Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vice City reference in Driv3r
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA Old Gen > GTA 3D > Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Ferrari
Okay guys, take a look at this. To everyone that owns Driv3r and VC, you probably already know this. To the rest of us, (including me), who just found this out, read on. In Driv3r there's a number of sweet talkin Mother Fucks who call themselves Timmy Vercelli. These moron's seem to think that they can run around, and kill whoever they like. Well, we all know what they're trying to pull. Timmy Vercelli? Come on, howabout Tommy Vercetti? Sound familiar? Well, I just found out, (I just bought Driv3r), and let me tell you this. I'm royally fucked off. The guys at Atari think they can steal from Rockstar?

No.

Also, get a look at the cars! They have practically all of the same cars, and a little bit more then in Vice City! I mean get a variety people! I wouldn't have minded seeing a Ferrari F40 instead of another shithouse Infernus! Howabout a Pontiac GTO instead of the crappy Trans Am ripoff Phoenix! And take a close look at the fucking Mercedes Junkers in Miami? Who are they trying to kid.... They're Admirals!

Speaking of Miami, take a drive down the beach of Miami in Driv3r. Make sure it's at night. Look familiar? In fact, there's an Exact replica of the Ocean View Hotel! Not even a single difference! I know Vice City is supposed to take place in Miami but I mean, come on people! Don't copy the fuck out of it!

Let me tell you, I'm royally pissed off. I'm taking back my copy of Driv3r tomorrow, and I'm gonna get another Vice City. I don't know why, But I think it's because I respect Rockstar, and I'd rather give them more business then Atari.

Go make some more asteroid pong games you bitches.
Toge
Oh shit. They really tried to copy things from Vice city. They failed though, wich makes it funny laugh.gif
cuda is your boi
Rockstar actually payed back, in S.A, in the mission where you go to steal MadDog's rhyme book, MadDog himself bad mouths Tanner while watching TV.
Epidemic
QUOTE(Ferrari @ Aug 4 2005, 09:16 PM)
Okay guys, take a look at this. To everyone that owns Driv3r and VC, you probably already know this. To the rest of us, (including me), who just found this out, read on. In Driv3r there's a number of sweet talkin Mother Fucks who call themselves Timmy Vercelli. These moron's seem to think that they can run around, and kill whoever they like. Well, we all know what they're trying to pull. Timmy Vercelli? Come on, howabout Tommy Vercetti? Sound familiar? Well, I just found out, (I just bought Driv3r), and let me tell you this. I'm royally fucked off. The guys at Atari think they can steal from Rockstar?

No.

Also, get a look at the cars! They have practically all of the same cars, and a little bit more then in Vice City! I mean get a variety people! I wouldn't have minded seeing a Ferrari F40 instead of another shithouse Infernus! Howabout a Pontiac GTO instead of the crappy Trans Am ripoff Phoenix! And take a close look at the fucking Mercedes Junkers in Miami? Who are they trying to kid.... They're Admirals!

Speaking of Miami, take a drive down the beach of Miami in Driv3r. Make sure it's at night. Look familiar? In fact, there's an Exact replica of the Ocean View Hotel! Not even a single difference! I know Vice City is supposed to take place in Miami but I mean, come on people! Don't copy the fuck out of it!

Let me tell you, I'm royally pissed off. I'm taking back my copy of Driv3r tomorrow, and I'm gonna get another Vice City. I don't know why, But I think it's because I respect Rockstar, and I'd rather give them more business then Atari.

[right][snapback]793487[/snapback][/right]

For one thing, DRIV3R failed. The makers made such a big deal about the production and shit. Vice City owns DRIV3R.
rocking 2 -apc- 4 ever
damn straight it does
Ferrari
QUOTE(rocking 2 -apc- 4 ever @ Aug 5 2005, 02:39 PM)
damn straight it does
[right][snapback]794948[/snapback][/right]

So you guy's agree with me that I should take back driv3r and get a Vice City?
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
Yeah, ofc.

Remember: DRIV3R got terribele reviews, the sales bombed, the production costs were huge, and head of production for the Driver series quit (he's been there since Driver on PSOne).

Also, remember the GTAIII mission "Two-Faced Tanner" where you kill an undercover cop called Tanner...
steelman
lol thats hella funny they tried to copy GTA:VC so that the game would seem alot funner or what. R* should sue them for copyrighted materials just to piss them off
even if they don't win it will still be funny and will make sure that the driver series never comes back.
COLDOG
Sounds like they're having wars or something, LOL.

GTA3 got Driver with "Two Face Tanner" mission
Driver 3 Got Vice City with TimmyVercilli and the same location setting and cars.
San Andreas Got back with the "Pissed of with Tanner thing"

Redundant
QUOTE(Ferrari @ Aug 5 2005, 06:04 PM)
QUOTE(rocking 2 -apc- 4 ever @ Aug 5 2005, 02:39 PM)
damn straight it does
[right][snapback]794948[/snapback][/right]

So you guy's agree with me that I should take back driv3r and get a Vice City?
[right][snapback]795409[/snapback][/right]

Vice city is so much better!!
Rocka91
Yea, Atari even admitted that they tried to be like Grand Theft Auto, but they're not too good. I thought Atari was supposed to make good games!
PhantomStranger
2yearsOMG. Thats SOOO Kool. +l33t hax0r

Stop fucking with my posts u mod c***s

what I ment to say was.

2 YEARS OMG. Thats SOOO Kool. +l33t hax0r

mods dont fuck with the posts, a word filter does. OLD/10 isnt a fucking post. - deko
SLIMSHADY08
Vice City is a way better game, But Driv3r has better graphics imo and the car damage owns, Both are really fun games but Driv3r is more realistic, Vice city is more fun
DETONATER
i think driver3 is the samein the way that the drivungs more or less the same 2 me anyway
Pieface
I Like Driv3r but vice city is way better i mean vice city is mre fun but as Slimshady said Driv3r is a way mre realistic than vice city but still vice city rocks
Baldman_Sonetti
Two-Faced Tanner was a great mission, I was pissing myself laughing when it said you'll need to blow up his car, because he won't get out.
$carface
Yeah. biggrin.gif

In the brief Asuka says something like, 'A poorly animated undercover cop, he's pretty much useless out of his car.'

Anyway, I like Driv3r, that's probably because I don't compare it to GTA, but if I had to I'd stick with Vice.
The site's 2nd resident BMXer
GTA is better at linking their games together with references to different characters and making a huge enviroment

and they make their own cars

also Grand Theft Auto is waayy funnier

i laughed my balls off when ricardo said"damn vcr won't eject my el burro"

and he shoots it and find out it wasn't plugged in laugh.gif
Flea
there making a driver 4 aswell, and its meant to be set for release in 2006, so looks like gta and driver r goin to be going at it agen on the next gen consoles next year
DeKo
flame, please try to speak english.

apparently, in drIVer, (notice the IV happy.gif) its going back to its roots, no shitty on foot sections, just all out car mayhem.
Pieface
he is deko i can understand him
GTA Will Live Forever
QUOTE(Ferrari @ Aug 5 2005, 02:44 AM) [snapback]793487[/snapback]

No.

quote, quote,quote...every single word...rockstar rules...
INzANE
Take back your copy of True Crime too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.