Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GTA:LVS
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Important Information > Site News
Pages: 1, 2
FreemanXtreme
A team of people have undertaken the biggest modding project possible. They plan to combine Liberty City and Vice City with San Andreas. The project, called GTA: LVS, is curently 10% completed and they have put all of Prawn Island from Vice City in.

Check out there site here: GTA:LVS

Thanks to mat5 for pointing this out.
Zacko
Yeh I saw this ealier if they pull it off it could be awesome although could be a big download...
Smooth101
That would be astounding. But I bet it would take up a hell of a lot of Memory...
Nanook
Pretty awesome if they can get it up and running
cuda is your boi
Sounds very cool!
spew
holy shit that would be the best game ever
BEEF
Man you would need a nasa computer to make it run, unless u have loading screen thingys b4 u go to each area and lots of other limmitations will need to be put on it. Does that mean i can go to burger shot in liberty and buy more property in vc?
Davidgtza2
QUOTE(spew @ Aug 7 2005, 05:18 PM)
holy shit that would be the best game ever
[right][snapback]798924[/snapback][/right]

damn right just imagine the damn posibilities
kid_hood
This is new mod madness!!!! *lighting* AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DeathRider188
That much stuff would end up taking up at least 50 percent or more of a good size hard drive. So unless you have a huge hard drive and a fast computer, I'd be looking at a new computer.

lamo.gif
I/O
Insane.. So are they just putting all the maps into one ginormous map?
FreemanXtreme
Im not sure, the site doesnt give much detail to the plan... but that is what it seems they are doing, like, when you go into the ocean, after a while you'll get to another city.
DiO
sounds good but GTU sounds even beter, there gona combine sa,vc and lc

seen here in DuPzOr's GTU topic
Schantrac
Either idea sounds interesting.
I/O
QUOTE(GFX @ Aug 7 2005, 05:14 PM)
Im not sure, the site doesnt give much detail to the plan... but that is what it seems they are doing, like, when you go into the ocean, after a while you'll get to another city.
[right][snapback]799027[/snapback][/right]

Thatd own..

But.. How big, in file size, are each of the map? Combine those figures, and could someone post the answer?
The Demon
This is going to be awesome! I can't wait till there done.
Verruckt
Would a max of 98.2 gigs on D drive be considered large???
mat5
i think that its suposed to be connected to the san andreas like liberty city on one side and vice city on the other or maybe like different buildings from the differnt citys i read about it on gta gaming here >Clicky<
Mattay
Damn. That is just to cool. When that's done. I'll definetly make sure I got room.
Young Escobar
My computer wouldnt be able to run this shit. Man i need a better computer
ENVi3
QUOTE(R.E.D @ Aug 7 2005, 10:20 PM)
My computer wouldnt be able to run this shit. Man i need a better computer
[right][snapback]799199[/snapback][/right]

yea mine wouldnt either.
but the idea of combining all three cities is kinda insane.
Vercetty666
It's a great idea, I think. I have ever wanted that combination! It will be the best and the biggest game!
Thunderstruck
i'd probably have to uninstall all of the other games on my computer to even stand a chance at downloading it.
Zacko
Will it have the features for SA (changeable clothes etc) and VC in Liberty City wink.gif
Demon Lord Tyrus
The gaming industry in torturing me, now there is 3 whole new games coming out at the same time AND a huge mod thatll make me wanna buy sa for pc next year

sad.gif im going to die from not being able to wait for stuff
gotrad
Hey Guys. Yeah well that would be a great game to have but wouldn't it ve even better if it was on disk for the PS2? It would save loads of disk space for other things tongue.gif Anyway my other point was who would be the main character? Three games, three characters?It would be cool if when you were at SA you were CJ and when you went to VC you'd morph into Tommy. Thanks Guys
The_Prospecter
imagine if this was online...
flynhghr2001
QUOTE(marinerteen51 @ Aug 8 2005, 03:03 AM)
[right][snapback]799145[/snapback][/right]

[br]
[br]
Only 98.2 gigs!!?? I have a 1600 gig C drive and a 400 gig external HD. and very soon I'm upgrading those 400gig HD's to 600 gig HD's. And I'm also upgrading the graphics card to GeForce's newest one with SLi so i'll be using 2 graphics cards.
Varios_Los_Aztecas
Sounds amazing but I dont do PC games and my computer probably wouldnt have enough space.
CygnusX
That'd be amazing once it's done...
eastern
QUOTE(marinerteen51 @ Aug 8 2005, 02:03 AM)

lol my comp has 20 gigs it says on it hard drive DMA
Mekstizzle
98.2Gigs? Ermm....a little over the top there....

