Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what do you think about GTA VC
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA Old Gen > GTA 3D > Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
DDPOTTER
lets see what you think.
Toge
Vice city is a very good game. The storyline is fine, music is nice and the whole atmosphere in the game is very cool.
vercetti899010
Vice city is the best GTA, if not the best game ever created. it kicks Gta 3, and San Andreas' ass! The soundtrack, cars, features, characters, EVERYTHING! smile.gif I will never put down VC
kid_hood
Vice City is one of if not my favorite games of all time, even though San Andreas is the more improved game I still think Vice is my favorite. The music wasn't too bad (even though I don't care for 80s tunes, but it perfectly set the mood), the city was great, and so were the cars. My favorite part of all was the bitchin' storyline.
Piranha
While i love it to death, SA is still King. Its everything i've ever wanted in a video game. Mods, and clothes, and FREEDOM!

Storyline is long and deep. And i love the characters and cut scenes.

VC is incredible though. Real sense of "building an empire" like "Scarface"!

all 3 games are "EPIC"!!
SweetJohnson
yeah the game was great the storie's kool
Mzeppelin
Ok....

Meh, for being about a mobster, the storyline and missions could've been A LOT BETTER.

I also hating looking for all the businesses to purchase.
Xiorc
I bought the game because of the 80's setting and mostly for the music. I'm not a gamer and I only own 3 games GTA VC, GTA SA, and Hot Shots Golf. I like VC alot because I'm still livin in the 80's tongue.gif
spew
shit man, vc was awesome. when i ferst got a ps2 i got vc with it, but no memory card haha. so id play it far, then turn it off and built up my skills on the levels.
DETONATER
brilliant i think i prefer vc 2 sa
pimb
San Andreas is at the top for sure,but i won't forget the great moments I had playinn' to Vice City.I was a kid in the 80's and Vice City brought me a lot a memories back.The soundtrack is wonderfull,the similarities with one of my favorite movies ,Scarface,the sunny atmosphere,the beach...Great great game.
Pieface
Vice City has a better feel and surroundings than SA and GTA3 and i would love it if they made a GTA vice city 2 but the map way bigger biggrin.gif
tvtim
Good, very good in fact. It almost beats out San Andreas, but SA wins barely.
The site's 2nd resident BMXer
i don't know about you guys but i'd rather be in the mafioso then be a street gangsta

but in real life i don't want to be neither so don't get the wrong idea

VC's feel music cars employers characters city peds and weapons were perfect.

if VC had SA's graphics it would be the game to end ALL GAMES!!!!

p.s. tommy called the shots and CJ just did whatever people told him to do

cj was a gangsta and tommy was building an empire like stated above
Gazz
ye, IMO i think that VC was the better of the three 3-D GTA's

Tommy was the best main character from the 3 (IMO), and also, I could type a whole list of why its the best IMO, but i cant be botheres, so obviously I voted

Very Good

smile.gif
ride_bmx
i think that VC is a very good game but SA is better, but it has a good story line nice effects and stuff smile.gif
Marriner
Vice City is a very good game and that's why I voted Very Good
The Porscheofile
it was good, but not anywhere near the hight oh what is and was, GTA 3 and SA. i boght it to get me quik GTA fix. i found that you got 2 much at once. for ex: in SA u start in the hood, the ghetto, the place no 1 wants to be ( cept maybe sweet) manyway, all you try to do is get out of there, and eventually u do.

In VC, u started in the best places in the city. as u went deeper into the game, the city got more shitty. the hoods where later in the game, after u got Diaz's mansion. so u didnt want to go there. fact is, i didnt even go past the part where u got his mansion very many times, just didnt want to.
AFRO
I think its OK, I am bias however, since I played them in this order, GTA3, SA, then VC...
Vice is Way better then GTA3, but IMO SA has too many options that VC dosent have. its clearly the better of the three there are just too many pluses that SA has, esp. the mapsize! and the Soundtrack! that alone makes it great!
Tommy has the best storyline of the three so far, I cant argue against that, and Visually I think its the most superior of the three, but the gameplay of SA does it for me, I dont mind the graffix I think they are done well too.
I like how CJ, can climb walls, and SWIM, work out, eat, date the girls, interaction between AI Peds, the Cut scenes, Weapons, Vehicals, Walking while you shoot Skill meters... I am I outta line here? or am I missing something, I cant be the only guy that thinks VC is not as good as SA, I mean SA plain has more depth, and it upgraded all of GTA3 & VC's probs,by tons!...

