the game we got with it. lol i got to a point where i could complete the first island in an hour or less. anyway, the map was just a new idea to VC, about the only good improvment in VC

I beg your pardon? O.o...I loved Vice City...my favorite game ever...had a Hell of a lot of improvements over GTA III, but whatever...

I must be one of the only people that learns my way around :\...I don't remember not having a map in GTA III, but I knew the city perfectly in a short time...I know Vice City perfectly, also (but I play that one a lot), and I know a lot of San Andreas. I still find myself using San Andreas' map in the countryside and Las Venturas (and occasionally Los Santos), but I know Los Santos and San Fierro pretty good...I think San Andreas is harder to learn because it isn't flat. You have cases of there being roads overpassing other roads, and you want to get to a road only to find it goes over the one you're on, so you have to look at the map to see how to get on the higher road...
SlickCriminal92

i know what it is man...i'm going crazy finding the hidden packages...i just don't wanna cheat...this time... rolleyes.gif
[/quote]

Just find a map of the hidden packages on the internet and print it. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.