SA was/is about 9 gigs right?
VC was about 3/4 gigs
LC was about 3 gigs

There just importing the maps and stuff....granted that they ''SA'' up the other maps to match in neatly..and they do other stuff....it should only take about...a maximum of 3 gigs...probably less...=\

Im just taking guesses here but what i do know is that it definetly wont hit above 20gigs...unless they add a shitload of...shit...
psych°
Its a good idea but are they even allowed to just port it over or are they re-creating the map, as if you port it over its copywrite to rockstar and rockstar arn't going to want to give people 2 of there games free in a mod.
FreemanXtreme
HA! thats a very good point! i wouldn't be surpirzed if the plug got pulled before it's relesed, now that you brought that up.
sanandreashacked
nice i hope it'l b avalable 4 xbox stupid.gif
Dunpeal
QUOTE(sanandreashacked @ Aug 8 2005, 01:33 PM)
nice  i hope it'l b avalable 4 xbox  stupid.gif
[right][snapback]800145[/snapback][/right]

No...this is a PC mod.
FX
ohmy.gif Thats awesome, I wonder who came up with that idea.
matmu52
It is awsome everything, but if you think about it, 3 main caracters, 3 different erras, and i dont think a modder could do that without permisson from rockstar, inless they work for rockstar,..............so all in all, wtf!!!
bluebaby
like rock star will let people play their three best selling games be made into one big game and downloaded for free!
Verruckt
QUOTE(flynhghr2001 @ Aug 8 2005, 04:25 AM)

[br]
[br]
Only 98.2 gigs!!?? I have a 1600 gig C drive and a 400 gig external HD. and very soon I'm upgrading those 400gig HD's to 600 gig HD's. And I'm also upgrading the graphics card to GeForce's newest one with SLi so i'll be using 2 graphics cards.
[right][snapback]799640[/snapback][/right]

I want your pc sad.gif . I got my pc in 2003. It has 13.5 gigs on C drive and 98.2 on D drive. My graphic card is just barely good enough for me to play HL2 sad.gif . Could any1 suggest a good pc that isn't expensive??? (Windows)
matmu52
I want your pc sad.gif . I got my pc in 2003. It has 13.5 gigs on C drive and 98.2 on D drive. My graphic card is just barely good enough for me to play HL2 sad.gif . Could any1 suggest a good pc that isn't expensive??? (Windows)
[right][snapback]801140[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

well i don't know of any computer companies that sell awsome computers for cheap, but i build computers that are alienware quality, but for less money!!! thumbup.gif
mat5
QUOTE(psych° @ Aug 8 2005, 05:19 PM)
Its a good idea but are they even allowed to just port it over or are they re-creating the map, as if you port it over its copywrite to rockstar and rockstar arn't going to want to give people 2 of there games free in a mod.
[right][snapback]800132[/snapback][/right]

yea that would really suck if it didnt get put out but i would think the ppl that r makin it hav already thought about it orr that is i hope!!!!
rsk
Its going to be hard, but I hope they pull it off.
soby
http://mods.moddb.com/5591/
R3D_WUD
As psycho stated, it could be shut down before completion as of copyright.

But if it does get made, it would be great.
rocking 2 -apc- 4 ever
i say they confront R* about it and get an ok...it will be R*'s under the table project!!!

but neway what does LVS stand for? "Liberty City, Vice City, San Andreas"?

we should get every frigin person on this site to keep watch for updates and to make sure it doesnt leak to the outside world or they might have to investigate it for sex games and skip over the violence which is 80000000000 times worse...
mat5
LVS stands for liberty vice and san andreas
Mekstizzle
Hmm......Rockstar would probably say that the mod would only work if said user has all 3 GTA's on the computer......

And hey, this mod might just use the files already on the computer from VC, GTA3 and SA and just cleverly ''combine'' them somehow...or something =\

This would/should:

-Reduce the filesize of the download of the patch
-Require the downloader to have all 3 gta's

Eh?

Bear in mind that im not a software person at all....so i dont really know what im on about....
flynhghr2001
QUOTE(marinerteen51 @ Aug 9 2005, 03:38 AM)

[br]
[br]

If you want performance you have to pay big $$. I buy the parts and build my own custom PC's my desktop has around $8,000 in parts and I'm still working on getting some of the final part in. I hope to have it operational by Christmas.
Verruckt
QUOTE(flynhghr2001 @ Aug 10 2005, 03:04 AM)
QUOTE(marinerteen51 @ Aug 9 2005, 03:38 AM)

[br]
[br]

If you want performance you have to pay big $$. I buy the parts and build my own custom PC's my desktop has around $8,000 in parts and I'm still working on getting some of the final part in. I hope to have it operational by Christmas.
[right][snapback]803815[/snapback][/right]

How long have you been working on that? And when you say $8,000 in parts, do you mean that you've spent that much getting the parts? My mom wants to send me to a school that makes sure that every stundent has an A+ certification by the time they graduate 12th grade. Also MCSE and something about computer graphics. Idiot question: Whats an A+ certification???

But anyway, I think that to keep it legal you'd have to have all 3 GTA's. If you didn't then i'm sure that R* wouldn't aloow it to be made.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.