When I started Vice, (currently finished with Diaz missions and started the cubian ones and the hatian lady called me too...) I was so disapointed when I fell off the bike and it threw me over a ledge, & I tried to climb up the wall *DENIED* and my health had depleted due to the fall... which really pissed me off, and Tommy seems so fragile, if u jump down 6 steps while running u loose life! or armor, WTF is that? and the 1st person shooting for the M4, and such I am not a big fan of either... the SMG target is kool but the 1st person I dont like as much.. VC SMG is kinda SA like with the targeting...
Dont get me wrong I do like VC but to me SA is CLEARLY a cut above... for all and more then I mentioned above...
VC Good
SA AWESOME
Meyer Lansky
its a good game to me
srg
Graphics wise, especially the vehicles, VC pales in comparison to SA. The cars in VC are badly rendered. They look dirty. Lots of too pronounced dark shadings in almost every curve. In SA you see the vehicles rendered more smoothly, even with nice metalic sheen in some of them.
Banksthaman
GTA - VICE CITY 10/10
Pikô
VC is a good game, i dont know if its the best but....happy.gif
Massacre
I still say that if Vice City had 1 more island and all of the San Andreas features (except for having to feed him), it would be the greatest game ever.
0bs3n3
Vice City has the best soundtrack outta all of them aswell as the best storyline. But SA is just the best game the map is HUGE!
Mzeppelin
QUOTE(Massacre @ Oct 14 2005, 04:11 PM) [snapback]956460[/snapback]

I still say that if Vice City had 1 more island and all of the San Andreas features (except for having to feed him), it would be the greatest game ever.

Hell yes!
Knocc Out
QUOTE(Mzeppelin @ Oct 16 2005, 04:31 PM) [snapback]960354[/snapback]

Hell yes!

Hell no!
Mzeppelin
QUOTE(Knocc Out @ Oct 16 2005, 09:54 PM) [snapback]960485[/snapback]

Hell yes!

Hell no!

HELL YES. mad.gif
Knocc Out
QUOTE(Mzeppelin @ Oct 16 2005, 06:04 PM) [snapback]960492[/snapback]

QUOTE(Knocc Out @ Oct 16 2005, 09:54 PM) [snapback]960485[/snapback]

Hell yes!

Hell no!

HELL YES. mad.gif

HELL NO FOO mad.gif

SA would own VC no matta what
Toge
^ Lol @ this e-beef... ^

Everybody has their own opinion...

Maybe it's just better that I don't tell my fav. GTA game...

Bitch Heartless
Vice City Was Good But I Still Dont Think Its Better Than 3 Or San Andreas.
chris1210
i love it. i think it is better that GTA SA but i don't know why biggrin.gif
The Butcher
It is very good, still playing it occasionally.

It's a new revolution...
Stypex The Point Before Death
Vice City was a great game. it kept me entertained for a long ass time, but eventually, like with all game, i just got bored with it. S.A. just has way to many features and options in it to bore me as quicly as V.C. did.

by the way, i know this is gonna sound stupid, but what the hell does "IMO" mean?
The Butcher
i asked the same question before:

IMO= In My Opinion
shibby
i got bored of gta san andreas before i got bored of vice vice city rocks plus it still has the best soundtrack of any gta game
GTA Will Live Forever
i love the 80's atmosphere... thumbup.gif
stofke
nice game
have it on pc
finished it 100%
Little Beast
Tommy Verceti is so much cooler than CJ. IT the whole atmosphere in the game that makes it . I do not like the gang teretory in San Andreas. Vice City does not have this feacture.
0bs3n3
It is teh best. I like the 80's theme and all.
Gazz
i think that VC had an amazing soundtrack (better that SA IMO), mainly because it was PURE 80's Rock, Pop, ETC...okey mayb SA had more variety....but VC will always be my favourite GTA.

-[XSM]Gazz
LinkinParkFan
VC is a great game IMO. thumbup.gif
OG 4 LYFE
I have to say it is an AWESOME game. I do think San Andreas is a better game but i did like Vice City more. I think i preferred the map of Vice City but the overall freedom of San Andreas and the countryside, i love it!
XtC
I liked Tommy better than Claude or CJ... "Tommy, rip him a new @$$hole!" "I'm gonna rip him two!" but, again, the fact that a grown man can't swim just takes the fun out of it.

Other than that VC was a very good game... IMO smile.gif
freeak1690
i never actually played the story line intil this week....and even though it dont have the same thing as san andreas, its still so much better.plus the 80's atmosphere just as GTA Will Live Forever said.
Adler'sAppetite
I love this game! I think it's the best GTA and I've completed GTA 3 and GTA SA 100% twice. It just all comes together nice and Tommy Vercetti owns it all. Great tunes, great locations...I want to spend a weekend at the Pole Position and Malibu! I really hope they make another game with Vercetti.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.