Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: why does claude never talk?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA Old Gen > GTA 3D > Grand Theft Auto III
small smoke
isnt it strange how he has no lines. that other people in a way answer for him when they talk to him?

so why do u think he does not talk? diespam.gif
Baldman_Sonetti
I played the whole game, for most of it I didn't even realise he didn't speak. When I noticed, I kept expecting him to say something when I finished. But he didn't...
Mr.SuAvE92
i read in an article somewhere that dan houser said that r* wanted the character to be you. that's why it had no personality or voice.

strange. ph34r.gif
Fido 14
QUOTE(Mr.SuAvE92 @ Sep 11 2005, 01:27 AM)
i read in an article somewhere that dan houser said that r* wanted the character to be you. that's why it had no personality or voice.

strange. ph34r.gif
[right][snapback]904789[/snapback][/right]

No actually they wanted Ray Liotta to do the voice for Claude, but he didn't want to do it because GTA wasn't popular at the time. So after that he agreed to do Vice City. I remember though there was a rumor a long time ago before SA came out that Claude couldn't talk because he had his tongue cut off.
House
I thought it was when his girl (Catalina, shes lost her accent...) shot him in the throat and he lost his voice box OR..
skyfam
QUOTE(Jet-Black @ Sep 7 2005, 08:37 PM)
All he does is make noises when he falls.

Giving him a voice would somewhat ruin his persona and the feeling of teh silent killer kinda thing ;\
[right][snapback]897920[/snapback][/right]

why didn't I hear anything

so does tommy
Pecnut
QUOTE(Rydєя @ Sep 19 2005, 11:14 AM)
Fido dosnt talk because he's scared he goes home and talks shit on the internet.
[right][snapback]917462[/snapback][/right]

Haha - Priceless.

Anyway, I also read in an interview that he is silent because R* want to make you feel like they're talking to YOU.
Rocka91
good question, you should ask him that.
COLDOG
Well yeah it says on the back of the box "YOU".
And yeah I thought the voice box thing too.
Omega9
Im pretty sure its because he has no tounge. I'v heard several times that Claude's tounge was cut out. Thats all I know about it.

The actual reason probably has alot to do with what Fido said.
Kleaver
I always thought it was meant to be no voice...that the player should be the one doing it...Many still think Claude and Tommy Vercetti are the same person >_<
Pikô
QUOTE(Rydєя @ Sep 19 2005, 03:14 AM)
I thought it was when his girl (Catalina, shes lost her accent...) shot him in the throat and he lost his voice box OR..
[right][snapback]917462[/snapback][/right]

^^thats what i heard and it makes sence if you look at if from the storyline point of view!^^ scooter.gif
Pecnut
What about this:

He chooses not to. Ask yourself, do you talk to people you hardly know, even when you don't have to? Fido is a silent assassin.
Kleaver
Quote from San Andreas:

Mother-fucker! That mute asshole!
(Catalina's boyfriend)
That fucking snake without a
tongue! Gave me this shit-hole
instead of a pink slip? I must be
the biggest fucking idiot in the
whole fucking world!

Brilliant...
SEB Soldier
Hey that's pretty good proof there tongue.gif I never played GTAIII so i never knew that he doesn't have a tongue.... I wonder who cut his tongue off laugh.gif
Kleaver
Its not big proof though, as Carl could have just called him that cuz he doesnt talk...
SEB Soldier
Well then Carl would just call him"silent snake" or something like that, you know what I mean? Anyways, I don't really want to belive that Claude doesn't have a tongue...
Pecnut
Oh for CRYING OUT LOUD.

There was a bloody interview with one of the Housers. They say, and therefore this is the answer, he doesn't talk because he is SUPPOSED TO BE YOU!!

And secondly, I think he does have a tongue. Although that is mere thought. There is unlikely anything that would back that up / disprove that.
Pikô
Im pretty sure that Fido has a tounge that would be nasty if he didnt lol, anyway i still think that he cant talk because catalina er whoever it was in three *havent played for a long time* shot him in the head.
SEB Soldier
Even though I never played the game, My guess it's because they just didn't find a voice for him OR like Pecnut said it's you that's supposed to be in tha game laugh.gif
Kleaver
Yeah, you are supposed to be him, but they realised it didnt really work so they came out with Tommy. And they just make jokes out the fact he isnt talking with Andreas.
Pecnut
QUOTE(Kleaver @ Sep 27 2005, 07:32 PM)
Yeah, you are supposed to be him, but they realised it didnt really work so they came out with Tommy. And they just make jokes out the fact he isnt talking with Andreas.
[right][snapback]930806[/snapback][/right]

Hit the nail on the head. The jokes are a kinda in-thing for GTA fans.
0bs3n3
on the back of the box it says: you've been left for dead. Now your taking revenge, unless the city gets you first. mob bosses need a favor, crooked cops need help and street gangs want you dead. You'll have to rob steal and kill just to stay out of serious trouble.
Kid_Notorious
QUOTE(Omega9 @ Sep 20 2005, 04:50 PM) [snapback]919631[/snapback]

Im pretty sure its because he has no tounge. I'v heard several times that Claude's tounge was cut out. Thats all I know about it.

The actual reason probably has alot to do with what Fido said.

thats rigth he got his tounge cut out cause if youve played sanandreas in the mission "wear flowers in your hair" cj rants about the shitty garage by calling him a mute asshole and a fucking snake without a tongue
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.